Props to maguuma roamers

Props to maguuma roamers

in WvW

Posted by: LightningBlaze.4913

LightningBlaze.4913

I have never experienced this during all the time I spent on tier 1 bg server. When fighting 1v1 against a magguma opponent in the open field and two or more magguma roamers are approaching yet they don’t interfere. Instead they do /cheer emote or /no emote to their mate if he tries to run away to survive but still dies. As soon as one gets defeated another one joins in and the rest stays back, sort of like an elimination round. At the beginning I thought it was the moral of only the first 3 players but during this weekend I have already experienced this scenario more than 6 times across all the borderlands and with different players from various guilds. It was awesome and a unique experience that didn’t take place in a duel, mutual accordance setting.

Heidia- The elementalist is the #1 most OP profession in this game since beta!

(edited by LightningBlaze.4913)

Props to maguuma roamers

in WvW

Posted by: Boonprot.6274

Boonprot.6274

Despite what some may say, Mag has this kind of attitude towards both duels and open-field fights. If a Mag guild is engaging an enemy group reasonably close to its own size, other guild groups typically won’t engage as well. It’s part of why we have such an active GvG community, with 5 guilds off the top of my head participating in GvGs.

Supreme Commander Boonprot, Lord Regent of the Portals
Boonprot 80 G
[Ark] Maguuma

Props to maguuma roamers

in WvW

Posted by: Sad Tas.2509

Sad Tas.2509

Maybe in the past but since they started buying guilds they just zerg you down now.

Props to maguuma roamers

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

We fought them last week and while their zergs are bigger and more plentiful than BPs, Mags had lots of roamer and skirmish teams running around which was highly enjoyable. They even avoided zerging us into the ground just to keep our morale up and the fights more plentiful. Despite their reputation, I came away with a lot of respect for both their general attitude and certainly their skill. Some of the toughest skirmish fights I have ever had.

If I decided to move up, Mags would certainly be a contender.

Unfortunately, this week we are back to fighting under heavy siege fire and watching a plethora of SoS wall warriors

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

(edited by Straegen.2938)

Props to maguuma roamers

in WvW

Posted by: Kigera.9584

Kigera.9584

I thought this was a troll post at first. The last time I faced Mag I saw nothing but 3-4 man gank squads and barely ran into anyone (besides PU Mesmer and thief) who ran solo. I also remember the ridiculous duel trolling in OS as well. Did Mag get new friendly transfers?

Props to maguuma roamers

in WvW

Posted by: Sad Tas.2509

Sad Tas.2509

I thought this was a troll post at first. The last time I faced Mag I saw nothing but 3-4 man gank squads and barely ran into anyone (besides PU Mesmer and thief) who ran solo. I also remember the ridiculous duel trolling in OS as well. Did Mag get new friendly transfers?

Dunno about friendly but they definitely bought transfers, thats for sure

Props to maguuma roamers

in WvW

Posted by: Mirsa.1628

Mirsa.1628

I heard the OS has been poppin for fights this week. Time for me to head down there when I get the chance for some nice duels! :>

[GS] Gun Squad
Guild Master

Props to maguuma roamers

in WvW

Posted by: Peetee.9406

Peetee.9406

FA/Mag have both been great opponents this week. Loving the smaller fights and duels.

I do have to apologize for the huge off hour blobs tho. Trust me, We (GC) are trying to run with small numbers but are having a lot of Rallians attach to us.

Kayku
[CDS] Caedas
Sanctum of Rall

Props to maguuma roamers

in WvW

Posted by: Boonprot.6274

Boonprot.6274

FA/Mag have both been great opponents this week. Loving the smaller fights and duels.

I do have to apologize for the huge off hour blobs tho. Trust me, We (GC) are trying to run with small numbers but are having a lot of Rallians attach to us.

It happens. From what I’ve heard our SEA/OCX crowd are having a lot of fun during their timeslot so it can’t be all that bad!

Supreme Commander Boonprot, Lord Regent of the Portals
Boonprot 80 G
[Ark] Maguuma

Props to maguuma roamers

in WvW

Posted by: Hackuuna.4085

Hackuuna.4085

If your opponents are getting quality fights they will keep coming out to play. Ultimately that makes the game more fun for everyone and is the kind of culture that has developed on Maguuma.

