Pull skills

Pull skills

in WvW

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

Was just pulled off a cliff. So, I’ll admit I’m a bit kitten ed. Though I was standing a substantial amount back fro the edge because my stability was on CD. This is the 2nd time the past week.

The question is, what skill is bugged or been improved to cause this. It really has to be scaled back.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Pull skills

in WvW

DeWolfe.2174

ok, now it happened again from Hills inner wall. I was pulled up in the air and over the edge. This can’t be within design parameters. It makes the wall’s completely useless. If this is designed to be that way, then it’s poorly designed.

It would be nice if it at least showed on the combat log.

Attachments:

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Pull skills

in WvW

Posted by: zerospin.8604

zerospin.8604

If you stand on the small ledge at the edge (pointed by the arrow) of the wall I can (and will) pull you down with engineers Magnet, range 1200. If you stand behind that small ledge, the magnet will be obstructed. That is fully within design parameters. Just don’t stand there if you don’t want to be pulled Thieves can do the same with scorpion wire.

It is a trade off, you usually need to stand on that ledge to fire off LoS based Aoe skills on the attackers, but if you want that, you need to expose yourself to the risk of being pulled down.

(edited by zerospin.8604)

Pull skills

in WvW

Posted by: Serval.6458

Serval.6458

The only skill that can pull without line of sight is the mesmer skill temporal curtain being placed and then detonated as “into the void” which is an aoe pull towards where the skill was planted.

That doesn’t seem like enough to pull you the distance you mentioned, however.

Pull skills

in WvW

Posted by: nirvana.8245

nirvana.8245

Scorpion Wire requires LOS.

Temporal curtain can pull you from there and over the ledge occasionally. Its hit and miss though. Some people claim you can’t, but you can. It’s just not 100% consistently going to pull you over the edge from there. At least, that is what I have found.

Pull skills

in WvW

Posted by: Joey.2769

Joey.2769

If you are dealing with a coordinated mesmer group they are able to chain pulls. 1 to pull you to the ledge and one to pull you off. My guild does it in such rapid succession that I’m sure to the enemy it looks like it was only 1 action.

Commander X Swagalicious X
Commander Twerknificient
Joey Bladow

Pull skills

in WvW

Posted by: drwookie.6391

drwookie.6391

If you are dealing with a coordinated mesmer group they are able to chain pulls. 1 to pull you to the ledge and one to pull you off. My guild does it in such rapid succession that I’m sure to the enemy it looks like it was only 1 action.

Probably this.

Come to think of it, it may have been your guild that did it to me several times yesterday. I was thinking to myself “Man, TC has some masterful mesmer pullers”, but now it makes more sense that it was 2 or more of you. There were some impressive pulls being done. (I’m on DB)

Pull skills

in WvW

Posted by: rivx.3267

rivx.3267

awhile back I was pulled straight up into the air and out over the wall from inside the courtyard not even on the wall though I think it was siegerazer that did it. havn’t seen anything that crazy for awhile though.

Pull skills

in WvW

Posted by: Nikola.3841

Nikola.3841

Its a stupid game mechanic…this MMO is strange in a way that it gives advantage to attackers

Pull skills

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

awhile back I was pulled straight up into the air and out over the wall from inside the courtyard not even on the wall though I think it was siegerazer that did it. havn’t seen anything that crazy for awhile though.

No thats called lag lol. No skill can lift you. I often jump off walls to the inside of a keep, only to end up outside when landing. Quite hilarious.

Mesmer pulls are powerfull, but if you cant handle going outside the keep without dying, the keep is already lost. Or you’re a weaksauce zerker, whatever.

Pull skills

in WvW

Posted by: rivx.3267

rivx.3267

No thats called lag lol. No skill can lift you. I often jump off walls to the inside of a keep, only to end up outside when landing. Quite hilarious.

Mesmer pulls are powerfull, but if you cant handle going outside the keep without dying, the keep is already lost. Or you’re a weaksauce zerker, whatever.

it might have been lag, but that’s exactly how it appeared to me straight up and over the wall.

(edited by rivx.3267)

Pull skills

in WvW

Posted by: Iavra.8510

Iavra.8510

Into the Void got nerfed hard. You have 1 second to step away a bit when you see a line appear on the wall you are standing on. If you can’t do that, i fear that’s a L2P issue.

Pull skills

in WvW

Posted by: Atrophied.8725

Atrophied.8725

See line, count 1, dodge/evade/block. Mesmer pulls aren’t even a worry any more.

