Queues for WvW: The Official Thread

in WvW

Posted by: NeHoMaR.9812

NeHoMaR.9812

Possible solutions:
- Allow queue on the 4 maps at the same time.
- Add a new (small) map, that will be like a queue map where you can fight while waiting, this map could have multiple instances as needed, and could add some points to your server.
- Add another instance of an already existent map, like a second Eternal Battlegrounds, but not giving the same reward or points, or even no points.
- Increase players cap (I bet it is already at max capacity, so this maybe can’t be done, for now)

in WvW

Posted by: Kagoshima Josh.5412

Kagoshima Josh.5412

I don’t think anything needs to be done to reduce queues. Everybody wants to flock to the winning team, but there are hard caps on the number people that can play at once. If you don’t want to wait hours and hours, change Worlds, simple as that.

Guilds will get tired of the queues, transfer, then boost the WvWvW rank of lower pop servers. This will help increase parity among Worlds, and that can only be a good thing in the long run.

Arnold is Numero Uno

in WvW

Posted by: Kagoshima Josh.5412

Kagoshima Josh.5412

It’s a shame to read Guru today.

After hearing Mike/AN is looking to re-align servers by leaving it to the community itself to sort out server imbalances, there are 5 guilds publicly announcing they are moving – but not to low pop servers – they are moving to the top servers, ones that already have large queues.

These are just the ones announcing it on forums, how many are just doing it without telling anyone.

We are a few weeks in and at this rate the game is going to take a serious hit – people will stop playing if they have empty W3 and cannot be competitive/have fun – at the other end people will leave as they will not endure 3-6 hour queues.

ArenaNet has to sort this out – it will not be done by the community until they are confident AN has put in place things that will protect them if/when they make any choices to move.

Lock servers with queues of more than 30minutes.

All new players / guilds / tfrs coming to the game can then only go-to low pop servers, this will help them get people into W3 and start to make it more fun.

Guilds will start to tfr knowing they will not just find themselves with 3-6 hour queues again few weeks down the line if they choose to tfr.

The servers that maintain high queues will lose players to attrition and tfrs and in time their queues will come down to manageable levels.

But it needs AN to stop tfrs/lock servers – if you had done this a week after realease we would not be in this mess, and we would have all the servers sat at healthy populations….

If something is not done soon – well read about those already bored with the choice of empty W3 losing all the time / and those with up-to 6hour queues and tell me the future looks rosy.

I thought the servers were locked? My bro tried to get into my world (Crystal Desert) twice in the past week and was unable due to it being full.

Arnold is Numero Uno

in WvW

Posted by: Aedgyth.4790

Aedgyth.4790

I don’t think anything needs to be done to reduce queues. Everybody wants to flock to the winning team, but there are hard caps on the number people that can play at once. If you don’t want to wait hours and hours, change Worlds, simple as that.

Guilds will get tired of the queues, transfer, then boost the WvWvW rank of lower pop servers. This will help increase parity among Worlds, and that can only be a good thing in the long run.

There are reasons, already mentioned in this thread.

Guilds that tfr lose all the upgrades (bank etc) and influence and are not guaranteed that in a few weeks they will not be in the exact same position with queues.

So why would they tfr ?

If servers with queues of over 30minutes get locked, guilds and alliances will move to low pop servers. They are not going to lose everything in a gamble that might leave them with the same problem they left to rectify.

Locks would also mean new players / new guilds also go to low pop servers – helping the game out in the long run.

(edited by Aedgyth.4790)

in WvW

Aedgyth.4790

I thought the servers were locked? My bro tried to get into my world (Crystal Desert) twice in the past week and was unable due to it being full.

Just tell him to try again – they keep coming up and down – HoD was available last night, not sure if it is today (though a small guild said earlier they are transfering to us today – so I assume it is).

in WvW

Aedgyth.4790

Double post -

in WvW

Posted by: mangocheesecake.1487

mangocheesecake.1487

How about increasing the number of wvw maps on the top tier matchup only?

