PvE ascended armor in WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Zylonite.5913

Zylonite.5913

Why is the game starting to push for more restricted grindy work and require more golds to get better stats? Why can’t I just play more WvW to become a better player without visiting the PvE land?

I thought this MMO was meant to have less grind and be less gear centric than other MMOs?

Ref: reddit/Serbaayuu

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-09-27-guild-wars-2-preview

Eurogamer: How are you handling endgame loot – will we be farming bosses?

Colin Johanson: Everyone, including casual gamers, by level 80 should have the best statistical loot in the game. We want everyone on an equal power base. The rare stuff becomes the really awesome looking armours. It’s all about collecting the unique looking stuff and collecting all the other rare collectable items in the game

Betrayed by the gods of ANet

in WvW

Posted by: Solstice.1097

Solstice.1097

If they just gave ascended armor the ability to change stats OOC and maybe add some cool visual effects or even the ability to change the look of it that would be enough to make it worth grinding out as a PvE player without having to add stat bonuses.

Why do PvE players need stat bonuses? It’s not like ANY PvE content is so hard that you’ll need it.

in WvW

Posted by: root.9415

root.9415

If they just gave ascended armor the ability to change stats OOC and maybe add some cool visual effects or even the ability to change the look of it that would be enough to make it worth grinding out as a PvE player without having to add stat bonuses.

Why do PvE players need stat bonuses? It’s not like ANY PvE content is so hard that you’ll need it.

Couldn’t have said it any better
+1

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

OOC stat change I would be happy grinding for. Stats increase is definitely what we’re getting instead though.

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

I still don’t have my ascended weapon. Not enough dragonite ore, lol.

Guess I’ll have to improve my play skill more …. Cos it’s highly unlikely I will grind for gear.

I guess it won’t be that bad, it wasn’t a big deal to face opponents with leech/fortitude wearing only two ascended trinkets and none of those buffs.

Something for me to shoot for I guess.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Posted by: Sororita.3465

Sororita.3465

I dont know about that, i was spamming one for a good few hours, nearly had to press two…very stressful.

Commander Starlight Honeybuns[BUNS]
Timelord to Lillium Honeybuns, IoJ
Forever together, or not at all.

in WvW

Posted by: Fortus.6175

Fortus.6175

basically this

[GoM] Gate of Madness Server Elementalist|Guardian
Legendary SoloQ

in WvW

Posted by: deracs.1762

deracs.1762

Personally I think I would prefer it if WvW gear was like sPvP. Let the rest remain the same and working towards rank titles etc. For the pure WvW players, crafting is a negative. Having said that WvW is supposed to be a mixture of pvp and PvE so I get it. Getting exotic gear with badges was a nice touch, maybe would be nice if we could get ascended armor with some combo of badges and ascended T7 crafting mats, but I doubt that will happen for a long time

in WvW

Posted by: Nikkinella.8254

Nikkinella.8254

I doubt it will be any harder to get than ascended weapons. I have 6 already purely from doing stuff in WvW. If you’ve been collecting all that crap since they introduced ascended weapons, you should have more than enough by now to make several weapons. I rarely do anything in PvE except when a friend wants me to do an occasional fractal with them. And I’m really, really lazy when it comes to crafting and grinding for gear. If I can do it, ANYONE can do it.

in WvW

Posted by: Khayoss.2019

Khayoss.2019

Ascended weapons from crafting were incredibly easy to get. You really don’t need to venture out from the world of WvW to get the stuff… And crafting to 500 doesn’t take that long. I’ve got enough dragonite in the bank to make 5 pieces of armor – I think. – when it finally launches, and I got it all from WvW, and that’s the hardest part to get. I think by disagreeing with Ascended armor we are essentially drawing a line in the sand against crafting. Ascended trinkets already drop in WvW from lords and chests, its just slower than crafting.

Khayoss / Khayotica / Mistasia
Ehmry Bay – The Rally Bot Vortex [VOID]

in WvW

Nikkinella.8254

Ascended weapons from crafting were incredibly easy to get. You really don’t need to venture out from the world of WvW to get the stuff… And crafting to 500 doesn’t take that long. I’ve got enough dragonite in the bank to make 5 pieces of armor – I think. – when it finally launches, and I got it all from WvW, and that’s the hardest part to get. I think by disagreeing with Ascended armor we are essentially drawing a line in the sand against crafting. Ascended trinkets already drop in WvW from lords and chests, its just slower than crafting.

