Project Desolation: Recruiting Additional North American and Russian Guilds.

in WvW

Posted by: Archaos.4953

Archaos.4953

If you are looking for a well organized server with an outstanding community Desolation EU may be for you.

Desolation is an international server populated primarily by players from the United Kingdom and other western European guilds.

We are currently looking for well organized North American and Russian guilds for our server. We have recently joined the first tier of the European bracket and have held our own. We are on track to come in first or second for a second week in tier two against Vizunah FR and Arborstone FR.

Guilds and gaming organizations interested in building up their international member base will find Desolation is an excellent destination server.

If you have any other questions or concerns please contact me in game!

Sincerely,

The Desolation gaming community.

in WvW

Posted by: tita.6358

tita.6358

yeah perfect example…
just brilliant.
Edited by Moderator: Quote about a deleted post removed

Tita the Sunless, Vizunah Night Rats
75/75 Arrow Cart Mastery
124K doors and counting

(edited by Moderator)

in WvW

Posted by: Auzegeist.2836

Auzegeist.2836

Although i tend to agree with you most of the time Archaos i have to disagree with the plan to push more US players here, the numbers in our BL’s are pushing crazy levels, 1-2 hour waits are not acceptable, this has become more and more since we went T1 now every guild and their cat wants to transfer here.

I respect RUIN and the job you do but flooding the server isnt a good plan imo.

in WvW

Posted by: KiNgPiN.2075

KiNgPiN.2075

Although i tend to agree with you most of the time Archaos i have to disagree with the plan to push more US players here, the numbers in our BL’s are pushing crazy levels, 1-2 hour waits are not acceptable, this has become more and more since we went T1 now every guild and their cat wants to transfer here.

I respect RUIN and the job you do but flooding the server isnt a good plan imo.

The thing is that Desolation dont have any queue at 1am – 10 am CET and if yes, it dont take more then 5-10 mins to join at that time. But i have to agree during the day when ppl come back from school/work the server is flooded but at that time most of american ppl are not online.

in WvW

Posted by: Vayra.3290

Vayra.3290

Good initiative. Looking forward to meeting you guys again soon.

The Unnamed[ThUn] – Desolation
Vayra – Elementalist
Forkrul Assail – Mesmer

in WvW

Posted by: KiNgPiN.2075

KiNgPiN.2075

150 vs doors is not enough, u still manage to take some camps so we need more ppl to cover the map

(edited by Moderator)

in WvW

Posted by: Genocide.4506

Genocide.4506

Actually you guys on Arbor and Vizuna always take alot back from us during your primetime when most people in our server are either at work or sleeping….. So you guys also PvDoor and still you don’t see alot of us crying about it…

Oh and great job on perfecting the use of speed buffs kudos for that!

Blackgate thief :)

in WvW

Posted by: sCor.8069

sCor.8069

I don’t mind seeing more US or Russian guilds on our server and I appreciate your effort Archaos, but Desolation is, urm…. full.
There is no real point in recruiting, if there is no room for people to join.
Unless they increase the capacity again ( which I highly doubt, since there’s still medium servers in the EU) this is kind of pointless.

in WvW

Posted by: Archaos.4953

Archaos.4953

Desolation is not Full during US late evenings or at night. Which is the group of people and play times Ruin is most interested in.

We have recently had several guilds from Far Shiverpeaks join us since their server is apparently fallen on hard times.

in WvW

Posted by: waeren.9743

waeren.9743

Removed. Keep it on topic folks. ~ Dalmarus

Good luck with the recruiting!

(edited by Moderator)

in WvW

Posted by: Genev.2450

Genev.2450

- Desolation Battle Reports
- Project Desolation

Somebody has a crush on Blacktide :p
Looking forward to seeing you guys soon, good luck!

in WvW

Posted by: Jakar.3685

Jakar.3685

As a desolation player I can say that the fights have been pretty cool during the day. And since Ruin joined we got a lot better organisation in the WvW without really having long queues. All in all I welcome anyone that joins our server be it american, european or russian.

in WvW

Posted by: Brunners.7251

Brunners.7251

We’re seen as the server that thought ahead first and got the help they needed.

