Proof of Heroics Changed for the Worse

in WvW

Posted by: Nova Stiker.8396

Nova Stiker.8396

You can no longer use them on your alternative characters to get them hero points.

Why change that?! I actually loved maxing my alts elite specs by playing my favorite classes in WvW, way to ruin the charm ArenaNet. Less WvW, more grinding hero points in the Maguuma Jungle.

in WvW

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

Truly stupid and sad change indeed. Luckily I have used proof heroics to 3 of main characters full masteries and guardian is 90%+ full.

This least needs more soul bound stuff. My expanded bank + bags are already full of this. This game needs easier way to play alts, not discourage playing your alts.

One important notice: experience points are still utterly useless in WvWvW. You cannot use them to unlock any masteries. Thus I have just 6 masteries so far, because I don’t enjoy pve much and I haven’t completed any of the new pve maps. I wish I could use my WvWvW earned experience for either Tyria or HoT masteries (designated by players or give some jugs of liquid exp).

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

in WvW

Posted by: Gaab.4257

Gaab.4257

I’m a bit speechless. Why on earth was this necessary? How can someone come up with such an idea on what’s the most important and urgent to fix in WvW? Did REALLY someone think this is a positive change?

in WvW

Posted by: chronometria.3708

chronometria.3708

All that effort to put these in and we will simply throw them away.

in WvW

Nova Stiker.8396

I’m a bit speechless. Why on earth was this necessary? How can someone come up with such an idea on what’s the most important and urgent to fix in WvW? Did REALLY someone think this is a positive change?

My only guess would be that people could use Notarized Scroll of Heroics to gain experience and level a character. Is that possible? I don’t know, I have all level 80’s.

Then again, a much easier fix would be to restrict the Notarized Scroll of Heroics to have a level requirement of 80.

Other than that, this change is baffling, I barely WvW to begin with and this change makes it so I have no reason to go back.

in WvW

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

Awful change ….. Another reason not to play WvW :-(.

in WvW

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

A while back when Anet said they were going to make them soulbound I told them it was a really stupid idea, but they’ve finally done it and gone ahead with it anyway >_<

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor

in WvW

Posted by: Turamarth.3248

Turamarth.3248

The chest, containing Proofs, being account bound is a bug. Earning specializations (skills and traits) is intended to be character progression. Ex: If you want to fully train up your warrior, you actually need to play your warrior for some amount of time. I say some amount of time since Tomes of Knowledge have allowed players to bypass a lot of existing character progression.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Notarized-Scroll-Frustration/first#post5679528

Brandar – Kodash [DE]
[SPQR]

in WvW

Posted by: skeeman.3140

skeeman.3140

So, you’re saying that PvE players should be able to complete the same hero challenges over and over again on one character and tell it to unlock the elite specializations on their other characters? Because that’s the equivalent of allowing you to play one character in WvW and unlock all of the hero challenges/elite specs for all of your alts without actually earning them as that character.

in WvW

Posted by: PariahX.6970

PariahX.6970

thankfully the change isn’t retro-active if you happen to have a pile of chests in your vault those are still account bound so far. Still a very stupid “fix” that will actually cause me to quit WvW on specialized toons (need more things to buy with them besides superior siege) and where the rest are alts not yet geared for real WvW I guess I’ll be in EotM farming which is not optimal for my level enjoyment or the health of WvW. >.<

~Xylla~ [oG] on Ehmry Bay [PiXi]
Xyleia Luxuria / Sweet Little Agony / Morning Glory Wine / Precious Illusionz /
Near Fanstastica /Ocean at the End / Blue Eyed Hexe / Andro Queen / Indie Cindee . . .

in WvW

Posted by: Infusion.7149

Infusion.7149

So, you’re saying that PvE players should be able to complete the same hero challenges over and over again on one character and tell it to unlock the elite specializations on their other characters? Because that’s the equivalent of allowing you to play one character in WvW and unlock all of the hero challenges/elite specs for all of your alts without actually earning them as that character.