Exactly. The people against it are just even lazier than I am. It takes no effort at all to get it in wvw. And it’s not like you have to zerg at all to get it. I go out of my way to avoid my zerg most of the time and run around alone. But, I pay attention to map chat. When a commander says that they’re taking a keep or something, I rush over to get in on that. Why would I pass up effortless free stuff? It’s really just laziness on their part.

in WvW

Posted by: Tachii.3506

Tachii.3506

Ascended armor is pretty much for FotM when it comes to PvE. The extra slots for more agony resistance.

And I hear the armor don’t use dragonite ore, lol.

SBI – Thief and the occasional Guardian & Warrior.

in WvW

Posted by: Tajz.9826

Tajz.9826

Dragonite ore is not so easy for hardcore WvWer especially Tier1. As it’s not easy to take down keeps, unless it’s karma train on friday or some sort. If you’re tier2/3 with less to none sieged T3 keeps, then you’re good with dragonite ores.

Well if u’re tier1 player like me and in short of dragonite ores, i suggested you take time to farm some world boss/temple boss. It’s easy chunk of dragonites there.

[LP][HB]Nirvii, Proud Elementalist of Thai Alliance
Commander of Blackgate
Vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyRsSk4l0T4

in WvW

Khayoss.2019

Then in T1 if stuff doesn’t change hands often enough then you will have to spend some time in PvE I guess…. Dragon timers make that easy though. To be honest to get my achievements for those dragon events I guested to JQ and BG. You guys have the best PvE coverage as far as I can see, and the dragon fights are actually fun if you do them occasionally. You choose to be on an overcrowded server, so that choice may necessitate some sacrifice in the order of doing a small amount of PvE. And if what was said above that it won’t require dragonite, that’s even easier. I have a bank area stacked with T5 and T6 mats all from WvW too… If you aren’t vendoring everything you get then T1 players should have that at least too right?

in WvW

Posted by: CreativeAnarchy.6324

CreativeAnarchy.6324

Then in T1 if stuff doesn’t change hands often enough then you will have to spend some time in PvE I guess…. Dragon timers make that easy though. To be honest to get my achievements for those dragon events I guested to JQ and BG. You guys have the best PvE coverage as far as I can see, and the dragon fights are actually fun if you do them occasionally. You choose to be on an overcrowded server, so that choice may necessitate some sacrifice in the order of doing a small amount of PvE. And if what was said above that it won’t require dragonite, that’s even easier. I have a bank area stacked with T5 and T6 mats all from WvW too… If you aren’t vendoring everything you get then T1 players should have that at least too right?

I know of a player that stands guard a lot. They offer to do it, but it also means they don’t get a lot of loot since they are not in fights very often. We do rotate our guards, but they tend to do that way more than others.

I would not mind seeing more options to get the best in slot gear for WvW players. Pure badges should also be the currency. I feel laurels create too much of a time gate just for the sake of having stuff take longer to get.

I speak for my self and no one else. Only fools believe they speak for a majority.

(edited by CreativeAnarchy.6324)

in WvW

Khayoss.2019

I get that, guarding and scouting are the most under-appreciated acts in WvW. However, the rest of the team that benefits from those actions need to step up and reward that action in the absence of a game mechanic that does so. Our raid leaders send gold and mats to our scouts in lieu of what they would receive in the field of combat because our whole guild benefits from their actions… if others are similarly sacrificing their time to make your game experience better, then show your appreciation for it so that they don’t have to be held back for their generosity with their playtime! Power’s in your hands man!

in WvW

Nikkinella.8254

^ I think that’s something all wvwers can agree on regarless of whether you like the idea of ascended gear or not. Badges are useless right now and something needs to be done with them. Make it for an obscene amount of badges if you have to, I don’t care. They should just remove all the other costs from gear in wvw and make it pure badges. I had about 20k at one point but wasted a lot of them getting gear for alts and trying out different builds and am back down to like 5k right now. I know a few people nearing 100k in badges. Im glad this crap doesn’t take up inventory space anymore atleast but come on Anet, do something with them!

in WvW

Posted by: ankdarkwolf.1487

ankdarkwolf.1487

I’d really don’t mind about ascended if i could have balance with the currencies.

