Powerless against trolls..

in WvW

Posted by: Steelo.4597

Steelo.4597

We need a GW2 feature that is equivalent to a ringing slap to the ear in real life. The friendly population is absolutely powerless against trolls out to destroy the success of their own side. Suiciding golems, draining supply, putting useless siege, creating drama in chat, even putting commander badge to lure clueless people to their deaths.. there is nothing we can do except /ignore while those people are working to destroy their own side unhindered for months.. all the regulars know their names and have prolly reported them a dozen times but nothing ever happens from the side of Anet.

How to deal with this? We need something like votekick from party – but for the whole of WvW and with much more drastic requirements (2/3 of the map or something) and consequences (banned from WvW for a time) then simply a kick. Or we need to be able to file a petition as a server to get someone banned from WvW… anything, even putting a ransom on their head to make them killable for your own server would work… but right now we can only watch them destroy the things we work for and there is nothing we can do to stop them.

i fear we will look back to this day and remember the good old wvw as it is now – Jan 2015

in WvW

Posted by: Have No Faith In Me.1840

Have No Faith In Me.1840

I’ve known of people who have destroyed our servers golems.

And they had a good reason.

It was “We are versing 2 teams 2 tiers below us. There is absolutely no reason to golem rush like noobs.”

in WvW

Posted by: Karolis.4261

Karolis.4261

We need a GW2 feature that is equivalent to a ringing slap to the ear in real life. The friendly population is absolutely powerless against trolls out to destroy the success of their own side. Suiciding golems, draining supply, putting useless siege, creating drama in chat, even putting commander badge to lure clueless people to their deaths.. there is nothing we can do except /ignore while those people are working to destroy their own side unhindered for months.. all the regulars know their names and have prolly reported them a dozen times but nothing ever happens from the side of Anet.

How to deal with this? We need something like votekick from party – but for the whole of WvW and with much more drastic requirements (2/3 of the map or something) and consequences (banned from WvW for a time) then simply a kick. Or we need to be able to file a petition as a server to get someone banned from WvW… anything, even putting a ransom on their head to make them killable for your own server would work… but right now we can only watch them destroy the things we work for and there is nothing we can do to stop them.

In that case I would be chased by 3 servers in single www matchup

PvP hero Valentin in action!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HiYUlhsO_M
cough*keyboardturningclicker*cough

in WvW

Posted by: kuora.5402

kuora.5402

It was “We are versing 2 teams 2 tiers below us. There is absolutely no reason to golem rush like noobs.”

That is indeed a good reason.

¸ . ø ¤ º ° º ¤ ø . ¸ ¸ . ø ¤ º ° º ¤ ø . ¸
[Aia] Amoria- The guild of pleasant love
¸ . ø ¤ º ° º ¤ ø . ¸ ¸ . ø ¤ º ° º ¤ ø . ¸

in WvW

Posted by: scootshoot.6583

scootshoot.6583

Are those Trolls up levels….? In which case Anet needs to add in a minimal cap level to queue into WvW.

Coming from WoW where I used to see players 5 boxing shamans (15 bucks a month x 5 accounts) to pull this off, am sure there are many in GW2 who will not hesitate to buy a 2nd troll account just for the sake of abusing the system.

Log in with a level 1, proceed to troll the opposition, the very next week when the opposition rotation changes, delete the level 1 and make another garbage character on the new server, never have to pay transfer fees this way.

in WvW

Posted by: sendmark.4731

sendmark.4731

Yeah but this about when you’re playing a server 13 places above yours and they still do it. Let alone doing this sort of thing constantly.

in WvW

Posted by: qualm like a bomb.6512

qualm like a bomb.6512

Thank you for your honor kind sir. The game needs more people like this rather than the world stacking mouth breathers it has now.

Qualm – Commander
Grievance [GVNC] – Our drunken WvW is the kitten
Devona’s Rest – Forever Outnumbered & Kittened upon by Anet

in WvW

Posted by: ryan.6217

ryan.6217

Thank you for your honor kind sir. The game needs more people like this rather than the world stacking mouth breathers it has now.

Bunch of mouth breathers. Gosh that is still funny. Honestly have to laugh whenever i read it or hear it in TS

in WvW

Posted by: Killthehealersffs.8940

Killthehealersffs.8940

They could make golems > guild bound
Also they can right click your character portet and give you <<guilds rights>> for 2 hours
Or holding more than 9 suplies , you get only exp from completed objectives , but no karma-money
Or if are <<marked for muted>> (invisible) , for next 1 min if you use any word in CAPS or use any word , like <<scrub-noob-etc>>, you are suspended from the chat for 30 min . If dont do anything like that , you wont be able to reported again for 3 hours .
Also like gw1 disshonor > reports stacks

in WvW

Posted by: Madora.9340

Madora.9340

Just use this. Also, 15 characters.

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

Are those Trolls up levels….? In which case Anet needs to add in a minimal cap level to queue into WvW.

Coming from WoW where I used to see players 5 boxing shamans (15 bucks a month x 5 accounts) to pull this off, am sure there are many in GW2 who will not hesitate to buy a 2nd troll account just for the sake of abusing the system.

Log in with a level 1, proceed to troll the opposition, the very next week when the opposition rotation changes, delete the level 1 and make another garbage character on the new server, never have to pay transfer fees this way.

no a Minimium Cap level for WvW forces players to level in PvE to play WvW. That was against the original appeal of endgame starts at level 1 like Ante promoted.

I play a lot of WvW, yet most of my alts arent even above 35. Thats because leveling in constant WvW is very up and down in terms of exp gained. bad idea. levels in this game shouldnt even exist really.