Say there’s going to be an underwater map or something, but it’s availble to the top 3 servers only in the S tier fight.

That way, there’s a reward for servers that do well — extra map for wvw — and it helps with the que as well. Even though just slightly.

Terrifying Kitties | SBI | Recruiting Active Players for WvW and PvE
PM Carme, Soji, Taper, or Mrsowrd in game

in WvW

Posted by: SoulstitchMMO.1396

SoulstitchMMO.1396

How about increasing the number of wvw maps on the top tier matchup only?

Say there’s going to be an underwater map or something, but it’s availble to the top 3 servers only in the S tier fight.

That way, there’s a reward for servers that do well — extra map for wvw — and it helps with the que as well. Even though just slightly.

Another Map will only help the one server that can maintain a 24/7 presence. The rest of the servers will only be hurt by this.

The only option is to accept the queue, wait for technology to increase to the point that it can handle more people, or move servers.

in WvW

Posted by: Kazim.2043

Kazim.2043

I’m one of the guys believing Queues (except bugs) are working as intended and will be the best tool to spread WvW population over several servers. IMO it’s essential for the health of long term WvW.

Izuvac.5713 “…like imagine 2 taliban server against 1 american…”

in WvW

Aedgyth.4790

They don’t need more maps, they just need to lock servers with 30+ minute queues – it really is that simple. Then new players and guilds coming to the game have to populate low pop servers, transfers will have to go-to low pop servers and guilds will be more confident in tfr’ing if they know that there is no risk of large queues again.

in WvW

Posted by: Click.5123

Click.5123

Whatever the solution is, it needs to come faster. As of now, WvW queue’ing is ridiculous for High to Full servers during peak hours. We are basically locked out of a huge portion of GW2 because there are not enough spots in WvW.

There is a lot of things wrong in WvW right now. Queue times, enemy zergs being invisible and phasing in, skill lag, and obstruct obstruct obstruct are just some of the major issues that need to be fixed asap. I hope you ANet guys are working hard on fixing all of these game-breaking problems.

in WvW

Posted by: Furry Fury.9036

Furry Fury.9036

Hi all,

The one thing I’ve not seen put forward as an option is to make the WvW queue apply to an account rather than a toon. That way you can play one toon in PvE but auto-log another for WvW when your turn comes.

It wouldn’t make the queues any shorter, but it’d increase the entertainment for those that are waiting with nothing to do but /dance at Lions while they’re idling. I’d like to up my alts crafting while I’m waiting please…

(Don’t tell me, the facility’s already there…!)

in WvW

Posted by: Jorjeis.2169

Jorjeis.2169

Hi Mike, sorry if this question has already been answered but in the vein of spreading out WvW players will you be closing free transfers to servers with large WvW queues anytime soon?

Member of [KnT] – Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: Psy.6153

Psy.6153

A plea for a few guilds to transfer to Devona’s Rest:

Devona’s Rest is one of the lower bracket servers, being one of the newly released servers. But this server really is organized and very good in prime time with no to very very little queues. We are very close to being very competitive, but when we are hit with a full pop server (almost every matchup the server above us in rank) we struggle to hold off their zerg attacks and always 1 map gets totally overrun as our numbers cant be everywhere at once.

This is where YOU and your guild/alliance can make the difference on our server!

Even outnumbered we’ve still managed to have 40k leads only to lose them through the night and mornings, showing the potential of this server.

We have 1 excellent small alliance and a larger alliance which broke off i believe from the AA alliance on a big server, each having a very good commander.

All we need on Devona’s is a few more med-large guilds and trust me this server will start to hold its own and push up into the top tiers, so come on guys dont get trapped on a server where you’re stuck in long queues and cant play with your guild, get over to Devona’s. Start to actually enjoy the game together in the lower brackets and be part of a server’s progression up the ladder alongside all your guildmates in this awesome community on Devona’s Rest!

p.s. – remember its just 1 button each to click to transfer, and its still free to do so right now!

Portal Bomber of
Sea of Sorrows NA

(edited by Psy.6153)

in WvW

Posted by: Menaka.5092

Menaka.5092

I think it would be really useful for guilds considering to switch server to have a bit more informations about them.

Aside from the answers to the obvious “are there WvW queues and how long are them?” and “are there already WvW focused guilds or alliances on the server?”, the most compelling and hardest to find information I had to seek is the breakdown of server population by country and timezone (I think part of the “secure” authentication does a GeoIP check, so these info should already be present in some form).

Let me give a bit of context: before the headstart I was searching for a server to play on for me and my friends. We wanted to play on a server with an international community, but we also wanted to have at least a few (dozens) more italians to eventually group with (sadly, spoken english in voice chat is not an option for many of us).

At the same time we didn’t want to end up on a server where the most spoken (written) language was totally alien to us: one thing is to land on a server where you can at least understand 80% of the general/map chat, a whole different thing is to find yourself “isolated” by not having the faintest clue what the other people are saying.

As discussed elsewhere, servers with populations that encompass a wider timezone fare better in WvW, so this kind of informations would be really precious for a guild considering to switch: smaller guilds could try to find a good place to play alongside many others and bigger guilds could seek uncovered timezones where they could shine having slots for all their members.

Based on these info ArenaNet could also implement an in-game server suggestion system for new players or random players (not organized guilds) that open the server selection panel.

in WvW

Posted by: trapline.8541

trapline.8541

My guild would transfer to a lower population server in a heartbeat, the problem is the amount of time and effort we’ve put in to unlocking guild rewards will be wasted, some of those rewards cost real cash… And it’s cash we don’t intend to spend twice.

Is there a way arenanet can consider letting guilds that leave high population world’s to smaller population world’s bring their unlocked guild research with them for a short period of time? Perhaps before 2 week matches start.

in WvW

Posted by: Preacher.9018

Preacher.9018

Shouldn’t the servers with high populations be capped at a lower number? It seems like more and more people are transferring to the best WvW servers and this shouldn’t be surprising in the least.

This. Amusing reading devs post, when they are essentially what caused the problem.

http://www.pevepe.net/ – Seafarers Rest Server community website

in WvW

Posted by: Draygo.9473

Draygo.9473

People arnt getting tired fast enough.

They arnt willing to look past the influence thing to switch servers. Just look at this thread.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

in WvW

Posted by: username.4932

username.4932

I would like to propose something amazingly silly:

Why not make queues behaving a queues ?

I know i’m going too far but i just wanted to propose it !

No need to talk about server population when there is no queue and jut random lottery to enter WvW. Fix queue first then and only then talk about the rest.

in WvW

Posted by: nysta.6713

nysta.6713

i think the easiest solution will be to make one super-server only, and put everyone onto that. that way everyone can have a nice easy fight against nobody (who, let’s face it, are gonna be SO easy to steamroll) while being able to be on the winning server at the end of the day. that seems to be what everyone wants, after all.

would it really hurt some of the “alliance” guilds to break up a little and spread out? we’d get tougher fights, more of them, and it could really be a lot of fun. and shouldn’t fun be the motivating factor here, rather than who’s got the most shinies in their guild right now? it’s been only a few weeks since start. i’m sure it won’t take long to build those guild shinies up again on another server.

surely you can all see there’s a very real reason you can’t all be on the same 1-2 servers? it’s like having a football league of only two teams.

in WvW

Posted by: tjeb.6503

tjeb.6503

Am I the only one who does not want to be in a top-tier server? I randomly chose mine and it turned out to be in one of the lower ranks; but I quite like that; I wouldn’t want to be on a server dominated by WvW guilds (and certainly wouldn’t want to play against them).

Yes, it is annoying to see most of the players stuck in a spawn-run-to-nearest-enemy-die loop, while other are trying to get them organized but nobody is listening. And yes the circle-raid mentality sucks, and with it the fact that nobody defends and you are usually the only one there and have little to no chance to save the day.

But I like the almost-no-queue parts, and the fact that we’re not up against people who put way too much time in this. So I think the approach should be to reward defending, guarding, and scouting more (relative to capping). Not sure how exactly, you don’t want to have bots or idlers rewarded for doing nothing.

Yesterday I was the only one at a camp when it got attacked by about 8 players, and I had no hope of winning that, but I held them off just long enough for reinforcements to arrive. That was great, but I can imagine people not playing like that because there is almost no reward for it.

Maybe this evens out a little as more people reach the higher levels, but probably not.

Oh, and another idea; I don’t care if it is not taken into account for the rankings, but it would be nice to see how well the server is doing against active time spent in WvW (just to compare yourself against worlds with much more pop, but more importantly, with much more WvW activity, and feel good about your little world)

in WvW

Posted by: Estylon.6790

Estylon.6790

As Mike said if any WvW focused guild wants to move to a queueless server i strongly advice Ruins of Surmia, there is a good WvW based alliance and the server can much welcome other WvW guilds from all over the world!

Check this thread here for more info: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/EU-Ruins-of-Surmia-is-looking-for-WvW-Guilds-outside-18-00-22-00-UTC-GMT

Guild Leader of Killer Bunnies Workshop
Proud members of DEYS alliance – Ruins of Surmia

in WvW

Posted by: Windy.1538

Windy.1538

I don’t know if it’s a possible answer to queues problems …
But an other map opening in the peak hours when the 3 servers matching have the highest queue and of course the players to fill it.
That will be a buffer zone and will reduce a lot the queue time and won’t penalize the servers which don’t have 24/24 presence.

in WvW

Posted by: username.4932

username.4932

I don’t know if it’s a possible answer to queues problems …

The answer is simple to the queue issue, fix the queue

Population is a way smaller issue than the bugged queue issue as often you will NEVER enter WvW despites all your guildmates does and this while queuing after you, later going out and then re-entering.
Low population minors the effect of this issue, still population is not the biggest issue with the queue time.

ArenaNets’s post just show that they don’t realize how much the queue is bugged, this must be number one priority of WvW “to do” list.

(edited by username.4932)

in WvW

Posted by: Psy.6153

Psy.6153

My guild would transfer to a lower population server in a heartbeat, the problem is the amount of time and effort we’ve put in to unlocking guild rewards will be wasted, some of those rewards cost real cash… And it’s cash we don’t intend to spend twice.

Is there a way arenanet can consider letting guilds that leave high population world’s to smaller population world’s bring their unlocked guild research with them for a short period of time? Perhaps before 2 week matches start.

Its honestly not that bad. We transferred to Devona’s Rest 5 days back from JQ, and we’re already back where we were pretty much. Influence comes fast, but i do agree they should xfer with the guild.

Portal Bomber of
Sea of Sorrows NA

in WvW

Posted by: Hydraes.8495

Hydraes.8495

Hi there!

First, thank you for this, it’s good to read something and feel like the other person care, you guys should teach Bobby R. how it’s done.
Queues are a problem but clipping is another big one… Especially when some organized guilds amplify it by using a mesmer. It is not fun to hit something you don’t see and I can’t count the number of times I died thinking the first lane of enemies was still a couple yards in front of me ^^"

Regards,

Boudpine, VS

in WvW

Posted by: Sneaky.4263

Sneaky.4263

I believe it is partly ArenaNet’s responsibility to get the servers somewhat balanced.

Of course they can not control people’s decisions and actions, but they can influence them, they can set up systems that lead to a more balanced playing field

Offering guilds that have a high turnout in the desired timezone a move to a server that needs more of those, complete with transfered Guild-Benefits etc might be one of that.

Adjusting the points-gain based on realm population might be another.

Have everyone creating a new character/account enter their “Core Play-Time” (e.g. evenings CET) and suggest them servers based on that.

Pair up/combine one EU and one US server to fight together against 2 other pairs.

Some of these options are way more work than other, but the point is that there -are- plenty of options other than doing nothing and expecting the players to solve the issues them-selfs.

in WvW

Posted by: Amulrei.4973

Amulrei.4973

They arnt willing to look past the influence thing to switch servers. Just look at this thread.

If you honestly think that is the reason, then you are either blinded by bitterness or really not paying attention.

I explained the problem Mike’s suggestion in depth on the first page but to give a very short explanation, the fact of the matter is there is little to nothing big alliances/communities can do about the problem while the free transfers remain completely and illogically unchecked. To this day, HoD despite being astronomically overloaded when it comes to WvW is still open to transfer and the situation is getting worse each day because of it.

Until that situation changes, there is nothing we can do. All changing servers would do for an alliance like Titan is betray the non-alliance players/guilds on HoD we have been working with, poison our image in the WvW community and within a week, get us nowhere. Those who want to leech off our efforts are completely free to follow us and will do so. We end up losing the player base who does put in their fair share while having nothing to keep out those who don’t.

Call that what you like but I don’t see that as remotely worth transferring for.

in WvW

Posted by: Grace.6074

Grace.6074

1153.872 Northern Shiverpeaks
1082.319 Borlis Pass
1079.313 Ferguson’s Crossing
917.602 Devona’s Rest
639.897 Kaineng

All dont have queues.

So please check your facts before you dont say those servers do not exist, it does not reflect well on you.

You’re absolutely right, I agree with you about the other guy who said all servers have queues. I hopped a few times from the server I rolled on searching solely for a server with a large WvW based guild on it before finally finding one that suits my needs quite well on Eredon Terrace.

Medium pop but ranked #3 or 4 depending on the week, it has a nice WvW population and most of the time there aren’t queues, if there are it’s in primetime and usually not more than 30 minutes.

I can’t imagine being somewhere with a 4-8 hour queue, I think I’d quit because of that as well. >.<

Aerre – Sylvari Elementalist
Necro/Warrior/Ranger/Mesmer/Guardian
HoD – PHZE

in WvW

Posted by: Mug.9403

Mug.9403

I understand the limitations in place, Mike, which is why I think you should focus on getting a few fairly simple things put in place while you focus on increasing the WvW cap and whatever else is on your plate to reduce queue times

What I would suggest is that you allow us access to a bit more information through the WvW interface. This also serves to make sure people don’t feel like they are “in the dark” when queuing for WvW.

This includes:

• An estimated timer and current position in the queue (You are 503 out of 975, ETA: 45m).
  • A way to see the maps and current queues for all WvW maps through the WvW interface (B). It should be possible for us to see the status of the current maps so we have a better idea of where help is needed (instead of needing to ask someone in WvW to relay that for us). This part and the above would also serve to spread out the queues a bit as people will primarily queue for the maps with lower queues.
  • Fix the queuing bug, obviously, but giving us access to a bit more information would also allow people to more easily notice if they’re bugged (“Why am I still in the same position I was in 30 minutes ago? Maybe my queue is bugged”).

I can see where you are coming from when you ask people to consider moving their guild to another server. You have to understand that people may be hesitant to do that, though, with all the influence and people they leave behind. Perhaps you guys could offer some sort of incentive?

• A way for them to bring over the upgrades they’ve earned on another server?
  • An influence boost for guilds transferring?

It’s hard for guilds to convince members to leave behind a server they’ve worked hard on when their upgrades are already pretty high (and they may want to focus on WvW now, which might lead to them earning a bit less guild influence than they did while levelling).

Just a few thoughts.

If they give bonuses now for moving, they need to give more bonuses to the pioneers, the guilds that moved a long time ago and lost all of their stuff.

And if you WvW in a guild group, you get more influence than anything else I have found.

in WvW

Posted by: Arson.4189

Arson.4189

Why are you allowing transfer/new people to join full servers? What is with your guys math abilities here? 10k pop servers with 166 capped map BLs???? How does this make sense to anyone in a pvp game? HERPkitten

in WvW

Posted by: Mug.9403

Mug.9403

What you should really do is … Add 3 more new servers, Let everyone know that you will stop all free server transfers in one week (or two), to all servers but those.

Think about it, it will solve your problem. You can’t be expected to have 1k people per side on a match.