From www we have basically 2 main useless currencies: karma and badges. The issue is that compared to other currencies, like gold and dungeon tokens our two currencies are quite useless and not convertible, not only about ascended things but also about general game needs.

In 3-4 hours of dungeoning you can get 30-70 gold + salvageable gear + tokens, all 3 of these basically cover the whole game needs and allow you to craft to 500 and your ascended in about a week (depending on the time limit craft of course).

www currencies instead:

- Karma: no ascended things for karma, you can’t buy weapons, you can’t buy exclusive runes, exotic trinkets stats available are limited, exotic armor stats available are limited, all the items bought are not salvageable so you can’t use them to get some globs or dark matter or to recover a rune you had (except by transmuting but i guess even a divinity rune is cheaper than that :P), no skins available.

- Badges: to get ascended/exotic things with badges you still need gold, globs of ectoplasm and laurels, no exotic trinkets except pvt, no exclusive runes, only 4 kind of skins that you can get everywhere else and again… all the things you buy with badges are not salvageable.

We can understand that they want www players to be, compared to a pve pro: poor as hell, less stats, shabby dressed, rusty weapons… And do not joke around! Town clothes and toys are OP, do not fix them, remove them, this is zeriouz biz.

Like this? o.o

Maeeve – The Unlikely Plan (TUP) – Cute! <3

in WvW

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

I dont know about that, i was spamming one for a good few hours, nearly had to press two…very stressful.

In frostgorge I accidentally hit skill 3, and was flooded with PM’s. HOW DO YOU DO THAT SKILL…. Hax…

in WvW

Jayne.9251

I doubt it will be any harder to get than ascended weapons. I have 6 already purely from doing stuff in WvW. If you’ve been collecting all that crap since they introduced ascended weapons, you should have more than enough by now to make several weapons. I rarely do anything in PvE except when a friend wants me to do an occasional fractal with them. And I’m really, really lazy when it comes to crafting and grinding for gear. If I can do it, ANYONE can do it.

I don’t zerg. I still don’t have my first weapon. But I suppose that’s my choice of play. I just really dislike zerging, and if the gear is gotten the same way, I likely will never get it

in WvW

Nikkinella.8254

I don’t zerg. I still don’t have my first weapon. But I suppose that’s my choice of play. I just really dislike zerging, and if the gear is gotten the same way, I likely will never get it

I don’t zerg either. i’m roaming solo or with my guild most of the time. and my guild is only like 5 people. You just have to pay attention to map chat. when someone says they’re taking a tower, run over and get in on it. that’s what I do.

in WvW

Posted by: Delvoire.8930

Delvoire.8930

There really is no excuse for someone in WvW to not be able to craft Ascended Weapons and Armor.

You get the mats from killing the Lords.. you get the mats from taking the camps… you get mats from salvaging the hundreds of greens and blues you compile while collecting bags. you get heavy bags with the more mats. You get gold.. Not to mention all of the maps for WvW are littered with the gathering nodes you need for crafting as well.

To say you don’t have the means to get these things is ludicrous. To use the excuses that you don’t zerg, you like to scout, or you use all your gold on siege is just an excuse. If you really wanted to get the Ascended stuff, you’d take 30 minutes or more and aim at the mats you need.

80 ~Thief~ Isabella Angel | 80 ~Eng~ Ratchet McClank
80 ~Warrior~ Delvoire | 80 ~Ele~ Azalea Avenir
80 ~ Guardian~ Rag Nor | Server ~ FA

in WvW

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

the only thing that’s wrong with ascended weapons is the fact that you have to be the crafter to make the stuff and you can’t buy the weapons on the TP like you can with exotics. Hopefully they resolved this issue with the armor (yea, I know… wishful thinking). There’s nothing else wrong with ascended gear in WvW.

If they make it alt friendly, even if it’s expensive, who cares?

in WvW

Posted by: K U T M.4539

K U T M.4539

There really is no excuse for someone in WvW to not be able to craft Ascended Weapons and Armor.

You get the mats from killing the Lords.. you get the mats from taking the camps… you get mats from salvaging the hundreds of greens and blues you compile while collecting bags. you get heavy bags with the more mats. You get gold.. Not to mention all of the maps for WvW are littered with the gathering nodes you need for crafting as well.

To say you don’t have the means to get these things is ludicrous. To use the excuses that you don’t zerg, you like to scout, or you use all your gold on siege is just an excuse. If you really wanted to get the Ascended stuff, you’d take 30 minutes or more and aim at the mats you need.

I have 32 Dragonite Ore.

I play 3+ Hours of wvw a day.

I’ve crafted no ascended.

I have 19 stacks of Empyreal fragments.

I have MAYBE 10 Dark Matter. so much exos from wvw rite
E: Majority of my Dark Matter came from salvaging a set of zerk armor I used for pve twice. So maybe 2 from wvw so far.

Basic [BS] NSP/Mag

(edited by K U T M.4539)

in WvW

Posted by: nirvana.8245

nirvana.8245

They need stat bonus’ so they can complete the content quicker. More crits and higher crit damage yo.

As for the ascended armor, this is really worrying to me. I hope they don’t make it too time gated and take into consideration the fact that some people run 8 alts.

in WvW

Delvoire.8930

I have 32 Dragonite Ore.

You have gold and karma right?

Take 3 gold and go buy some very cheap Exos on the TP. You can find some for under 1 gold. Salvage and you’ll find some dark matter…… I spent 5 gold the other day on this as I needed about 10 dark matter to finish my Ascended Weapon. Bought 6 exotics, salvaged and ended up with 15 Dark Matter.

Take a quick WP to Orr and grab some Jewelery Boxes with your Karma. You’ll get more karma, gold, and Obsidian Stones. Now go take your stacks of Empyreal and craft them into Empyreal Stars…

I mean.. C’mon. Again, just excuses. I will admit that the Dragonite Ore is the one thing that can be more tricky to pile up on as you need to take Keeps to get that. I play WvW for far less than 3 hours a day though and can easily jump in and take 2 or 3 keeps with a group that is already doing that very thing.

in WvW

K U T M.4539

I have 32 Dragonite Ore.

Take 3 gold and go buy some very cheap Exos on the TP. You can find some for under 1 gold. Salvage and you’ll find some dark matter…… I spent 5 gold the other day on this as I needed about 10 dark matter to finish my Ascended Weapon. Bought 6 exotics, salvaged and ended up with 15 Dark Matter.

Take a quick WP to Orr and grab some Jewelery Boxes with your Karma. You’ll get more karma, gold, and Obsidian Stones. Now go take your stacks of Empyreal and craft them into Empyreal Stars…

I mean.. C’mon. Again, just excuses. I will admit that the Dragonite Ore is the one thing that can be more tricky to pile up on as you need to take Keeps to get that. I play WvW for far less than 3 hours a day though and can easily jump in and take 2 or 3 keeps with a group that is already doing that very thing.

Except, having 4 alts, I spend my karma on trinkets. 42kx4x2 because one build is boring.

I roam, I don’t take keeps, maybe one every week.

“hey lets make the most braindead stuff the most rewarding guise”

Basic [BS] NSP/Mag

in WvW

Nikkinella.8254

Again, you’re making excuses. I have several alts as well. I got enough Ascended gear for my main and i’m now going to start gearing up my alts. I don’t zerg, I roam. But I also pay attention to map chat and if they say “were taking the enemy’s keep, we need everyone here!” I go there to get the dragonite. Like the other guys said, there is really no excuse at all why anyone in WvW can’t get several ascended weapons fairly easily. I’ve done it, so can you. If you really wanted the weapons, you’d make the effort to get them. Do you want them to just fall in your lap as soon as you enter one of the battlegrounds?

(edited by Nikkinella.8254)

in WvW

Delvoire.8930

I have 32 Dragonite Ore.

Except, having 4 alts, I spend my karma on trinkets. 42kx4x2 because one build is boring.

I roam, I don’t take keeps, maybe one every week.

“hey lets make the most braindead stuff the most rewarding guise”

I have 5 toons I play.. All I am saying is that it’s easily possible to go out and achieve this. You’re basically saying that you’re personal play style doesn’t equate to earning these mats and thus getting an Ascended weapon. That’s not the fault of the game though.

I float around 1,000,000 Karma. When I hit that, I head to orr and drop 200k on boxes so I can get the shards I need. Even with your breakdown above, you’re only looking at 336,000 karma which to me, isn’t much.

We can agree to disagree on this. At the end of the day though, you can get the mats you need. You just have to want to get them and you have to go and get them. They won’t fall in your lap.

in WvW

aspirine.6852

We can agree to disagree on this. At the end of the day though, you can get the mats you need. You just have to want to get them and you have to go and get them. They won’t fall in your lap.

And there lies the problem does it not. You cannot get the gear or weapons by playing the game and having fun. You need to stop that and farm mats.
It’s a basic flaw imo to force people to craft because the drops in this game are so kitten horrid.

in WvW

Jayne.9251

I don’t zerg either. i’m roaming solo or with my guild most of the time. and my guild is only like 5 people. You just have to pay attention to map chat. when someone says they’re taking a tower, run over and get in on it. that’s what I do.

Yeah sadly, I’m often on the opposite side of the map scouting when they are flipping towers and keeps, watching enemy movement. It’s ok, it’s my choice, and what I feel contributes most to my server. Because of the way I play (and I know I’m not alone out there), I will likely never get ascended gear. Will just have to improve my skill on my class to compensate.

in WvW

K U T M.4539

Will just have to improve my skill on my class to compensate.

Yep.

Siege will be thrown on all with ascended armor.

Basic [BS] NSP/Mag

in WvW

Delvoire.8930

And there lies the problem does it not. You cannot get the gear or weapons by playing the game and having fun. You need to stop that and farm mats.
It’s a basic flaw imo to force people to craft because the drops in this game are so kitten horrid.

You misconstrue what I said. I’m not saying farm.. I’m saying you can’t stand at the edge of SMC scouting for 3 straight hours and expect to get rewards and drops. You have to do objectives or events in which this entire game is built around to get rewards.

You can’t hang out in LA and get rewards, you’ll need to do a dungeon every now and then or a LS event or something.

That’s the point I’m trying to make. You have to be proactive in getting these mats. You don’t need to farm though. You don’t need to be in a champ train or karma train to get these achievements. Do they make it easier? Sure.

in WvW

aspirine.6852

Well I play WvW a lot, which is also a karma train, and sometimes champ train. Yet I do not get the stuff that I require to make my ascended weapons.
I just wish that there was some really akward way this game rewards you new things, perhaps let’s say how all other games do it by dropping them or rewarding them from quests..

in WvW

Posted by: sminkiottone.6972

sminkiottone.6972

I’m more worried about the build diversity, most people will stick to the current meta.

But then what happens when the meta changes ? will it ever change after Ascended armors ?

And, will we be able to have more than 1 build ? and what about our alts ?

Imho ascended will cripple WvW

in WvW

Posted by: DeadlySynz.3471

DeadlySynz.3471

Exactly. The people against it are just even lazier than I am. It takes no effort at all to get it in wvw. And it’s not like you have to zerg at all to get it. I go out of my way to avoid my zerg most of the time and run around alone. But, I pay attention to map chat. When a commander says that they’re taking a keep or something, I rush over to get in on that. Why would I pass up effortless free stuff? It’s really just laziness on their part.

Pretty much this. Many people say WvW isn’t good for loot or not lucrative.. when in fact it’s quite the opposite.

I remember grinding my ascended weapon in PvE (how foolish) by doing every world boss event I could, then I ran into a wall, I was severely lacking those empyreal fragments or whatever they’re called. I went back into WvW (I used to play everyday), and bam, got enough fragments in 2-3 days.

Fast forward.. 3 weeks later, I have my ascended weapon and I’m sitting on hoards of both dragonite ore and those fragments. Problem is though, you have to be on a server that has the ability to continually take objectives. In a heavy mismatch where the server is continually outnumbered, I can see where this may be a huge problem.

in WvW

Posted by: Elmo Benchwarmer.3025

Elmo Benchwarmer.3025

The current implementation of ascended gear is a disaster. Because it only rewards one play style it forces everyone to do the same: follow the karma train through the borderland. It makes every other secondary activity non profitable, even punishes them. But a healthy games needs exactly that: freedom for the player and player driven activities. A shopping list and a time table destroy the fun.

in WvW

Posted by: ikereid.4637

ikereid.4637

If you are doing WvW correctly, you are NOT getting that many Mats (T6 OR Ascended). The players that are ‘farming’ are the ones that cause issues for the other players in WvW.

Those that are defending, building up Siege, planning and placing upgrades. Get NOTHING towards crafting Ascended Gear.

The way WvW rewards players is very broken. You only get rewards if you go on the offensive, and either Camp Flip to take towers and keeps. In the current Meta/Season this was not always possible in the silver league during ‘players hour’. Sure you can camp Flip (if your roaming team of 4-6 didn’t encounter a zerg on their way to Hills or Bay), but Forget trying to take a tower or keep.

But, GW2 is not only WvW, its also PvE. And That is how rewards here are handed out (via Both). So those of you that expect to only be in WvW, expect to be getting the short end of the stick there.

However, between my once a week ‘world Boss train’ farm, and my Nightly (4-6hours on average) WvW participation I have STACKS and STACKs of the Ascended Materials. I just have yet to craft any of that garbage (Sorry, I don’t agree with Ascended, 5-10% above Exotics with the time/Crafting Investment, Don’t think so).

So, why are you all complaining exactly? There are numerous ways to obtain what you are after. Just put the PvE hat on ONCE A WEEK, and you’ll be good to go.

Desktop: 4790k@4.6ghz-1.25v, AMD 295×2, 32GB 1866CL10 RAM, 850Evo 500GB SSD
Laptop: M6600 – 2720QM, AMD HD6970M, 32GB 1600CL9 RAM, Arc100 480GB SSD

in WvW

Posted by: arKRazor.8654

arKRazor.8654

I have 32 Dragonite Ore.

So you are saying you get 6-15 dragonite a day by waltzing into keep takes during matchups that have been reportedly lopsided in your favor anyway. That’s still 33-83 days per weapon. Go to PvE, put in the same time, and you’ll get enough dragonite in a few days. The argument is valid.

I will say that strictly PvE players complain about the scarcity of empyreal fragments, so we are somewhat spoiled in that regard.

It seems that if you want ascended gear in a timely manner you will have to vary your playstyle… not strictly a bad thing… but it feels like a grind if you don’t enjoy PvE.

Halfpint Sapper – Poorly-traited Asuran Engineer/CatHound/Part-time Warbanner

Devona’s Rest [OHai][GloB]

(edited by arKRazor.8654)

in WvW

Posted by: Elmo Benchwarmer.3025

Elmo Benchwarmer.3025

But the point is I don’t want to PvE. It’s my free time. I want to spend my free time the way I enjoy most. The moment the game forces you to do a certain thing in order to keep playing something is definitely wrong. That’s the moment it stops being fun and it becomes a chore.

/EDIT
Apart from acquiring the gear I’m also dreading the massive power creep. Fighting is become more and more stale with every addition of ascended gear. Between food buffs, WXP ranks and Bloolust it all boils down to who brings the biggest gun. Comebacks unlike in sPvP (despite the absence of proper balancing) become far and few between.

(edited by Elmo Benchwarmer.3025)

in WvW

Delvoire.8930

So you are saying you get 6-15 dragonite a day by waltzing into keep takes during matchups that have been reportedly lopsided in your favor anyway. That’s still 33-83 days per weapon. Go to PvE, put in the same time, and you’ll get enough dragonite in a few days. The argument is valid.

Yeah, the Dragonite is the tricky one. Especially if you’re on a low pop server or lower tier WvW server. I was lucky enough that I have commanders on nearly all times of the day and am able to join up in TS and follow them to victory and loot.

Honestly the best place I’ve seen that drops Dragonite is from dungeon runs or Temple runs. This would involve WvW only players to journey outside that foray though.

in WvW

Posted by: arKRazor.8654

arKRazor.8654

Yeah, the Dragonite is the tricky one. Especially if you’re on a low pop server or lower tier WvW server. I was lucky enough that I have commanders on nearly all times of the day and am able to join up in TS and follow them to victory and loot.

