Predicted Final for NA Bronze

in WvW

Posted by: Crunk n monkey.3749

Crunk n monkey.3749

It’s been a hard 9 weeks for the folks in NA Bronze. Some weeks harder than some. Some weeks didn’t go like planned. Some weeks were decided early. In any case, the Tournament has had its moments, good and bad. So here are my thoughts on where the servers finish as the last week of the tournament approaches.

Prediction before the tournament started.

1. Gates of Madness
2. Sorrow’s Furnace
3. Devona’s Rest

4. Ferguson’s Crossing
5. Anvil Rock
6. Darkhaven

7. Kaineng
8. Eredon Terrace
9. Ehmry Bay

Not too shabby. DH will place ahead of AR though. EBay did better than I thought they would. In fact they might get a share of 3rd place if tiebreaker rules don’t apply. That would be a huge plus in rebuilding that server, since everyone else thought they would be at the bottom of the barrel.

So the final results MAY looking something like this.

1st place – GoM 45 points – Pretty much secured it in Week 7.

2nd place – SF/DR 29 points – Unlike Week 7, SF won’t let FC beat them again. Not for 2nd place. They’ll go all out. DR just plain stopped after Sunday, some think its because they can guarantee a win in Tier 7 and tie for 2nd place rather than fight SF for 2nd place. But in all honestly, they have put their placement in Tournament in the hands of GoM. For example, DR will have a maximum of 29 points with a win in Tier 7. Now if GoM wins Week 9, the maximum points SF or FC can have is 29. Making DR get a share of 2nd place. However if GoM takes 2nd in the matchup, SF or FC will have 31 total points, knocking DR to take 3rd place. And whoever finishes 3rd will be knocked down to 4th place with 27 points. But if GoM takes 3rd place in matchup, DR will share 3rd place with who ever took 2nd in the matchup to get 29 points. It’s kind of confusing I know, but the short version is GoM controls where DR gets placed in the Tournament.

3rd place – FC/DH/EB at 27 points – A 3 way tie for 3rd place. But I caution again, this could change a lot if GoM doesn’t win Week 9.

4th place – AR at 23 points – Even if [TBT] had stayed, it wouldn’t have been any better.

5th place – Kaineng at 21 points.

6th place – ET at 15 points.

That is what it would like if GoM takes first again in Week 9 to close out the Tournament and it is what I am predicting. However, for laughs, here is how it would look like it GoM takes 2nd and 3rd in Week 9.

1st – GoM at 43 points
2nd – SF at 31 points
3rd – DR at 29 points
4th – FC/DH/EB at 27 points
5th – AR at 23 points
6th – KAI at 21 points
7th – ET at 15 points

1st – GoM at 41 points
2nd – SF at 31 points
3rd – DR/FC at 29 points
4th – DH/EB at 27 points
5th – AR at 23 points
6th – KAI at 21 points
7th – ET at 15 points

So you can see that GoM controls who places in 2nd/3rd/4th place. HoD is also in the same spot as GoM in Silver. They control the outcome of those servers in Silver as well.

Ascended Phoenix [ASH] – Gates of Madness

in WvW

Posted by: skyhawk.5149

skyhawk.5149

When i stepped into wvw on the first night and found only 1 person crafting in all 4maps combed i knew it was over for ET. Next day found out 3/4 of the server left….. and preseason people were talking about how we were gonna be stacked… yeh got purged instead of stacked lol.

Retired Oceanic Commander of Eredon Terrace

in WvW

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

I’m justs happy it’s finally coming to an end. This season was a bigger failure than season 1 was. I hope ANet will finally take note of how terrible these servers have become and will merge some of them.

I can’t recall the last time we didn’t lose because the opposing team didn’t out number us 3:1 or simply logged on for the early morning shift.

in WvW

Crunk n monkey.3749

Let’s just say Season/Tournaments shouldn’t happen because people complain about them.

in WvW

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

Let’s just say Season/Tournaments shouldn’t happen because people complain about them.

You make it sound like their complaints aren’t justified. People complain because ANet has failed to make a balanced product after 2 years.

in WvW

Posted by: SkyChef.5432

SkyChef.5432

I can predict how tournaments come out with 99.9% certainty if the Chinese servers are allowed to play w/ NA & EU servers.

People are too serious of their knowledge.

in WvW

Posted by: TeamBattleAxe.3901

TeamBattleAxe.3901

How is the prizing determined in the case of ties?

I wouldn’t normally advocate throwing a match, but since this season’s individual rewards are based on an asinine metric like server population instead of active participation, I’d happily take a loss to get a better prize distribution for my fellow bronze leaguers.

