Public Test Realms [PTR] & New WvW Servers

in WvW

Posted by: keelaunaw.3285

keelaunaw.3285

ArenaNet needs public test realms for this game. It’s really obvious that the things going into GW2 for at least WvW aren’t being tested by the right numbers of people, and several websites have shown that it’s only developers who are testing what gets released. Tons of garbage has been added to WvW that makes the fights so totally lopsided its unreal.

Most obvious is the insane amount of lag in big fights in WvW. I recently upgraded my internet from 12mbps to 45mbps and the fps after 4 years of this is STILL dropping to 1-3 fps. There is absolutely no excuse for this, and daily I’m seeing people give up and quit playing because that is their endgame and it has become too much to bear. There are other good quality free games out there that take care of their customer/players and those leaving know that. I think after this last quarter earnings ArenaNet should be getting their act together to keep regular players in game rather than being cheap and letting them go.

Never got bored with an MMO faster than GW2. Took 4mos.

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

WvW is already in PTR state.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in WvW

Posted by: Samug.6512

Samug.6512

ArenaNet needs public test realms for this game. It’s really obvious that the things going into GW2 for at least WvW aren’t being tested by the right numbers of people, and several websites have shown that it’s only developers who are testing what gets released. Tons of garbage has been added to WvW that makes the fights so totally lopsided its unreal.

Most obvious is the insane amount of lag in big fights in WvW. I recently upgraded my internet from 12mbps to 45mbps and the fps after 4 years of this is STILL dropping to 1-3 fps. There is absolutely no excuse for this, and daily I’m seeing people give up and quit playing because that is their endgame and it has become too much to bear. There are other good quality free games out there that take care of their customer/players and those leaving know that. I think after this last quarter earnings ArenaNet should be getting their act together to keep regular players in game rather than being cheap and letting them go.

FPS depends on your hardware, does it not?…

(edited by Samug.6512)

in WvW

Posted by: Hexinx.1872

Hexinx.1872

Severe lag occurs when the engine can’t calculate the amount of math it has to handle in a given radius (boons, condi’s, actions) … this can’t really beaddressed. Even with a top end PC , every now and then you may hit this … where it feels like the server is catching up to communicate with all clients. And you see it on your opponents too, they are not actually doing much outside of running around avoiding red circles, literally unable to do much outside of AA. A good PC helps as much as you can on your end, A good CPU especially with this game (not GPU).

in WvW

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

Severe lag occurs when the engine can’t calculate the amount of math it has to handle in a given radius (boons, condi’s, actions) … this can’t really beaddressed. Even with a top end PC , every now and then you may hit this … where it feels like the server is catching up to communicate with all clients. And you see it on your opponents too, they are not actually doing much outside of running around avoiding red circles, literally unable to do much outside of AA. A good PC helps as much as you can on your end, A good CPU especially with this game (not GPU).

It has nothing to do with your PC and everything to do with the server.

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Reaper Alim.4176

Reaper Alim.4176

It has nothing to do with your PC and everything to do with the server.

This is not a GW2 only problem many other MMO’s have it worst in this department. So be wary where you go.

I maybe a troll with class.
But at least I admit it!
PoF guys get ready for PvE joys