Prime Time server rankings EU

in WvW

Posted by: Preacher.9018

Preacher.9018

Posting an actual unbiased server ranking how it looks at prime time, without night capping.

Seafarer’s Rest
Arborstone
Far Shiverpeaks
Vizunah Square
Kodash
Blacktide
Gunnar’s Hold
Riverside
Piken Square
Augury Rock
Desolation
Gandara
Elona Reach
Aurora Glade
Abaddon’s Mouth
Jade Sea
Fort Ranik
Vabbi
Ring of Fire
Underworld
Whiteside Ridge
Dzagonur
Drakkar Lake
Miller’s Sound
Ruins of Surmia
Fissure of Woe
Baruch Bay

Correct me with screens of your server leading in prime time if info is wrong (impossible!) somewhere.

http://www.pevepe.net/ – Seafarers Rest Server community website

(edited by Preacher.9018)

in WvW

Posted by: Massacrul.2016

Massacrul.2016

You Sir made me laugh xD

Arborstone as 2nd? They have whole zergs during night time, and yet you say “without night capping”

Your whole list is bullkitten.

in WvW

Preacher.9018

You Sir made me laugh xD

Arborstone as 2nd? They have whole zergs during night time, and yet you say “without night capping”

Your whole list is bullkitten.

Give me screenshot of your server beating them in prime time, and i`ll fix it. No whining!

in WvW

Posted by: Astre.7821

Astre.7821

there’s a problem with your ranking : prime time is 20h-00h for everyone. That’s ok. But it’s not 20h (or 00h for that matter) at the same time for everyone.

Ethalyon – Tempest Auld [Tpst] – Augury Rock

in WvW

Preacher.9018

Well, the difference is in EU max 4 hours. If a server is not too small, primetimes mostly overlap. There are times when each server is stronger/weaker (for example 0 GMT English servers are still strong 2 hours after +3-4 GMT servers go to sleep), but also there is prime time period which is prime for all.

Basically – just taking a period when all maps are caped and all servers have equal numbers.

in WvW

Preacher.9018

Apparently everyone agrees. Yey! We are world best! (EU > NA)

in WvW

Posted by: Cill.6451

Cill.6451

Great thread.

This scoring is more representative of each server’s strength.

Grazze – Engineer – Intrepid

in WvW

Preacher.9018

Pointless thread is pointless. Go kitten a kitten.

Thanks for reminder. Fixed position of your server in the list.

in WvW

Posted by: DavidMonthen.4398

DavidMonthen.4398

I will elaborate:

If a server has a strong period in the morning or afternoon they may still have a lot of capped points in the beginning of the evening, which aparently is defined as primetime. (Which is utterly stupid anyways, primetime is when there is the most players, so look at the graphs and see when each individual servers prime time is, then combine them and you will see yours is plain wrong…) Right so anyways:

If a server still holds a lot of points in the early evening, at the beginning of your so-called “prime time” it does not mean they still hold them an hour later. Proving stuff with screenshots is therefore pointless, as it does NOT represent the servers performance in primetime AT ALL. You can also not judge it by the potential points at any given time, as those are not the actual points given at the next point tally, but the ones that COULD be given IF the respective points are claimed in time…

So there simply is no way to judge the strength of servers in such a small window of time. (That’s exactly why matches last longer than 4 hours…)

ALSO: STOP kitten DISCRIMINATING AGAINST PLAYERS WHO PLAY AT NIGHT (/rage). There are people that just CANNOT play at any other time during each day (day being the 24h period of time, not time of daylight here). So by saying this is a better representation of each servers strength you are basically excluding those players from counting to the servers strength. Meaning you are saying. “Nah, you guys don’t count.” Thats a kind of discrimination. I am not sure if ANet is going to tolerate it here for discussions sake, but if I WAS them I wouldn’t.

And no, I am not one of the players online at night, as I live in Germany and have to work from 7am-5pm each day. But I still think each and every player should be respected, no matter at what time of the day they can play or want to play…

(Also: I guessyou don’t intend to seem so whiny, but you still come across like a bunch of kindergarten-kids who lost their teddy…. seriously, grow a pair…)

- Bloodsteel

Commander – Kaargoth Bloodsteel
Gunnars Hold – [RUN]
www.run-guild.com

in WvW

Preacher.9018

What makes you mad? You like night capping – there is other ranking for you and other topics. Your server is by far not prominent for beating anyone (except facing server they severely outnumber) in prime time and it still gets night capped by more active at night server despite that. If in prime time it takes you hours to take back keeps from the server that capped at night and you are switching leading score back and forth for few hours – it means servers are pretty close, and the other server (even if its nightcaps) is technically stronger – since short leading of specific server can be accounted for example for specific guild loging in, while on other server the opposite guild was not present. So short term results are not really indicative.