Honestly the best place I’ve seen that drops Dragonite is from dungeon runs or Temple runs. This would involve WvW only players to journey outside that foray though.

Yeah, I basically slink off every now and then to swoop in on the last stage of a temple on a different server. That or I go poke the MK II golem since it can be solo’d no matter how dead your PvE scene is.

Halfpint Sapper – Poorly-traited Asuran Engineer/CatHound/Part-time Warbanner

Devona’s Rest [OHai][GloB]

in WvW

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

The only thing that concerns me about ascended armor is the likely outcome that heavies will see more of a benefit from it due to a higher % increase in armor. Making oft played warriors and guards that much stronger in comparison.

in WvW

Delvoire.8930

The only thing that concerns me about ascended armor is the likely outcome that heavies will see more of a benefit from it due to a higher % increase in armor. Making oft played warriors and guards that much stronger in comparison.

An Ascended Weapon would nullify this change though, would it now?

Currently everyone runs exotics with some now getting Ascended Weapons. So currently they have the edge. When Ascended Armor comes, this then would bring everything back to when everyone had Exotic’s. Am I thinking about this wrong?

Also remember that just because Ascended Armor comes, it’s going to take a truly dedicated person at least a few weeks if not months to get a full set of Ascended Armor.

in WvW

Khayoss.2019

But the point is I don’t want to PvE. It’s my free time. I want to spend my free time the way I enjoy most. The moment the game forces you to do a certain thing in order to keep playing something is definitely wrong. That’s the moment it stops being fun and it becomes a chore.

I don’t really get this attitude. Maybe it’s the old school gamer in me, but I just don’t see what the big deal is. You don’t want to go do PvE? Great, don’t. No body is holding a gun to your head and forcing you to get ascended armor. The difference in stats is just a few points and is not going to make bad players indestructible.

And this stuff isn’t even a grind! Guild Wars 2 has absolutely no long drawn out challenging items to acquire in comparison to other games. In Vanguard I literally spent 2 weeks alone on an island devoid of all player activity hunting the same mobs in order to get an ultra rare instrument for my bard. Back in original EQ days we had epic quests that were truly epic – multiple boss mobs that were on two, three, four day spawn timers that would maybe drop one of the item you wanted, that you then had to /random against all of the other players who also needed it to attain their epics. Boss spawns at 4am and you are asleep? Too bad, better luck next week. This game is an absolute joke for how easy it is to get the ‘rare’ stuff, and yet people still complain that it’s not just handed to them when they log in.

Honestly, what do we want ANet to do? Keep track of how much time we spend in a tower twiddling our thumbs or building arrow carts, and then send us a legendary for our efforts? Not to minimize those efforts, we all do them because that’s what it takes to win… but seriously, how in the world can ANet truly reward those basic parts of WvW? They would be so easily botted and exploited it wouldn’t be funny, and we would have an army of new PvE’ers running into keeps and building 100 rams to ‘achieve’ something. And even if you are on a server where stuff doesn’t flip that often, there’s open field fighting, and players drop loot too when they are killed. T1-ers can maybe legitimately complain about Dragonite drop rates in WvW – I personally think the drop rate should be modified by how long the keep has been owned – but if it’s true that an evening of WvW is 4 hours of ZvZvZ with nothing flipping, that’s still 100’s if not 1000’s of players being killed on a nightly basis and dropping bags/chests. I’m on a lowly 4th place silver server and last week I got nearly 2000 kills + 45 rank chests – amid days of scouting and upgrading and watching our side of EBG at that. I’ve seen the FA and SBI zergs recently. I’ve seen TC back in the day and know what kind of numbers are out there… the loot you can farm against that number of people is incredible. So, are we also drawing lines in the sand against having to go out and PK in a PvP mode too?

