Queues for WvW: The Official Thread

in WvW

Posted by: Mog.1589

Mog.1589

If you want to help fix WvW queues you need to first fix the following:

A) The guesting feature

&

B) Guild Influence transfer with guilds

Why? Fixing the guesting will allow those players who want to WvW alot transfer without fear of being able to play with friends who do not WvW.

Guilds that have already completed a lot of upgrades do not want to transfer right now and lose out on a month of progress on guild upgrades.

Its that simple. Fix those and maybe more guilds will be willing to move servers.

[LGN] Legion For We Are Many – a Blackgate guild

in WvW

Posted by: Selthus.3174

Selthus.3174

If you think queues are bad in higher pop servers now, wait until the people waiting until they hit 80 to WvW start hitting 80.

in WvW

Posted by: kjulmer.4892

kjulmer.4892

A simple 1 minute grace period for those who crash in WvW to log back in and skip the queue.

Also group queuing would be great. Some way to queue up 10 or so people from the same guild would be EPIC.

I don’t mind waiting to get in, I don’t expect to go to Outback on Saturday night and there be no wait but I can’t stand getting a sound bug or hard crashing and having to re queue.

in WvW

Posted by: ALABAMA.1562

ALABAMA.1562

Simple solution = Stop Free World Tranfers

in WvW

Posted by: VerdantSF.1507

VerdantSF.1507

Agreed. At the very least, put people in an actual queue that has people in the order of selecting a WvW map. All this randomness, with some people waiting for 45 min, while others log in after them and only wait 5 shouldn’t be happening.

Mitchcraft the Mesmer
Get of Fenris [GoF] on Blackgate

(edited by VerdantSF.1507)

in WvW

Posted by: Goblin Beet Farmer.3045

Goblin Beet Farmer.3045

I think the longer someone has been on a server the higher priority they should have in the queue.

in WvW

Posted by: Cactus.2710

Cactus.2710

I think the longer someone has been on a server the higher priority they should have in the queue.

You’re missing the point. Your suggestion assumes that ANet actually has control over the queue. They very clearly do not. ANet doesn’t even understand why queues are not behaving according to plan, and yet you want them to change the plan to something even more complicated? They can’t fix something if they don’t even know why it’s broken.

D/D Thief who prefers mobility to stealth … so yeah, I die a lot
Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

in WvW

Posted by: salluks.6017

salluks.6017

You’re missing the point. Your suggestion assumes that ANet actually has control over the queue. They very clearly do not. ANet doesn’t even understand why queues are not behaving according to plan, and yet you want them to change the plan to something even more complicated? They can’t fix something if they don’t even know why it’s broken.

this is right, some people really overestimate what the developer can control.

in WvW

Posted by: phabby.8945

phabby.8945

I havn’t read every post just browsed over and since this has been bumped i have a few questions, So the server cap was increased to 500 from what I gather.
I am on server sos, now does the 500 cap apply for all 3 servers in a bl map or tier or 500 for just our server?
Now if its for our server does this cap apply to the tier we are in or each individual BL map.
Something just doesn’t add up

in WvW

Posted by: browolf.3825

browolf.3825

customer dissatisfaction over queues would diminish if we had knowledge about the queue we were in. Simply knowing our position and/or the number of people in the queue before we decide to join would massively reduce frustration. As it is we’re completely blind and we don’t like it!

Piken Square forever

in WvW

Posted by: Wamgor.9347

Wamgor.9347

If you didnt know already your que system is broken… look at the amount of threads on it from various servers both NA & EU

Also your end of free transfers has on top of broken ques, pretty much killing the entire Piken WvW community, as people left dying servers blacktide /others and all cramed onto ours at the last minute which was already full WvW primetime… (despite med pop, alot only play for WvW) and now we are the highest ranked and cheapest option… so go figure where the most likely place people will x fer too especially when low servers have bigger populations than us.

Raid Leader/Officer
The Unlikely Plan (TUP)
Ex Piken Square (EU)

in WvW

Posted by: Phatts.3149

Phatts.3149

I understand this but you can’t expect people to pay to transfer now, especially whole guilds.

