Post patch: Small groups and Soloing death

in WvW

Posted by: THE Dentist.5960

THE Dentist.5960

As a solo and small group roamer, this new update is crazy! I understand it was supposed to benefit the “little guys” but when you have only enough to do a few small things whether it is looking for fights or taking a tower or trying to ninja a keep, it will become very onesided now. Once again the larger population server will have more people and have a buff now that makes them harder to kill. No fair duels, no fair roaming, no fair anything. It’s more about the size of the group than actual group or individual skill now. It’s the first day but it has already made a huge difference just in our matchup.

VoxL (NSP)
Doom Strykër [Warr] Doom Ryder [Ranger]
Doomku [Guard] Doom Wrack [Mez]

in WvW

Posted by: Virtute.8251

Virtute.8251

WvW = Army v Army, sorry!

Legendary PvF Keep Lord Anvu Pansu Senpai
RvR isn’t “endgame”, it’s the only game. Cu in CU.

in WvW

THE Dentist.5960

Lol you would think so, but small man teams can do quite a bit for an “army”, or is it your thinking that is “Blob to camp”, “blob to tower”, “blob to camp”, “blob to camp”, “blob to keep”, “reblob to first tower”, etc..

VoxL (NSP)

in WvW

Virtute.8251

Not at all, I’m never worried about being away from the largest stack of allies on the map. It simply changes how I play the moment.

“Blob” cynicism has always been histerical to me.

in WvW

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

For small man roaming teams voice comms if you havent already.

For solo roamers good luck if your in that area. Most people never roamed the lake anyway. It was all down south for the most part.

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

in WvW

Posted by: Draygo.9473

Draygo.9473

Size of group is one main factor in who wins, it always has been. I don’t really get the complaint here.

There is certainly more to do for small groups and with how the ruins are setup much easier for a small group to evade a larger fight and pick off people who straggle/get lost.

Sure you can still run right into a wall of players if you arnt careful.

And yes most people seem to think the +stats are pretty dumb.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

in WvW

Virtute.8251

The people doing the loudest complaining about this have probably not spent much time imagining and practicing any strategies and tactics for working with this new opportunity.

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

Its the first day, of course everyone is going to go the the new area. But once the newness of it wears off I’ll bet zergs avoid it. And that’s when the small group fights come in.

in WvW

Posted by: Draygo.9473

Draygo.9473

Right now small groups can take undefended keeps on high pop servers because everyone is playing in the ruins.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

in WvW

Posted by: cyyrix.6105

cyyrix.6105

When has wvw ever been fair?! From class balance, to food, to outnumbered fights and now to bloodlust buffs, WvW is not, and was never meant to be fair. It’s all about beating the odds. That’s the beauty of the game type.

Stop all the doom and gloom and look on the bright side. As a roamer, you will now get more quality fights in one hour than you used to find over three hours. Not only that, but the terrain to fight on is infinitely more interesting than taking laps around SM.

If you want “fair” go play spvp.

Cyyrix | Marypoppins Deathsquad [mds] | Team Riot [RIOT] | Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: Banzie.5248

Banzie.5248

On IoJ, While we still had a blob hoppin BL keeping things paper. Im pretty sure 90% of the wvw community was roaming xD

Isle Of Janthir

in WvW

THE Dentist.5960

When has wvw ever been fair?! From class balance, to food, to outnumbered fights and now to bloodlust buffs, WvW is not, and was never meant to be fair. It’s all about beating the odds. That’s the beauty of the game type.

Stop all the doom and gloom and look on the bright side. As a roamer, you will now get more quality fights in one hour than you used to find over three hours. Not only that, but the terrain to fight on is infinitely more interesting than taking laps around SM.