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

How is the prizing determined in the case of ties?

I wouldn’t normally advocate throwing a match, but since this season’s individual rewards are based on an asinine metric like server population instead of active participation, I’d happily take a loss to get a better prize distribution for my fellow bronze leaguers.

Asked many times, no official answer on tie-breakers……

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

in WvW

Crunk n monkey.3749

You make it sound like their complaints aren’t justified. People complain because ANet has failed to make a balanced product after 2 years.

If that is how you took my comment, who am I to argue.

My point is, if people want to complain about something, take it away from them.

in WvW

Posted by: Arius.7031

Arius.7031

And that’s the season’s fault, obviously. It’s not like it wasn’t balanced before season 2 (sarcasm). People are blaming season 2 for what they perceive to be problems with WvW in general, that’s blaming the wrong thing. If anything this is more balanced because strong servers can have to repeatedly beat on weaker servers just to move up tiers, whereas with leagues the matches were constantly shifting and settling around relatively balanced matchups.

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

in WvW

Posted by: Spica.9308

Spica.9308

Without DR to constantly 2v1 on and 2 servers known for fighting for 2nd place I wonder who would win?

Sadly, we got a little tired of GoM focusing our stuff only all week so a 3rd place server always comes 2nd and that server wouldn’t even touch a single camp from them. :P

DR pretty much fights GoM head on at the start of each match-up (and does so well too) that’s why we get so much hate. But that’s until a 3rd server comes in and attacks us from both sides.

Overall, bronze league could’ve been better if they manually switched GoM and SoR instead. Right now its just obvious SF will get double teamed all throughout.

(edited by Spica.9308)

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

When i stepped into wvw on the first night and found only 1 person crafting in all 4maps combed i knew it was over for ET. Next day found out 3/4 of the server left….. and preseason people were talking about how we were gonna be stacked… yeh got purged instead of stacked lol.

It’s our fate to die every time seasons are announced… Happened on season 1. Happened again on season 2. And if there is a season 3 (god forbid it), it surely will happen again…

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Crunk n monkey.3749

Technically, it wouldn’t have been GoM. It would have been SF that went Silver, since they had the higher world rating at the time. GoM was on the rise, but not near the top just yet. SF had already spent two weeks in Silver, and was swapping out with NSP. That’s why I said back then, between NSP and SF only one of those servers would go Silver and the other would stay in Bronze since SoR’s rating was not low enough to get them into Bronze and allow both NSP and SF to go into Silver.

I like facing DR more than I do facing SF. So if your getting hate, it isn’t from me.

in WvW

Posted by: Dosvidaniya.3260

Dosvidaniya.3260

My favorite part is that AR is going to be placed below EB; a server they have beaten twice and lost to zero times.

Why is this happening? Both times (2) that AR and EB have had the same number of points, they’ve dumped AR into the higher bracket and EB into the lower bracket. The net result is that AR is now placed lower than the server that they have beaten.

in WvW

Posted by: Rize Jodo.1276

Rize Jodo.1276

The tournament standings may not be a great indicator of current strengths among servers in the bronze league due to the great migrations that occurred just prior and during the season. Ebay and ET lost members and guilds prior to the tournament due to cheap transfers and there was another power shift when Kain, DH, SF lost members with the launch of the China servers. I am not super knowledgeable of what happened but it’s what I heard. I love Ebay and hope we never lose our identity but I am afraid that this may be the only answer…

I hope ANet will finally take note of how terrible these servers have become and will merge some of them.

Only thing I can think of is taking the 3 smallest servers Ebay, ET, Kain and merging them with the three above them creating: ET+SF, Kain+DH, and Ebay+Anvil. As much as I don’t like that idea I would prefer it to them just disbanding any servers completely. Oh well Anet said there would be changes to WvW later this year so we’ll just have to wait and see.

Edit: Purely speculation but I see an EotM like format for all of WvW with 3 server “teams” that are rotated and then fixed during tournaments based on how the regular season went.

(edited by Rize Jodo.1276)

in WvW

TeamBattleAxe.3901

Edit: Purely speculation but I see an EotM like format for all of WvW with 3 server “teams” that are rotated and then fixed during tournaments based on how the regular season went.

You mean like this? http://youtu.be/qHcO6Xo8eJ8
The video is 7 months old and the standings are horribly outdated, but the concepts would still work.

in WvW

Posted by: arKRazor.8654

arKRazor.8654

The video is 7 months old and the standings are horribly outdated, but the concepts would still work.

I find the idea rather appealing. Points awarded for putting it all together for the visual learners in the crowd.

