Proof of Heroics: Soulbound, really?

in WvW

Posted by: GreyMouser.1235

GreyMouser.1235

So I’ve been off for a while due to the holiday season and the ramp-up to it, and now I find that the 200+ Proof of Heroics I’ve been acquiring in wvwvw are now not spendable from the bank? My wvw character is maxed out, and I was debating on which character to spend them on when I had to go away. Now I find that the hours I spent grinding in wvw are completely wasted for my other characters.

Tell me again why I’m wasting my time on this game? Every change results in another waste of time. First you steal hundreds of hours of playtime away from me in the form of changing excess hero points (over 400 on my main) into useless shards and give me half of my elite specialization, but you again steal hours of playtime by restricting my Proof of Heroics to the point of not being able to spend them from the bank?

Seriously, why am I playing this game any more?

[SOF]
Servants of Fortuna
Yak’s Bend

in WvW

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

I believe they said they want you to earn your new elite specs and stuff by actually playing those characters.

To be honest it isn’t that bad grabbing elite specs, managed to get herald under the HoT launch system by running through all the Tyria maps just doing skill points and grabbing a few WPs. Just need swiftness and maybe a friend who knows the maps well.

Also they didn’t change hero points to shards. They changed skill points to hero points up to the 219(?) and any excess were made into spirit shards which function in pretty much the exact same way for 99.9% of uses.

(edited by apharma.3741)

in WvW

Posted by: GreyMouser.1235

GreyMouser.1235

I believe they said they want you to earn your new elite specs and stuff by actually playing those characters.

To be honest it isn’t that bad grabbing elite specs, managed to get herald under the HoT launch system by running through all the Tyria maps just doing skill points and grabbing a few WPs. Just need swiftness and maybe a friend who knows the maps well.

Also they didn’t change hero points to shards. They changed skill points to hero points up to the 219(?) and any excess were made into spirit shards which function in pretty much the exact same way for 99.9% of uses.

You realize you’re being pedantic, right? The point is that Arenanet has STOLEN a ton of gametime from thousands of players, simply because they didn’t want people who have been here since launch to have a leg-up on people just starting out. First, they STOLE 200 points from each of my characters by converting skillpoints into shards, which aren’t convertible back into skillpoints. Instead, I have to grind hours to get those hero points back. I ALREADY EARNED THOSE POINTS. OVER A YEAR AGO.

Secondly, they’ve now STOLEN yet more time by making an unannounced change that stopped me from spending my hard-earned Proof of Heroics on whatever I choose to.

This game was founded on the “Play the way you want” principle. Now it’s “Play the way we want you to play, or we’ll take things from you, and you can either take it, or kitten off.”

Okay, Arenanet. Message heard loud and clear. I’m kittening off.

[SOF]
Servants of Fortuna
Yak’s Bend

in WvW

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

So I’ve been off for a while due to the holiday season and the ramp-up to it, and now I find that the 200+ Proof of Heroics I’ve been acquiring in wvwvw are now not spendable from the bank? My wvw character is maxed out, and I was debating on which character to spend them on when I had to go away. Now I find that the hours I spent grinding in wvw are completely wasted for my other characters.

Tell me again why I’m wasting my time on this game? Every change results in another waste of time. First you steal hundreds of hours of playtime away from me in the form of changing excess hero points (over 400 on my main) into useless shards and give me half of my elite specialization, but you again steal hours of playtime by restricting my Proof of Heroics to the point of not being able to spend them from the bank?

Seriously, why am I playing this game any more?

Anet, like most MMOs, lies to get people to play by saying things like Play Your Way but what they really mean is; Play Our Way And Pretend We Don’t Lie While We Take Your Cash And Valuable Time.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

in WvW

apharma.3741

You realize you’re being pedantic, right? The point is that Arenanet has STOLEN a ton of gametime from thousands of players, simply because they didn’t want people who have been here since launch to have a leg-up on people just starting out. First, they STOLE 200 points from each of my characters by converting skillpoints into shards, which aren’t convertible back into skillpoints. Instead, I have to grind hours to get those hero points back. I ALREADY EARNED THOSE POINTS. OVER A YEAR AGO.

Secondly, they’ve now STOLEN yet more time by making an unannounced change that stopped me from spending my hard-earned Proof of Heroics on whatever I choose to.

This game was founded on the “Play the way you want” principle. Now it’s “Play the way we want you to play, or we’ll take things from you, and you can either take it, or kitten off.”