What you should do is charge money to jump to a tier 1/2 server and let the rest be free.

Phrozencore the Mesmer
Phattboy the Necro
Phixation the Guardian

in WvW

Posted by: Dokyo.3685

Dokyo.3685

I understand this but you can’t expect people to pay to transfer now, especially whole guilds.

What you should do is charge money to jump to a tier 1/2 server and let the rest be free.

You realize this thread was started over 4 months ago, and someone just dragged it up to the front page. He was asking people to transfer then when it was still free.

I’ve got to say that I don’t really feel that bad for people with the long queues, except for the original inhabitants. What did all those people who jumped onto the top few server expect? Long queue times and lots of zerging is what they should have expected, I’m actually glad several guilds transferred off my server. I’m happy to play in the tier 3-5 range.

Ketseras
Crystal Desert – Tonic [Lime]

in WvW

Cactus.2710

You realize this thread was started over 4 months ago, and someone just dragged it up to the front page. He was asking people to transfer then when it was still free.

I’ve got to say that I don’t really feel that bad for people with the long queues, except for the original inhabitants. What did all those people who jumped onto the top few server expect? Long queue times and lots of zerging is what they should have expected, I’m actually glad several guilds transferred off my server. I’m happy to play in the tier 3-5 range.

What you need to realize is that the long queues are NOT simply a population issue. Players in the same guild have queued at the exact same time only to enter the game after wildly different waiting periods. Players have endured waiting periods approaching an hour only to find the map practically deserted when they get there.

Something is broken in the system and ANet simply isn’t looking hard enough to find it. It appears to me (based upon the very few official comments they’ve made on the subject) that they’ve been looking at the queue times without looking at the actual logged in population numbers, and that they’ve been thinking in terms of demand instead of considering the possibility of a bug.

This has nothing to do with server jumping and everything to do with some sort of server side software glitch.

Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

in WvW

Posted by: Swamurabi.7890

Swamurabi.7890

I’d like to feel like I’m part of the “Community” as you often talk about but there’s just too little facts from a player’s perspective combined with too little distribution of the actual game mechanics from Anet for there to be a sense that I can help make GW2 a better game.

Taking this thread as an example

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/Any-Tarnished-Coast-citizens-agree

How well does your observations of map population, que times, que order reflect what is actually going on.

How do you get a full server with low WvW players to get PvE players to leave and have WvW players replace them?

How do you stop a Medium server with high WvW players (long que time) from getting even more WvW players?

in WvW

Posted by: Visiroth.5914

Visiroth.5914

As many of you know, it is possible for someone to queue up for a map after you and get in first. We’re trying to get that fixed as soon as possible but unfortunately we still need a bit more time to solve the problem. We will definitely keep you updated when there is any news on our progress.

I’m pretty sure this is still happening . Tonight a guildmate queued for WvW, followed by a second guildmate for the same map. The second guildmate got in WvW first, and commented how it was strange he beat the first guy in.

in WvW

Posted by: fade.8603

fade.8603

Is the culling fix pertaining to lowering cap pop for WvWs? May I know if there is a decrease in the cap?

Is the pop cap in WvW dynamic?

BlackGate

in WvW

Posted by: Jovani.9207

Jovani.9207

To help with this wouldn’t it be best if you guys gave the people in the higher rank servers ( high population servers ) the ability to move to lower population servers for free and keep charging gems to the lower populations to be able to move to higher population servers so you guys can encourage others to spread out to multiple servers that could use more people therefore balancing the population flow in the servers?

in WvW

Posted by: Erinshaw.8035

Erinshaw.8035

I am not convinced that the Whole problem is the higher populated WVW servers. For over a week now I have experienced queues on Yaks Bend. Yet when you get in you are being smashed last week by huge numbers of the kain army. Today 4 hour queues on all 4 maps. This has never been seen before. 1 hour maybe at reset thats the most. We have lost a few and gained a few but have not had any major movement in wvw groups/population. So simply to blame this on the tup 2-3 tiers in my opinion is incorrect. When whole teams cant get in something is wrong is the state of Denmark. Also the number of posts says there is a problem so is everyones percetion wrong. I think it outstrips the qq threads on thieves. Why also are so many D/Cing ummm I smell a bug in the works. I blame Mags thir flame ram god lingered after they smashed us

