Potential Change to Reset Time

in WvW

Posted by: Balthazzarr.1349

Balthazzarr.1349

I agree with the idea of changing back to Friday.. BUT… The biggest complaint about Friday is the fact that updates are also done on Friday’s at the end of the day. ANet is NOT proposing to change that. They might push the time to a little earlier in the evening but the updates can still happen on Friday nights. Which means the exposure to several hours of WvW outages due to a bad update would still be possible. Almost everyone here is screaming for Friday nights at the original time and obviously not remembering how probably most said how stupid ANet was for doing big updates on the same night as WvW Reset. Remember… this will NOT change. ANet is not going to change the night they do these updates. I prefer Friday night reset as well but if we all go back to Friday night you have to remember that we will most definitely have the occasion where there are issues in WvW due to some patch… it’s not if, but when it happens.

Considering the fact that ANet will not change their patching on Friday nights I personally prefer Saturday ( which appears to have a pretty good population in WvW by the way at that time ). If the patch date changed to Thursday for example then Friday makes more sense.

Just my own thoughts from the minority bandwagon..

… just call me … Tim :)

in WvW

Posted by: Diku.2546

Diku.2546

I logged in special to vote on this.

Yes, +1 Friday Reset Please.

Suggestion – Google search “Reboot Base Map Mechanic”

(edited by Diku.2546)

in WvW

Posted by: den aelling.7681

den aelling.7681

Return reset to Friday please, thank you.

Also, don’t add more pve type elements in wvw, put that stuff in eotm.

in WvW

Posted by: tichai.4351

tichai.4351

+1 for Friday reset

Scrub Guardian [CHvc]
Gunnar’s Hold www.gunnarshold.eu

in WvW

Posted by: Balthazzarr.1349

Balthazzarr.1349

I agree with the idea of changing back to Friday.. BUT… The biggest complaint about Friday is the fact that updates are also done on Friday’s at the end of the day. ANet is NOT proposing to change that. They might push the time to a little earlier in the evening but the updates can still happen on Friday nights. Which means the exposure to several hours of WvW outages due to a bad update would still be possible. Almost everyone here is screaming for Friday nights at the original time and obviously not remembering how probably most said how stupid ANet was for doing big updates on the same night as WvW Reset. Remember… this will NOT change. ANet is not going to change the night they do these updates. I prefer Friday night reset as well but if we all go back to Friday night you have to remember that we will most definitely have the occasion where there are issues in WvW due to some patch… it’s not if, but when it happens.

Considering the fact that ANet will not change their patching on Friday nights I personally prefer Saturday ( which appears to have a pretty good population in WvW by the way at that time ). If the patch date changed to Thursday for example then Friday makes more sense.

Just my own thoughts from the minority bandwagon..

One further note to this… Some people have said that switching back to Friday would bring people back into WvW.. I highly doubt that! Some positive changes to the new BL’s will bring people back… the night we have reset is really a small nit compared to these new terrible BL’s imo.

… just call me … Tim :)

in WvW

Posted by: RoyalCrysis.1065

RoyalCrysis.1065

Mike O’Brian posted this in the “Top 5 WvW Changes Thread”
“There is one thing that doesn’t need to get wrapped up into the April release: Friday night resets. That doesn’t require a Live build. We’ll do it.”
Does this mean we will begin Friday resets starting this week? As in 3/18/2016? Because that’s amazing if so, but we need to know so we can prepare the hype!

Zoren – BG – GoF

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

One further note to this… Some people have said that switching back to Friday would bring people back into WvW.. I highly doubt that! Some positive changes to the new BL’s will bring people back… the night we have reset is really a small nit compared to these new terrible BL’s imo.

Switching away lost GW2 a ton of players. But it’s not symmetric. Switching back isn’t going to get those players to return.

But it will trick the remaining playerbase to stick around a little longer, hoping for some miracle fix to WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: MomentofWeakness.1246

MomentofWeakness.1246

Please make NA reset Fridays at 8pm EST/5pm PST again like it was in the old days…

Its Choo – 250,000 Kills in WvW and Counting…
WvW Commander – NA PST
Sexiest Level 80 Charr Guardian In The Game

in WvW

Posted by: Hule.8794

Hule.8794

I miss resets at friday night/saturday morning (depending on sumemr time)
Having reset at 1am was just so exhausting but so fun. All the people that were on the reset were actually there for the reset, and those parties before it happened.

in WvW

Posted by: Gunner Morton.8340

Gunner Morton.8340

Mike O’Brien said in another post that friday reset does not require additional build iterations:

There is one thing that doesn’t need to get wrapped up into the April release: Friday night resets. That doesn’t require a Live build. We’ll do it.