Acadamey Gaming EU [AG] twitch.tv/brunners90

in WvW

Posted by: MagnusLL.8473

MagnusLL.8473

Back on topic: Desolation could really, really, REALLY do with anyone from GMT +/- 8 and higher. Right now our mornings during the week see us having to compete with a nearly completely depleted force, as the US-based population goes to sleep and the EU-based one goes to work.
Already Vizunah is massively daycapping us and next week it’s only going to become much worse with Blacktide, so if you’re in any of these timezones and are interested in joining a T1 bracket fight while having zero queue, you could do a lot worse than having a look at our server.

in WvW

Posted by: CrimsonNeonite.1048

CrimsonNeonite.1048

Agree with Magnus we need more during the morning/early afternoon in Europe.
Well Aveneo maybe that’s on EB but late last night on Desolation BL we had Ruin trying to take on a french zerg but they couldn’t really command a army of randoms against them and we kept losing stuff soon after capping keeps/towers trying to cap a garrison we lost in the first place and almost lost cause the majority of them switch maps leaving us with less numbers. Only until the french zerg depleted we took control not to say I don’t like Ruin there are nice guys and some good commanders in their guild.

Scrubio
Plays completely opposite professions to his main Teef.

(edited by CrimsonNeonite.1048)

in WvW

Posted by: Parthenos Polias.5683

Parthenos Polias.5683

Nohonor, it is not that tagged servers doesn’t want to recruit, they just can’t.

Let imagine a situation.

There is a nice guild from Na who wants to move to an European server. I say “nice guild” cause everyone know that Ruin is a bad guild, composed of devils from Hell (just a few irony)

So we have our nice guild named “The Nice Guild” (You can acclame me for having find this name )

Then, 2 servers named server A and server B want to recruit “The Nice Guild”.

The nice server A ,cause everyone is nice here, dont say me someone is bad or I will burn you in Hell, thus you will join Ruin and could have a nice tea party.
So i was saying, the nice server A says :
“Come with us ! We have a nice international community ! Everyone speak English ! We are very competitive and we have some cookies !”

The server B as nice as A, no more and no less, says :
“Come with us ! We a nice French community ! Everyone speak French but few speak English ! We are very competitive and we have some snails !”

Even if the “The Nice Guild” is very nice, i guess they will chose server A.
Because they prefer to play with people who speak the same language and don’t want to endure any community barrier or tensions.

Not everything is pink even when you deals with “The Nice Guild”. (Maybe i should have named it The Nice and Pink Guild, dunno )

in WvW

Posted by: Lilith.4829

Lilith.4829

Still looking for additional NA and early morning GMT Russian and oceanic guilds!

Queues on Desolation during EU daytime are generally non-existant or very short. Prime time queues (7-10pm) on 2 borderlands having short queues (around 5-10min) with EB and the third borderland being fairly full.

in WvW

Posted by: CC Dalmarus.8397

CC Dalmarus.8397

Community Coordinator

Alright folks, here’s the scoop -

As you can see, this thread has been gutted because the things being discussed were completely off topic. This thread isn’t for talking about how you hate X guild, why there are no orbs in the game at the moment, who moved to what server, what you think about PvP design, why your dog ate your homework, or how the Carebears were your favorite cartoon Saturday mornings during the 80s (what?).

In other words, please keep to the topic at hand in the original post. Do not be the person that derails the thread again or violates the Code of Conduct in here. If you see someone else do either of these, do not respond! Just click the little black flag on the player’s post and report it so the Community team can investigate.

Thanks for listening and your cooperation all! Enjoy!

in WvW

Posted by: kuora.5402

kuora.5402

But Dalmarus, my…my homework!

T.T

-crys-

¸ . ø ¤ º ° º ¤ ø . ¸ ¸ . ø ¤ º ° º ¤ ø . ¸
[Aia] Amoria- The guild of pleasant love
¸ . ø ¤ º ° º ¤ ø . ¸ ¸ . ø ¤ º ° º ¤ ø . ¸

in WvW

Brunners.7251

I really don’t think we need any more Americans. We seem to do just fine the way we are. We need morning players, not more night ones.

in WvW

MagnusLL.8473

I really don’t think we need any more Americans. We seem to do just fine the way we are. We need morning players, not more night ones.

We are doing fine now during the EU night but the maps are very far from being full. The moment another server emerges with a better night presence we will be back to being nightcapped.

It’s really pretty easy: unless you’ve queues on all 4 maps you’re playing with less than the maximum amount of players. And at the moment we only have queues during EU prime time on Desolation.

I agree than the EU mornings are our weakest spot right now, but we could do with increased coverage on all the other non-prime time slots too.

