Pulse check time.. finding the way to fun..

in WvW

Posted by: Balthazzarr.1349

Balthazzarr.1349

In the last 1503 days (4 years) I have played 7663 hours up to this moment across all characters. That’s an average of 5 hours per day. GW2 addiction or what? Well it used to be.

There was a time when I didn’t even know these forums existed and pounded in GW2 / WvW for all it was worth. Finding friends, finding enemies to go after. Some days were as much as 12 hours on weekends. As I’m reading my email this morning from one of my friends asking (where have you been?) I realize that those days are gone.

I’ve said it in the forums how my 95% time in gw2 was spent in WvW at one time, and now it’s diminished. But my time in the game period has dropped to an all time low.

It’s the same song you keep hearing here about the direction of WvW and server linking. I have seen so many of my WvW die hard friends just drop out of WvW (or gw2 altogether), or do what I do and that’s go into WvW for missions or maybe a bit of havoc for a short bit and then leave. With the linking we have the one big issue that we no longer have a server to represent. Just a host, which in this case trolls us a huge amount of the time unless we just do our own thing quietly, that I personally have no interest in supporting.

Other hosts have been much more receptive but at the end of the day they are hosts and NOT our home world.

I figured I’d post this little bit in its own spot since I logged in this morning to GW2 to do my daily pickup of mats (not sure why I do that except out of habit), and then log out since none of my friends are in yet. While I was in I thought I’d to a /age check and surprised myself at how much I see I used to play, which is about 4 times the amount I play now.

Ah well, I will keep coming into the game to see friends but as things are going, (and obviously will continue to go), I will not likely tag up in WvW in the foreseeable future if ever with the current set up. Nor do I have a huge amount of interest in the same old other stuff this game has. The only reason I haven’t stopped altogether is because there is no monthly subscription. Or, (as in the case of WoW), it would be uninstalled.

ANet, I realize this makes zero difference on how you will continue to do things moving forward. But I just wanted to post my personal stats here as my final post to these forums. As I said in one forum entry.. it’s like spitting into a gale.. and frankly I’m going to keep my face dry from now on.

… just call me … Tim :)

in WvW

Posted by: Mikhael.2391

Mikhael.2391

I quit for 2 years and gave it a chance again and might just leave for good.main reason most people including mself bought the game was due to rvr or wvw as it called in this game. They lost me when they started favoring the secondary game mode to a fail esport. Everyone knew what the game was about when it came and it was fine. They should ve kept the main game mode a priority and not put it aside.

in WvW

Posted by: msalakka.4653

msalakka.4653

Don’t leave now, they just introduced portable cannons!

Hello?

Hello??

Gutter Rat [cry] | Gandara | Roaming nuisance
~ There is no balance team. ~

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Lots of people in my guild simply stopped bothering with wvw due to all the kitten ups. I do play it still daily but less and less then i used to do.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Posted by: greyseer.1806

greyseer.1806

The problem is where do you go for your realm vs realm fix?

in WvW

Posted by: jamesdolla.3954

jamesdolla.3954

Looks like mag losing it’s touch. Took almost 2 months to get our paired server to cry on the boards about us. We’re getting soft.

Native Maguuman

in WvW

Posted by: Mylerian.9176

Mylerian.9176

In the last 1503 days (4 years) I have played 7663 hours up to this moment across all characters. That’s an average of 5 hours per day. GW2 addiction or what? Well it used to be.

There was a time when I didn’t even know these forums existed and pounded in GW2 / WvW for all it was worth. Finding friends, finding enemies to go after. Some days were as much as 12 hours on weekends. As I’m reading my email this morning from one of my friends asking (where have you been?) I realize that those days are gone.

I’ve said it in the forums how my 95% time in gw2 was spent in WvW at one time, and now it’s diminished. But my time in the game period has dropped to an all time low.

It’s the same song you keep hearing here about the direction of WvW and server linking. I have seen so many of my WvW die hard friends just drop out of WvW (or gw2 altogether), or do what I do and that’s go into WvW for missions or maybe a bit of havoc for a short bit and then leave. With the linking we have the one big issue that we no longer have a server to represent. Just a host, which in this case trolls us a huge amount of the time unless we just do our own thing quietly, that I personally have no interest in supporting.

