Queues for WvW: The Official Thread

in WvW

Posted by: Stacyr.9632

Stacyr.9632

Hello Mike,

Here is my bottom line, and I believe many folks may also have this bottom line.

I bought the game to do WvW.
My average queue time is 3 hours.
My guild has invested time on our server and will lose progress if we move.
I will not be able to play with folks I’ve played with for 10+ years if I move without them.
I am bored with PvE.
I will soon stop playing Guild Wars 2 out of boredom.

I love them game.
I love WvW when I get in.
I see lots of potential for loads of fun.

But as of right now, it is becoming a waste of my time. My motto in gaming has always been:

Go where the fun is…

I’m not having fun, so I may be forced to seek it elsewhere.

Game on my friends!

Stacy

Oh and for the record, my husband has several high level toons as he gets in with little queue time. I have 4 low level toons (under 30), as I rarely can stay up long enough to get the queue. As a result, I can’t even play with my hubby, let alone guildies. Queue times seem to be random which is frustrating on a whole different level.

—Venator Phalanx [VP]
—Borlis Pass

(edited by Stacyr.9632)

in WvW

Posted by: Arson.4189

Arson.4189

post was a big Lolz Lrn2tranzferz to everyone btw…they dont care or cant figure out what the problem is.

Either way they made it clear there is absolutely no fix to come anytime soon.

in WvW

Posted by: nysta.6713

nysta.6713

Hello Mike,
(snip)

so, let me get this straight, because i’m getting more confused as these arguments go on and on.

you people don’t want to move your guilds to another SERVER because you might have to take another week or two to build your guild’s perks again and that’s just too much effort for you, BUT you’re happy to move to a different GAME and build your perks again…?

wow. that’s all i can say. wow. some people are so shallow with entitlement expectation that it boggles the mind. really.

this game is so new that moving servers would hardly break your guild. in fact, my little guild which struggles to pay the rent, is moving. we’re happy to start again because it means more wvwvw. we’re on henge, you see. you know, the big winning one? but we’re happy to move to get a: more game time and b: more challenging fights.

what anet has put out there is actually logical if you think about it. all the guilds are swamping a minimum number of servers because no one wants to go to a “loser” server. i think that’s the real problem here. everyone’s so busy trying to belong to the winning team they can’t see that evening the field out will make for both more exciting fights AND a broader range of winning servers.

how about you all put your entitlement-minds on hold, and go where the fun really is – in the action, not the perks.

in WvW

Posted by: Draygo.9473

Draygo.9473

Arson, how do you propose anet solve the overpopulation problem on some servers, while others are severely underpopulated….

Moving is the right answer.

You will get your influence back with time. But the fun you will have actually being able to play wvw will be worth it many times over.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

in WvW

Posted by: Taldren.7523

Taldren.7523

The problem is that we the players don’t know what our position is in the queue or what the queues are for each zone so that we can make informed decisions. More information is the correct direction.

80 Elementalist (RotV), 80 Mesmer (RotV)
80 Necromancer (IRNY), 80 Guardian (IRNY)
GW2: it’s like DAoC, but for the WoW crowd.

in WvW

Posted by: Stacyr.9632

Stacyr.9632

Hello Mike,
(snip)

so, let me get this straight, because i’m getting more confused as these arguments go on and on.

you people don’t want to move your guilds to another SERVER because you might have to take another week or two to build your guild’s perks again and that’s just too much effort for you, BUT you’re happy to move to a different GAME and build your perks again…?

wow. that’s all i can say. wow. some people are so shallow with entitlement expectation that it boggles the mind. really.

this game is so new that moving servers would hardly break your guild. in fact, my little guild which struggles to pay the rent, is moving. we’re happy to start again because it means more wvwvw. we’re on henge, you see. you know, the big winning one? but we’re happy to move to get a: more game time and b: more challenging fights.

what anet has put out there is actually logical if you think about it. all the guilds are swamping a minimum number of servers because no one wants to go to a “loser” server. i think that’s the real problem here. everyone’s so busy trying to belong to the winning team they can’t see that evening the field out will make for both more exciting fights AND a broader range of winning servers.

how about you all put your entitlement-minds on hold, and go where the fun really is – in the action, not the perks.

My dear friend who said anything about moving to another game? Yes, there is some fun outside of gaming. And for the record, I have no issue moving, my guildies however take some issue with it. And finally, we haven’t moved since launch. We picked this server and stayed put.

Something is broken in the WvW area of this game. This is a discussion about that issue. There is no hate or whining going on. Developers create these forums to get an idea of the tone and feel the game is having on the players. WvW is broken. Why so offended because we speak the truth?

For the record, I’m not angry at Arena Net, just hope they fix it soon. I will put the game aside until it is fun again. If I can’t play with my hubby and long time gamer friends, that equals no fun for me.

Have a blessed day my friend, and have a cup of tea or something. You are way too uptight.

Stacy

—Venator Phalanx [VP]
—Borlis Pass

in WvW

Posted by: Nucleotides.6928

Nucleotides.6928

At least do the high pop servers a solid and turn off transfers to them. This will stop people flocking to it as soon as spots become available.

in WvW

Posted by: Rodarin.6058

Rodarin.6058

while youre at it make it so if you crash in a queue you dont lose your spot if you log back in in time, and if you crash while in WvW you arent booted if you get back in time.

in WvW

Posted by: LagLovah.6351

LagLovah.6351

There is no ‘fix’ to this, you cant just increase the capacity in the WvW zones…

You people on henge should know this already, you win every matchup, always due to numbers, it would just make the problem worse if they allowed more into the zones.

Every bracket suffers from this problem, the longest Queue I have ever had was 5minutes( for eternal, I have never had a Q for any of the borderlands period), and summarily my realm does poorly in WvW against servers that have higher pop.

If your issue is simply that the Q is unrealiable in its ordering then fine, I would expect anet to fix that as well, but your still going to be waiting 2-3 hours to get into WvW, that part will never change.

in WvW

Draygo.9473

Unless you switch servers to a lower pop server which will increase your own fun, and help the health of the wvw community

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

in WvW

Posted by: Vexus.5423

Vexus.5423

Would it be possible to open up queueing for any world? So for example, my friends can group up and go to a ‘low rank’ server, boosting their organization and success, pushing them up in the ranks, but gaining no benefit from their perks. Just for fun. This would just spread out the skill, allow more people to play, and establish cross-server relations.

in WvW

Posted by: AgentMango.4853

AgentMango.4853

Hey everyone, sorry to not post about this sooner, the last few days have been a little hectic and I wanted to verify a couple things first about the issues we’ve been seeing with the queues before posting anything.

As many of you know, it is possible for someone to queue up for a map after you and get in first. We’re trying to get that fixed as soon as possible but unfortunately we still need a bit more time to solve the problem. We will definitely keep you updated when there is any news on our progress.

I have been checking the queue sizes and wait times for each matchup, and there are a couple interesting things I’ve observed so far that may help reduce queue times for some of you.

Worlds at the top of the rankings can have queues that reach multiple hours (particularly for the Eternal Battlegrounds map), but most of the worlds in the bottom half of the ranking quite frequently have open spots in at least a few maps, and the lower ranked the server is, the more likely it is that there are spots available. I’ll be posting the up to date world rankings shortly.

When there are queues for every map, the wait time for borderland maps tends to be shorter. Enemy team borderlands tend to have the smallest queues for just about every team so you may want to try entering those maps first before attempting to queue for the Eternal Battlegrounds. If you are just entering the queue for the battlegrounds and not checking the borderlands maps first to see if they have space open, you could be missing out on playing in the Borderlands while you wait for a spot to open up for you in the Battlegrounds.

That being said, while we still have worlds that consistently have open spots for more players, it would be fantastic if some players out there could help us spread the WvW population out a bit so we don’t have a few heavily stacked populations facing large queues on some worlds while many other worlds still have room to support people.

While I know this isn’t what most of you wanted to hear, I also want all of you to know that we are still investigating numerous other options we can take to help resolve some of these ongoing queue issues and we’ve been discussing them internally every day to see what would provide everyone with the best long term solution, but we wont have anything ready on that front for quite a while.

Ideally, we would see some people move from worlds with extreme queue times to worlds that need additional people and start building up active wvw communities there as well. Having more worlds with heavily active populations in WvW will be a very good thing for the long term health of the game, and spreading out the population will help reduce the queue times on the worlds with the longest queues.

While queues do indeed suck, the fact that they are this bad is because so many of you are trying to play and that is actually one of the best possible problems we can have at this point. It may sound silly, but it means that there are quite a few of you out there are enjoying the game and we’re thrilled that so many of you are out there trying to fight for your world. We will do our best to make sure you can.

Finally, I would like to ask everyone to post any additional queue comments to this thread only from now on and refrain from creating additional threads about it.

Thank you all for your understanding and patience.

I think GW2 is a pretty great game. I promised myself I wouldn’t play another MMO but you guys actually made one that I wanted to come back to the genre for. Anyway, I’ve been thinking about ways to fix this que problem. I know if you make it so more players can join the maps it would make more lag, esp for people with lower end machines. You could instance the games but I think that would ruin the awesome idea of server vs server matches. Yeah less people queing would fix the problem, if servers were split or people decided to spread out more, that would work, but it’s hard to control that I feel. In the end I think the best way to fix this problem is to make more areas that players can fight for. This would allow players to play wvw and contribute to the same game, lowering the que time for everyone while still maintaining these great wvw matches. I know the work and time it takes to make more areas, but in the end I think that would be the best choice. Anyway, these are just my 2cents.

in WvW

Draygo.9473

More areas to fight for is just going to damage low pop servers even more.

Anet needs to offer incentives for guilds to transfer from queued servers to non-queued servers.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

in WvW

Posted by: Nefar.8135

Nefar.8135

I like many others came to this game for one reason, WvW with siege combat. I have been playing Online RPG’s and running guilds with the same people for 18 years. Yes, nearly two decades. We have always been PvP/RP centered and our server of choice was Tarnished coast (unofficial rp server). We are finding that it is impossible to get through the Q’s so we can function as a guild in WvW. Furthermore it also hinders working with other guild(s) in an alliance settings because of these ridicules Q times.

I’m sorry Mike, but I find ‘move’ to another server unacceptable. What happens when that server gets full…Move to another one? Which by that time we will have to purchase a server transfer. Not going to happen.

So no, we are not enjoying the ‘game’ because we can’t access the only real reason we are here in the first place…. Siege warfare. Considering your post it would seem that we will have no viable option to function as a guild in WvW combat for quite a long time, if ever. That is quite unfortunate and will eventually lead to like minded people simply not playing.

in WvW

Draygo.9473

Nefar, how do you suggest anet balance pops in wvw between servers without getting people to move?

You have a viable option, its move. Its the only viable option.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

in WvW

Draygo.9473

Also at this point i doubt Kaineng will ever see a queue in the forseeable future.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

in WvW

Posted by: fefner.5729

fefner.5729

The lower ranked servers still have queues so if you make ppl from the higher populated servers go to the lesser ones it will just make the lesser servers have bigger queues, this isn’t the way to sort this out. The best way to sort this out is to have a mirrored match-up on an overflow server where those on the overflow can still gain points for their server. When places come available on the main match-up you get transfer’d there. This will let everyone who wants to WvW in and help their server. Lots of ppl on the beta warned Anet of these massive server alliances for just WvW that were being made which had well over the cap. Players will never transfer as most WvW guilds are part of these massive alliances.

Also part of the problem is that lots of players are heading to these zones to zerg it up getting cheap xp and karma by taking points then moving on. Players are not even bothered in killing enemy players since there is no point, no reward, there needs to be a reward system for killing players this will reduce the zerg meaning it could reduce lag and other problems like players not loading til they are right next to the player. Dying and releasing should have a negative effect on servers points, ie X amount of players release = loss of points.

in WvW

Posted by: Mistalya.4812

Mistalya.4812

Hello Mike,

Here is my bottom line, and I believe many folks may also have this bottom line.

I bought the game to do WvW.
My average queue time is 3 hours.
I will not be able to play with folks I’ve played with for 10+ years if I move without them.
I am bored with PvE.
I will soon stop playing Guild Wars 2 out of boredom.

I love them game.
I love WvW when I get in.
I see lots of potential for loads of fun.

But as of right now, it is becoming a waste of my time.

This. I bought and paid extra money for the influence book and now I’m being told transfer and lose all that? Unacceptable. We deliberately rolled on the lowest pop server and now it’s the highest pop and I get to play in wvw about once every week if I’m lucky. I hit the “queue” button a millisecond too late last night for reset so I may not even get to play this week. That will make it about 2 weeks since I’ve gotten to play in WvW.

So options at this point are – transfer and lose all guild progress or just deal with it. Does ArenaNet not see how that is unacceptable? Having worked for MMO companies in the past, it’s your job to maintain server balance. It may very well be that there are some issues on the back end that we can’t see but this can’t go on for much longer. The hardest part about maintaining an MMO is keeping your playerbase. This is causing some significant dents to all facets of the playerbase – casuals and the hardcore which makes it so imperative to fix.

It’s my humble suggestion that some band-aid fixes be put in place in lieu of some more permanent ones. For example, offering incentives to transfer to “Low Pop server of the Month”. Offer 100 gems (or whatever you feel is appropriate) and a free transfer to the servers in dire need of more people.

Immediately close transfers to servers at capacity. They may not be at capacity on the technical side, but on the gameplay side they are way past full. Cease these immediately.

Offer a way for guilds to transfer as groups so they do not lose their bonuses. People would be much more willing to move around if they did not feel all their hard work was going to go down the drain. Also, those that bought the collector’s edition are unfairly penalized by the lack of this feature.

I want to play the hell out of this game. I want to love this game. But myself and many others are in the unique position of the game not allowing it. It’s an interesting and unfortunate set of circumstances – perhaps the first of it’s kind. The sooner it gets put to rest the better for everyone.

in WvW

Posted by: Click.5123

Click.5123

Here’s a novel idea: don’t allow low levels (sub 30) to get into WvW.

They’re usually canon fodder and takes the space of level 80, geared PvP’ers.

in WvW

Posted by: Helheimr.2485

Helheimr.2485

Kaineng has 0 queue times at all times, and TOOOOONS of opportunity to take the fight to the enemy.

The server is last place solely due to it’s small population. The server has plenty of pvp/wvw oriented players on it who transferred over looking for fights, not just to “win”.

It’s significantly more enjoyable to take a tower, keep and supply and set up fortifications and crush enemy zergs with fewer players than roll in a big blob like the “winning” servers.

in WvW

Draygo.9473

Here’s a novel idea: don’t allow low levels (sub 30) to get into WvW.

They’re usually canon fodder and takes the space of level 80, geared PvP’ers.

Please no. We struggle already on kaineng population wise, and this would make it much worse. I have several sub level 30 friends that play with me.

Please, before you think of a suggestion, think of kaineng.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

in WvW

Posted by: Ahmrill.7512

Ahmrill.7512

Please – the number one priority is to FIX THE QUE’s and make them work like a standard que. It’s a complete que lottery atm and completely destroys attempts to group with friends and guild members.

We don’t mind waiting in ques as much as long as we get in at roughly the same time.

Ahmrill
Proud member of [NORD] Nordvegr Guild
Jade Quarry

in WvW

AgentMango.4853

More areas to fight for is just going to damage low pop servers even more.

Anet needs to offer incentives for guilds to transfer from queued servers to non-queued servers.

That’s a good point.. that fix only works on high pop… then you would have to move the people from low pop to high pop servers and add the extra zones. or.. yeah there needs to be a big incentive to get people to move to low pop servers. Maybe make an awesome looking weapon that only people that transfer can get. That might inspire people to move.

Someone mentioned doing making a overflow for wvw.. that would ruin the concept of servers vs server because what happens when in one instance red is winning and in another one green is.. there wouldn’t be a way to manage server wide bonuses for winning and in the end it wouldn’t work. Maybe if the overflow instance didn’t count to the server vs server and it was just a place for the farmers to farm… maybe ad a farming bonus so people would go there instead of wvw to farm.

in WvW

AgentMango.4853

Please – the number one priority is to FIX THE QUE’s and make them work like a standard que. It’s a complete que lottery atm and completely destroys attempts to group with friends and guild members.

We don’t mind waiting in ques as much as long as we get in at roughly the same time.

The problem with that is that on high pop servers what will happen is people that are hardcore will wake up at 3am to que and casual players will never be able to get into wvw because it would be always filled by first come first serve.. I think a random que fixes that in letting more casual players have a chance.. But yeah, I agree, that needs to be fixed because guild pvp is one of the main parts of this game, so it’s gonna be important to come up with a solution.

in WvW

Posted by: Rabinu.6423

Rabinu.6423

The fluffy pandas adventure coming out September 25, will be better after that Just have a little more patience !

in WvW

Posted by: Saerith.2015

Saerith.2015

Here are some changes that would make queues more bearable?

Let us know the total number of players queued and our position in that queue. Example: You are #24 out of 35 total players queued up for Eternal Battlegrounds from your server.

Also, make it the standard first come, first serve queue.

Lastly, implement population cap tiers. If all servers can put forth 200 people on a map, and all of them have an additional 25 people queued up, increase the cap by 25 players temporarily (just as an example – I have no idea what caps are currently).

I’d also cap each server specifically instead of the total population per map. Don’t limit maps to 500 total players just so server A can load in 350 players and dominate the other two servers (I hope this is how the queues work already).

in WvW

Posted by: hargrave.8013

hargrave.8013

the problem is they should have looked into this ahead of time. As for the arguement “oh just go transfer” well thats not a solution either all your doing is moving the same problem to another server.

The problem lies with arenet and the servers. I dont like the false advertising going on for wvw either its not accurate to say what they do when the reality is you can only get in 25% of the time and your lucky “IF” your kin all gets in with you or your wife im close to uninstalling fed up with the ques

in WvW

Posted by: PhiLL.1746

PhiLL.1746

My thoughts….
1- Close transfers and new chars to servers with long wvw queues
2- Open transfers and new chars to servers with short queues
3- Create something that shows how many are queued and your position on it
4- Create a special transfer that allows an entire guild to move to another server without losing anything
5- Promote transfers by giving influence, karma or whatever is necessary to players and guilds

The game is new…people are getting levels and exploring.
Soon, some will desperately want to do WvW.
You need to do those things ASAP.

in WvW

Posted by: nysta.6713

nysta.6713

if you move to a server which is full, or high population, how can you not expect a queue?

for the record, my wife and i moved to another server and have 0seconds queue now. and we seem to be getting a lot more fighting done. seemed henge spent a lot of time being empty when you got in, because the other sides were refusing to fight, or you got into a map and it was all yours and boring and there’s a queue to get into the other which has one place not already taken by henge. yawn.

our guild perks? yeah, we lost those. but we’ve still got our name, and still got our fun.

there is no problem. the only problem is you all don’t want to move for fear of having to actually face the challenge of shock playing the game. much easier to sit in a queue and complain about it.

but at least you’re in an awesomesauce guild alliance and your server’s number 1, amirite?

in WvW

Posted by: Mockingjay.8723

Mockingjay.8723

Bit late to this party, but I’m actually rather offended that ArenaNet would post something like this. Asking players to disrupt their communities is outrageous. Even just a short period of time into the game, communities have developed and server loyalty is starting to happen and solidify.

Queue times are not in any way, shape or form the players’ fault. It’s not our fault WvW is something fun to participate in.

It’s not our fault the servers have been expanded beyond any logical point. At this point, brand new servers should be added instead of just expanding existing ones. It dilutes communities, and allows for a lot of the free-loading in WvW that worsens these WvW queues.

It’s not our fault that there are only four maps. If there were more maps available to players, with 150 person capacities (or whatever it is currently), then people would be much, much happier. Plus I think GW2’s WvW would be much more attractive if there were eventually 10 maps as opposed to the four we have now… (note: 10 is simply an example)

It’s not our fault that WvW communities have become both diluted and concentrated at the same time. Every time the servers are expanded, more people who are genuinely interested in WvW flock to WvW-focused servers. At the exact same time, communities are diluted by the freeloaders who just want to win and not enjoy it at the same time. Again, servers need to be added, not expanded.

I really hope that people don’t listen to this post and stay on the servers they love and are comfortable on. I have never seen any other game have their staff come out and tell people to move – granted I haven’t seen many games on the same scale as GW2… but the point is still there.

in WvW

Posted by: Thipp.2693

Thipp.2693

One of the largest draws for this game is the WvW. We are several weeks in with a guild of 90ish people and a fair bit of work put into our guild including quite a few members who bought the game with the influence books that have since been used. As things stand right now it is basically impossible to get a group of 20 people into WvW on our server (Fort Aspenwood) because most of us have queue timers that run 2, 3, 4+ hours (except for the people who can somehow log on and get straight into WvW because the queue system is a joke).

Start the guild over again on a new server and have everyone move in the hope that the new server will not result in hours of queues after more people move over in unacceptable.

If you can’t fix the problem and you won’t lock full servers or transfer guild progress to new servers then I don’t see myself playing the game much longer. Hours of blindly sitting in queue fearing a disconnect that scraps my progress (especially while other people who queued earlier are getting in) is not even remotely what I would consider fun.

in WvW

Posted by: Mirette.7821

Mirette.7821

In my opinion:

ArenaNet needs to act fast – I expect most of us came to this game to play WvW, and if the game is going to be the success it has the potential to be, then we need to be able to play WvW.

Long queues – not acceptable (really, it would be best if there was no queue at all)
Disrupting communities – not acceptable.

The following needs to happen:
Immediately:
1. Close transfers to the high pop servers
2. Allow guilds to transfer as guilds, with all influence and bonuses intact
3. Offer personal and guild incentives to transfer to the lowest pop servers
4. Stop transfers to those lower pop servers when their pop becomes large enough
5. Open sufficient WvW overflow areas, so that everyone who wants to play WvW can get in. As this is an emergency fix, just use duplicates of the WvW zones, no rewards no bonuses, just a place to play. This will be short term and temporary.

Very quickly (as a matter of priority):
6. Add sufficient additional zones to the ‘real’ (not overflow) WvW map, so that a all players who want to play WvW at one time can be accommodated . Have these zones accessible to players of low pop servers, for exploring, vistas and achievements, but disable
all WvW aspects. (I take no credit for this idea, someone above mentioned it, but I think its the only sensible solution).
7. Invest in better server hardware / software so that the existing zones can cope with greater load
8. Give players more graphics options so that we can optimise frame rate.

This is a really great game so far. But I think the ‘make or break’ is resting on how quickly this and how well this is solved.

in WvW

Posted by: Avon Vale.5936

Avon Vale.5936

One of the problems has been stated many times. Expanding a server vs Locking a server.
Instead of locking the servers people are flocking to the winning servers. Which leads into problem 2, everyone wants to be part of the winning team so they simply move their account to the winning servers instead of staying on the lower pop servers. Which in turn leads to problem 3, the imbalance in the teams in the actual Battle.

Quite simply, put a cap on the number from each server to be in a specific borderlands/Eternal Battleground. It’s frustrating to go in and be completely outnumbers after waiting in queue. I actually thought this was something already in place, and maybe I am just unlucky and seem to be outnumbered all the time, but when I enter and see 100 people from Server A and 20 from my server (with 10 AFK at citadel) it gets kinda old. If there was balance to the amount a team could have in the Battleground, people would have longer queues on higher pop servers. Even longer than now. Thats not to deter anyone from playing with friends, but it’s hard to believe all 10000 people on Server X are all friends and in the same guild. It would, in turn, cause people to move to the lower pop servers and create a balance amongst the servers.
The fact the game has been out 2 weeks (maybe 3?) or so and people are talking about “All the work” they put into the guild. Yes, the principle is that work should not be undone, but at the same time is 2-3 weeks really that much work? That seems like more of an excuse than and actual issue. While based solely on principle I agree, 2 weeks of work really isn’t that much.

in WvW

Posted by: SirPenguin.5931

SirPenguin.5931

Just wanted to add my voice to those confused by Mike’s post. You’re seriously saying it would be “ideal” for people and guilds to move servers? That seems absolutely insane

I mean seriously, that’s a solution that literally will only work if people don’t actually follow it. If everyone did that you’d go from Server A having 3 hour wait time and Server B having a 30 minute wait time to both servers have an 1.5 hour wait time. Not much of an improvement.

in WvW

Posted by: Overunity.4273

Overunity.4273

Does anyone find it strange that an official post wanting focused feedback is not stickied ?
Seems a little unprofessional ?
4 days old 4 full pages and no responses to concerns after specifically asking for said concerns be posted here ?
One feature I believe is a sign of great support is actual in game GM responses and help when it is needed .

We just want to have fun

in WvW

Posted by: Aletheides.5693

Aletheides.5693

There will be no quick fixes to this. Even with the best intentions any solution will take time to implement. As there is no magic wands they can wave around and everything is fluffy.

I myself play on Ruins of Surmia. No queues and constant WvW action as the underdog server = infinite amounts of good fights and fun. What else can you ask for?

I rather be able to have battles and loose the war than to be unable to have battles and win the wars.

Queue to win is not sexy.

in WvW

Posted by: Battousai.7586

Battousai.7586

I think level 80’s should have preference in the queue.

in WvW

Posted by: Aedgyth.4790

Aedgyth.4790

Nefar, how do you suggest anet balance pops in wvw between servers without getting people to move?

They could simply lock servers with queues 30-60 minutes. Then new players and guild joining the game will be funneled to low population servers who need them.

Servers with big queues will then get better over time due to player attrition, and some guilds would tfr to lower population servers (once they know that they will not be faced with hour long queues again in a few weeks). All it takes is for AN to start locking servers – sadly free tfrs are still available to all servers that I am aware off.

in WvW

Posted by: Efaicia.3672

Efaicia.3672

Im not one who enjoys solo PvP in any game, ever. When I queue for WvW it is because my guild has events going on taking us there, we try to hold events twice a week, however at least half of the people trying to attend end up sitting waiting on a queue to pop so it becomes extremely boring and frustrating.

Queue’ing for one while I wait for my pop on another so that I may join my guild is nowhere near fun for me as solo play in wvw is just frustrating.

in WvW

Posted by: kawacatoose.7259

kawacatoose.7259

The queueing system is just broken.

in WvW

Posted by: triscuit.1238

triscuit.1238

If they let everyone in you would be complaining about imbalance.

in WvW

Posted by: Brome.7036

Brome.7036

Hi Mike and thanks for your post.
I’m a member of TA in one of the larger NA guilds. On friday night we had over 150 members online during server reset trying to get on to WvW. As soon as the servers went live we SPAMMED to get into EB. I hit the go button not less then 1 second after reset. 9 hours later i’m still not able to join the 20 members that have made it on so far.

20 people out of 150?
I can send you the fraps.

You HAVE to close of transfers to high pop servers NOW. Should have been done weeks ago before the problem grew to the game breaker it has become.