Props to maguuma roamers

in WvW

Posted by: Warlord.9074

Warlord.9074

Ya props guyz I noticed to. I’m used to beating BG in 1v1 then they go get more people to zerg me down with. Then JQ kill stealing my kills. Etc it goes both ways.

Last night that wasn’t the case though me and a friend were doing 2v2 2v4 etc then maguma would just come and zerg us down. Evrytime.

“Just press 2 to win all the dps was us cuz we’re a
warrior and we’re the best class” Eugene

Props to maguuma roamers

in WvW

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

As much as we on SoS are hating the current matchup, I’m happy that the three “fights oriented” servers got to all meet up at least once.
Have fun, because the RNG can only hate us as much as is numerically possible.

Props to maguuma roamers

in WvW

Posted by: LightningBlaze.4913

LightningBlaze.4913

If your opponents are getting quality fights they will keep coming out to play. Ultimately that makes the game more fun for everyone and is the kind of culture that has developed on Maguuma.

It is most certainly a culture that distinguish Magguma server from the rest. At least comparing to tier 1 servers. I have been in Blackgate since the start of this game and never seen this happen outside of duel environment. I wonder what tier 3 servers have to offer. Will definitely transfer to one tier 3 server after a few weeks from now.

Heidia- The elementalist is the #1 most OP profession in this game since beta!

Props to maguuma roamers

in WvW

Chris.3290

If you are on SoR, T3 will come to you in a few weeks (if this week is a realistic indicator).

Props to maguuma roamers

in WvW

Posted by: Deli.1302

Deli.1302

You won’t be apologizing for your blob once you see the Xushin mega map blob

Props to maguuma roamers

in WvW

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

I have never experienced this during all the time I spent on tier 1 bg server. When fighting 1v1 against a magguma opponent in the open field and two or more magguma roamers are approaching yet they don’t interfere. Instead they do /cheer emote or /no emote to their mate if he tries to run away to survive but still dies. As soon as one gets defeated another one joins in and the rest stays back, sort of like an elimination round. At the beginning I thought it was the moral of only the first 3 players but during this weekend I have already experienced this scenario more than 6 times across all the borderlands and with different players from various guilds. It was awesome and a unique experience that didn’t take place in a duel, mutual accordance setting.

One of my group mates, guardian build for large scale fights, was bouncing back and forward between scouting two towers. He had 3 Mag thieves having a go at him all at once. A little while later that turned into 6 Mag thieves.

So yeah, Maguma are amazing, or, rather, I should say, like everyone else.

Props to maguuma roamers

in WvW

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

I have the opposite experience, granted the player I’ve encountered doesn’t represent the entire server.
I even had a MAG Thief attack me while he was under the map.

Props to maguuma roamers

in WvW

Posted by: MeltdownNagoshi.2594

MeltdownNagoshi.2594

#Bandguuma2014believe

Salv.
[VR]
#mag

Props to maguuma roamers

in WvW

Chris.3290

How many guilds have gone to Maguuma? The only ppl I know of is [OLAF] and you got Nacho to pugmand in EU.

Props to maguuma roamers

in WvW

Posted by: Shunt.6254

Shunt.6254

How many guilds have gone to Maguuma? The only ppl I know of is [OLAF] and you got Nacho to pugmand in EU.

Olaf is the only guild, We got a few pugmanders Nacho and Kalkz. That’s about it.

Maguuma
– Arc [VR]
– GvG us!

Props to maguuma roamers

in WvW

Posted by: Caroline.4987

Caroline.4987

You won’t be apologizing for your blob once you see the Xushin mega map blob

Actually, Xushin’s been running around a lot the last few days…and been ordering people to split off onto other tags. For the most part, Maguumans have done so pretty willingly. Haven’t had a mega map blob since us SBI transfers came in, for the most part.

I imagine it’s because there’s actually other tags now.

Brynnhylde – Norn Warrior, Jehanette – Human Guardian, Shaelynne – Human Engineer
TrZ | Stormbluff Isle

Props to maguuma roamers

in WvW

Posted by: Mark Katzbach

Mark Katzbach

Content Marketing Manager

Please note that we do not allow Match-up threads on the Guild Wars 2 forum. You can read about our forum changes here:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Guild-Wars-2-Forum-Moderation-Updates
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/Upcoming-Forum-Changes-to-WvW-Match-ups-Sub-forum