Halfpint Sapper – Poorly-traited Asuran Engineer/CatHound/Part-time Warbanner

Devona’s Rest [OHai][GloB]

in WvW

skyhawk.5149

[/quote] It’s our fate to die every time seasons are announced… Happened on season 1. Happened again on season 2. And if there is a season 3 (god forbid it), it surely will happen again…[/quote]

sigh lol Jek would u stay for a season 3? Assuming were in the same situation as pre s2…

in WvW

TeamBattleAxe.3901

I find the idea rather appealing. Points awarded for putting it all together for the visual learners in the crowd.

You’re too kind.
Except when you’re trying to kill me.

in WvW

Posted by: Roadbull.3457

Roadbull.3457

I just find it sad. I’ve played the game for a year and ET has been stuck at the bottom of the barrel for that entire time.
Then finally after a year of torture we finally started to bounce back only for free transfers to sap all of our strength and leave us with bare bones. Fighting all day and spending entire weekends trying to keep the score up would always be proven meaningless as other servers would night cap everything and wipe out all gains and upgrades.

Add to that the servers who constantly attacked us while ignoring each other simply because “ET is more fun to fight,” leads to fun for everyone else but frustration for everyone except the most hardcore players.

The irony of it all, is that ET is full of awesome people who play the game for fun and seem to keep at it despite all the outnumbered nights, all the lost ground, and everything else. There are sometimes you can just sense this despair of “why bother?” when they watch all their hard work during the day be erased. However, somehow, those same people show up against the next day and play the game and have just as much fun as always.

My question is. Why does the community seem to hate ET? Recruitment threads get trolled, other servers/guilds throw a giant fits over attempts to improve morale like zerg fight videos to the point of harassing folks through whispers and holding grudges like ET isn’t allowed to win a fight because we’re supposed to be the ones who roll over and just die, and even our chance to escape last was foiled because we were focused on the week we had a chance to avoid it.

I’ll stay on ET until I quit this game, but I can never help but think that I’m just punishing myself and making it so I will Never have the experience that I should with the game because each time it feels like we’ll escape ANet just throws balance out the window right before season starts, we get owned, everyone leaves to join the winning servers, and we start all over from square one, again.

ET will never die because the folks that love it won’t let it, but jeez…Seasons have done nothing but bring my game experience complete MISERY every single time. If they disappeared never to return I wouldn’t shed a single tear about it.

Crystal Desert (RIP ET) – FoC Guild Leader

(edited by Roadbull.3457)

in WvW

Posted by: Spica.9308

Spica.9308

The tournament standings may not be a great indicator of current strengths among servers in the bronze league due to the great migrations that occurred just prior and during the season. Ebay and ET lost members and guilds prior to the tournament due to cheap transfers and there was another power shift when Kain, DH, SF lost members with the launch of the China servers. I am not super knowledgeable of what happened but it’s what I heard. I love Ebay and hope we never lose our identity but I am afraid that this may be the only answer…

I hope ANet will finally take note of how terrible these servers have become and will merge some of them.

Only thing I can think of is taking the 3 smallest servers Ebay, ET, Kain and merging them with the three above them creating: ET+SF, Kain+DH, and Ebay+Anvil. As much as I don’t like that idea I would prefer it to them just disbanding any servers completely. Oh well Anet said there would be changes to WvW later this year so we’ll just have to wait and see.

Merging servers won’t solve anything. It will only create 2 new bottom servers with more people in it. We’d rather have more tiers than more people who whine about how unfair it is for the bottom 2 servers. Mixing match-ups between tiers 6-7-8 will only result in both servers getting destroyed harder than what ebay ar could do to them. No matter how you shuffle match-ups 2 servers must unfortunately get stuck in the bottom unless Anet gives them free transfers and it will create 2 new bottom servers who whines all day. The only help Anet can probably do to encourage underdog servers is to give them a little edge or rewards. The game should encourage 2v1 on the winning server for better rewards and discourages double teaming either the 2nd placer or the 3rd placer (which happens 95% of the time). The point systems need some more variety that doesn’t favor zerging everything and giving losing servers more chances to even the score. Make it harder for 1st place to keep its lead and the rest to catch-up.

If I were to suggest they should scrap the whole out manned buff thing since we barely felt its effects rather they should give these buffs.

2nd and 3rd Place servers should gain 33% more exp / wxp / karma / money / magic find every time they successfully cap a 1st place server’s property. Corresponding points should be given directly as a bonus like +1 for killing yaks +10 camps, +20 towers, +50 keeps and +100 castle.

3rd Place servers should have 50% discount in upgrading their territory and 25% faster upgrading speed since they are most likely to get papered all throughout the match-ups.