Other hosts have been much more receptive but at the end of the day they are hosts and NOT our home world.

I figured I’d post this little bit in its own spot since I logged in this morning to GW2 to do my daily pickup of mats (not sure why I do that except out of habit), and then log out since none of my friends are in yet. While I was in I thought I’d to a /age check and surprised myself at how much I see I used to play, which is about 4 times the amount I play now.

Ah well, I will keep coming into the game to see friends but as things are going, (and obviously will continue to go), I will not likely tag up in WvW in the foreseeable future if ever with the current set up. Nor do I have a huge amount of interest in the same old other stuff this game has. The only reason I haven’t stopped altogether is because there is no monthly subscription. Or, (as in the case of WoW), it would be uninstalled.

ANet, I realize this makes zero difference on how you will continue to do things moving forward. But I just wanted to post my personal stats here as my final post to these forums. As I said in one forum entry.. it’s like spitting into a gale.. and frankly I’m going to keep my face dry from now on.

Well Spoken!! I know I feel pretty much the same way. I Hope Anet realizes what they need to do, and do it quick. I really use to love Gw2. But now like you I log in for dailies, and then I just log out and play something else. Very sad if you ask me.

in WvW

Posted by: RodOfDeath.5247

RodOfDeath.5247

I feel ya OP, I don’t even go into wvw anymore. I spent a great deal of my gaming time in wvw, from launch till about a month ago. Just kinda gave up on the mode and maybe just log in to say hi to a few friends, figure out what mmo they are shooting for next and get their email.

They’ll keep making bonehead decisions, don’t worry. So just save yourself aggravation and enjoy another game. After all, it’s suppose to be a game and enjoyable.

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

I thought I was an addict with 5k hours and only a couple dozen missed dailies. Me and a friend still play but the enjoyment is fading. Still given the hours, hard to complain about how good the game is to keep us interested this long.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: Famine.7915

Famine.7915

cna i haz ur stuf?

Vee/Volk
Maguuma – Predatory Instinct [HUNT]
Necromancer

in WvW

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

If I didn’t have a number of disabilities and if I had an actual life, I’d have quit a long time ago. Unfortunately GW2 is one of the few releases I have for socializing and keeping a healthy brain.

I don’t know when I’ll be moving on but I do know that I won’t regret my time here. And you should feel the same, OP. Don’t live with regrets and don’t be upset because your time with something has passed. Feel happy that you felt happy and remember that moving on doesn’t have to mean letting go.

Revisit your memories often because only you can keep them alive. Good luck with where ever life takes you!

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

in WvW

Balthazzarr.1349

If I didn’t have a number of disabilities and if I had an actual life, I’d have quit a long time ago. Unfortunately GW2 is one of the few releases I have for socializing and keeping a healthy brain.

I don’t know when I’ll be moving on but I do know that I won’t regret my time here. And you should feel the same, OP. Don’t live with regrets and don’t be upset because your time with something has passed. Feel happy that you felt happy and remember that moving on doesn’t have to mean letting go.

Revisit your memories often because only you can keep them alive. Good luck with where ever life takes you!

Absolutely! I have zero regrets for buying this game and playing it. I have some real good friends in here which is the one thing that keeps me coming back. It’s that sense of belonging to a server that has been wiped out due to the linkings. I’ve seen so many of my friends leave WvW and a handful of them quit the game altogether.

I won’t quit GW2 for the one main reason that I do have people in there that I have fun with. Time zone differences make it hard to be online at the same time all the time so it’s bits and pieces here and there.

What I was really pointing out that due to the many changes that have made WvW so much non-fun I’ve given up expecting it to be different and have backed off WvW almost completely.

Thanks

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

-snip-

Same boat…. your turn to row.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

in WvW

Posted by: Diku.2546

Diku.2546

@Balthazzarr.1349

Totally agree with your observation & sentiments.

I’m basically in the same “boat”.

ANet basically spiked & shocked the WvW ecosystem with all their great ideas to improve it.

If you ever raised fish in an aquarium…you’ll understand that ANet probably over fed the upper tiers with fry from the lower tiers & caused a spike in ammonia levels in the ecosystem. Everything is turning toxic. Also, the severe PH levels are shocking the few survivors left on guest servers.

I’m almost certain ANet is still learning how to take care of the WvW Aquarium…and they’re killing off the lower ecosystem. Refusing to realize that they need to change the water & make adjustments to save things. In the end…their whole aquarium will crash…and the solution is to go out & “get” (f2p) more fish to replace the dead ones.

You, me, and very loyal WvW players that still believe in ANet will linger & come back here hoping beyond hope…that things will change.

Still singing my tune that there’s a better Long Term solution…imho.

For the Pass my brother in arms!
Diku

p.s.
ANet Revenue streams will continue on a downward trend as they loose players that used WvW as the “End Game” product to GW2. These players & communities that existed in the Lower Tiers by choice have no place to cling to and grow…there’s no Lower Tier communities of small fry to feed the Upper Tiers anymore…imho.

(edited by Diku.2546)

in WvW

Posted by: misterman.1530

misterman.1530

I’m with you. Have played maybe 2 hours since sometime last week. Sighed my way through most of that. Ever since the last “balance” patch, actually.

How does a developer at the level of Anet deploy something so broken (cannons)? In the face of that, how can we trust they know anything at all about balance? How can they possible state that necros are “…faring well…” then proceed to nerf a major source of condi damage that only worked in group play (needed heals)?

Can’t be bothered. In fact, uninstalled the game entirely, am so discouraged by it all.

in WvW

Posted by: babazhook.6805

babazhook.6805

It hard to accurately quantify what is really causing people to leave WvW.

Most that suggest WvW being ruined by ANET were here since the beginning and admit as much in their posts. ANY game that is new will seem much more entertaining then after having played it for years on end.

As example early on i just loved the PvE and would rarely go into WvW as there was so much “new and fun stuff” to do in Pve. There were also all types of professions and builds to test in the same, places to explore and events to enter. When I started a character from scratch it was always an adventure to enter a new area that was higher then the one I left where I could test those new skills and explore.

That NEW factor wore off over time. If a new area now added it can take a single day to explore fully. If I want to try a new build , I just use tomes to roll a level 80 as I have no need or desire to go through the grind of leveling from level 1. I have done that

I am going to suggest that much of the "It was better then " type sentiments are in fact “It was new then” and I am going to suggest that this not a lot different then those people that reflect on when they were younger in real life and how everything was so much better.

Well in some cases it certainly was, but not in all.

in WvW

Posted by: sigrdrifumal.3752

sigrdrifumal.3752

Agreed with OP. My love for this game is on life support. The only reason why I keep playing at all is my guild, and the videos of some really fun, memorable fights I recorded keep the dream alive. I miss my raggedy T7 server, even if sometimes it were dead, at least I felt some dedication to it. Capping an enemy keep brought some sort of pride. That in itself was reward enough for most WvW players, even before the reward tracks.

It bewilders me that Anet keeps introducing features that nobody asked for, while forgoing development of highly demanded changes. Things like separating PvE and WvW stats, build templates, or even just having more tournaments that didn’t burn people out. All these things could have been introduced. Instead, we get things like Dragon Banners and broken field siege and week-long golem zergs (granted, that example is a bit aged). No changes at all would have been better than these things.

To top it off, Anet kitten on small guilds like mine. We spent over a year getting it fully upgraded. We already did the work so we could upgrade objectives and provide our members with bonuses, yet they took it away. It really deflated our tires, and while we continue to recover, I doubt we will ever be fully upgraded again.

To Anet’s credit, some changes have been good and welcomed. Toning down some (not all) of the more annoying elite specs showed they have some interest in attempting to improve WvW. The reward tracks and bringing back the Alpine BLs also make me hopeful they’ll eventually get it right. But the current state of WvW makes it hard to log in.