The ‘best/most unique/coolest’ equipment in any game should involve – to an extent – participation in each aspect of the game – and that includes crafting or any other alternate advancement or gaming method the game includes. It’s there as a carrot to branch out and try everything. It’s not a requirement in order to play, and you aren’t less of a person for not having it… but if you desperately want it you have to be willing to earn it. Not just throw a tantrum because you can’t get it by standing around and watching the game be played.

in WvW

Posted by: Banono.4597

Banono.4597

I just made a thread in the Suggestions forum about this topic; https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Non-crafting-options/first#post3320316

TL;DR? – I find crafting anti-fun and would love for them to be like the trinkets or some other way (I don’t care if it is twice as long and a waste of tons of gold) as long as I don’t have to sit in front of a station leveling up crafting.

in WvW

Delvoire.8930

I don’t really get this attitude. Maybe it’s the old school gamer in me, but I just don’t see what the big deal is. You don’t want to go do PvE? Great, don’t. No body is holding a gun to your head and forcing you to get ascended armor. The difference in stats is just a few points and is not going to make bad players indestructible.

And this stuff isn’t even a grind! Guild Wars 2 has absolutely no long drawn out challenging items to acquire in comparison to other games. In Vanguard I literally spent 2 weeks alone on an island devoid of all player activity hunting the same mobs in order to get an ultra rare instrument for my bard. Back in original EQ days we had epic quests that were truly epic – multiple boss mobs that were on two, three, four day spawn timers that would maybe drop one of the item you wanted, that you then had to /random against all of the other players who also needed it to attain their epics. Boss spawns at 4am and you are asleep? Too bad, better luck next week. This game is an absolute joke for how easy it is to get the ‘rare’ stuff, and yet people still complain that it’s not just handed to them when they log in.

Honestly, what do we want ANet to do? Keep track of how much time we spend in a tower twiddling our thumbs or building arrow carts, and then send us a legendary for our efforts? Not to minimize those efforts, we all do them because that’s what it takes to win… but seriously, how in the world can ANet truly reward those basic parts of WvW? They would be so easily botted and exploited it wouldn’t be funny, and we would have an army of new PvE’ers running into keeps and building 100 rams to ‘achieve’ something. And even if you are on a server where stuff doesn’t flip that often, there’s open field fighting, and players drop loot too when they are killed. T1-ers can maybe legitimately complain about Dragonite drop rates in WvW – I personally think the drop rate should be modified by how long the keep has been owned – but if it’s true that an evening of WvW is 4 hours of ZvZvZ with nothing flipping, that’s still 100’s if not 1000’s of players being killed on a nightly basis and dropping bags/chests. I’m on a lowly 4th place silver server and last week I got nearly 2000 kills + 45 rank chests – amid days of scouting and upgrading and watching our side of EBG at that. I’ve seen the FA and SBI zergs recently. I’ve seen TC back in the day and know what kind of numbers are out there… the loot you can farm against that number of people is incredible. So, are we also drawing lines in the sand against having to go out and PK in a PvP mode too?

The ‘best/most unique/coolest’ equipment in any game should involve – to an extent – participation in each aspect of the game – and that includes crafting or any other alternate advancement or gaming method the game includes. It’s there as a carrot to branch out and try everything. It’s not a requirement in order to play, and you aren’t less of a person for not having it… but if you desperately want it you have to be willing to earn it. Not just throw a tantrum because you can’t get it by standing around and watching the game be played.

+1 man. Great post. Makes me wish I can run with you some in WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

Currently everyone runs exotics with some now getting Ascended Weapons. So currently they have the edge. When Ascended Armor comes, this then would bring everything back to when everyone had Exotic’s. Am I thinking about this wrong?

Also remember that just because Ascended Armor comes, it’s going to take a truly dedicated person at least a few weeks if not months to get a full set of Ascended Armor.

My point is that ascended armor will have the same stat buffs for everyone, but potentially more armor rating for heavies. So they perhaps have more to gain.

But yes, having all ascended gear essentially cancels that out.

in WvW

Posted by: Cassocaster.4576

Cassocaster.4576

There’s no reason to fear ascended armor in WvW. Do you have any idea how long it will take to make a suit? To the OP, do you feel the same about ascended trinkets? Some people never do dailies or monthlies, how do they get ascended baubles? They don’t.

in WvW

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

My point is that ascended armor will have the same stat buffs for everyone, but potentially more armor rating for heavies. So they perhaps have more to gain.

But yes, having all ascended gear essentially cancels that out.

Rangers actually don’t gain full benefit from the armor or weapons either.