REAL prime time servers are called that because of REAL dominance at prime time – aka leading it for 4-7 hours at evening. Sometimes leading with the double combined score of the enemies – so yeah, in such situations its prettykittenobvious who is stronger in reality.

I dont descriminate against players playing at night, i descriminate against non-pvpers and non-pvp activities in pvp ranking. If you are good – you can beat your enemy. If you are bad – you cant. You cant prove you are good if all you do is fighting NPCs at night or outzerging enemies 10 to 1 in off time.

in WvW

Posted by: nin.1029

nin.1029

It’s nice that you are proud of your server, even though it comes across as a bit of a whine. And if you guys can ever overcome the competition in tier 5 or wherever you are, we would gladly welcome you to a fight of “Who’s best in prime time” in the top tier.

in WvW

Preacher.9018

It’s nice that you are proud of your server, even though it comes across as a bit of a whine. And if you guys can ever overcome the competition in tier 5 or wherever you are, we would gladly welcome you to a fight of “Who’s best in prime time” in the top tier.

Last time i checked, when we had a match against FS , guess who was leading in prime time? Need screenshots? Medium server vs FULL? And we didnt even play actively with an alliance – just were leveling in PvE and loged at evening for some wvw fun.

http://postimage.org/gallery/l89cjg2/

in WvW

Posted by: RamzaBehoulve.5640

RamzaBehoulve.5640

No, it’s not representative. Both blacktide and aurora glade destroy arborstone 6pm to 9-10pm CET, then at 9-10pm, their night zerg starts to assemble and suddenly get 400+ points in less than hour while we get no queue on any map and even outmanned on 2 maps.

(edited by RamzaBehoulve.5640)

in WvW

Preacher.9018

Ramza, prime time is 18-01 CET. So if Arborstone dominates you 21-01 CET, they do win. After 18 people come from work mostly, majority starts playing around 20.00 CET.

Aurora and Blacktide are both russian heavy servers, thus playing at +4 GMT. Still, until the 23 CET the fight is fair – after that you can start complaining about russians logging off – but the thing is : its blacktide and aurora that gets point offtime while french are at work, and loose at prime time when french return from work. There is slight difference in time zones – but on majority of EU servers the most heavy fights are around 21-01 CET – at other times specific servers can have slight timezone advantage (but on high populated servers, most maps are filled all length from 18 CET to 1 AM at least). French get massive points thanks to night score, since they log off LATER than russians and capture everything after russians log off – but if they still win in prime time, that matters little.

From what i know Blacktide is pretty active in offtime fighting itself, dominating at morning and early day. Additionally – Arborstone is smaller server than both Blacktide and Aurora.

in WvW

Posted by: Snort.3698

Snort.3698

Whats the criteria for this list. i would have desolation higher.

Snorth Tufmudda – The UnNamed _ThUn.
Project Blacktide 24/7 http://tinyurl.com/a3unn9b

in WvW

Preacher.9018

Monitoring of servers score/forums, population/queues statistics, expiriences with servers we fought and my troll sense(us on top!). Not telling its entirely accurate, some (especially the ones i didnt fight personally) are quite wild guesses based on bits of info.

But if its incorrect, just post screens of your server dominating others at prime time, and i`ll fix the list. Desolation is one of the most populated servers so can beat a lot of lower tier ones by default – its not known to be very organized though – but for example. if you can show that Desolation beats Gunnars Hold with clear advantage in prime time: i`ll fix its position.

in WvW

Posted by: Bahamzero.6783

Bahamzero.6783

This list is way off imo, for example i have a ton of screenshots of Deso leading vs FS and VS in prime time also Vabbi should be higher.
I only agree with the #1, the SR alliance is the best in Europe as they push to 350+ pp and 3 orbs everyday during prime time even after losing everything at night.

in WvW

Posted by: hunTShoo.1247

hunTShoo.1247

lol whats this?

what kind of ranking is this?

in WvW

Preacher.9018

lol whats this?