I have been on lower tiers to upper tiers and everything in between. I chose my server for a reason, if I wanted to have these zergfests and queue’d maps, I would have transferred up. I’m not saying it’s wrong that people want bigger fights, but those who did, again, transferred up.

At this point I’d rather this server linking beta, and all the other beta tests, stop all together. Whether it be reverting back to eight tiers, or just merging the servers and letting the dust settle so we can choose our new home world and continue to beat each other up for no reason whatsoever.

in WvW

Balthazzarr.1349

It hard to accurately quantify what is really causing people to leave WvW.

Most that suggest WvW being ruined by ANET were here since the beginning and admit as much in their posts. ANY game that is new will seem much more entertaining then after having played it for years on end.

As example early on i just loved the PvE and would rarely go into WvW as there was so much “new and fun stuff” to do in Pve. There were also all types of professions and builds to test in the same, places to explore and events to enter. When I started a character from scratch it was always an adventure to enter a new area that was higher then the one I left where I could test those new skills and explore.

That NEW factor wore off over time. If a new area now added it can take a single day to explore fully. If I want to try a new build , I just use tomes to roll a level 80 as I have no need or desire to go through the grind of leveling from level 1. I have done that

I am going to suggest that much of the "It was better then " type sentiments are in fact “It was new then” and I am going to suggest that this not a lot different then those people that reflect on when they were younger in real life and how everything was so much better.

Well in some cases it certainly was, but not in all.

To me this is not a case of “it was new then”. The fact of the matter is that it WAS better then.

It’s a case of changes that happened that have truly pushed people not just out of WvW but out of GW2 altogether. The final straw for many of the people I know, including me, was the world linking. People can say all they want about the “dead” low servers, and “server pride doesn’t exist”… but those people obviously never were on the server I’m on… and mine isn’t the only one that feels this way. My points were made in my original post so I won’t rehash them here.. I just felt it was important to note that this is not about it not being new anymore… at all.

in WvW

Posted by: Peppel.9736

Peppel.9736

Heya

same here. We (guest server) die and that just makes me sad. I missing so much small scale fights with guild groups. I hate Qs and only blobfights. Thats no fun for me.

…………………….

I have made this thread for 2 months (after this linking)

Slow death of the “forgotten” Guest server

…………………….

And this thread was opened 6 months ago:
World linking and names [Merged]

……………………

We will see what will happen on friday … dont give the hope up

Tinka – Whiteside Ridge WSR - It’s a game, have fun and be kind to others
Slow-death-of-the-forgotten-Guest-server

in WvW

Balthazzarr.1349

What won’t happen is the removal of the world linking. Thanks to the poll they won’t take it away… sadly. All this means is that this Friday will be the same as the last several Friday night’s for me… I will NOT be online until sometime on the weekend, except to pop in to PvE and get the daily chest and maybe do the PvE dailies then head back offline.

As noted by me several times.. my days of WvW dedication simply don’t exist anymore.. period. Also, sadly I don’t think ANet even reads most of these… and if they do… well… I realize this is more for us to chat about what bugs us and not for them to take action… I know that won’t happen. :P

in WvW

Posted by: Brutal Augus.5917

Brutal Augus.5917

That’s an average of 5 hours per day. GW2 addiction or what?

5hours a day bro? Do you even no-life?

No but seriously, I think there are (obviously, since 90% of wow forums is threads like these) a lot of people that feel the way you do. Unfortunately however, I think everyone that chooses to continue playing wvw will have to at some point realize that the systems we both use and have used in this game variant are not the best considering the nature of the game. Years down the road in gw3(and if they even consider continuing to pursue a Realm vs Realm game variant) I only hope that they decide not to divide the populace initially with servers. It would be much better to pool teams from the entirety of the populace and setting teams accordingly as opposed to dividing the populace then limiting matchups that much more due to this. If they could but take what they have learned from AB in gw1 and WvW in gw2 and try to polish a game mode…that would be great.

[varX] Limitless Potential

(edited by Brutal Augus.5917)

in WvW

Diku.2546

That’s an average of 5 hours per day. GW2 addiction or what?

If they could but take what they have learned from AB in gw1 and WvW in gw2 and try to polish a game mode…that would be great.

I’d probably have to say that my daily average of 5 hours for WvW was similar, and the drop in play time is also similar to the OP.

I’ve “studied” AB from GW1 & WvW from GW2…because I’m a hardcore fan of the game. My articles come from this experience & love of this unique game.

ANet completely changed the dynamics of why players continue to play WvW & I don’t think they realize how fundamentally wrong it is to players & their bottom line.

Players return to GW2 because ANet created an End Game Product that still exists in WvW. It’s called Community. You’ll find out that the more chances that you provide for players to create Community…the more you’ll find out that they’ll buy gems just because they continue to play.

World Linking reduces the “surface area” for Communities to form and to simply “Exist”.

ANet reduced the “surface area” & chances for Communities to exist in the Lower Tiers when they introduced World Linking.

As players that liked the Lower Tiers quit due to the forced play in the Upper Tiers. ANet will find out the hard way that gem sales will trend to decline as these players leave their GW2 Universe.

ANet will have to depend only on the “surface area” of the Top Tier Servers to provide gem sales.

Previously…the Lower Tier Servers allowed for more “surface area”.

Players that wanted the high level zerg fight action…literally had to Move to the Upper Tiers themselves. World Linking now moves players directly into the Upper Tiers while Destroying the Community of the Lower Tiers.

All players want a free ride to the Upper Tiers, but at the cost of destroying the fragile Communities that used to exist in the Lower Tiers.

It’s a vicious cycle of Long Term declining gems revenue…imho

I still strongly believe WvW can be “fixed” with another solution that Does Not use World Linking, but instead Focuses on Building Community in the Long Term…for a more consistent & stable source of gem sales that ANet can depend upon.

(edited by Diku.2546)

in WvW

Balthazzarr.1349

@Diku: What you said about gems is so very true. Since linking my gem purchasing has dropped to about 1/5th of what it was and I’m not likely to be buying more gems anytime soon now. I don’t even care that much about finishing upgrades in the guild hall.

in WvW

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

The sad truth about linking is that they didn’t do it the required way in order to make it successful. My effective fix proposal to WvW involved the linking tech, but mandated that in order to work, server communities would need to remain. You should not feel like you’re fighting for another community’s success, and things like server-exclusive chat and server names of allied players (or some kind of indicator) should have been preserved.

I can’t stomach the profession balance very much at this point. ANet isn’t even trying to push for fun and unique gameplay concepts. A lot of it is just rather stupid.

As far as gems go, absolutely. I cut myself off last November with HoT. I will not fund the gem store until the game gets the attention it needs to be worth said purchases.

in WvW

Posted by: Thea Cherry.6327

Thea Cherry.6327

What won’t happen is the removal of the world linking. Thanks to the poll they won’t take it away… sadly. All this means is that this Friday will be the same as the last several Friday night’s for me… I will NOT be online until sometime on the weekend, except to pop in to PvE and get the daily chest and maybe do the PvE dailies then head back offline.

As noted by me several times.. my days of WvW dedication simply don’t exist anymore.. period. Also, sadly I don’t think ANet even reads most of these… and if they do… well… I realize this is more for us to chat about what bugs us and not for them to take action… I know that won’t happen. :P

Quite frankly iam sick of the world linking and due to that sick of the WvW alltogether…

That was the last straw with WvW for me, they messed things up big time, they never listend to the players (best example: EOTM critcs that were shut down). The list of theire failures is so long and most of the time they don’t admit. Meanwhile the WvW forum is dying to, cause the ANet folks only come out to praise theire newest madness (cannons).