I’m not being pedantic, skill points were character based and once you were at 80 had pretty much no use except for what spirit shards are now. They didn’t steal a thing from you, they converted it all to what you were using it for pre spec patch. Additionally if you had done all the hero challenges in Tyria you already had 219 hero points or however many they were in the bank ready to start the new HoT content.

They never intended proofs of heroics to be account bound, they want you to play the class and earn them on that class to unlock the elite specs. Don’t like it? Well good thing they reduced how many HoT hero points you need for it based on player feedback and made grabbing an entire elite spec take maybe 30 mins to an hour depending on how much you have from Tyria.

in WvW

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

i actually grinded the elite specs in pve as they are faster to acquire than in wvw which is hilarious as in wvw having an elite spec or not really matters….gg anet

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

I’m not being pedantic, skill points were character based and once you were at 80 had pretty much no use except for what spirit shards are now.

Scrolls and tomes of knowledge weren’t which is exactly what the proofs are – if they are really character bound, I want my characters to have a slot like skill points used to have so I don’t have to use my inventory/bank space.

And wvw players who are serious are the best players in this game. They don’t need to train classes, they know how to play. But for some reason no one ever gets it – well technically we’re all PvE players, right?

in WvW

apharma.3741

I’m not being pedantic, skill points were character based and once you were at 80 had pretty much no use except for what spirit shards are now.

Scrolls and tomes of knowledge weren’t which is exactly what the proofs are – if they are really character bound, I want my characters to have a slot like skill points used to have so I don’t have to use my inventory/bank space.

And wvw players who are serious are the best players in this game. They don’t need to train classes, they know how to play. But for some reason no one ever gets it – well technically we’re all PvE players, right?

Fair point about the scrolls. I still don’t really think it’s that bad grabbing the hero points you need to fully unlock the elite specs and going 1-80 will fully unlock your core specs and skills which you have tomes of knowledge for.

I have a friend who’s of your mindset who will run a mile from an NPC in fear of catching the disease of PvE, I’ll run through the hero points with him and see how long it takes and his feedback.

P.S. I’m only joking about the fear of PvE before someone starts on that.

in WvW

Posted by: Odokuro.5049

Odokuro.5049

They are, Proofs for THAT character being heroic, not, “Hey lets find a loophole in the system, and give a new character enough HP to unlock everything at level 2, Proofs.”

Seriously, if you enjoy WvW, it shouldn’t feel like a grind.

The Self-Proclaimed Pervy Sage of Yaks Bend.
https://www.twitch.tv/amazinphelix

in WvW

Posted by: Bury Your Deadgreen.2368

Bury Your Deadgreen.2368

Yeah… This made me angry a bit as well.. As someone who has probably a total of 9% map completion across 9 characters… I was a bit disappointed with this “bug fix”. Luckily I got 8 of them done before the change happened and now I’m just left with the one character I never touch… (My teef) Which I guess I will run in EoTM and spam 1 from the back of the zerg on my shortbow.

Soon…..

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

The chests were account bound but the items inside the chest weren’t, that was clearly an oversight on their part and pretty much everyone knew it. The way they fixed the issue was to make it MUCH faster to earn Elite specs playing the class that has the elite. They also made superior siege purchasable via those extra hero points so they aren’t completely wasted.

I have been a pretty vocal critic of ANet the last year or so but this isn’t a real problem IMO.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Well if anet really wants us to play the class we want to spec/gear, why are tomes of knowledge around? You can completely ignore the whole vanilla game by using these. At least give these proofs a bit more things to spend em on. I know you can buy superior siege but hey buy some normal siege and books throw them in MF and you wont need proofs.

Just another useless currency.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Posted by: Teevell.1684

Teevell.1684

Well if anet really wants us to play the class we want to spec/gear, why are tomes of knowledge around? You can completely ignore the whole vanilla game by using these. At least give these proofs a bit more things to spend em on. I know you can buy superior siege but hey buy some normal siege and books throw them in MF and you wont need proofs.

For the same reason other MMOs sell level ups/level-grinding gear. Because when your game has been around for 3+ years, the veteran players aren’t going to want to level-grind yet another toon to 80. The tomes are for the vets who already know the basics of the game, and just want to create a new character/class.

Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: KayCee.4653

KayCee.4653

For the same reason other MMOs sell level ups/level-grinding gear. Because when your game has been around for 3+ years, the veteran players aren’t going to want to level-grind yet another toon to 80. The tomes are for the vets who already know the basics of the game, and just want to create a new character/class.

