Q: Why are some server on FULL ???

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Q:

Ok… i would like to know or some one could explain from ANet or not, why some servers pass their WvW time outmaned and their state is as Full in population?

Wasnt that changed to mirror the server population on WvW???

As in example the server where i play NSP….

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

in WvW

Posted by: XenesisII.1540

XenesisII.1540

A:

Because they check by overall population activity over a period of time, not by time zones.

P.S Also expected more full servers since pve players have also been playing since the rewards came in, thus more wvw activity last couple weeks, but servers could start to opening up soon as first wave pve players start leaving when they realize the time to get the rewards are a bit much for them.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“I knew it, I’m surrounded by…” – Dark Helmet

(edited by XenesisII.1540)

in WvW

Aeolus.3615

oh ic, so a server hit a queue on reset, but its outmaned for most time of the days, must be a full server.

So if a guild wants to tranfers to a server that is always empty until late hours they cant…

(edit).. yeah the pve players that got scare and QQ about they have to play the game for the rewards…. -.-

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

in WvW

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

McKenna Berdrow…

“To clarify further this is the first week we are using this new algorithm. So some of the complaints that are being brought up were problems with the old algorithm.
We use play hours to determine the size. Rank gains is tracked for comparison purposes since they usually follow a similar curve, but isn’t actually used to determine the world size.

We have simulated other algorithms to measure world size and ultimately found that player hours gave us more accurate results because we are mostly comparing active WvW play. The past algorithms weighed more heavily on individual players, so we ended up with situations where JQ was ‘Full’ because they had a lot of players, just not necessarily ones that played as much as Blackgate."

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

in WvW

Aeolus.3615

oh ty swagger. when was that posted?

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

in WvW

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

oh ty swagger.

You’re welcome

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

in WvW

XenesisII.1540

oh ic, so a server hit a queue on reset, but its outmaned for most time of the days, must be a full server.

So if a guild wants to tranfers to a server that is always empty until late hours they cant…

(edit).. yeah the pve players that got scare and QQ about they have to play the game for the rewards…. -.-

There’s queues on every server at reset, it happens in the middle of the NA eastern primetime, everyone is playing. NSP is facing two bigger overall servers this week, which is why you’re probably outnumbered often, doesn’t mean your server activity isn’t over the population threshold that triggers closing a server.

You have guilds that all of a sudden want to transfer in now when the server is closed other than the entire last year it was open for?

Relax, enjoy the pip bonus.

North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.

in WvW

Posted by: Jirayu.5834

Jirayu.5834

I asked around this question before and the answer is something like: PvE player who are already in NSP but were away from WvW (or even who never played) start coming back to WvW. And that mess the algorithm to think NSP now is a full server.

After a week, Hype is almost completely gone. And NSP still is a full server. But NSP is outnumbered even in NA time.

This wont be much of a problem if matchup algorithm didn’t mess up again by matching lower tier server with much higher tier server. (NSP is 10th. I dont know how we ended up with 2nd and 4th this week. lol)

Worst NSP Ranger
Thai Guild Wars 2 Fansite: https://tyria.in.th

in WvW

Aeolus.3615

i wish i knew any guilds who wanted to tranfer :|, about the pip bonus.. meh, i always prefer gameplay over rewards…. but its somewhat acceptable since we cant do nothing besides cap a camp, ninja a tower, spend 12 miunutes afk pip farming, see if theres anything to do, if not then back to work.

in WvW

XenesisII.1540

You guys realize that 11 out of the 12 main servers are currently full right? You’re facing 2 of the bigger servers from t1/2, it’s a bad matchup, 1u1d is coming and you shouldn’t get a match like that again.

If you don’t know of guilds coming to the server, then why sweat it being closed. Guilds will most likely wait until next matchup to move anyways. Servers will probably start to open in the next couple weeks as some of the pve players leave and the algorithm adjust for it.

in WvW

Posted by: Bossun.2046

Bossun.2046

Open Mag up Anet