Your point is moot when you can level a character to 80 with Tomes of Knowledge and going to PvP is insta level 80 with fully unlocked skills even on a level 3 character.

Desolation (EU) → Yak’s Bend (US)
In your backline: Elementalist+Mesmer+Necromancer

in WvW

Posted by: gavyne.6847

gavyne.6847

Unnecessary change. Anet, understand WvW have queues. Sometimes players are forced to stay on a character to avoid sitting in queues for 30 minutes. I would hate to feel my time is wasted playing a character that can’t benefit from ranking up.

WvW needs to be more rewarding, not less. Please revert the changes, and allow stacking of the chests with the account-bound setup.

in WvW

Nova Stiker.8396

Your point is moot when you can level a character to 80 with Tomes of Knowledge and going to PvP is insta level 80 with fully unlocked skills even on a level 3 character.

Agreed. I have 5 classes that I leveled to 80 before I even left the tutorial area.

in WvW

Posted by: JanNier Kryn Yaren.7968

JanNier Kryn Yaren.7968

This is utter and foolish garbage, whats’ the point of heroics soulbouded to characters that have full map completions? I don’t play WvW with every class.

in WvW

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

sPvP does that, and I see no problem with it.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

in WvW

Posted by: BrickFurious.7169

BrickFurious.7169

This is utter and foolish garbage, whats’ the point of heroics soulbouded to characters that have full map completions? I don’t play WvW with every class.

You can spend proofs of heroics on superior siege, and always have been able to.

in WvW

Posted by: emendez.3705

emendez.3705

mighty brave of anet to implement something like this given the current state of wvw. even if it was a bug (more like oversight) that boxes were account bound. First they released them account bound which people said that wasn’t enough now they lock it on characters? lol
how about yu fix wvw chest dailies that dont stack and when you open instantly give yu wxp bonus which forces you if you want to make room in inventory to stay in wvw …

in WvW

Posted by: MaximillianVonSchatten.6278

MaximillianVonSchatten.6278

You can no longer use them on your alternative characters to get them hero points.

Why change that?! I actually loved maxing my alts elite specs by playing my favorite classes in WvW, way to ruin the charm ArenaNet. Less WvW, more grinding hero points in the Maguuma Jungle.

No! Having fun is not allowed! Grinding only!

in WvW

Posted by: forever.6908

forever.6908

This is really really stupid. Anet should reverse this change.

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

It really depends on how much they increased the heroics by. Because before they weren’t even useful as account bound because there was too little.

And you can always buy superior siege with it.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

in WvW

Nova Stiker.8396

It really depends on how much they increased the heroics by. Because before they weren’t even useful as account bound because there was too little.

And you can always buy superior siege with it.

It’s equal to getting 2 bonus chests, which is really nice! Easily get 6-8 per chest.

What isn’t nice is that I have to grind the Maguuma Jungle hero points for the 7th kitten time!

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Anet you are absolutely kittening idiots, there is no other way to put this after the feedback you have had on this issue.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: psizone.8437

psizone.8437

It’s equal to getting 2 bonus chests, which is really nice! Easily get 6-8 per chest.

What isn’t nice is that I have to grind the Maguuma Jungle hero points for the 7th kitten time!

So little? Man that’s stupid. So I can get 3-4 times as many from doing Maguuma HPs than I could in the equivalent time I’d be spending karma training? (not to mention regular WvW play)

Having soul bound rewards from an account bound reward system is utterly nonsense.

Brotherhood of Blub [blub]

in WvW

Posted by: mist.9807

mist.9807

Guys, stop calling this a “change.” It wasn’t a change – it was a fix. They stated from the beginning that being able to do this was a bug, and that it was going to be fixed. I honestly think they should have kept it how it was, but I can understand their reasoning. If you do PvE for your points, you need to be on that character. Now if you’re doing WvW to get your points, you still need to be on that character. Is it convenient? No. But it makes sense.