Yeah like a “Start at ** level” scroll thing for new players or those that buy ‘x’ item. ANet, I guess didn’t want to do that, but In many ways they kinda did that still. Which can be said by going into PvP where a level 2 can be technically a level 80 there, or by forcing people to find ways to level up fast to get into HoT maps to get enough hero points to start on if not finish their elite specs, or force them into WvW to get it entirely.

in WvW

Posted by: Spurnshadow.3678

Spurnshadow.3678

This is pretty uncalled for.

You basically gain 2 notches every 3 WXP levels. That’s pretty fast. Not only that, you get to unlock mastery points along the way. If you maxed out your elite spec, then just turn them in for siege and use them, or sell it on the TP for gold.

Anet already reduced the points needed by half. Not only that, they basically doubled the tokens that drop from the level up chests. They really oiled and greased the squeaky wheels on this subject.

Blackgate Native. It takes tremendous strength and skill to pull a lever.

in WvW

Posted by: Marxx.5748

Marxx.5748

I read this as “Screw you Anet, I planned to use a bug, and you patched it while I was away for a while!”

The proofs themselves were soulbound.

btw your skillpoints were not stolen. For every skillpoint you did in the old world, you were given 1. No need to re-earn any of those. So veteran players maintained the exact leg up you requested. What you lost were skill points that were earned via exp… they became shards to be used in the exact manner that skill points were used before.

Who’s being pedantic now?

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

As I’ve said before, Hero Challenges are not analogous to Notaries. Wxp is account bound, and it makes no sense to fit it in a soulbound system.

You could play 95% of a level on a character, and 5% on another character of which the chest is acquired through rank up, thus defeating the purpose of “playing a character to progress them”

Furthermore, WvW isn’t really the place to walk around willy nilly trying to “progress” a character the same way uplevels don’t have a good time either, though not as severe. But basically, outside of EOTM, progression isn’t exactly a priority in WvW, nor is it really supported much either. This is because World vs World is about a war between people from different servers, as opposed to the cooperative nature of Open World PvE which is meant to grow your character and teach you how the mechanics work.

Frankly, given the random nature of the heroics, I just hope people realize what a low priority people who are aiming for these things care about individual character exploration and progression. When you explore the world in PvE, you’re not just getting hero points in a vacuum. Map compleition is an inevitable effect of doing it, and comes with its own set of rewards per character that go beyond hero points, which is why it makes sense to make map completion per character.

Finally, hero points in PvE become progressively easier to get thanks to the existence of masteries. WvW masteries do not help anywhere near that same extent, excluding the now-defunct guard stacks.

Personally, I am unlocking things at a decent rate, but I think it really wouldn’t hurt to have them account bound— even if they were, running down to VB would still be speedier IMO. Though I do think a part of the issue is the perception that the elite specs are superior to the baseline ones, thanks to the extremely wonky class design atm that makes the issue much worse than it should be and increasing the frustration of any given grind. Essentially, people are pressured to feel that they need certain things or they’ll be a liability to their team, whereas in PvE nobody really cares about that unless it’s a fractal or a raid.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

in WvW

Posted by: Virtute.8251

Virtute.8251

They’re going for the “convince me that I achieved something” dollar. That’s a really strong market these days. Very smart of them.

nod nod nod

Legendary PvF Keep Lord Anvu Pansu Senpai
RvR isn’t “endgame”, it’s the only game. Cu in CU.

in WvW

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

its entirely ridiculous to use the word “steal”. stku.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in WvW

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

They are, Proofs for THAT character being heroic, not, “Hey lets find a loophole in the system, and give a new character enough HP to unlock everything at level 2, Proofs.”

Then let’s remove tomes and craft leveling and make it all heroic

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

in WvW

Posted by: Grim West.3194

Grim West.3194

The Devs have gone out of their way to destroy WvW. They don’t like the mode, don’t play it and are totally clueless about how to fix it.

So they have made sure that everybody who ever played WvW has had all of their hard work stolen and trivialized. Look at all the work they screwed us on for guild halls, what s crock.

Basically the Devs told all of us to “PLAY PVE OR GTFO”.