The Older Gamers (TOG) wvw guild leader

in WvW

Posted by: lionspride.7596

lionspride.7596

This problem is detrimental to more casual servers because they have a less hardcore player base. The more people you have leaving the match after playing a couple hours the worse the problem is. Hardcore servers where people are playing for 10-12 hours and not logging out aren’t affected to the same degree.

Anet please listen to your player base. When you have so many people seeing the exact same thing something is wrong. The data is not correct, those people who the client says are present simply aren’t.

Pride Nightshade [TV] – 80 Ranger
Leader, Transcendent Veneration – Tarnished Coast
http://transcendentveneration.guildportal.com

in WvW

Posted by: covenn.7165

covenn.7165

Before reset, we were camping TC’s spawn in a BL and the people we saw had outmanned buff…. but according to them they couldnt get people in the zone due to queues.

How can you have an outmanned buff and a queue?

in WvW

Posted by: DanKNuggets.6732

DanKNuggets.6732

Go and take notes from a game that has FUN servers vs server wars DAOC, if you can come up with a system half as good, i’d keep playing

in WvW

Posted by: Magnetron.5823

Magnetron.5823

Yesterday i was in Desolation server, 1 hour and 30 minutes queue on all borders! I play this game for WvW, and i have fun with it.. But after waiting for so long i just ALT+F4 the game..

Desolation Queues keep on growing and growing and i dont want to move to a less populated server because i made all friends here and i am not a server hopper. Before we just had max 20 minutes queue time and im ok with that. But longer then an hour, i mean come on..

Then atleast show a number how many ppl are waiting, so i can Alt F4 earlier instead of waiting for so long.

Thanks

Born in the Desolation. Die for Desolation.

in WvW

Posted by: Cat Amiss.9463

Cat Amiss.9463

haha yeah we had guildies waiting over 5-6 Hours in qeue last night at reset, had a qeue on all 4 maps within a couple seconds of reset :P it was pretty kitten /p>

hopefully there’s some nice fixes for all these problems in the Feb patch now that were in Feb

80 Elementalist – Sykotik Death
Leader of FEAR – Sanctum of Rall
www.feargw2.com

in WvW

Posted by: Dal.5872

Dal.5872

Right I’m sorry Anet but your player caps on maps IS bugged.

Aurora Glade a fairly happy tier 5 slowly working towards tier 4 server (with only ever a queue at reset) has descended into 2-8 hour queues on ALL borders.

When on any of these borders it is highly evident that there is not more than another 40-50 players of our side in the zone.

Please, please, please stop telling us this is due to people moving. Aurora Glade has received 1 new guild of note in the last 7-14 days who field upto 20 members in WvW. This is no where near enough to take a server with NO queues to a server with a queue on EVERY border. There is something fundamentally wrong or you have tinkered with player limits intentionally or unintentionally… Either way it needs fixing and not crummy stats analysing.

IGN: Dal Brinium

in WvW

Posted by: HoukaKetsueki.6924

HoukaKetsueki.6924

Yeah, been in queues longer now. Some people get in first before me, but I queued before them lol. Is the queue some kind of lottery or something?

Koko Puffz / Kokoro Chan
Coerce[LOLI]
Tarnished Coast Asian Roamer

in WvW

Posted by: TurtleofPower.5641

TurtleofPower.5641

Player count on map seems broken on Yak’s Bend. I don’t know if it’s an issue with the queue being broken so it thinks there are people on that aren’t… or WHAT but we have hours wait time and then 50 people on EB.

in WvW

Posted by: Vena.8436

Vena.8436

Player count on map seems broken on Yak’s Bend. I don’t know if it’s an issue with the queue being broken so it thinks there are people on that aren’t… or WHAT but we have hours wait time and then 50 people on EB.

This is pretty much the case with every server at this point.

Vena/Var – Guardian/Thief
[Eon] – Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: Draygo.9473

Draygo.9473

I have a new theory.

I think it is possible that for some reason when a queue pops for an individual the client is refusing to display the queue pop dialog box. This causes the server to have to wait for that progress bar to expire, then it reinserts that player into the queue.

This could also explain why some people get in <30 mins when you have some people waiting 2+ hours in the same queue.

This can also explain why some servers are down on pop, the heavier the queue the more often this situation happens, and thus more slots are being ‘reserved’ for players that are missing the dialog popup.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

in WvW

Cactus.2710

I have a new theory.

I think it is possible that for some reason when a queue pops for an individual the client is refusing to display the queue pop dialog box. This causes the server to have to wait for that progress bar to expire, then it reinserts that player into the queue.

This could also explain why some people get in <30 mins when you have some people waiting 2+ hours in the same queue.

This can also explain why some servers are down on pop, the heavier the queue the more often this situation happens, and thus more slots are being ‘reserved’ for players that are missing the dialog popup.

Interesting thought. Isn’t it sad, though, that we have to try to analyze this problem from the outside instead of Anet doing it from the inside? So far all ANet has done is look at the queues and conclude that the numbers in the queue “look reasonable”. If we can find anomalies in how the game works you’d think that they should be able to. The difference, of course, is that we care enough to bother.

Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

in WvW

Posted by: crewthief.8649

crewthief.8649

I have a new theory.

Interesting thought. Isn’t it sad, though, that we have to try to analyze this problem from the outside instead of Anet doing it from the inside? So far all ANet has done is look at the queues and conclude that the numbers in the queue “look reasonable”. If we can find anomalies in how the game works you’d think that they should be able to. The difference, of course, is that we care enough to bother.

Well, I know I won’t stick around much longer in light of all the issues with WvW since launch. Been waiting and waiting for some of these nearly game breaking issues to get fixed, and nothing seems to have been done. Very frustrating. There are games out there that do large scale PvP much smoother than this. I suppose i’m just attached to my toons to an extent, but not so attached that I won’t simply move on.

< JADE QUARRY >
Zabroshan – 80 Guardian / Sorroe – 80 Mesmer
Hands Off My Octopus

in WvW

Posted by: Morkai.7021

Morkai.7021

if dev cants debug their code lets help them.. currently outmanned and a 3h+ queue for most people, thou some get in after 5mins?!?. and there are less than 30 people on the entire map.

rollcalls and headcounts repeatedly dont get us past 30. and no they aint hiding in jp / pve corners.

in WvW

Posted by: Shoo.9016

Shoo.9016

There was an answer, that queues is not a bug. So, devs can fix their code, and they did it.

in WvW

Posted by: crewthief.8649

crewthief.8649

There was an answer, that queues is not a bug. So, devs can fix their code, and they did it.

Yeah, I read that in another thread…that they lowered the cap in WvW without announcing it. Interesting, they’re getting very good at unannounced changes, or major changes that are announced at the last minute. Guess you have to expect this sort of thing in a cash shop game, huh?

< JADE QUARRY >
Zabroshan – 80 Guardian / Sorroe – 80 Mesmer
Hands Off My Octopus

in WvW

Posted by: RockonHarder.7235

RockonHarder.7235

It’s very simple. When you enter a Que you get assigned a number. then make it posted how many people actually are ahead of you.

this would really put alot more peoples mind at ease.

Deathmonger esq lvl 80 necro
DB forever!!

in WvW

Posted by: Kerithlan.1659

Kerithlan.1659

Say it with me everyone: queue. You’re saying que, which is a totally different language (it’s Spanish). One more time now: queue.

Fosthe — Sylvari Elementalist
Men of Science [MoS] – Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

But Anet cant do that! It would expose the bugs…

Yet another guild member stood in queue for 30+mins today. Adviced him to requeue. Popped after a couple of mins.

My theory is that is that Anet uses the FIRO queue system instead of FIFO. That’s First In Random Out.