Also, west coast US is on pacific time i.e. GMT – 8. That means 9 AM CET is their midnight so that would already be a start for covering those mornings.

in WvW

Brunners.7251

We are doing fine now during the EU night but the maps are very far from being full. The moment another server emerges with a better night presence we will be back to being nightcapped.

It’s really pretty easy: unless you’ve queues on all 4 maps you’re playing with less than the maximum amount of players. And at the moment we only have queues during EU prime time on Desolation.

I agree than the EU mornings are our weakest spot right now, but we could do with increased coverage on all the other non-prime time slots too.

Also, west coast US is on pacific time i.e. GMT – 8. That means 9 AM CET is their midnight so that would already be a start for covering those mornings.

We don’t really want massive queues though. I’d hate if I (who’s been on Deso since the headstart) had to start queuing for 2+ hours a night because of Americans.

I don’t mind the 5-15 minute queues we have at EU primetime now, but I’m hesitant to suggest making it so our queues increase is a good thing.

Also, I’ve noticed that when Desolation has queues, we’re normally performing worse in WvW. Whether this is because the queues are stopping the hardcore WvWers getting in or what I don’t know, but I’ve noticed we always seem to do better when there’s little to no queue.

in WvW

Brunners.7251

for anyone having issues viewing the thread, here’s how to fix it.

In the url https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/Project-Desolation-Recruiting-Additional-North-American-and-Russian-Guilds/page/3#post669613

See the 3#post at the end? turn that 3 back into a 1.

The thread is trying to display a page three that doesn’t exist.

in WvW

Posted by: Knasher.5607

Knasher.5607

The thread is trying to display a page three that doesn’t exist.

Yep, I think it happens when a ton of posts are deleted, and therefore a lot in any thread that mentions Desolation recently :P.

Of course the only people who will see the fix are probably the ones who already know about it.

in WvW

Posted by: IKShadow.4582

IKShadow.4582

whats with this topic dont see anything …

FUtilez.com Mature Gaming Guild part of Seafarer’s Rest Community Site

in WvW

Posted by: SneakyErvin.3056

SneakyErvin.3056

On the subject of recruiting more players from NA or even EU I dont think it will work.

While being a good idea for any server I honestly dont think there is room for any larger transfers.

Me and my friend transfered yesterday from FSP. We both tried to transfer on tuesday night around 22.00 CET, I got my transfer off but it bugged, so I had to redo it yesterday afternoon at around 15.00 CET. My friend had tried from 22.00 on tuesday and didnt get a chance until 12.00 something CET yesterday. It was full non-stop.

There might be a small gap between 00.00-06.00 and 15.00-17.00 CET when its just high, but during most other times of the day Deso is indeed full. I’d hate to even think about weekend population and transfer possibilities.

So trying to get a whole guild in might not be very easy. We also dont know how many spots it takes to fill it up from high status.

Let Valkyries guide me to my destiny.

in WvW

Posted by: Genev.2450

Genev.2450

Blacktide organised several guilds logging off at a certain hour when RG was transfering to us. I think we had about 5 guilds log off for15 mins ish.
If you coordinate well, and really want specific people on your server, that might be an idea

in WvW

MagnusLL.8473

Back on topic again, this is how it looks on a Saturday morning on Desolation:

situation at 10 AM (CET time = GMT +1):

http://s17.postimage.org/xxai5suun/gw742.jpg

situation at 12:46 PM:

http://s11.postimage.org/5j33hzhs3/gw773.jpg
http://s14.postimage.org/eay5a1og1/gw772.jpg

I extend again my invitation to all players living in GMT +/- 9-14 zones [yes, there’s actually a country with part of it on GMT +14, it’s Kiribati] to come and have a look at Desolation. What do you get out of it? Well:

• you get to fight on a server who fought his way back to the T1 bracket, with good organization, several hardcore WvW guilds, and a “never surrender” attitude
  • your contribution will be massive as your prime time will cover our weakest spot. And as you can see from the score, you will find plenty of opponents to fight…
  • all of this in a situation with ZERO QUEUES. You can easily see from the screenshots above we completely lack any presence in at least 2 out of 4 maps, and that’s over a 3-hour time span on a Saturday. Week days are even worse.

So if you’re looking for good, hard fights on a server which can support you when you’re not here, while still being able to easily join the WvW maps in your prime time… Desolation is the place to go