Xandra – 80s in all classes – Ele/Guard mains – [TL] – NSP

Pull skills

in WvW

Posted by: Contiguous.1345

Contiguous.1345

I often jump off walls to the inside of a keep, only to end up outside when landing.

9 times out of 10 you’ve jumped down over the portal. Really kittens me off when I do that.

Pull skills

in WvW

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

See line, count 1, dodge/evade/block. Mesmer pulls aren’t even a worry any more.

Or pop a stability skill. Mesmer focus 4 only works on nuubcakes these days.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

Pull skills

in WvW

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

its an issue with collision with walls when its not a self induced collision… sometimes you fly up in the air when people pull you towards a different elevation. a second pull can then hit you and suddenly no wall is in the way cuz youre in the air.

its glitch abuse.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

Pull skills

in WvW

DeWolfe.2174

If you stand on the small ledge at the edge (pointed by the arrow) of the wall

Wow, TY all for the replies!!!! Can’t wait to read them all. I’ll first reply to this though. We had a full zerg attacking inner Hills. I was running across the back of the wall and got to the point where I’m standing in the photo. This screen cap is after the fact for illustration purposes. Anyway, I was literally pulled up in the air in the direction of the arrow, and dropped on the ground in front of the point. Obviously, I was mauled by the attacking horde

I’m almost wondering if something like an Eyefinity setup has increased field of view to the point where it’s breaking LoS for Pull Skills? This is the 3rd time since patch that I’ve been pulled in some really absurd way.

btw.. I’ll say pull skills should never had been implemented in my mind. It’s an immature mechanic contrived to force melee. Problem being, it’s been abused for grieving. I’ll also admit that I do have a Mesmer too

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

(edited by DeWolfe.2174)

Pull skills

in WvW

Posted by: SmoothHussler.6387

SmoothHussler.6387

Its a stupid game mechanic…this MMO is strange in a way that it gives advantage to attackers

Agreed. And while I’m here may I say my inability to adequately shoot down from the battlements is also just wrong IMO.

Maguuma: Thug Life: [DERP][ME][PYRO] and other assorted dead guilds.

Pull skills

in WvW

zerospin.8604

I’m almost wondering if something like an Eyefinity setup has increased field of view to the point where it’s breaking LoS for Pull Skills? This is the 3rd time since patch that I’ve been pulled in some really absurd way.

Field of View is completely unrelated to Line of Sight. Even with a 360 degree omni view you still have to raycast a line from the player to the target – FoV does not affect objects in the world, only the way the 3D world is displayed on your screen.

Pull skills

in WvW

zerospin.8604

How do you explain being pulled from a arrow cart that is out of LOS?

I can’t without seeing it myself. Where was the cart placed? If it was behind the doors, there is a slight possibility that the pull skill was cast through the tiny space between the door and the wall? Even if the colliders were allowing for that, it would be really quite a lucky shot, like getting a jade ticket The only pull I’m quite familiar with is the magnet and that get’s obstructed by the smallest thing.

Pull skills

in WvW

Posted by: nirvana.8245

nirvana.8245

There is what looks like a bug that lifts you when you collide with an object at more than normal speed. This goes for a lot of skills that either pull or gap close. Ive been fired 30 feet into the air from a Mesmer pull after colliding with the lip of the wall and landed on the outside of the wall. Ive gap closed with tow line on the cusp of water and been fired a similar distance onto land. Its not simply lag. There is a collision bug there.

Pull skills

in WvW

Posted by: Tarsius.3170

Tarsius.3170

Nope, Siegerazer has done that to me too. I was on the outer edge of the wall and got hit with a binding blade style skill, I retreat to the back edge and I get pulled, I hit the wall and then went flying 100 feet straight upwards ( high enough to see the whole briar fort below me ). I land on the wall and die of fall damage…. wish I had video capture running then ;-)

Warhaft Tarsius – Asura Guardian ( Desolation ) – [NUKE]
Guardian FAQ · BUGS · HEALING

Pull skills

in WvW

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

Nope, Siegerazer has done that to me too. I was on the outer edge of the wall and got hit with a binding blade style skill, I retreat to the back edge and I get pulled, I hit the wall and then went flying 100 feet straight upwards ( high enough to see the whole briar fort below me ). I land on the wall and die of fall damage…. wish I had video capture running then ;-)

Siegerazer is hax man. Ring of warding with a GS… reported. I’ve also seen this happen to a person when I used the eng magnet pull. Not sure what happened… but the guy went flying into the air and then splat xD

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa