in WvW

Posted by: Butter.3024

Butter.3024

Pros:
- It got a ton of PvE players to try out WvW, it’s very exciting
- Everyone becomes very competitive and play serious. It’s really fun
- WvW has became really fun again

Cons:
- Horrible, horrible, horrible skill lag, it is horrible. It doesn’t matter where you are, if there is a big fight on the map everything becomes laggy
- Queue time, approximately 3 hours for T1 and 1 hour or more for T2
- The schedule is really weird, it basically gives JQ 3 easy weeks while SoR and BG only 1

Feel free to add more ideas below

Pros and cons of the new league season

in WvW

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

Pros:
- It helped fill up the very top tiers
- Some of the ones you listed

Cons:
-VERY imbalanced matches that completely kill the scene for under-manned servers.

On Anvil Rock (worst server) we can just barely keep up and compete when the match is the bottom 3 teams, although we do enough to keep it fun. When larger servers come to town, we just get roflstomped and everyone just leaves wvw/has more incentive to transfer to a server that can compete. This kills our server even more just as its trying to rebuild.

in WvW

Posted by: Immolator.5640

Immolator.5640

Pros (?)
- It got a ton of PvE players to try out WvW

Cons:
- Horrible, horrible, horrible skill lag, it is horrible. It doesn’t matter where you are, if there is a big fight on the map everything becomes laggy, not mentioning the perpetual lag anyway
- WvW has became incredibly boring and laggy, if I ever get in I’m not really playing
- It got a ton of PvE players to ‘try out’ WvW
- The schedule sucks, 1 matchup with Deso is more than enough for a lifetime
- The deciding matchup is at the start
- I spend my limited game time sitting at my PC in LA waiting for my queue to pop for several hours

Commander Ezekiel The Paladin
Underworld Battalion [WvW] Leader (retired) – Gandara [EU]
All Is Vain https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/gf-left-me-coz-of-ladderboard/

in WvW

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

I’d say

Pros
-PvE players tryin WvW without skill lag or queues

Cons
-People bandwagoning up tiers
-Winner is probably decided Monday (if not already)

Gate of Madness

in WvW

Posted by: lunacrous.6751

lunacrous.6751

Cons
-Solo Roaming is now entirely pointless, the number of players around means you’ll almost always end up overwhelmed by sheer numbers.

in WvW

Posted by: Chuck Zitto.2367

Chuck Zitto.2367

Pros:
- It helped fill up the very top tiers
- Some of the ones you listed

Cons:
-VERY imbalanced matches that completely kill the scene for under-manned servers.

On Anvil Rock (worst server) we can just barely keep up and compete when the match is the bottom 3 teams, although we do enough to keep it fun. When larger servers come to town, we just get roflstomped and everyone just leaves wvw/has more incentive to transfer to a server that can compete. This kills our server even more just as its trying to rebuild.

This im from DR and were battling AR for second this week while GOM is roflstomping both of us. Pretty much been the case for the last 10 weeks or so for us and will be throughout this season. Two weaker servers battling for second while the one mega population server stomps us. AR and us together probably can’t come close to GOM’s numbers.

in WvW

Posted by: Treborlavok.3504

Treborlavok.3504

You’re not kidding about roaming alone… I’ve always been into wvw, and this morning after work I jumped on to knock out my daily. I hooked up with about 4 other roamers and we stuck around the ruins and we’re having a blast. But the we started to run to the SsW ruins up the stairs(name?) and we go to turn to corner on the hill and we see the absolute highest Zerg I’ve seen ever in the game. I’ve seen and been apart of some epic zergs… Big the sheer amount of red names on top of and running up to those ruins… Was mind bottling.

Needless to say we ran up there and wiped them all… Lol yea right, we laughed and cracked some jokes and promptly ran away lol.

But I do like what they did with the achievements. I like that it’s going to mix up the entire maps of wvw with who’s running where and what everyone’s doing. Not just everyone following 1 commander protecting this, taking this. You most definitely need atleast a small group or 2 groups running around to be effective enough(T1). But there’s a lot more options and people running around actually roaming now, atleast it seems that way.

I see some things about ques… On the weekends the ques is always super long(T1) so it’s nothing new really. It feels the same to me atleast.

Sylvari Engi- Wait! Don’t leaf!
Asura Ele- Sir Im afraid youre short. Why is it always short jokes. No, youre short on the bill.

in WvW

Posted by: Coults.8492

Coults.8492

Pros
- PvErs give a wider range of RNG drop for precursors

Cons
- Can’t solo Roam
- Lag makes skills near impossible to land, let alone proc
- Crazy Queues
- More q.q

The only highlight i’ve had for now that deviates from zerging, is running in small mans (3 minimum). Other than that, when PvErs are astray from their zerg, they make for good loot. But i don’t think that can make up for fights at Garrison that will lag you out near Briar. This is total chaos.

RISE Commander

Needs moar legendaries q.q