[Q] will there be a WvW Tournament soon?

in WvW

Posted by: mastergreki.8017

mastergreki.8017

This question is addressed to Arenanet primarily: will there be a 2015 WvW tournament? I really hope so, it’s my first year playing this game and me and my guild mates would be so thrilled to be in the tournament.
I’ve just read some worrying comments around the forums that Anet is not bringing back WvW tourneys. is it true?

If not this fall then soon next year hopefully?

in WvW

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

I can guarantee you nothing is happening until HoT is settled in.

in WvW

Posted by: CrimsonNeonite.1048

CrimsonNeonite.1048

Tournaments would be pointless right now, artificial increases to populations that are inactive right now, while many are waiting and hoping HoT will be different.

Scrubio
Plays completely opposite professions to his main Teef.

(edited by CrimsonNeonite.1048)

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Tournaments would be pointless right now, artificial increases to populations that are inactive right now, most of us are waiting and hoping HoT will be different.

Tournament were always pointless given the disparity in populations.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

Then they should not have introduced currency that they said would accumulate with future tourneys. I agree they are sort of meaningless for wins, but they do shuffle the matches for a brief period of time.

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

in WvW

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

Tournaments would be pointless right now, artificial increases to populations that are inactive right now, most of us are waiting and hoping HoT will be different.

They upped server participation. WvW is very much constant demand on time. Tournament seasons gave it a sort of ebb and flow.

Dunno what that’s worth but I just wanted to argue the other side.

Gate of Madness

in WvW

Posted by: Tongku.5326

Tongku.5326

This question is addressed to Arenanet primarily: will there be a 2015 WvW tournament? I really hope so, it’s my first year playing this game and me and my guild mates would be so thrilled to be in the tournament.
I’ve just read some worrying comments around the forums that Anet is not bringing back WvW tourneys. is it true?

The problem with tournaments is that the results are mostly pre-determined with few exceptions, hence they are not real tournaments. They are pre-determined by population / coverage. So until this is addressed by a-net to a point where all participating servers have at minimum a fighting chance which is not even close to being the case today, then there is no point in having a tournament.

they need to fix those issues 1st, and it took them 3+ years to get it as bad as it is now, it may take them even longer to improve things.

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

in WvW

Posted by: meltdown.5870

meltdown.5870

i hope so …….with alotta gold and legendary stuff

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

They upped server participation. WvW is very much constant demand on time. Tournament seasons gave it a sort of ebb and flow.

Upped participation during the season then resulted in more leaving the game afterward due to the toxicity of it.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: Notsoperky.4291

Notsoperky.4291

Organising the button to push to start the next tourney is high up on the devs’ list of things to do, just after choosing the best colour for paperclips in the office…

In three years time a dev will get around to pushing the button when they remember wvw exits and a new tourny will start- based almost purely around the pve mechanics coming in with HoT.

in WvW

Posted by: bloodletting wolf.2837

bloodletting wolf.2837

i hope so …….with alotta gold and legendary stuff

This is my problem with tournaments. Peter PvE showing up just for a shiny. A wall is almost upgraded and it’s being trebbed, screw the fact that in 2 minutes it will be 100% I want the achievement for repair. Our garrison is going down, screw that I need to cap ruins for the achievement. I know that anet fixed most of this but it doesn’t change the mind set of most PvE folk who show up for themselves instead of their server. Then you add the burn out and stress for the veterans and the fact that 90% of the time you know who will win at the end anyways——no thank you.

Kaa Mchorror NSP grenadier [hayt]

in WvW

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

Upped participation during the season then resulted in more leaving the game afterward due to the toxicity of it.

Honestly, I was only around for the first one but that wasn’t my experience at all. It was quite positive on my server all around. Start of tournament basically doubled our numbers and there was still a boost for a while after the tournament.

Gate of Madness

in WvW

Posted by: xXBAKESXx.6731

xXBAKESXx.6731

Give us a few more months to get our servers strength up please!;)

in WvW

Posted by: JediYoda.1275

JediYoda.1275

The problem with tournaments is that the results are mostly pre-determined with few exceptions, hence they are not real tournaments. They are pre-determined by population / coverage. So until this is addressed by a-net to a point where all participating servers have at minimum a fighting chance which is not even close to being the case today, then there is no point in having a tournament.

they need to fix those issues 1st, and it took them 3+ years to get it as bad as it is now, it may take them even longer to improve things.

This ^^

Until Anet addresses + punish servers for past match manipulation its point less having anymore tournaments IMHO!

“If only ANet had some kind of forum they could use to communicate with us……”
“ANet. They never miss an opportunity to miss an opportunity to not mess up.”
Mod “Posts created to cause unrest with unfounded claims are not allowed” lmao