They can all go to the depths of hell as far as I’m concerned. I don’t really care what they do at this point, they will never have my respect again.

in WvW

Posted by: YaYa.5879

YaYa.5879

HAHAHAHAHAHA Heart of grind.
The problem is that playong a character to earn the new elite would be a good idea if the experience was fun. Like if we had a story, some Lore about the aquisition of such faculties. For exemple seeing braham beeking up his mothers bow and becoming a dragonhunter, and you have to do quests with him.
BUT NO. It is a grind of HP that you have to do over and over again for evey characters…

So “playing a character to earn the specs” is useless for the simple reason that no matter what your class, you are gonna commute the same points, wait 15 minutes in front of a champion the same way. Earning proof of heroism stuff is a way to lvl up without the mindless grind…

I thought i was gonna do some WvW and earn enough points to get my 8th charachter’s elite (Yeah… i had to do the HP thing 7 time… don’t worry netflix was here for me).
But now i discover that they are soulbound… And the characters whose eroic proof are soulbount are already maxed out…

i wana say that this is another example of kitening up a great idea (elite specs) with poor execution (the boaring countless hours of grind). But hey what’re you gonna do…

PS: you are probably gonna get banned for the title

in WvW

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

Like Grim Said…. “PvE or GTFO”

That toddler logic.

If I build it, you play with it.
If you have fun with it, I take it back and it’s mine.
If I hide it, it doesn’t exist.
If you tell me what to do, I’ll do the opposite.
And when it’s broken, you can have it.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

in WvW

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

Doesn’t bother me.

The problem isn’t the soul binding Proofs because as Straegen has said, it was an oversight.

The problem is the extremely low income of Badges Of Honor. For those of us who actually spend our Badges on a regular basis like myself, I’m getting way, way more Proofs than I am Badges… I currently have 4 stacks of Proofs, working on a 5th… And less than 500 Badges… I do a lot of WvW. I kill plenty of players and capture plenty of objectives. I shouldn’t be this low on Badges and neither should anyone else who spends them more than once in a blue moon.

I know there are plenty of players who have thousands of Badges at their disposal but those aren’t players that are regularly buying blueprints or Supply/Stealth traps or Siege Disablers. I don’t expect to be getting 50 badges per player kill or something, it’d be unreasonable to be able to afford everything I need with complete ease. But as is, the income is just way too kitten low.

5 – 10 Badges should be a player kill. 20 – 30 for a capture. 50 – 75 for daily chests. 10 – 15 for objective defense.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

(edited by SpellOfIniquity.1780)

in WvW

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

I know there are plenty of players who have thousands of Badges at their disposal but those aren’t players that are regularly buying blueprints or Supply/Stealth traps or Siege Disablers. I don’t expect to be getting 50 badges per player kill or something, it’d be unreasonable to be able to afford everything I need with complete ease. But as is, the income is just way too kitten low.

5 – 10 Badges should be a player kill. 20 – 30 for a capture. 50 – 75 for daily chests. 10 – 15 for objective defense.

You have a point, especially since the Badges made place for proofs of heroics and superior siege bought with them costs more badges than if done in the MF.

But, once upon a time when wvw still made sense I killed 500 on my thief (before June) on a regular weekend day when running with the zerg (after June before Hot 100 in an hour on my warrior). While capping ~20 towers, 10 keeps (mainly SM) and ranking up 10 ranks and lets say defended 40 objectives.
(500*7 = 3500) + (30*25 = 750) + (10*60 = 600) + (40*12 = 480) = 5330 badges per day
Sounds legit. A bit less would be fine though.

in WvW

Posted by: Shukriyya.7629

Shukriyya.7629

As I’ve said before, Hero Challenges are not analogous to Notaries. Wxp is account bound, and it makes no sense to fit it in a soulbound system.

You could play 95% of a level on a character, and 5% on another character of which the chest is acquired through rank up, thus defeating the purpose of “playing a character to progress them”

Furthermore, WvW isn’t really the place to walk around willy nilly trying to “progress” a character the same way uplevels don’t have a good time either, though not as severe. But basically, outside of EOTM, progression isn’t exactly a priority in WvW, nor is it really supported much either. This is because World vs World is about a war between people from different servers, as opposed to the cooperative nature of Open World PvE which is meant to grow your character and teach you how the mechanics work.

Frankly, given the random nature of the heroics, I just hope people realize what a low priority people who are aiming for these things care about individual character exploration and progression. When you explore the world in PvE, you’re not just getting hero points in a vacuum. Map compleition is an inevitable effect of doing it, and comes with its own set of rewards per character that go beyond hero points, which is why it makes sense to make map completion per character.

Finally, hero points in PvE become progressively easier to get thanks to the existence of masteries. WvW masteries do not help anywhere near that same extent, excluding the now-defunct guard stacks.