Here is my personal list of failures:

- Golem week (why!?)
- Dessert BL (noone asked for it)
- EOTM (clusterkitten map for karmatrains, btw. exactly what some folks told them after the beta)
- still no fix to dmg at gates
- siegebreakers (were never needed if you know how to defend propally)
- no extra points for T1/2/3
- no rewards for scouting
- no real GvG Mode
- the butchering of small guilds (yeah lets all blobb alltogether x.x)
- no new tournaments
- no seperation for pve/pvp/wvw skills builds
- the mode is still not as rewarding as pve/pvp
- no knowledge of the basic problems (or they just don’t care)
- the long overdue of server shutdown (sorry, it is hart i know, but sooner or later it has to be done)
- server linking that only benefit linked servers, while taking away everything the solo server achieved (look at the EU Top 6)
- very very very very bad style of communicating with the players (polls LOL)
- the refusal to admit/see that the polls are being trolled all the time, because the options are both bad and you have to pick the lesser evil
- the WvW Map mix that always benefits the DBL
- it took FOUR years to implement a system to craft more than one superior siege weapon
- implementing PVE Events in WvW (Scarlett…)
- ignoring the nightcapping issue

Well, thats all i can remember right now…

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

I don’t even care that much about finishing upgrades in the guild hall.

The guild changes were handled incredibly poorly. Before the change, our small five active man guild managed to secure every upgrade through sheer play. Then they gutted our guild upgrades and changed guild upgrades from WvW play to PvE and craft grinding. Our “guild” is now just a short player list with no hall or upgrades.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

And you leave to nothingness there are simply no good rvr games out there and will not be for some time. That because RvR is not easy to get right its very hard to add new things with out creating major balancing problems. You must play for the fights or your going to burn out for rvr and pvp over all not just for gw2 but all games.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

in WvW

Xenesis.6389

And you leave to nothingness there are simply no good rvr games out there and will not be for some time. That because RvR is not easy to get right its very hard to add new things with out creating major balancing problems. You must play for the fights or your going to burn out for rvr and pvp over all not just for gw2 but all games.

Meh sometimes you just have to change it up and take a break from rvr too. Combat and balance is too messed up in the game to even enjoy fights anymore. Stealth will always be broken, condition vs power damage separation, the imbalance and separate ways to have to deal with them is showing major flaws to me.

My small guild also got hit, having to grind out upgrades we already had, grind out the other upgrades all in pve, plus all the wvw changes that affected small guilds gameplay, a year later the guild is fully upgraded but drop dead.

Yeah their isn’t much in choices for rvr games at the moment, but there are choices in other competitive areas, would imagine a chunk of wvw players moved to games like overwatch and eso.

There isn’t even anything major to look forward to for wvw, nothing, nada.

North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.

in WvW

Diku.2546

There isn’t even anything major to look forward to for wvw, nothing, nada.

Wish ANet would realize that the “End Game” product that was driving their GW2 gems sales in the Long Term was Player Communities.

Players return to play daily because they want to see their friends & family.

Providing lots of “surface areas” for Communities to be born, grow, die…and then be re-born again…is what will allow ANet to keep the embers burning & gems sales going strong in the future based on a Long Term strategy…imho

in WvW

Balthazzarr.1349

Keep this thread alive… maybe ( not likely ) but maybe someone that matters might take notice… :P

in WvW

Posted by: Mikhael.2391

Mikhael.2391

They wont. They dont care. Each balance patch that comes out seems to bring things only the minority asked for.

in WvW

Posted by: smashie.3074

smashie.3074

I thought I’ll give my two cents into this thread as well.

My girlfriend and I have played this game for over 2 years and we have well over 3,500 hours each, 90% of which I would wager is in WvW.

It’s been about a month since I last logged into Guild Wars and quite frankly it’s because of the server linking.
As seen in this thread:-
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/World-Linking-Feedback-merged/first

most of the things that I called out, I believe, has actually happened.

I chose a server that was not too low in population and not too high, a server that was just right, and nowadays we’re linked with servers in T1.

Quite frankly, there’s nothing for me in this game anymore as I can’t even solo a camp without a zerg flying past me.

The only thing that did tempt me back was to talk to my guild mates but even now, I’m struggling to even click the game.

I would argue that how WvW like previously was better for my own gaming perspective.

My girlfriend and I have moved on to playing other mmorpgs but we’ll be keeping an eye on this game with the hope that maybe, just maybe, we’ll be able to have fun in WvW again.

in WvW

Posted by: blitzkrieg.2451

blitzkrieg.2451

1. Adding a GvG environment that really supports that sort of play ALONE will bring back a lot of guilds and players to WvW.

2. Get rid of Desert BL , do you need a poll to really see that this was a horrible idea? Statistics alone from the time it was implemented should be enough to tell you it was a disaster.

3. Bonuses for roaming parties to encourage roaming again and small scale fights

Tanbin – Ranger / Thief / Ele
Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: dragonrage.8921

dragonrage.8921

I personally know a lot of folks that like the desert BL now that it has been modified. Its better for roaming in small groups and hinders the dominance of megablobs. Not everyone dislikes that map, while its not perfect its a change that’s clearly different from the alpine BL. The only thing i look questionably about is that anet never released the “forest/jungle” bl when they re-released the desert BL.

in WvW

Xenesis.6389

1. Adding a GvG environment that really supports that sort of play ALONE will bring back a lot of guilds and players to WvW.

2. Get rid of Desert BL , do you need a poll to really see that this was a horrible idea? Statistics alone from the time it was implemented should be enough to tell you it was a disaster.

3. Bonuses for roaming parties to encourage roaming again and small scale fights

1. Isn’t going to bring gvg back because combat is messed up since the expansion as well. A lot of them left from the stability change that turned the game into pirate ship meta. A lot of gvg players hate cheesy condition fights, that’s why whatever last remaining organized groups enjoyed the boon share meta so much, even if it was boring as f.

2. Did you miss the last 6 months and the fight with desert map polls? Bringing back alpine gave wvw a short boost sure, but it came back around when links and a some other changes like stability fix were made, so it’s real impact is unknown. Having all 3 maps as desert did have a negative impact for sure, but that issue has been settled, notice how many complain about desert these days? Changing 1 map out now isn’t going to bring back people, sorry, there are bigger issues in wvw than 1 map.

3. What kind of bonuses? stat bonuses are kinda out of the window, it’s been discussed and the impact it could have. Offer more reward bonuses? don’t know how motivating that would be, yay I get more rewards for playing by myself? There are other problems with roaming, namely if you’re going to roam you’ll most likely do it on a class built to do well in it, thief, mesmer, warrior, druid for the most part, that’s a class balance issue, plus the fact that a lot players these days like to do it in groups. As for small groups, like havoc groups, their effectiveness was taken away with changes with the expansion. If there’s constant complaints about how messed up spvp balance is, imagine how much worse it is for wvw.

in WvW

Posted by: Vavume.8065

Vavume.8065

Don’t leave now, they just introduced portable cannons!

Hello?

Hello??

Rofl, well played.

in WvW

Posted by: Halvorn.9831

Halvorn.9831

Personally I think you should look for a different game. Short notice: my server had queues on all maps yesterday and the opponent servers had them as well. Didn’t happen to me for a whole lot of months. Stop making yourself believe this game mode is dying. It isn’t. It’s just you being salty because it is not what YOU wanted. That’s ok, but accept that there are way enough players out here who do make your opinion look not so important in the big picture. The same happened to me with raids. Hated them, still hate them, hate the idea that items are hidden behind what I consider a crappy instanced group content, had to accept that I won’t change it. Moved on.

in WvW

Posted by: Napo.1230

Napo.1230

These posts resonate so much with me. I missed the HOT launch and only came back a few months ago, my only comment is “why anet….why”
Server linkings
Ridiculous balance
Insulting updates to give the illusion someone is behind the scenes “would you like siege cannons yes or no?”
“I’d rather you fixed the lag that’s been present since launch and did a balance that ended this bunker pirate ship meta (druids uninstall please) but erm I guess why not I’ll take a canon since the other option is the exact same just without a canon.”