I actually love the new environment, my problem is with the bloodlust. Doesn’t bode well for the smaller pop servers. THAT is my problem and this is why the small groups will eventually leave all together. Your on Blackgate so you wouldn’t understand how things work down here in the lowbie tiers. Your other comments made me laugh tho, class balance, yep that’s there, outnumbered (awesome buff, makes you invincible and you get magic find), food – that goes into ones build, which is specific to the player. WvW is open world PvP whether you agree or not. Some groups 1-2, 5-10, 20-40+, nothing wrong with that but the bloodlust stat increase, just bogus…. That is unless you are on a huge pop server that can sit 10-15 in the PvP areas to keep the stacks up. I think it’s a great way to bring spvp into WvW in a delegated area, but the stacks have to go.

VoxL (NSP)

in WvW

Posted by: Sarlack.4096

Sarlack.4096

The Maps changes are cool and dynamic, the buff over the top…have the buff serve a different purpose or do away with it altogether. They got halkittenda right…the maps do allow for nooks and crannies to sidestep larger numbers and a few cool ambush points.

in WvW

Posted by: cyyrix.6105

cyyrix.6105

Your other comments made me laugh tho, class balance, yep that’s there, outnumbered (awesome buff, makes you invincible and you get magic find), food – that goes into ones build, which is specific to the player. WvW is open world PvP whether you agree or not. Some groups 1-2, 5-10, 20-40+, nothing wrong with that but the bloodlust stat increase, just bogus….

1) Class Balance: you actually think the spvp balancing suffices in wvw? wow.
2) Food: people have always found certain foods that push builds over the edge. Remember omnomberry ghosts? What about koi cakes? Class balance doesn’t take food into account, which is very apparent in wvw.
3) Outnumbered: I meant outnumbered fights, not the buff

With all of the variables of wvw, you’re almost never in a “fair” fight. The BL buffs really don’t change anything.

Cyyrix | Marypoppins Deathsquad [mds] | Team Riot [RIOT] | Blackgate

in WvW

THE Dentist.5960

Your other comments made me laugh tho, class balance, yep that’s there, outnumbered (awesome buff, makes you invincible and you get magic find), food – that goes into ones build, which is specific to the player. WvW is open world PvP whether you agree or not. Some groups 1-2, 5-10, 20-40+, nothing wrong with that but the bloodlust stat increase, just bogus….

1) Class Balance: you actually think the spvp balancing suffices in wvw? wow.
2) Food: people have always found certain foods that push builds over the edge. Remember omnomberry ghosts? What about koi cakes? Class balance doesn’t take food into account, which is very apparent in wvw.
3) Outnumbered: I meant outnumbered fights, not the buff

With all of the variables of wvw, you’re almost never in a “fair” fight. The BL buffs really don’t change anything.

Guess you didn’t catch the sarcasm…… There is no class balance, never has been. The buff is over the top, still can’t see how you can’t understand that. Through coordination and having a good group setup, you can easily handle double your numbers, often times more, now with that stupid buff it’s a game changer. It becomes about who has the bigger server in the matchup. I just think its funny because this idea was originally thrown around to help the lower pop servers have a way to combat the superior numbers.

Still we will see how long this goes. Changes will I’m sure come.

VoxL (NSP)

in WvW

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

I used to be a solo roamer in WvWvW. This new patch pretty much killed it.

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

My theory: Anet wants to kill small group and solo roaming. They want those people to move to sPvP (esports!).

in WvW

Posted by: Sammuilee.5814

Sammuilee.5814

Its the first day, of course everyone is going to go the the new area. But once the newness of it wears off I’ll bet zergs avoid it. And that’s when the small group fights come in.

Problem is location of these new capture points. Zergs used to go across lake to next objective and they will still do after patch but after stopping to capture few of these new points.

It would have been better if 4 of these new points were where Jumping puzzle, skritt and centaur camps were and maybe 1 point at lake.

in WvW

Posted by: Bailey.6892

Bailey.6892

For small man roaming teams voice comms if you havent already.

For solo roamers good luck if your in that area. Most people never roamed the lake anyway. It was all down south for the most part.