Personally, I am unlocking things at a decent rate, but I think it really wouldn’t hurt to have them account bound— even if they were, running down to VB would still be speedier IMO. Though I do think a part of the issue is the perception that the elite specs are superior to the baseline ones, thanks to the extremely wonky class design atm that makes the issue much worse than it should be and increasing the frustration of any given grind. Essentially, people are pressured to feel that they need certain things or they’ll be a liability to their team, whereas in PvE nobody really cares about that unless it’s a fractal or a raid.

Well said!

The proof of heroics bug fix was the one bug fix we didn’t need.

RoF

in WvW

Posted by: Bandini.6185

Bandini.6185

They are, Proofs for THAT character being heroic

No, they are just proof for THAT character earning the last wexp of the bar.

And sometimes, that can be pretty silly : imagine you are working on elites for a character you do play. You’re almost at the end of the wexp bar, but didn’t notice it. You reroll with an alt you never play and go to your keep to fetch something at your personnal bank. Suddenly, the keep is attacked, you participate in defending it, and poof ! get the last wexp of the bar, and thus proofs on this alt you never play, instead of the one who gained 99% of the bar and needs the proofs.

Silly isn’kitten
Unfortunately, it keeps on happening to me.

Anet shouldn’t use an account-bound system (WExp) to give character-bound rewards (proofs of heroism).

(edited by Bandini.6185)

in WvW

Posted by: Odokuro.5049

Odokuro.5049

I think that they should make them, Soul-bound like they did to Proofs, that way PvE players would be on the same field as WvW players, but then, we need to be able to use those tomes as a currency, because I know people that have stacks of them…

The Self-Proclaimed Pervy Sage of Yaks Bend.
https://www.twitch.tv/amazinphelix

in WvW

Posted by: alain.1659

alain.1659

I love when people blindly defend anet because they have already suffered and solved the problem. Op is right, some changes should not be done without the permission of the customer. But these forums have 3 golden shields for anet;

-Ones who ridicule and change the topic either into a gigglefest or figthing pit.

-Ones who do not care about system if they are already auffered and done, or gaining advantage.

- And as the last there are ones who try to satisfy their egos by attacking everyone on sight with their unfathomable knowledge.

Op is right. He gained all those points by himself. Without asking, they have been taken from him. Personally I do not think that makes a big difference in this grindfest. But he is right and should be supported. Not having attacked.

in WvW

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

I think that they should make them, Soul-bound like they did to Proofs, that way PvE players would be on the same field as WvW players, but then, we need to be able to use those tomes as a currency, because I know people that have stacks of them…

isn’t it just amazing how they pidgin hole wvw players but give pvers everything? it’s great right?

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

in WvW

Posted by: illenos.5134

illenos.5134

Isn’t it just amazing how a post with “Screw you, Anet” within the title can exist unchanged for over one day? They aren’t even reading the posts on the WvW forum. xD

Awwdorable – roaming princess, awesome qq’er,
incredible flamer, part-time forum warrior, salty as
kitten!

in WvW

Posted by: Kanebrake.6192

Kanebrake.6192

Isn’t it just amazing how a post with “Screw you, Anet” within the title can exist unchanged for over one day? They aren’t even reading the posts on the WvW forum. xD

Past couple of weeks have been holidays for most people. I’m guessing that starting this next week we’ll see a lot of infractions given out, posts removed, etc. Essentially it will be back to the status quo.

BG

in WvW

Posted by: illenos.5134

illenos.5134

Past couple of weeks have been holidays for most people. I’m guessing that starting this next week we’ll see a lot of infractions given out, posts removed, etc. Essentially it will be back to the status quo.

Holidays or not: it is sad if there is not a single mod or anyone to check the forums during holidays.

BTT the whole proof of heroics stuff kittens kittens but I’ve learned how to get my specializations within 1 hour of PvE “grinding”. I understand that players are upset about this.

BTW really? I have to “kitten” my own posts? Auto correct kitten has failed! I think even kittens need some days of holiday. :’D

Awwdorable – roaming princess, awesome qq’er,
incredible flamer, part-time forum warrior, salty as
kitten!

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

isn’t it just amazing how they pidgin hole wvw players but give pvers everything? it’s great right?

Yes I’m laughing about it. No mods around at all obviously.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: RedBaron.6058

RedBaron.6058

Mods are enjoying holydays.