9 hour ques are not acceptable. HoD population is absurd.

in WvW

Posted by: Richard.8207

Richard.8207

For everyone saying people should transfer servers, how exactly can you make an educated decision about servers? I transferred to Henge since it never showed up as full when I looked, even at peak times where there were like 10 other servers marked as full. And once on Henge, my own queue experience was less than 10 minutes the first couple times I jumped in WvW. It appears those 10 minute queues were just a bug, so I stuck with a server with really long queues because a bug made me think the queues were really short. So how do I avoid doing the same thing?

And while I enjoy WvW a lot, I also enjoy PvE immensely. Henge has coordinated and helpful players out in the world doing dynamic events and everything else the game has to offer, which my prior servers definitely did not. How would I find a server with similarly helpful players without a truly painful approach of trial and error where I have to hope I magically find a decent one before the clock runs out on free transfers and I just get stuck on some miserable server? Has Arenanet said they’ll give major advance warning about disabling free transfers so people don’t get stuck somewhere terrible?

Edit: for clarity, I transferred to Henge a while back and not just yesterday or something.

(edited by Richard.8207)

in WvW

Posted by: Corvindi.5734

Corvindi.5734

They could simply lock servers with queues 30-60 minutes. Then new players and guild joining the game will be funneled to low population servers who need them.

Servers with big queues will then get better over time due to player attrition, and some guilds would tfr to lower population servers (once they know that they will not be faced with hour long queues again in a few weeks). All it takes is for AN to start locking servers – sadly free tfrs are still available to all servers that I am aware off.

This desperately needs to happen, like last week. My indecisive self should not have been able to get back on JQ after I left it. Not at any hour of the day or night.

(I came back because the yak herders were gone, reducing my off-hours queues to something reasonable, but I still shouldn’t have been able to get back on, given the primetime queues.)

I don’t understand why they’re leaving transfers free and open to all worlds. I guess they hope it will cause people to spread out, but why not lock the full worlds and have free and unlimited transfers to the less populated worlds? Do they think heavy queue times will annoy alliances until they split up?

I doubt very much that will happen, and while I’m a member of no alliance (too shy), I feel bad for alliances that got on a server during headstart, staying up late and stressing and going to all that trouble, and then winning matches, and then getting flooded with latecomers. It’s not that I feel sympathy for alliances, but what ever happened to first come, first served?

“…we don’t expect you to be forced into dungeons at endgame.”

~ArenaNet

in WvW

Posted by: kawacatoose.7259

kawacatoose.7259

If they let everyone in you would be complaining about imbalance.

Not everybody get’s a fair change to enter. That makes it broken.

in WvW

Posted by: snowdeano.2967

snowdeano.2967

Is there anyway to put in the information telling us want number we are in the queue and telling us how many people are queued for want map? which would be great in telling people which map they can get in faster and would help in speading more people across all the maps. at the moment all we get it this broaderlands or battlegrounds is full do you want to queue, pretty much leaving us in dark at how long it will be in till we get into a map.

in WvW

Draygo.9473

I was thinking about it,

if you transfer to kaineng you earn 500% more influence, and guild build orders finish 400% faster for one week. That way most guilds will be able to rebuy all their upgrades very quickly. That would be an idea that would require the least amount of work.

I can see making influence global or having guild leaders ‘package up’ their guilds and moving them creating a lot of potential big time bugs if arenanet does that quickly.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

in WvW

Posted by: Docmandu.2914

Docmandu.2914

Just add some pre-L80 WvWvW battlegrounds (like DAoC)… smaller and with less or no contribution to the WvWvW score.. that should free up the main WvWvW zones and give everybody something to do except queue.

in WvW

Posted by: Game.3085

Game.3085

once i saw World vs world in guild wars2 i got my credit ready waiting to buy the game and now i cant do world vs world because
servers cant have so many players in one place
servers cant be fixed now just wait more
…………………………………………
fix it please!

in WvW

Posted by: Hellpunk.1978

Hellpunk.1978

Another solution to get faster queue’s would be to introduce a system that would allow is to queue for all four maps at all.
I just want to play wuvwuv and help out on any map I can but without any reliable information on queue length/time you are just stuck waiting for unknown hours.