PvP ranking. In opposite to PvE ranking in official topic.

in WvW

Posted by: Ixnay.2073

Ixnay.2073

yeah yeah totally unbiased. i almost belive you.

in WvW

DavidMonthen.4398

lol whats this?

Your data is inaccurate and you should feel inaccurate…

Seriously dude, you can’t possibly take screenshots and a self-defined “primetime” and say “allright these are the statistics”. They aren’t statistics, they are presumtions. And they are way, way, way, way off…

Gunnars Hold – [RUN]
www.run-guild.com

in WvW

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

Bloodsteel

ALSO: STOP kitten DISCRIMINATING AGAINST PLAYERS WHO PLAY AT NIGHT (/rage). There are people that just CANNOT play at any other time during each day (day being the 24h period of time, not time of daylight here). So by saying this is a better representation of each servers strength you are basically excluding those players from counting to the servers strength. Meaning you are saying. “Nah, you guys don’t count.” Thats a kind of discrimination. I am not sure if ANet is going to tolerate it here for discussions sake, but if I WAS them I wouldn’t.

I hear this “argument” all the time but it makes no sense.

Nobody is “discriminating” or “disrespecting” late night players. I don’t even know how people get this idea in their head.

Asking for a fix for night-capping is just about balancing the relative effort of day activities vs. those achieved at night. It has nothing to do with wanting to “punish” people or discriminate against them. So stop claiming that.

So far the only arguments against a night-capping solution have been:

1. Stop being selfish!
2. Recruit late night guilds!
3. Why do you hate late night players?

None of those so called “arguments” are reasonable or even logical in any case.

I have yet to read a logical argument in favour of night-capping/

in WvW

Posted by: hunTShoo.1247

hunTShoo.1247

lol whats this?

how do you calculate the rating?
nothign there you post a random list of eu-servers.
and vizunah is incredible high for there PvE ratings.
shall i post you some scorechart of my server in the moment we just had the lead for 2s in primetime?

are you Seafarer’s Rest?

got something for you:
https://d1ej19d7kwigfi.cloudfront.net/uploads/forum_attachment/file/572/gw083.jpg

well played!

(edited by hunTShoo.1247)

in WvW

Posted by: IKShadow.4582

IKShadow.4582

SF sux … long ques during prime time eg 18:00 -00:00 CENTRAL EUROPEAN TIME and constantly getting owned from night till afternoon.

btw let’s take TV prime time definition

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Prime time or primetime is the block of broadcast programming during the middle of the evening for television programing.

The term prime time is often defined in terms of a fixed time period—for example, from 19:00 to 22:00 (Central and Mountain Time) or 20:00 to 23:00 (Eastern and Pacific Time) (7 p.m. to 10 p.m. or 8 p.m. to 11 p.m.).
————————————————————————————————————————————

Basically the prime time is defined when majority of people will have time to use it for their hobby activities eg : wont have work, will put children to sleep, wont be in school, wont study, wont be doing outside activities etc…

There is a reason the TV is put in their best show’s/movies during that time as it expected for people to have time to watch it.

So in EU case with different timezone it would be unfair to define prime time from 20:00 to 22:00 CET so we add +2 hours in each direction to cover other timezones as well.

The fact is that majority of people with job’s wont be playing much past 00:00 their time and wont be back before 16:30/17:00.

Now if they have familes they wills pend time with them, eat lunch, play with kids etc so they will probably log between 19:30/20:00 play for 2-4h and go to sleep.

I think some should just accept the fact that there is such thing as PRIME TIME and others should accept that their server will loose against those servers that have people from US/Canada/Oceanic ones.

Even server with more mature community will loose against ones that have most kids and students on eg .. players will job’s are coming past 17:00 .. students will play even during mornings, kids will come from school around 13:00 etc…

However ALL of above have SAME PRIME TIME eg the time when majority will be online

FUtilez.com Mature Gaming Guild part of Seafarer’s Rest Community Site

(edited by IKShadow.4582)

in WvW

Posted by: Kazim.2043

Kazim.2043

Arborstone is a night cap server

Izuvac.5713 “…like imagine 2 taliban server against 1 american…”

in WvW

Posted by: Thrax.1720

Thrax.1720

Why do you have Desolation and Vizunah in a prime time ranking?

in WvW

Kazim.2043

And why this love again Piken Square? We (Underworld) haven’t face them for a long time, though I’m 100% sure we have beat them on primetime. Do we need to loose a lot to face and prove it again?

in WvW

Posted by: Wiluz.1947

Wiluz.1947

Frenchs are #1 EU, deal with it.

in WvW

DavidMonthen.4398

In Europe alone there are 4 differtent Timezones.