Besides, did you guys really think that they’d do something nice for WvW? Ha. Ha ha ha.

in WvW

Nova Stiker.8396

Seriously, why isn’t there a person at ArenaNet whose job is to like… Prevent this? Like, is there no Economy Motivator developer position? No ones job to encourage players to play all over the game?

(edited by Nova Stiker.8396)

in WvW

Posted by: psizone.8437

psizone.8437

Guys, stop calling this a “change.” It wasn’t a change – it was a fix.
Besides, did you guys really think that they’d do something nice for WvW? Ha. Ha ha ha.

A fix implies a positive change, it would feel disgusting calling this step backwards a fix.

Totally agree on your last point though, here’s hoping their new WvW content they’re working on is good – hard to gets my hopes up for it with changes like this happening.

Brotherhood of Blub [blub]

in WvW

Posted by: eridani.4158

eridani.4158

Remember ANet, there is a limit to how much straw a camel can carry on its back.

I really wish for that "major WvW overhaul" to be something we (those of us who actually play WvW) asked for.

in WvW

Posted by: Joshhh.2076

Joshhh.2076

Having soul bound rewards from an account bound reward system is utterly nonsense.

This.

Gandaran.

in WvW

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

Can we just please remove these thingies? I don’t need them anymore – I usually only play one character, so he’s my main in wvw, pve (and pvp). So naturally he will have all hero points unlocked eventually but has got a stack of proofs of heroics for which he has no use for (no, I won’t buy siege with it).

in WvW

Posted by: elkirin.8534

elkirin.8534

This is NOT comparable to a PvE character gaining a HP for that character alone.

This is comparable to a character or player having to decide to work AGAINST the best interests of his guild/team/server to selfishly be on a certain character at the moment that the account wide earned rank flips over.

IMHO, This is a case of rewarding selfish acts and punishing teamwork.

Dubain – Sea of Whoever we are Linked to now

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

Previously the chests were acct bound, but the proofs were soulbound. However, you could earn proofs (open the chests) on multiple characters and redeem on a character that didn’t earn(open) them. Example: char a earns 4 proofs – char b earns 8 proofs – char c could buy a 10 pt scroll even though no 1 character earned 10 proofs. Note your bank would of course have 2 mini stacks of proofs….

Has this changed as well? (Can’t test until tomorrow myself)

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

in WvW

Posted by: Draygo.9473

Draygo.9473

Its hard to force anet to listen, Proofs were a slow way to gain hero points as is. It was much faster to run around HoT and pick up points 10 at a time than it is to gain wvw ranks.

I am boycotting WvW until this change is either reverted, or proofs of heroics are changed to account bound.

I am tired of this. Too tired.

You cannot spend proofs from your bank for alts anymore.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

in WvW

Posted by: emendez.3705

emendez.3705

I have a chronomancer that is 25% unlocked >.> i love to play different characters depending on my mood and what i want to do in wvw but this elite lock out has kept me on my scrapper since launch slowing unlocking my rev/chronomancer i only roam sometimes zerg its grueling grind fest. I know pve is much faster but I just cant bring myself to do pve
and i still havent started on my reaper/tempest/dragonhunter..

in WvW

Posted by: Starfall.6425

Starfall.6425

Previously the chests were acct bound, but the proofs were soulbound. However, you could earn proofs (open the chests) on multiple characters and redeem on a character that didn’t earn(open) them. Example: char a earns 4 proofs – char b earns 8 proofs – char c could buy a 10 pt scroll even though no 1 character earned 10 proofs. Note your bank would of course have 2 mini stacks of proofs….

Has this changed as well? (Can’t test until tomorrow myself)

They fixed this ‘exploit’ too, as mentioned in the patchnotes. There is now absolutely no way to transfer any chest or items from it to another character.

