PvP builds in WvW?

PvP builds in WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Dadefyl.1908

Dadefyl.1908

Hey!

Maybe a controversial suggestion but what if we had PvP builds in WvW…where everyone was on equal terms and you did not have to be a fully geared level 80 to participate. Maybe then more people would like to try it out?

You could even gain the same (or similar) rewards as in PvP with your WXP and at the end of the battle you could get a nice bonus chest in different “tiers” depending on how much you participated?

People probably fled this game mode for a reason, but at least we can let new players easily come and try it out and perhaps some of them stay….or perhaps this will kill the game mode entirely.

I am on Ruins of Surmia (EU) and the other night we managed to get five people together in EB on prime time and on another we were three people in EB spawn and a guild had built AC’s and catapults outside our spawn. Lol, they had the whole map and were bored I guess.

So, needless to say, my experience is that WvW is dead on my server. Here’s hoping that it will somehow come back to life in some form, it used to be great fun.

PvP builds in WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: FogLeg.9354

FogLeg.9354

I honestly hope it was not my FoW server spawncamping you (if it was, I am sorry, and there are bad players in every server, in that case, which guild was it?). FR is the one usually owning whole map and they have built rows of trebs near our corner too, shooting people at the spawn.

I feel sad that we in FoW have had no real 3-server fight for several months now. In tier 9 we were dominating over UW and BT and as soon we got into tier 8 RoS died and we only had one, much larger, server to fight (WSR or AS or FR).

About your actual suggestions… I dunno. Players who have worked years hard to get their legendary items probably want to show off. I understand there is a problem when new players want to try WvW with their green equipment and get demolished by some platinum tier enemy on full ascended/legendary set with best possible stats. Yet, I am not sure equipment is only factor, even in PvP players get sorted into different tiers according to their skills and time spent there.

PvP builds in WvW?

in WvW

Dadefyl.1908

Oh, no it was not a FoW guild but an FR one. Our problem is that we are too few to do anything about it.

We need to introduce conscription on our server

PvP builds in WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Many WvW players have poured hundreds if not thousands of hours into customizing their character(s). WvW is the place for those players to enjoy those hard won efforts. Taking that away would drive a large portion of players straight out of WvW.

If they did this, I know I would be the first in line to expect a HUGE refund on all the crafting I have done for weapons/armor.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

PvP builds in WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: LionChain.7694

LionChain.7694

Dadefyl, how has Anet not hired you yet?

PvP builds in WvW?

in WvW

Dadefyl.1908

Haha, I am still waiting for an offer. A few more bright ideas on these forums and they might notice me

OK I realize all my ideas suck…but that just goes to show how desperate I am.
Current state of WvW forced me out of lurking and spew greatness on the forums.

I have ascended gear too but I am willing to give those bonuses up if it means having fun fights again.

Feels sad to have to pay an extra 10-15 euro for a server transfer just because I happened to pick a server that died. I hope I don’t have to but, c’est la guerre, I guess.

goes back to lurking

PvP builds in WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

Hey!

Maybe a controversial suggestion but what if we had PvP builds in WvW…where everyone was on equal terms and you did not have to be a fully geared level 80 to participate. Maybe then more people would like to try it out?

You could even gain the same (or similar) rewards as in PvP with your WXP and at the end of the battle you could get a nice bonus chest in different “tiers” depending on how much you participated?

People probably fled this game mode for a reason, but at least we can let new players easily come and try it out and perhaps some of them stay….or perhaps this will kill the game mode entirely.

I am on Ruins of Surmia (EU) and the other night we managed to get five people together in EB on prime time and on another we were three people in EB spawn and a guild had built AC’s and catapults outside our spawn. Lol, they had the whole map and were bored I guess.

So, needless to say, my experience is that WvW is dead on my server. Here’s hoping that it will somehow come back to life in some form, it used to be great fun.

It’s too late to make a change like this and will do nothing to help wvw in any form.

WvW is dead because of a lot of reasons, none of which include gear disparity related issues. It’s easy to gear up in this game…

Also, doing so would cut out the opportunity for the devs to add in gear rewards down the road.

I understand your train of thought, but in the end it will have zero net gain and end up making wvw even more boring and generic.

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

PvP builds in WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Dusty Moon.4382

Dusty Moon.4382

Hey!

It’s too late to make a change like this and will do nothing to help wvw in any form.

WvW is dead because of a lot of reasons, none of which include gear disparity related issues. It’s easy to gear up in this game…

Also, doing so would cut out the opportunity for the devs to add in gear rewards down the road.

I understand your train of thought, but in the end it will have zero net gain and end up making wvw even more boring and generic.

Honestly, it is not hard to kill a player in better gear than you. Most put more time into getting gear than actually playing WvW. PvP does help, particularly with positioning, understanding which skills to use when, etc.

Most players, in WvW use either Exotics or Ascended anyway, so it is moot that one player has better gear, it is all about how well you play.