Proposed Oasis Event Changes

in WvW

Posted by: Crunk n monkey.3749

Crunk n monkey.3749

1. Event length shorten. One hour is too long for that event. One person can do it and literally break all 22 gates on the map. 15 or 20 minutes feels like a better time period for that event.

2. Damage reduction. It does way too much damage to gates. Regular gates, I feel are okay to be broken fully, but reinforced gates and fortified gates take too much. Reinforced gates should be at 30% after Skysplitter and fortified should be at 60%.

3. Outer gates of the keep should only be affected, not inner gates as well.

4. Tower and Keep options to deplete supply to repair gates and walls. Kind of how the tower NPCs repair a gate or wall in Edge of the Mists. But it should be a keep option to deploy such NPCs, unlike it being automatic in EOTM.

5. Skysplitter should affect only one tower or keep on the map and not the whole map. The fact that the event can open all 22 gates on the map seems a bit overpowered and to a point, irrelevant to even defend. It would be much faster to just reflip the tower or keep before the RI is up instead of repairing the gates.

Ascended Phoenix [ASH] – Gates of Madness

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

How about: Removed entirely.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Posted by: Crunk n monkey.3749

Crunk n monkey.3749

I was trying to find a middle ground, but I am okay with that option as well.

Ascended Phoenix [ASH] – Gates of Madness

in WvW

Posted by: Caliburn.1845

Caliburn.1845

First fix the lag it causes.

After that make it target one keep or tower of the winning side’s choice.

Then make it devastating. Every gate and wall regardless of level fully destroyed. Every piece of siege destroyed. Every upgrade(banners, tactics etc) destroyed. If someone wants to hold that objective, they’re going to need a defensive force in place to defend it and repair it.

Caliburn.1845, Monsters Inc.
Darkhaven>Dragonbrand>Blackgate>Maguuma>Yaks Bend>Stormbluff Isle>Yaks Bend

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Then make it devastating. Every gate and wall regardless of level fully destroyed. Every piece of siege destroyed. Every upgrade(banners, tactics etc) destroyed. If someone wants to hold that objective, they’re going to need a defensive force in place to defend it and repair it.

So you basically want the Quaggans back.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Posted by: Caliburn.1845

Caliburn.1845

I want something to aid attackers. Defenders got an almost endless list of new toys, abilities, and features. Attackers got almost nothing in return.

Attacking and defending is now way out of balance, and the Oasis, if implemented properly could help correct that.

Caliburn.1845, Monsters Inc.
Darkhaven>Dragonbrand>Blackgate>Maguuma>Yaks Bend>Stormbluff Isle>Yaks Bend

in WvW

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

or how about moving this pve map as a training ground eotm like map for begiinner pve players that wanna try out pvp and give us back the old maps or even better...make an actual real wvw map...
Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

So you basically want the Quaggans back.

heyy the quaggans were awesome !!! i prefer them over the bloodlust camp mess they put in the middle.

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Hubal.8571

Hubal.8571

Yup, that seems the best remedy in my mind too.