[DP] – Diamond Pirates
[AM] – Abaddon’s Mouth

in WvW

Posted by: mist.9807

mist.9807

This is NOT comparable to a PvE character gaining a HP for that character alone.

This is comparable to a character or player having to decide to work AGAINST the best interests of his guild/team/server to selfishly be on a certain character at the moment that the account wide earned rank flips over.

Your “honest opinion” ignores quite a few things.
1. Not everyone runs in groups, let alone guilds.
2. All classes can be useful somewhere – even in groups.
3. Many pug groups don’t actually care about composition unless it’s base is a guild (which isn’t always the case.)
4. You’re completely ignoring the fact that you can earn these proofs in EOTM.

If you only ever have time to go into WvW and run with a dedicated guild group that runs a specific comp – I feel for you. But not a whole lot of guilds are so strict or ridged that they can’t have use of you running on another class.

I liked they way proofs worked before the patch, but please find better arguments against it.

in WvW

Posted by: Draygo.9473

Draygo.9473

Like, WvW should be account bound progression, it was that way before HoT, it should stay that way. Proofs were not anywhere close to an efficient way to earn points, but it meant that you were not wasting your time logging onto characters that were fully unlocked, you could use that time to unlock traits for your alts, slowly..

It was slow, it still is slow, there was no reason to make this change. It should have been made the other way, from soulbound to account bound.

All this shows to me is that Anet was not reading this forum, and does not consider input from its community.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

in WvW

Posted by: Malernasam.4327

Malernasam.4327

It’s as if devs at Anet believed someone would make a character, level it, spend money gearing it, and then…what? Spite them with its existence? No, people make characters and level them and gear them (and now, unlock their traits) to play them, to play them without restrictions, as they wish, where they wish. Why does the “how” even matter to you? AND, again, what is the point of giving Proofs of Heroics to characters that are fully unlocked? So they buy superior siege?

in WvW

Posted by: AmberUK.5380

AmberUK.5380

OK I know this is not along the line of what you can do with them but I think the amounts are way out.
1 for a soloable HP in tyria (but you have to travel a lot)
10 for HP in new area – can do alone – takes a while or easier in a group but does not need 10 (though some of the harder ones may)
9 for getting a WvW level – maybe in EotM this is easy or if your a zerg but if you are not it takes time like everything non zerg in WvW

We Asura are just the best
UW WvW player – TooT !

in WvW

Posted by: Kaiser.9873

Kaiser.9873

Remember ANet, there is a limit to how much straw a camel can carry on its back.

I really wish for that “major WvW overhaul” to be something we (those of us who actually play WvW) asked for.

I don’t think it will be though. I think it’s going to be a watershed moment when they megaserver WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: elkirin.8534

elkirin.8534

Your “honest opinion” ignores quite a few things.
1. Not everyone runs in groups, let alone guilds.
2. All classes can be useful somewhere – even in groups.
3. Many pug groups don’t actually care about composition unless it’s base is a guild (which isn’t always the case.)
4. You’re completely ignoring the fact that you can earn these proofs in EOTM.

If you only ever have time to go into WvW and run with a dedicated guild group that runs a specific comp – I feel for you. But not a whole lot of guilds are so strict or ridged that they can’t have use of you running on another class.

I liked they way proofs worked before the patch, but please find better arguments against it.

Thank you for saying " you are right some of the time but have forgotten these other times"

I appreciate you confirming my opinion but had not forgotten not all are in groups, i had simply said " this is bad for those in guild groups" etc

I beleive ,The changes do not affect those who run whatever they want at any given time, or not a great deal anyway so i had not mentioned them specifically

Please read your own posts, and take note of what opinions are and then state your own if you wish. Thanks for the support though, it is good to see someone agreeing with me.

The last line of your post is a statement of opinion and I support your right to it.

Dubain – Sea of Whoever we are Linked to now

(edited by elkirin.8534)