Mo

Does this mean that the friday reset change will be effective after the upcoming patch on Tuesday March 22nd?

Can a developer confirm this?

I used to play WvW on Gunnar’s Hold, then I took a flawed serverlink to the knee.

in WvW

Posted by: rhapsody.3615

rhapsody.3615

My guild had a discussion about this, and we are all in agreement that we want the Friday reset back, however the time is too late for many on the east coast. We are in a more unique situation where our “reset commander” is in EU time, plus most of our runs end around 7:30 pacific (when the majority of east coasters have logged off).

Essentially, my guild (and most of our server) would still not have a proper “Friday Night Reset” if you go with 10PM eastern.

in WvW

Posted by: Baba Boey.8547

Baba Boey.8547

Can we pweeeease have friday reset back 1 hour after teq. My guild leader said he would beat me if i didnt post this. Heellllllp

in WvW

Posted by: HiggsBoson.1976

HiggsBoson.1976

+1 for the Friday dogpile.

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

Essentially, my guild (and most of our server) would still not have a proper “Friday Night Reset” if you go with 10PM eastern.

My guild is PST and we’ve NEVER had a proper “Friday Night Reset”. Please be willing to compromise. The majority of NA players are not EST, but in the hours between EST and PST.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in WvW

Posted by: Melecha.4576

Melecha.4576

EU times are perfect!!! PLZ PLZ PLZ change reset back to Fridays!!!!!!!!

in WvW

Posted by: SagaHarbinger.1706

SagaHarbinger.1706

+1 for Friday again! Hope this is changed back soon!

I am quaggan hear me coo

in WvW

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

My guild is PST and we’ve NEVER had a proper “Friday Night Reset”. Please be willing to compromise. The majority of NA players are not EST, but in the hours between EST and PST.

The majority, almost half, of the entire U.S. population resides within the East Coast time zone. Over 30% live in the Central time zone. Mountain time zone contains a mere 5%. Another minority time zone is the Pacific Time Zone with only 15%. So with those numbers, I’d highly suggest Anet considers pushing ahead it’s timing.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in WvW

Posted by: ShinigamiPL.4086

ShinigamiPL.4086

from EU perspective – friday will be very welcome. Main reasons:
1) majority of my wvw friends are adults (26+), and saturday evenings (no matter what you offer at that time – wvw/pvp/pve related) will not convince them to skip parties/cinema etc. Any other day (e.g. friday) will allow them to participate into wvw reset
2) keeping in mind scores from last months (im from Blacktide) last day (hours) and also last night just before reset have no effect on finall score – it’s already settled who’s gonna win. So when you introduced saturday evening as reset time, you basicly said to ppl that friday is your day off – cause no matter how many keeps/towers they take the score difference is to high to change leader. If we take into consideration point 1, in fact you make them leave wvw during major part of the weekend – sunday is the only day they can play and bring some value to the server score. Simple change -1 day (friady as reset day) allows them to play wvw during some part of the friday evening. So this is kinda important change from our perspective

in WvW

Posted by: slashlizard.1369

slashlizard.1369

I vote for as early as possible on Friday nights. If a hotfix has to come while i’m in a zerging map, then it it just has to come…

in WvW

Posted by: scott.6398

scott.6398

Bring back the old times Anet make us happy again, bring back Friday reset!!!

in WvW

Posted by: Neoniac.2813

Neoniac.2813

Vote for friday

True GW2 FAN

in WvW

Posted by: TheGrimm.5624

TheGrimm.5624

GW/PoTBS/WAR/Rift/WAR/GW2/CU

De Mortuis Nil Nisi Bonum.

in WvW

Posted by: Whisporz.2356

Whisporz.2356

+1 for Friday reset! Yay!

in WvW

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

I have 2 questions:

1) When will resets be moved back to Friday? Since it’s clear that is what many of us want.

2) Since you are working on a new expac, are we going to have to go through this again when it comes out?

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<

in WvW

Posted by: Chinacat.2407

Chinacat.2407

Please change it back to Friday

in WvW

Posted by: Kamara.4187

Kamara.4187

Please don’t toss something like this at us and then just leave us hanging. It looks like a stall tactic when nothing is done at a certain point and communication stops.

in WvW

Posted by: shrek.1046

shrek.1046

And how many recent patches have gone through on a Friday? I cant remember the last one.

in WvW

Posted by: Skynet.7201

Skynet.7201

Please don’t toss something like this at us and then just leave us hanging. It looks like a stall tactic when nothing is done at a certain point and communication stops.

Lol I just checked this thread to see if there was any news, too.

I guess not.

We created the perfect infiltration machine.
Join 9K+ GW2 players: https://www.facebook.com/groups/GW2Gamers/
All are welcome!

in WvW

Posted by: Kyrdawn.9084

Kyrdawn.9084

+1 for Friday resets

in WvW

Posted by: Haralin.1473

Haralin.1473

Dont care if it resets on friday or saturday as long as WvW is in this state.

