Props to Arena Net on their new point system!

in WvW

Posted by: kefro.9312

kefro.9312

Well done Anet i’m amazed and surprised me and my friends are coming back to wvw.
All timezones are worth the same no more 400 ppt for 1h per day and win.
You have done well congratz

in WvW

Posted by: HaxTester.9816

HaxTester.9816

Yeah, I like it as well. There’s still some advantage to capping as much as you can (eg. stalling the progress of enemies), and servers that are behind don’t have to worry about capping so many to try to catch up, only to lose those caps later to the standby night crew of enemy server. You only have to get a set amount of captures and keep those caps. This has the potential to “de-zerg” WvW as well, but we will see if people have the will to do it, or they’ll remain lazy and do the same old thing. Maybe if one server could exploit this, to take advantage of people’s reluctance to change, they could steam roll the match and make people think otherwise.

Anvil Rockers Unite!

in WvW

Posted by: Mystic Moon Maiden.3786

Mystic Moon Maiden.3786

The new system has done squat to change things. Servers who are gigantic and have massive coverage are still rolling over the smaller servers. And this server matching crap isn’t working either. Until they completely stop people from being able to transfer from one server to another period, WvW will remain broken.

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

The new system has done squat to change things. Servers who are gigantic and have massive coverage are still rolling over the smaller servers. And this server matching crap isn’t working either. Until they completely stop people from being able to transfer from one server to another period, WvW will remain broken.

I think;

• the new scoring system is far better than the old one.
  • the server linking system should be re-done in order to promote “fair chance at first place” as opposed to “good matches.” (which is what they said it was currently for here).
  • there should be a limit on transfers. People moving around at-will can cause huge matchup issues because the links are for such a lengthy period.
Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

(edited by Svarty.8019)

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

Not convinced it has done anything but make the scores look closer. Id be interested to see the results of skirmish scoring versus old method – I could be wrong.

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

in WvW

Posted by: Balthazzarr.1349

Balthazzarr.1349

Well, one thing I’ve seen more of is actual fights and not so much karma/capping… I know it still exists for sure, but today in our bl it was all about the fights for this one group especially. I mean they would even leave the tower wide open just to invite us in to fight them. Lots of fun for me since I like the fights and don’t care a tiny bit about score.

… just call me … Tim :)

in WvW

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

I think;

• the new scoring system is far better than the old one.
  • the server linking system should be re-done in order to promote “fair chance at first place” as opposed to “good matches.” (which is what they said it was currently for here).
  • there should be a limit on transfers. People moving around at-will can cause huge matchup issues because the links are for such a lengthy period.

IMO you should only be able to transfer once every 3 months, and reset your entire WvW guildhall stuff everytime you do. Transferring should be a serious decision that isn’t easy to back out of, instead of a “Oh I transferred for a week and don’t like this place, so let me transfer again.”

Not convinced it has done anything but make the scores look closer. Id be interested to see the results of skirmish scoring versus old method – I could be wrong.

Not just closer, it makes all the time zones important instead of just one. Say you have a strong SEA but a weak NA. Before the SEA could carry you to victory for 8 hours and throw you back into the lead. Now, most it can do is close the gap, it cannot bypass it, for that is only 4 out of 12 skirmishes.

It’s a fair way of balancing some of the timezone coverage problems and the hopelessness feeling people usually feel by the end of Sunday night due to score differences. You see a 50k point difference, you’re not likely to keep trying. You see a 12 point difference due to VP, you’re more likely to keep pushing since you can still come back from this. It’ll also encourage servers to stop stacking one timezone and start branching out so they can stay competitive.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

in WvW

Posted by: Draeyon.4392

Draeyon.4392

Basically, all this change did was reduce the impact of population imbalance, not the underlying issue of population imbalance itself.
Stacked servers still dominate.

Also, would a different scoring ratio help alleviate the problem where servers play for 2nd (usually only an issue during seasons)?
E.g. 4-3-2 instead of 3-2-1

in WvW

Posted by: Rotteny.8743

Rotteny.8743

IMO you should only be able to transfer once every 3 months, and reset your entire WvW guildhall stuff everytime you do. Transferring should be a serious decision that isn’t easy to back out of, instead of a “Oh I transferred for a week and don’t like this place, so let me transfer again.”

Then you would have players quitting the game instead of just transfering to try find fun elsewhere. Which is far worse than having people transfering.

Diana Strongarm / Blighter Hellena / Jasmine Fatima / Elizabeth Crowel
WvW Rank 337 (Bronze Soldier) – PvP Rank 33 (Wolf) – 3,2k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Borlis Pass (Also known as Jeknar.6184)

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

mos.millenium.org now shows the old scoring and skirmish / VP scoring – 0 differences in placement for all 4 tiers of NA thus far. Close score seems more illusion than anything else thus far. Yes a server might be down by 10 points instead of 40,000, but is their chance to recover really much different? Yes, if you finish 1 slot ahead of the server you trail for 10 skirmishes you can catch up. If you could do that however, would you have trailed using the old scoring in the first place?

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB