[Question] EU servers and WvW status

in WvW

Posted by: SobZney.1739

SobZney.1739

Hello everyone. I am actually european, but I have been playing on an NA server all my time playing Guild Wars 2.

I’m on a T2 server with a lot of great GvG and WvW guilds and I have fought pretty much all pugs and Guilds from all NA servers so I have a pretty good understanding of how WvW is doing in NA. I’ve been in about 3 WvW guilds, pug commanded and been leading guild raids myself. I really like it here on the NA servers, but soon I won’t be able to spend so much time in the NA time zone as I used to, so I am considering a move to the EU scene.

But I have absolutely no clue how it is doing in EU and I would like for you to tell me about it. Hopefully you can guide me in the right direciton.

I really do not like T1 servers with hour queues 24/7 and only omni-map blobs. Could you tell me which EU servers are the equalivalent to Blackgate, Sea of Sorrows and Tarnished Coast?

I’m basically looking for a server with many good WvW guilds, who also have a lot of WvW guilds to fight – with as little queued omni map blobs as possible.

But then again, I have no idea what it is like in the EU, so..

Story time, please. I’m listening.

in WvW

Posted by: Deli.1302

Deli.1302

I don’t understand. You don’t want a server like T1 with hour queues and map blobs but you want a server like BG/SoS/TC. You have contradictory needs. You cannot find one without the other.

But if you are looking for a server with many wvw guilds with many guilds to fight then pick a silver league server (FSP, GH, PS, AG). These servers have barely any queues and lots of guilds.

in WvW

Posted by: morri.2736

morri.2736

Short answer: I would suggest looking at the ranking. Anything upper and mid silver league (rank 9-15) would be a choice. It fluctuates quite a bit because of transfers.

in WvW

Posted by: Hule.8794

Hule.8794

Seems like botttom SIlver is what you are looking for. Upper silver have often map blobs, or how we call it fellowship of guilds roaming same road and direction.
So 12th to 16th should be your place.

in WvW

Posted by: Bubi.5237

Bubi.5237

Nowadays on SFR (T1) in EU prime-time (GMT 19-23) maybe we have 10, max 20 man queue to borderlands (and not for all at the same time, so I can join some borderland without waiting ), Eternal Queue has ofc more.
So I’m not sure if you really can say that its too long.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in WvW

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

Desolation (EU T1) generally has no queues in prime time, except 1-30 man queue to EB, but that queue lasts shorter than the prime. No queues outside prime time.

Many people are going to have vacation, myself included, so the queues are going to be even lower.

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

in WvW

Posted by: SobZney.1739

SobZney.1739

I don’t understand. You don’t want a server like T1 with hour queues and map blobs but you want a server like BG/SoS/TC. You have contradictory needs. You cannot find one without the other.

But if you are looking for a server with many wvw guilds with many guilds to fight then pick a silver league server (FSP, GH, PS, AG). These servers have barely any queues and lots of guilds.

I was asking about those servers to avoid them.

In NA all the good guilds are around T2.

in WvW

Posted by: Deli.1302

Deli.1302

I was asking about those servers to avoid them.

In NA all the good guilds are around T2.

The EU equivalent for T2 NA is the silver league servers (it spans three tiers!). All the best EU guilds are in FSP, GH, PS, AG, Gandara etc. go there.

in WvW

Posted by: Steeroth.9684

Steeroth.9684

Come check out Ring of Fire !

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/recruitment/Ring-of-Fire-Updated-Transfer-Info/

http://www.rof-community.com/

We are a silver league server with a great community and no queues whatsoever.

Ênvy [eV]
Far Shiverpeaks EU