I deffo got my money’s worth and had some real good times for that I’m very tthankful!!!

in WvW

Balthazzarr.1349

Personally I think you should look for a different game. Short notice: my server had queues on all maps yesterday and the opponent servers had them as well. Didn’t happen to me for a whole lot of months. Stop making yourself believe this game mode is dying. It isn’t. It’s just you being salty because it is not what YOU wanted. That’s ok, but accept that there are way enough players out here who do make your opinion look not so important in the big picture. The same happened to me with raids. Hated them, still hate them, hate the idea that items are hidden behind what I consider a crappy instanced group content, had to accept that I won’t change it. Moved on.

I think you might have missed the point of what many people are saying. Perhaps the ‘game mode’ that exists now isn’t dying since it seems to be running with people that will play it. But there are parts of the game that people really loved that aren’t a fact of life anymore… such as enough tiers that different styles of WvW play were really possible.

These days it’s really a blob fest for the most part. Of course last night there were big queues.. it was reset night, AND re-linking as well. Since my friends were on we went in to see what we could do and as usual, especially on reset night, it was impossible to even do a simple grab 10 sentry guild mission without being run over but no less than 15 people after managing to hit just 2 sentries.

You like things this way and that’s great, I don’t hold anything against you for it. But please don’t trash out on the people that actually like a different way of playing WvW. What you said about our that opinions (“look not so important”) is exactly what we are talking about. Your friends may all be staying as many are, but I have now seen at least 10 of my own friends stop playing gw2 altogether, and many other people I know have the same story about people they know.

Being a ‘borg’ drone will never be what I enjoy.

in WvW

Diku.2546

Upper Tier Communities are perfectly fine & benefit from World Linking that infuses them with fresh bodies from the Lower Tiers.

This thread is about the Lost Lower Tier Communities that are under constant & consistent pressure to eek out an exisitence without an identity & the Lost Play Styles that was nurtured there.

Prior to World Linking…Communities that found a way to survive without any zerg type fighting evolved in these Lower Tiers…other Play Styles were allowed & enjoyed.

Prior to World Linking…players that wanted to find any Zerg type fight action had to Literally Move their account to an Upper Tier Host Server.

World Linking now forces Lower Tier Servers & their Communities into a Play Style that simply goes against what they evolved into…just to give Free Transfers to players that want to Zerg.

I’m guessing you’re on a Top Tier Host Server, or you’re from a Lower Guest Server that enjoys these Free Transfers.

Guild Officers from Lower Tier Guest Servers will know what I’m talking about when I say Community is Dead & World Linking is the major reason behind it.

The game mode is flawed. It functions but many built-in mechanics will forever keep it from evolving into something epic.

This game mode has the potential to become the next eSport SuperBowl Franchise, but won’t if ANet continues to use World Linking…imho

Appreciate your advice about accepting things & moving on, but “a few” here will continue to encourage ANet to fix WvW…because there’s still hope that the potential can become a reality.

ANet needs a better Vision & Long Term Solution…imho

(edited by Diku.2546)

in WvW

Balthazzarr.1349

It is finally done for me regardless of all this rhetoric. I have lost ALL interest in WvW.

I will now just focus on building my guild in PvE. It was a fun run but now even my guild missions will be PvE

in WvW

Posted by: joneirikb.7506

joneirikb.7506

:(

Was looking forward to finally get to run with you some day now that we where linked again.

Elrik Noj (Norn Guardian, Kaineng [SIN][Owls])
“Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth.”
“The objective is to win. The goal is to have fun.”

in WvW

Balthazzarr.1349

Hey! If I see you online I will msg and join you if you are in there.

in WvW

Balthazzarr.1349

Obviously I haven’t gone away. I have found some new life in the way of some awesome guild members and friends that continue to hang in there. I have also found new direction in WvW and that is simply doing what seems to be fun at the moment. Score means nothing. Tier means nothing. If I defend I do it because the mood hits… if I zerg (rarely) I do it just for fun… mostly if I’m in WvW I’m roaming alone or with friends… The intense focus and dedication to keeping all the land my own colour has faded with the move away from the way things once were.

It’s all good for me though really… having fun again, my own way. Rock on!