Haralin Engineer
[Skol]

in WvW

Posted by: Tyler Bearce

Previous

Tyler Bearce

Game Designer

Thanks everyone. We’ll be moving resets back to Fridays.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Friday-Match-Resets-Starting-March-25th/

in WvW

Posted by: sparc.3649

sparc.3649

Excellent news!

/—————————————\
© sparc.3649 ~ LPC ~ Anvil Rock
\—————————————/

in WvW

Posted by: samo.1054

samo.1054

NICE!!! more than 15characters nice!

in WvW

Posted by: Thasanes.6349

Thasanes.6349

I want to post this but it’s too late.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Stlpos5Z1sQ

Server: Sauce

in WvW

Posted by: Brot.8560

Brot.8560

Please change back to EU resets on 10AM/11AM PST/PDT Fri (18:00 UTC Fri.)

in WvW

Posted by: CrimeMaker.8612

CrimeMaker.8612

Okay anet thank you so much for giving us Friday night reset I appreciate it a lot but what in the kitten were you thinking making the reset time to 10pm est? That’s like half the NA… Most of the East coast WvW guilds probably wopulent be raiding this late. Most of the action takes place on reset and half the people missing out reset is dumb.

in WvW

Posted by: alicatrawz.9567

alicatrawz.9567

There reset time for Europe is 19:00 CET (soon 20:00 CEST) and 3:00 CET (soon 4:00 CEST) on Saturday in NA
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Friday-Match-Resets-Starting-March-25th/
Thanks everyone who chimed in on my previous thread about potentially changing WvW match reset timing. The response was overwhelmingly in favor of bringing back Friday resets, even if that meant it being a little later in the evening for North America.
Starting this Friday (March 25th), the weekly match reset time will change back to Fridays.
NA resets at 6PM/7PM PST/PDT Fri (2:00 UTC Sat) EU resets at 10AM/11AM PST/PDT Fri (18:00 UTC Fri.)

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/4bf7sm/friday_match_resets_in_wvw_starting_march_25th/

gravity is my arch-nemesis.

(edited by alicatrawz.9567)

in WvW

Posted by: briggah.7910

briggah.7910

There was an entire thread where they talked about changing it and the time they planned to change it too. Some people said that it would be too late while the reset just said +1 for Friday and gave no input on the time so it looks like they agreed on the time stated by Anet. If they didn’t agree on the time they should have said so but to me all those that just said +1 for Friday reset agreed on the time. For me, changing reset makes no difference to the gameplay.

Player Vs Everyone
youtube channel - twitch channel

in WvW

Posted by: PariahX.6970

PariahX.6970

yep, you all had your chance to propose a different time for Friday reset and people either didn’t bother or said “same time as before” when that original time was specifically called out by ANET as NOT an option. And you wonder why they can’t listen to their player base? . . . we don’t even make sense or actually know what the kitten we want half of the time.

~Xylla~ [oG] on Ehmry Bay [PiXi]
Xyleia Luxuria / Sweet Little Agony / Morning Glory Wine / Precious Illusionz /
Near Fanstastica /Ocean at the End / Blue Eyed Hexe / Andro Queen / Indie Cindee . . .

in WvW

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

It’s impossible to please everyone.

in WvW

Posted by: Ovalkvadratcylinder.9365

Ovalkvadratcylinder.9365

atleast ‘nobody sad on a saturday night!, weeeoo!’

in WvW

Posted by: Osu.6307

Osu.6307

Moving reset one hour in any direction is going to make half the players happier, and half less happy. It just doesn’t matter. Let’s all just be happy that Saturday means something again.

Osu

in WvW

Posted by: CrimeMaker.8612

CrimeMaker.8612

But ugh my guild and I really enjoy reset and we actually rally up with 20+ on resets now moving it a hour latest is just late for us and I am sure it’s also late for other guilds. I mean why can’t they just change things the way they used to be Friday night reset at 9pm was perfect.

in WvW

Posted by: hedix.1986

hedix.1986

Reset back on Friday? Finally! Thanks. Now just give us back Alpine and I’ll come back to the game!

[QQ] – ex RoS, current Piken Square
[DV] – megaboss community

in WvW

Posted by: Diku.2546

Diku.2546

I logged in special to say…

@Tyler Bearce.3427

Thank you

Suggestion – Google search “Reboot Base Map Mechanic”

in WvW

Posted by: Kamara.4187

Kamara.4187

Thanks everyone. We’ll be moving resets back to Fridays.

Thank You for getting back with the community on this. Its very much appreciated. /respect