I always roamed north and through the lake solo. Sucks they couldnt wait to ruin the map and WvW until the match reset.

in WvW

Posted by: war.3790

war.3790

They made 5x mini Spvp maps on all borderlines. Guild raids are going to die.
What did anet think, that +150 stats is going to help a 10-15 man team when a map zerg comes and hits the gates.

Anet has about 1 month to give us GvG arenas, before they lose 60% of WvW population.

Faster Stronger Better [PUGz]

in WvW

Posted by: HatasGunnaHate.3627

HatasGunnaHate.3627

As a solo and small group roamer, this new update is crazy! I understand it was supposed to benefit the “little guys” but when you have only enough to do a few small things whether it is looking for fights or taking a tower or trying to ninja a keep, it will become very onesided now. Once again the larger population server will have more people and have a buff now that makes them harder to kill. No fair duels, no fair roaming, no fair anything. It’s more about the size of the group than actual group or individual skill now. It’s the first day but it has already made a huge difference just in our matchup.

This is why the bloodlust buff should become the outmanned buff and they should keep the map changes in the middle of the borderlands as a place for roamers to find fights. Far away from pointless PPT objectives ;]

[VR] Kyytia
Maguuma’s Mutant Dragon Ninja Warriors super power omega force of doom.

in WvW

Posted by: Super Kruegs.8967

Super Kruegs.8967

The real fail here besides the buff is the location of the buffs. Like another user said should have put the spots in the NE, SE,NW,SW corners of the BLs in the skritt, centaur, areas etc. The blob is not going to go out of the way to go there, but it would a better place to find small group fights. Samuille said it perfect maybe one in the middle the rest should be off the beaten path more.

FA [WS]. Small group fights since 2012

in WvW

Posted by: saratoga.4872

saratoga.4872

My theory: Anet wants to kill small group and solo roaming. They want those people to move to sPvP (esports!).

Two things in response to that idea…..

1. WvW has been a mixed bag of goodies…. zergs run around rolling…and small teams or solo players run havoc…… Now if Anet’s intention today was to ruin that dynamic then I just shrug my shoulders in “Seriously?”

2. If the current situation persists I think that migrations by a lot of players will happen…but not to sPVP, but rather to some other game all together……. if this end result happens it will be a shame since the past year of WvW has been Amazing and brings back fond memories of the Mythic “Dark Age of Camelot” frontiers game days….

If this was April I would SWEAR this patch was an April Fool’s Joke…

in WvW

Posted by: timidobserver.7925

timidobserver.7925

I think you’ll see the best time with bloodlust on reset night. All of the big groups will be( should be) trying to claim as much ground as possible. So a few small groups vying over bloodlust could definitely be useful.

in WvW

Posted by: Jscull.2514

Jscull.2514

Small mans being useful? Lol still don’t know how this game has been out for over a year and some months and people still log in to be “useful”.

How after this much time are there not people just logging in to simply kill other players??? It’s a pvp zone lol…..

PAXA -GM

in WvW

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

Lol you would think so, but small man teams can do quite a bit for an “army”, or is it your thinking that is “Blob to camp”, “blob to tower”, “blob to camp”, “blob to camp”, “blob to keep”, “reblob to first tower”, etc..

Truth is, I’ve seen this happen. Some servers will have 60 people capping a camp instead breaking up into 3 groups of 20, even when they outnumber the opponent anyway.

Whispers with meat.

in WvW

Posted by: Inverted.7439

Inverted.7439

So basically now I cant roam in any BL without sitting outside another server’s spawn. The whole middle part w/e the hell it’s called is a place where guilds that dont have enough people to blob go to.

in WvW

Posted by: Vena.8436

Vena.8436

NE, SE,NW,SW corners of the BL

So, in the spawn of the two attacking servers?

And in the centaur/skritt area which are a stones throw from the Citadel? Basically giving away two nodes for free? The third being just south of said teams own garrison?

Vena/Var – Guardian/Thief
[Eon] – Blackgate