Proximity of treb range in EBG is inbalance

in WvW

Posted by: SweetPotato.7456

SweetPotato.7456

Trebbing
The current situation is: SMC treb can reach all the outer towers but not the other way around.

One thing that a low population server need is to play smart, knows the map well, sneak and clever uses of sieges. Please look in to this matter.

It would be so much more fun if there are more places and ways to invade and take over a tower/keep/SMC by ways of clever uses of sieges.

It is already really hard to defend with the constant outnumbered. Let alone letting a strongest server have the power to easily invade the lowly populated servers.

Guild Wars 2 Forever

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

It’s basic physics. If you are the highest “tower,” you get range.

It’s why people “covet” SMC, because it can hit everything.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Jayne.9251

Now that I think about it — towers that can hit SMC:

1. Durios
2. QL
3. Klovan
4. Wildcreek
5. Anza
6. Ogres

So I’m not actually seeing the issue. All towers can hit SMC.

in WvW

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

To add to that SMC is the number one priority to make sure it never upgrades as it offers a massive advantage especially with hardened gates and stealth fountains. To that end it usually has a 2v1 situation going on that means unless the match up is completely one-sided (like Kodash-Elona-AG match up) it doesn’t usually get higher than T1.

I do think it shouldn’t be able to be hit from red keep or hit red keep, funny how you both forgot that.

in WvW

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

1. Durios
2. QL
3. Klovan
4. Wildcreek
5. Anza
6. Ogres

Your facts have no power here

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

This is the very reason WvW works (and DBL dont). Towers threaten keeps and keeps threaten towers. Thats why there is a need to secure them, which drives WvW.

Complaining about this is like complaining that drugs make you high.

in WvW

apharma.3741

This is the very reason WvW works (and DBL dont). Towers threaten keeps and keeps threaten towers. Thats why there is a need to secure them, which drives WvW.

Complaining about this is like complaining that drugs make you high.

Yeah, eff those guys in serious pain who might want to drive or carry on with their otherwise uninhibited function =P

The premise about towers and their relation to keeps and castles is right though, I said this on one of the first few days I played the DBL, why are we capping towers when they provide no strategic advantage other than…a supply depot I guess.

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Yeah, eff those guys in serious pain who might want to drive or carry on with their otherwise uninhibited function =P

Drugs=illegal narcotics in my native language, I am not a native American speaker where drugs is essentially candy with some medicinal side-effects. Sorry, should have made that clearer.

in WvW

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

That’s the whole tactical point of owning sm,to be able to hit every tower from topfloor platforms,the platforms that were Made to hit the towers it’s facing.

Besides you’re fighting with another server,you can break open sm outer from whatever place and hope the other server will keep pushing it.If they do keep pushing sm then is the time where your outmanned server goes to the side which holds sm and hit some towers while the other server is trying to cap sm..So they will have to split up their groups,and eventually that will make them lose either some towers on their side or sm itself.

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

1. Durios
2. QL
3. Klovan
4. Wildcreek
5. Anza
6. Ogres

If I remember right Ogrewatch cannot hit SMC. However, Overlook can (and can also be hit by it).

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

apharma.3741

Drugs=illegal narcotics in my native language, I am not a native American speaker where drugs is essentially candy with some medicinal side-effects. Sorry, should have made that clearer.

Yeah to be fair I am in the healthcare business so I do see things differently with drugs being tools to treat conditions and illness instead of recreational highs. Also I’m British not American.

I do wish WvW was a little more strategic tbh in terms of capturing and holding key areas rather than zerg everything the weakest server has faster than they can take it back.

in WvW

Jayne.9251

1. Durios
2. QL
3. Klovan
4. Wildcreek
5. Anza
6. Ogres

If I remember right Ogrewatch cannot hit SMC. However, Overlook can (and can also be hit by it).

It can

Letoll: Stop posting photos of what I look like in the morning

in WvW

Posted by: Rangerdeity.5847

Rangerdeity.5847

should we also complain that all towers in EB are within treb range of their guardian keep? Honestly EB is one of the best designed pvp maps in all of gaming. it deserves some minor tweaks it has never gotten but overall its a well rounded map.

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

should we also complain that all towers in EB are within treb range of their guardian keep?

Mendons is not at range of Overlook.
Durios is not at range of Valley.

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

1. Durios
2. QL
3. Klovan
4. Wildcreek
5. Anza
6. Ogres

It can

Letoll: Stop posting photos of what I look like in the morning

Hot diggity
A/s/l?