Also, I’m glad you are not going to “instance” a server vs server WvW zone. I’m glad you understand what that actually means in game terms.

in WvW

Posted by: Senti.5372

Senti.5372

Good luck getting the servers balanced when people transfer to the winning servers.

Personally I think you should have to fight and do well, to represent your server in WvW, not get a permanent spot in WvW all night just because you happened to que up early.

If we wanted to be jerks, we could guarantee losses for the top servers by que’ing up before the population rush and doing nothing in WvW but farming nodes and mobs.

in WvW

Posted by: McSlappy.1372

McSlappy.1372

Finally, I would like to ask everyone to post any additional queue comments to this thread only from now on and refrain from creating additional threads about it.

Thank you all for your understanding and patience.

Was thinking that this should be posted under suggestions but since it’s related to this topic I am posting here.

So right now the last few weeks have had several 5-8 hour que times. This is fine because I am working on world completion and “grinding” out Fine crafting mats for trade skills. However when this is done, which will be rather quickly playing WvW will be the draw to this game.

I am, and many others will not sit staring at their screens waiting for a que to pop to play the game, wasting night after night hoping to play. Especially with and WoW and for others major Rift expansions coming out.

Will ArenaNet have their que problem fixed by Sept 28th, or will they have a Taskbar or audio alert of some kind to tell players that that are waiting in que tabbed out playing other games that their que has popped so they can decide if they want to take the que if they’re not too engrossed in what they have decided to to in the mean time while waiting. Also disable afk booting for people waiting in WvW que.

My personal limit will be one hour. Login if que doesn’t pop in an hour it’s out to another game for that evening. Being able to play the main feature of the game shouldn’t be too much to ask. The game can ether be played or it can’t, quite literally only time will tell.

Slappy

(edited by McSlappy.1372)

in WvW

Posted by: Markcub.9741

Markcub.9741

The queue lengths are a pain, but it is the randomness that really drives me nuts.

If we’re in a group, and we all queue for an hour, but then all get in within a few minutes of each other, I can cope with that. We’re all in, and playing together.

What I can’t handle is one person getting in in 5 minutes, the next in 1 hour, and the third person not getting in at all.

Makes me a sad kitten.

Mark.

in WvW

Posted by: tjeb.6503

tjeb.6503

hours?! Wow I did not know it was that bad. As a mostly casual player, that would force me not to play WvW at all. So far I’ve played rather long sessions (and almost all WvW) but waiting for hours to do what you want (and having to reserve time for it) is what drove me away from WoW.

If such a problem exists and persists, Anet should start considering creating extra joinable servers for hardcore WvW guilds, not directly tied to their pve world, and a separate ranking for those. But please please please don’t move such a problem to mine I’m happy in the lower ranks :P

in WvW

Posted by: Markcub.9741

Markcub.9741

What I can’t handle is one person getting in in 5 minutes, the next in 1 hour, and the third person not getting in at all.

Oh, I forgot. What I said above, and disconnecting and having to re-queue from the beginning again. A real way to make your party, well, less party-ish. Sad face.

Mark.

in WvW

Posted by: Grace.6074

Grace.6074

Oh, I forgot. What I said above, and disconnecting and having to re-queue from the beginning again. A real way to make your party, well, less party-ish. Sad face.

Mark.

Agreed with that. I’ve had several instances where I got the queue, hit the enter button and was instantly disconnected, finding myself having to requeue when I got back in.

Aerre – Sylvari Elementalist
Necro/Warrior/Ranger/Mesmer/Guardian
HoD – PHZE

in WvW

Posted by: Ybrahim.2084

Ybrahim.2084

All I have to say to this is that my entire guild is here for WvW. If we have to wait for hours to actually WvW we will most likely go elsewhere. I’m guessing a lot of other guilds feel the same way. I’m guessing you made a little money at release, so the best thing to do might be to add more bandwidth, more servers and more staff to make WvW more viable.

in WvW

Posted by: Walshy.3890

Walshy.3890

Im just downloading the game, can anyone give me a good EU server for Good WvW community? Im trying to avoid the full servers so ques arent bad and that i dont contribute to the que problems!

in WvW

Posted by: Ahmrill.7512

Ahmrill.7512

Wanted to add the two most obvious solutions:

1) STOP free transfers to high rated/que servers. – This will prevent high population/high que servers from getting worse. Allow free transfers from high rated servers to low or medium rated servers only.

2) FIX THE QUE to actually work like a que. – Make the que system work based on WHEN you qued only, there should be no other determining factors. As spots become available in WvW it should take the next “number” in order. I actually don’t know how long the average que is on Jade Quarry. Sometimes I get a pop after 5 mins while a guild member has waited 2-3 hours. Sometimes I’m waiting 2-3 hours and watch a guild member get a pop in 5 mins. Let’s fix that queing system first so we can actually get true representation of our server’s que duration.

WvW is supposed to be unbalanced, we have sPvP for balanced PvP.

Ahmrill
Proud member of [NORD] Nordvegr Guild
Jade Quarry

in WvW

Posted by: muylaetrix.2096

muylaetrix.2096

being member of a large pvp guild that has been around for 10 years in various games i can only say this is a clusterfeck.

1900 .. 5 people online
2000 .. 50 online all desperatly trying to get into the same pvp area.
2100 … we have maybe 10 people in wv3 and 30 people who say ‘feck this kitten’ already logged out for the day and 10 people still queued.

if it’s arenanet’s intention to solve the queue problem by making people quit the game, they can’t do a better job. what do they have to lose ? they live from selling the game, not keeping their customers as it is free to play, right ? it feels that if as soon as you bought the game, they actually want you to quit so you can ‘make room’ for new potential buyers.

Muylaetrex, going bananas with [TDA] on Gandara
Camping a keep near you since 2001 !

in WvW

Posted by: McSlappy.1372

McSlappy.1372

The queue lengths are a pain, but it is the randomness that really drives me nuts.

I don’t mind the wait so much if they give an audio que that the que has popped so I can have it sit in the background.

What I do mind is I que at 6PM. Buddy gets home from work Que’s for the same WvW I told him to que for. He que’s at 7PM he gets a pop at 7:30 PM I get pop at 10PM. Has happened many times sometimes I’m the one with the short que and he with the never ending. We have only been able to both get in WvW at the same time twice since release.

That is not a playable game.

Slappy

in WvW

Posted by: Draygo.9473

Draygo.9473

If you honestly think that is the reason, then you are either blinded by bitterness or really not paying attention.

I explained the problem Mike’s suggestion in depth on the first page but to give a very short explanation, the fact of the matter is there is little to nothing big alliances/communities can do about the problem while the free transfers remain completely and illogically unchecked. To this day, HoD despite being astronomically overloaded when it comes to WvW is still open to transfer and the situation is getting worse each day because of it.

Until that situation changes, there is nothing we can do. All changing servers would do for an alliance like Titan is betray the non-alliance players/guilds on HoD we have been working with, poison our image in the WvW community and within a week, get us nowhere. Those who want to leech off our efforts are completely free to follow us and will do so. We end up losing the player base who does put in their fair share while having nothing to keep out those who don’t.

Call that what you like but I don’t see that as remotely worth transferring for.

You may be right about a lot of people jumping ship and joining you, but I doubt its the number you are imagining.

Team Legacy switched servers the day or day after the new servers opened. Their server STILL doesnt have a much of a queue and now they are in the top 5 servers. Now that is a guild I respect. They realized for the fun of their players and their wvw focus that they would rather play the game, against really tough odds and prevail than continue on a server where they had a hard time getting 10% of their guild into the same wvw map. They went up against servers with large populations and beat them, snowballing to a larger server population and healthy wvw scene.

Secondly, your post disagrees with a member of your own alliance, and I quote:

3. Offer incentives to guilds and players to transfer from their overpopulated server to lower populated servers. Right now guilds are not interested in transferring, primarily because of their potentially lost upgrades. You need to play this smart: tier the incentives based on the size of the guild, to ensure that it stays relevant and enticing no matter the size.