It’s just a little incentive to fight for 1st and a little help to keep a 3rd place server from giving up on lopsided match-up.

Either way any server can be 1st 2nd or 3rd in any point of every weekly match-ups. The whole point is to keep score gaps as tight as possible, to create more competition and chaos since basically wvw has become a coverage and out swarming kind of event.

(edited by Spica.9308)

in WvW

Posted by: Rimmy.9217

Rimmy.9217

My question is. Why does the community seem to hate ET? Recruitment threads get trolled, other servers/guilds throw a giant fits over attempts to improve morale like zerg fight videos to the point of harassing folks through whispers and holding grudges like ET isn’t allowed to win a fight because we’re supposed to be the ones who roll over and just die, and even our chance to escape last was foiled because we were focused on the week we had a chance to avoid it.

I don’t hate you.

However… if a “zerg fight video” is meant to improve morale, then why post it on our forum? http://www.ehmry.com/topic/4643-et-vs-eb/

Yes, we are happy to see how we look from someone else’s point of view, but did you think it would be all “Great job ET, you guys certainly ran tight in the face of impossible odds!”?

And then posted the same silly thing in your recruiting thread and on reddit, as though it was something that would bring adoration and panties flung at you from the audience? Come on now.

As I said in the thread that I linked above, I do rather like fighting you guys. And not in a quaint pat on the head sort of way, I mean I like fighting you guys. I tend to be more of a roamer so I’m the guy flipping your camps a little faster than you can respond, but you do have roamers and very small groups that are a pleasure to fight.

Not all of them, but some.

What I want to know is, why is there such a difference in your server between the start of the tournament and now at the end? Not how you’ve become trollier, because that’s pretty fun. I’ll be keeping an eye out for a guild in particular for more of that kind of fun.

But what happened to your numbers? At first, you guys clearly outweighed us in population, and not just from the achievement hunters either. But it’s like you burned out early, and that’s a shame.

We started a bit slower (after having our WvW scene wiped out) but have managed to keep a few of the achievement hunters, and they have developed nicely into contributing members of the scene.

We don’t hate you. We’re one of you, in tier 8.

Trollnado Ele – Ehmry Bay

in WvW

Rimmy.9217

The game should encourage 2v1 on the winning server for better rewards and discourages double teaming either the 2nd placer or the 3rd placer (which happens 95% of the time). The point systems need some more variety that doesn’t favor zerging everything and giving losing servers more chances to even the score. Make it harder for 1st place to keep its lead and the rest to catch-up.

I could definitely get behind this.

in WvW

Posted by: NonToxic.9185

NonToxic.9185

But what happened to your numbers? At first, you guys clearly outweighed us in population, and not just from the achievement hunters either. But it’s like you burned out early, and that’s a shame.

We never outweighed you, that was a huge joke to us. On the same day that this recruitment thread was started, you guys had a big old mob roaming about Eternal Battlegrounds dropping the Outnumbered buff on us. Every reset night you have a bunch of guys in our borderland, dropping catas constantly at Bay, while still having a group presence in Eternal Battlegrounds. ET (tries to) defends those two maps with the same group of people.

I, and others, stopped playing when it became clear the struggle was for naught. I would keep trying if I expected improvements or changes later on, but I was in ‘keep trying!’ mode all through our rough rump roast that was Season 2. Keep trying became why bother this season. I’m on my way out from the game in general, only forum stalking to see if there really is the ‘big announcement’ coming.

(edited by NonToxic.9185)

in WvW

Posted by: Arius.7031

Arius.7031

Dh had a mass exodus, nothing to do with china. We lost BRL, which was comprised of 3 guilds cus there were too many for 1, FiN (large prime zerg busting guild), VoC (large prime zerg busting guild), ANBU (a 500 man PvX guild that had a large presence in WvW), FOOD (good havoc guild), and a bunch of random pugs.

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

(edited by Arius.7031)

in WvW

Rimmy.9217

We never outweighed you, that was a huge joke to us. On the same day that this recruitment thread was started, you guys had a big old mob roaming about Eternal Battlegrounds dropping the Outnumbered buff on us. Every reset night you have a bunch of guys in our borderland, dropping catas constantly at Bay, while still having a group presence in Eternal Battlegrounds. ET (tries to) defends those two maps with the same group of people.

Not exactly.

We have a more-or-less permanent presence in EBG, since lots of people think EBG matters on low-population servers.

What we have on the other maps are roamers and randoms. Sometimes they’ll get together and do something, often they won’t.

But sometimes, when things are solid in EBG, a group will break off and go to one of the BLs, and anybody already there will also go to them, and that’s where those “groups on two maps” come from.