“Blackadder: If you want something done properly, kill Baldrick before you start.”

in WvW

Posted by: Fellfoot.8156

Fellfoot.8156

Just… wow, can’t believe this thread is still open… and I hope you don’t get banned for the title. It did make me chuckle a bit. LOL @ illenos

[AIR] Henge of Denravi aka Pink Abu, [BAMA] RollTide
chopping wood one day, dropped a piece,
all I could say was, “…fell…foot…”

in WvW

Posted by: Sadrien.3470

Sadrien.3470

Needs to be changed… it is annoying having to pve for my WvW stuff already… now I have to do new content for heropoints also.

Have fun. Be Alive. K Thnx Bye.

in WvW

Sadrien.3470

No, playing kitten by lack of the spec you want to play is most certainly grind, especially to an avid WvW player. You obviously do not play WvW as a competitive pvp system.

in WvW

apharma.3741

Grind? Ha. I made a brand new revenant and got its elite spec in 2 hours at the dead time of EU. Would have been quicker if I’d have had friends around to get champion hero points instead of waiting around.

A group of say 5-10 should easily be able to unlock an elite spec in an hour to 2 hours, bring chronomancers for portals and alacrity for those without anything other than gliding.

I’m sorry but this isn’t a big ask if you want to unlock it quick.

But this isn’t about that, this is really about how much better elite specs feel than core specs, otherwise the OP would have made this post way back when skill points were made into shards. If they were more equal you wouldn’t care, if WvW wasn’t dying at an alarming rate you wouldn’t care.

in WvW

Sadrien.3470

Grind? Ha. I made a brand new revenant and got its elite spec in 2 hours at the dead time of EU. Would have been quicker if I’d have had friends around to get champion hero points instead of waiting around.

A group of say 5-10 should easily be able to unlock an elite spec in an hour to 2 hours, bring chronomancers for portals and alacrity for those without anything other than gliding.

But this isn’t about that, this is really about how much better elite specs feel than core specs, otherwise the OP would have made this post way back when skill points were made into shards. If they were more equal you wouldn’t care, if WvW wasn’t dying at an alarming rate you wouldn’t care.

I can so almost every heropoints in the new maps by now, but I like to remake character terms and have all classes at least once, that is literally 20+ hours of repeated, useless content… It’s gotten to the point were I know how to solo arrowhead and other difficult bosses like Balthazar to get points faster since I don’t have to wait for people…
My solo runs take 1hour and 30 minutes to get 225 hps then I just go to wvw to get my elite skill. It is kinda fine now that I can basically farm it but having done it so many times is kinda Boring and this is a game made to have FUN.

in WvW

Posted by: fost.9167

fost.9167

The issue IMO isn’t proof of heroics… its badges of honor. You will end up banking proof of heroics.

At least that is my issue (yes, i complete the dailys), but I have only unlocked my berserker and chronomancer… currently unlocking ele (but no rush as the default ele builds are pretty fun).

in WvW

Sadrien.3470

I’m waiting to be infracted because I said pve wasn’t fun.

in WvW

apharma.3741

I can so almost every heropoints in the new maps by now, but I like to remake character terms and have all classes at least once, that is literally 20+ hours of repeated, useless content… It’s gotten to the point were I know how to solo arrowhead and other difficult bosses like Balthazar to get points faster since I don’t have to wait for people…
My solo runs take 1hour and 30 minutes to get 225 hps then I just go to wvw to get my elite skill. It is kinda fine now that I can basically farm it but having done it so many times is kinda Boring and this is a game made to have FUN.

Yeah I got all (except my new Rev) my elite specs before they reduced the amount of points needed, I know it is a bit of an unfun grind. However, there is no need to do it for 20+ hours straight, you can do the main 1-3 characters (I’ll assume most will have done this by now) you use then do the others later.

Part of the problem is we all have these multiple lvl 80 characters already so need to do it on multiple characters when we want to use the new stuff on them. The other part is as I said, how much better elite specs currently are compared to base spec making you feel like you need to unlock it quick to be on even footing.

in WvW

Sadrien.3470

Yeah I got all (except my new Rev) my elite specs before they reduced the amount of points needed, I know it is a bit of an unfun grind. However, there is no need to do it for 20+ hours straight, you can do the main 1-3 characters (I’ll assume most will have done this by now) you use then do the others later.

Part of the problem is we all have these multiple lvl 80 characters already so need to do it on multiple characters when we want to use the new stuff on them. The other part is as I said, how much better elite specs currently are compared to base spec making you feel like you need to unlock it quick to be on even footing.

Elite spec is mandatory except for for staff ele and scepter focus eles at this point. You do HAVE to have it to play for WvW in roaming at least. Maybe normal necro in zergs and normal warrior but it’s not as good.