As well as several posts in this thread of people unwilling to look past something that can be gained back over time in exchange for increased fun playing a video game.

Do you really think switching servers damaged Team Legacy’s image? The idea is almost laughable.

Do you play video games to watch numbers go up, or do you play them to have fun. I suggest you swallow your fears and just make the switch, and see what happens, you might enjoy the game more.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

(edited by Draygo.9473)

in WvW

Posted by: Jenosavel.1756

Jenosavel.1756

My guild would transfer to a lower population server in a heartbeat, the problem is the amount of time and effort we’ve put in to unlocking guild rewards will be wasted, some of those rewards cost real cash... And it’s cash we don’t intend to spend twice.

I think this would help a lot. If a guild is transferring to a lower population server, let them take all of their earnings with them to the new server. If they want to move to a higher pop server, then things can work as they do now and they will have to re-earn their upgrades.

This discourages people from flocking to the winning servers and encourages people to spread out the population.

If this kind of a change were made before transfers get locked down, it would be helpful. Afterwards it will be harder for guilds to move as all of their players will need to make the sacrifice.

Leaves and Embers - a fan written GW2 novel (complete!)
Servants of Fortuna [SoF] - We serve fortuna; may she grant us a smile.

in WvW

Posted by: Majikthise.2381

Majikthise.2381

I beg of you. Give us information on our WvW queues!

I have spent 10x more time waiting for WvW than actually playing it, which isn’t really the problem.. the problem is, after one or two hours of wait, i give up. I don’t want to have to play the game for 7 hours just to play an hour or two of WvW.

- We need positional queues.
- We need information on our position in the queues. Would you stand in line for any store/show/etc for hours and never see any movement? Of course not. After an hour or or two, you need the sense of progress for your own sanity.. And you need to know if you should just give up, or if you’re only 2 people away from actually being able to play.

in WvW

Posted by: Optimism.7213

Optimism.7213

I think this would help a lot. If a guild is transferring to a lower population server, let them take all of their earnings with them to the new server. If they want to move to a higher pop server, then things can work as they do now and they will have to re-earn their upgrades.

This discourages people from flocking to the winning servers and encourages people to spread out the population.

If this kind of a change were made before transfers get locked down, it would be helpful. Afterwards it will be harder for guilds to move as all of their players will need to make the sacrifice.

Totally agree. At least during the free transfer period to help improve WvW queues, have guilds retain their influence when transferring.

Besides, there are some servers that has zero queues for WvW. Kaineng especially needs help, and I’m not even from that server. Not because they’re last but, when placed against them, you don’t see a whole lot of them on the field.

Edit: Even on the losing side there are some benefits. If you want badges, just stick to one fort and stay there while the 100’s of people try and zerg you. Already have 300+ of badges in the first full week of WvW.

IMO, that’s way more than someone spending hours sitting in the queue and then dominating the map. If you want to badge farm, come to a low/med pop server.

I know it sounds strange but, when you start building many things into a single fort and 2 servers are constantly energizing you, that victim will end up with more badges.

Broken but, beneficial to the losing team at least.

(edited by Optimism.7213)

in WvW

Posted by: killingswife.5478

killingswife.5478

are you guys purposely dcing people so others can get in i was playing fine with my guild in wvw my husband was on his other pc and i get disconnected… it wasnt a connection issue because he would have got kicked off too and now i have to sit in a hour long que even though i was in wvw and i get dced this is getting ridiculous. I only want to wvw and shouldnt have to wait an hour to do it maybe add another map

in WvW

Posted by: ben.7418

ben.7418

Now the good ol’ beeping sound bug in WvW that occurs during heavily crowded battles no longer just keeps beeping until you relog, but now forces an immediate crash. As if that’s not frustrating enough, now I’m sitting in queue for 90 minutes on Blackgate to get into any of the maps.

in WvW

Posted by: killingswife.5478

killingswife.5478

yeah i get to sit here and wait in que as my magic find and karma booster go to waiste that i paid for thanks