Add Oceanic and other players from further away (that are allowed to play on the servers, as they are international!) to this and you will have a big problem defining a common prime-time.

There is a primetime for each and every timezone and if all servers had an evenly matched playerbase this would not be an issue in the first place. However this will not happen.

The way I think about it. Take some cheese, wait for the ranking to balance out and automatically be matched against servers that are (more or less) equally strong.

Gunnars Hold – [RUN]
www.run-guild.com

in WvW

Kazim.2043

For EU servers 1 man playing between 00:00 GMT – 07:59 GMT worth 10 man playing between 08:00 GMT – 23:59 GMT.

Accept the fact, change your lifestyle or learn to live with it.

EDIT: I don’t try to say “night capping” is not fair. It’s as fair as it can be.
I’m just saying a decent amount of player base don’t and won’t invest on WvW, knowing they will loose it all before morning comes.

The only permanent solution to this is do what EVE does. Don’t separate servers by their region. Make them common.

(edited by Kazim.2043)

in WvW

Posted by: Tukor.7514

Tukor.7514

This guy is clearly from Seafarer’s Rest.
its a relatively weak server, which always is stating that they are “the best”, but they lose the matches for night capping (and blah blah blah….)

This post does not make sense. Its a totally random list, whith your server as “the best” -as always… blahblahblah…Rofl!- and the sever we all know you hate (spanish people, you really sound racist about these people) as the worst (they are leading its current match at prime time, actually).

Worst post ever.

(edited by Tukor.7514)

in WvW

Posted by: Karther.7481

Karther.7481

And why this love again Piken Square? We (Underworld) haven’t face them for a long time, though I’m 100% sure we have beat them on primetime. Do we need to loose a lot to face and prove it again?

We usually do pretty well in prime time actually, we just suck the rest of the day. In all fairness I think Underworld is half decent and has offered our primetime PvP guilds a fair challenge over the several times we’ve fought, but I’m certain we’ve beaten you in primetime as well.

At the moment, against the two bad servers we’re against, I can understand why we’re ranked so highly. Personally I think we’re a bit lower, since we only have a handful of guilds I’d consider good.

Rhelex – 80 Asura Necromancer
Time To Leave [GTFO] – a WvW Guild
Piken Square server

in WvW

Posted by: Thorvald.5432

Thorvald.5432

@IKShadow.4582 your reasoning is wrong. When one server is on prime time, the opposing server might not be.
So a prime time is not defined by adding them together but when the two prime time collides.
For example, Let’s take VS vs FS.
VS is french, GMT+2. FS is mostly russian, for simplicity we take GMT+4.
The 20:00 – 00:00 from russia put in GMT+2 would be 18:00 – 22:00
So the prime time from both server meets at 20:00-22:00 GMT+2

Playing past 00:00 is not abnormal. I am quite sure both russian and french play till 01:00 – 02:00, but you can guess that 2h difference in timezone makes a huge difference.
Therefor countries who are the closest to the GMT will face minimal resistance on their prime time.
You may argue that the other side have the same advantage the hours before primetime but that is simply not true. The population in afternoon is far more important than night.

Invaders [Inv] – Vizunah Square

in WvW

Kazim.2043

The population in afternoon is far more important than night.

And the population at early morning is the most important one as you can completely reset all upgrades of all keeps and get 3 orbs back in less than 1 hour.

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Just open WvWvW when i log in and close it when i log out.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in WvW

Posted by: Muan.1029

Muan.1029

Vizunah definitively has to be placed between Ruins of Surmia and Fissure of Woe.

Muan — Janitor of [CaSu]
Vizunah Square

in WvW

Posted by: Corew.8932

Corew.8932

Frenchs are #1 EU, deal with it.

You mean the Canadians? It’s not until they get online it gets nasty ;p

in WvW

Posted by: CC Ivonne.6782

CC Ivonne.6782

Community Coordinator

Hello everybody,
as this conversation has derailed, the thread will now be locked.
Thanks for understanding.