Precursor

Precursor

in WvW

Posted by: MarkoNS.3261

MarkoNS.3261

Q:

Hello, i heard precursors can drop from bonus chests (mists chest) in wvw, is that true. and while we are on the topic i know this was probably asked a lot before but what is the best way to get precursors i am trying to get bolt ^^ .

Precursor

in WvW

Posted by: Rimmy.9217

Rimmy.9217

A:

Hello, i heard precursors can drop from bonus chests (mists chest) in wvw, is that true. and while we are on the topic i know this was probably asked a lot before but what is the best way to get precursors i am trying to get bolt ^^ .

Realistically, save up your gold to buy the precursor. In doing that, you’ll end up killing lots of things – and a precursor can drop from literally anything – and you’ll get a lot of the things you need to turn a precursor into a legendary.

There is no quick and easy guaranteed way to get a precursor – they are literally random. Assume you’ll have to buy it, and you won’t be disappointed. I’ve only got two legendaries, and I bought the precursor for both of them. 6k+ hours logged in the game.

A week after I bought my precursor for the Bifrost, a guy in my then-guild who had only been playing the game for maybe three weeks got the same precursor from an npc at ne camp on some BL or other.

TL;DR save up your gold and buy the thing. Don’t waste your money on the mystic forge.

Trollnado Ele – Ehmry Bay

Precursor

in WvW

Posted by: goldenwing.8473

goldenwing.8473

My guildmate got a precursor drop off either a player or a mob in WvW (lot of combat going on at the time in the camp.)

I got a precursor off a fish in Gendarran doing a PvE daily.

Reinforced the random part of RNG for us.

PS: you can gamble in WvW, you can gamble in PvE, you can gamble using the mystic toi.. er forge or you can grind, save up and buy either the precursor or legendary on the TP (guaranteed.)

Good luck.

BG: 52 alts, 29 lvl 80’s. They all look good, so I am done with the game: Oct 2014

(edited by goldenwing.8473)

Precursor

in WvW

Posted by: MarkoNS.3261

MarkoNS.3261

Thanks for the info

Precursor

in WvW

Posted by: CrimsonNeonite.1048

CrimsonNeonite.1048

You will get it from random chance as mentioned, I don’t get many exotics as it is.
One of my Guildies gained about 8 from the Mystic Toilet himself, so you imagine how many of us are Jealous about the luck he’s got!

Scrubio
Plays completely opposite professions to his main Teef.

Precursor

in WvW

Posted by: VOLTCIEAGE.3029

VOLTCIEAGE.3029

Oh man 3 weeks ago I had kudzu from sentry guard from t1 tower

Precursor

in WvW

Posted by: katniss.6735

katniss.6735

Don’t buy pre-cursors. By the time you save up 800+ gold, some market flipping guy with all the gold in the world will have doubled the price. There are other skins in the game you can get either for free, or by buying gems instead, that look decent.

My advice is to farm the events bosses and save all the weapons for the mystic forge. Salvage all the armors.

The gem escalation, combined with the insanely high pre-cursors, skins, and certain entertaining items in the TP are a detriment to the game overall.

Buy skins that come with a patch right after the patch comes out. You can find out about them on dulfy.net/category/gw2/ and other sites. Do things like this before the prices escalate. Or use this as a method to potentially make more gold.

Stay informed. Read about all the living story patches coming up next, and previous monthly patches to see if you want to wait for that month to roll around so you can farm a particular item instead of dish out everything you have to get it.

Server: Maguuma – Leafy Lass – Elementalist (WvW)
Guild: Bill Murray [Bill]/ [DERP]
twitch.tv/mlgw2

Precursor

in WvW

Posted by: Rimmy.9217

Rimmy.9217

Don’t buy pre-cursors. By the time you save up 800+ gold, some market flipping guy with all the gold in the world will have doubled the price. There are other skins in the game you can get either for free, or by buying gems instead, that look decent.

Nonsense. I’ve done it, and it’s easy. If you spend an hour a day, ideally two, farming even a moderately successful and stable materials type farm, you’re looking at 25-45 gold per day. So, assume you’re starting at zero and take the lowest range: 25 gold.

Forty days, or 1.3 months, or six weeks to get 1000 gold, minus days off and minus expenses and impulse buys.

Do you think your precursor is going to double in that time? It won’t.

But for the love all that is holy, do NOT make the gifts before you have your precursor – the precursor is the thing that will take literally the most time to get, and that includes map completion. Once you have the precursor, everything takes less time and so you feel like you’re getting closer to it.

Doing it the other way makes it feel way longer, and you’ll give in to despair.

Set your goal, and make it happen. It’s really that easy. But time consuming. Watch cartoons.

Trollnado Ele – Ehmry Bay