Question: Is this workign as intended?

in WvW

Posted by: Edewen.8304

Edewen.8304

Every week, my guild fights for the Bay keep in borderlands, and every week, the garrison owners continuously bombard its walls from the garrison cliffs completely unable to be countered. I don’t know if we should be reporting, or just giving up on a pointless fight. Has there been any official word on all these off the wall treb placements because it is really frustrating to be completely unable to counter these placements.

To be clear, taking garrison is not a counter to an indefensible siege placement.

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Splintrr.7391

Splintrr.7391

I’ve seen it done on my server, they were quickittenaken out by a Ballista directly below the cliff, like 3 meters out. It just shot straight up and wrecked them.

quickly* taken* out*

Feralblood(Guardian) Splintrr(Ranger)
Warsworn [WAR], Dragonbrand
Evermoor Alliance

in WvW

Posted by: Setch.2398

Setch.2398

Yep. A ballista makes short work of them.

SOR – [Boss]

in WvW

Posted by: Youniverse.4395

Youniverse.4395

wait, what? how does a balista aim up?

in WvW

Posted by: RamzaBehoulve.5640

RamzaBehoulve.5640

Controlling Quaggan’s Storm Weather will destroy the Trebuchets up there.

What’s next? Are you going to complain people are firing Trebuchets from the southern Tower next?

Most keeps and towers can be aimed at by Trebuchets from the next keep/tower. That’s the whole point of controlling them, to setup assaults on the next target.

(edited by RamzaBehoulve.5640)

in WvW

Posted by: fractalKinesis.8569

fractalKinesis.8569

wait, what? how does a balista aim up?

As long as you can target the trebs, you can wreck them with the 2nd skill. Only the AOE splash damage will do it, but you can chew up those trebs pretty well.

Xiro, High Five Warriors [HFW], Jade Quarry

in WvW

Edewen.8304

Ill try a balista shooting straight up though this cant be intended. And no, the quaggan camp causes lightning. Lightning that randomly hits crap on whole map. It is not the anti-treb solution.

As far as the next keep response. This isnt that situation. Even if we had the nearest tower we wouldn’t be able to anti treb these. They are inside 2 walls. No we aren’t about to complain about the briar tower treb because it is easily anti-trebbed from redvale.

in WvW

Posted by: Oraxis.9705

Oraxis.9705

Edewen, you can return fire from the rock at the Northern wall of Bay.

in WvW

Edewen.8304

It you are taking about where i think you are. A treb cant even get close. The height advantage is too high. If i could anti treb it. This thread wouldn’t exist.

in WvW

Posted by: Zierk.4289

Zierk.4289

Every week, my guild fights for the Bay keep in borderlands, and every week, the garrison owners continuously bombard its walls from the garrison cliffs completely unable to be countered. I don’t know if we should be reporting, or just giving up on a pointless fight. Has there been any official word on all these off the wall treb placements because it is really frustrating to be completely unable to counter these placements.

To be clear, taking garrison is not a counter to an indefensible siege placement.

Place a ballista on the ground at the base of the cliff the trebs are on. Target treb and fire. Ezday. HoD did it all night to us

Zierk [VA] Sylvari Ranger – Jade Quarry
Vigiliant Addiction – Multi-Gaming Community
http://www.vigilantaddiction.com

in WvW

Posted by: Zierk.4289

Zierk.4289

Edewen, you can return fire from the rock at the Northern wall of Bay.

Can trebs at bay hit trebs at the top tier of garrison? Garrison has a huge height advantage on bay.

Zierk [VA] Sylvari Ranger – Jade Quarry
Vigiliant Addiction – Multi-Gaming Community
http://www.vigilantaddiction.com