I get the outnumbered buff most of the time too, you know. Our videos reflect that.

That said, towards the end of the tournament we are definitely seeing fewer of you guys in the field. But you’ve definitely mixed up your gameplay and tactics, which is fun.

It’s a pity we didn’t doubleteam AR when both of us were getting k-trained.

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

Not exactly.

We have a more-or-less permanent presence in EBG, since lots of people think EBG matters on low-population servers.

What we have on the other maps are roamers and randoms. Sometimes they’ll get together and do something, often they won’t.

But sometimes, when things are solid in EBG, a group will break off and go to one of the BLs, and anybody already there will also go to them, and that’s where those “groups on two maps” come from.

I get the outnumbered buff most of the time too, you know. Our videos reflect that.

That said, towards the end of the tournament we are definitely seeing fewer of you guys in the field. But you’ve definitely mixed up your gameplay and tactics, which is fun.

It’s a pity we didn’t doubleteam AR when both of us were getting k-trained.

That’s the difference between us and you… We don’t have a permanent presence on any map. The only map where we have a more-or-less permanent presense is on ET BL, and sometimes this end up being 5 people defending against 20+ man zergs while EBG and other maps have literally 0 people on it. You can’t really do much like this.

Sometimes I play 8+ hours in EBG and I never see the outnumbered buff go out. And unless a guild group decide to push an enemy borderland, you’ll never see ET on it, maybe except for a few roamers flipping camps and paper towers.

I don’t know wtf happen in ET… We start strong on reset, and after everyone go sleep on friday we pretty much roll over and die for the rest of the week.

Now on a side note, I don’t know why the hell people from our server are posting on your forums… These people don’t like other servers posting on ours (I know some that were even banned from our forum) and it’s a shame to see that we have people doing the very same that they say to dislike.

WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points

in WvW

skyhawk.5149

Ok first off i’ll apologize for starting the whole derailing of the thread and ranting about ET getting wrecked by free transfers. Now would you all (friend and foe alike) go back to the topic of predictions for the final standings of Bronze league plz? Not that theres much to predict, GoM first, ET last already for sure things.

in WvW

Rimmy.9217

That’s the difference between us and you… We don’t have a permanent presence on any map. The only map where we have a more-or-less permanent presense is on ET BL, and sometimes this end up being 5 people defending against 20+ man zergs while EBG and other maps have literally 0 people on it. You can’t really do much like this.

Sometimes I play 8+ hours in EBG and I never see the outnumbered buff go out. And unless a guild group decide to push an enemy borderland, you’ll never see ET on it, maybe except for a few roamers flipping camps and paper towers.

I don’t know wtf happen in ET… We start strong on reset, and after everyone go sleep on friday we pretty much roll over and die for the rest of the week.

Now on a side note, I don’t know why the hell people from our server are posting on your forums… These people don’t like other servers posting on ours (I know some that were even banned from our forum) and it’s a shame to see that we have people doing the very same that they say to dislike.

Our server is open for people to post on, we truly don’t mind. And it gets a fair amount of traffic too! More of you should join and post there – we’re likely to be in the same tier for a while, so we may as well benefit from it.

I didn’t link that thread to say “Look at this bad guy!”, I linked it to say that if videos are being made to boost server morale, then posting it on the home site of the server your video shows you killing probably isn’t going to get you mad props.

The double link to the same video in his signature might be going a bit overboard, though.

And when I said more-or-less permanent presence on EBG, I just meant that if people are on at all, chances are they’re there. If you see anything larger than a party on another map, chances are we have a skeleton crew (going right down to a single player) back on EBG while the group has shifted maps and is running around.

You DO start strong on reset, every time. Like you said, I don’t know why you guys don’t push more during the week. Is your population working sixteen hour days or something?

We do like that you and Kaineng seem to have found some common ground, though. This weekend it seems like there’s been some cooperation, and that’s exactly what should happen.

And might I add, before I (hopefully) stop hijacking this thread, that your evening defenders are a pain in my hindquarters – I’m getting to the point where I recognize them by their silhouettes at a distance… they are very unforgiving on lone or twosome roamers.

EDIT: added invitation to post on our forum

(edited by Rimmy.9217)

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

Ok first off i’ll apologize for starting the whole derailing of the thread and ranting about ET getting wrecked by free transfers. Now would you all (friend and foe alike) go back to the topic of predictions for the final standings of Bronze league plz? Not that theres much to predict, GoM first, ET last already for sure things.

noplz

And regarding your question on the other post: I’ll move if I get bored. Can’t help it… So you people should keep me entertained (somenthing that is already starting to lack if you ask me).

(edited by Jeknar.6184)