So if you where to expose the queue line to users, it would probably say something like… “Snarflick/72” or “¹û19?:Ž/58”.

in WvW

Posted by: BroScientist.9875

BroScientist.9875

I’m really starting to think it’s not a bug. They must have significantly decreased the population cap because we were getting hour long queues immediately after reset. Actually, it may even be a combination of the two. Bugs+population cap decrease=not a good combo with ESO right around the corner.

in WvW

Vena.8436

I’m really starting to think it’s not a bug. They must have significantly decreased the population cap because we were getting hour long queues immediately after reset. Actually, it may even be a combination of the two. Bugs+population cap decrease=not a good combo with ESO right around the corner.

Its not right around any corner, its a good many months away and I pray to god TESO doesn’t release in the state its in currently…

Its pretty clear that they didn’t decrease the cap, when people finally started getting through the queue, there were sizable forces on the field, the problem was getting through the queue. You can have maps with 30 people on it and hit a queue, which you realize the moment you enter and find three commanders in one spot leading a total of twenty people. You can also have maps with 100+ with multiple zergs heading every which way under a commander. This literally happened last night on EBG for Blackgate late CST. We started with some ridiculously low number of people in a zerg that was everyone on the map… of about thirty people, and by the time we went to bed and as people started coming in reporting “lower queues” we had people all over the map and under various commanders.

There is clearly something wrong when the queue somehow shortens as more people get into a map. We had also been telling everyone that, as they leave, to use a portal to get out of WvW and not log out in WvW.

[Eon] – Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: PolarApe.9351

PolarApe.9351

I just want to know how a BL can be queued when it’s not even close to full? This is a new and unwelcome problem I’ve seen this weekend more than once.

Maguuma has had a queue for the last three hours, while we don’t have more than 30-35 players in the map.

Shi’s bugged yo.

in WvW

Posted by: Sonshyne Lavin.2750

Sonshyne Lavin.2750

Either your ques are totally crapped out right now (considering multiple members of my guild are getting in before me even though they qued after me) or you need to make an adjustment to how wvw and pop caps work.

To me, it makes no sense to have the longest ques in the best wvw servers. You penalize players that want to play against the best by making them sick of having to wait just to play the game.

For the love of god, please fix this.

in WvW

Posted by: Chiolas.1326

Chiolas.1326

That being said, while we still have worlds that consistently have open spots for more players, it would be fantastic if some players out there could help us spread the WvW population out a bit so we don’t have a few heavily stacked populations facing large queues on some worlds while many other worlds still have room to support people.

(…)

Ideally, we would see some people move from worlds with extreme queue times to worlds that need additional people and start building up active wvw communities there as well. Having more worlds with heavily active populations in WvW will be a very good thing for the long term health of the game, and spreading out the population will help reduce the queue times on the worlds with the longest queues.

I detect several problems here:

1- You removed free transfers so your request is a bit late :P

2- Not speaking for myself because I’m “SFR born and raised” and it’s unlikely that I leave, but I’d also like to see population spreading out. The main problem I see is that we don’t have any reliable information on the server’s population. As an extreme example, EU’s Blacktide is currently dead regarding WvW, however it shows as “Very High” or “Full” in the world selection only because of PvE. If people transferred there then that could mean there’s a very big PvE population or a big and clueless WvW population, we have no way to know. AFAIK Planetside2 releases that kind of information and it works.

2.1 – In this case, priority in the queue for regular WvWers would be a must, otherwise the PvE folk would clog up the maps when the server is winning (thanks to the real WvWers) and abandon them when the server is losing. No real WvWer wants team mates with such low dedication, so they won’t transfer at all if they know they can get stuck in the queue just because the PvEers are bored and want to do the jumping puzzle

3- Still about the population spreading out… Currently the winner/T1 is the server with more people. The game right now disencourages population spreading because: 1) game mechanics favour the most numerous side, not much to say here as you’ll just have to slowly work it out; 2) the Outmanned buff is a joke; 3) It’s a fact that no one should be stopped from playing regardless the time, but in my opinion it’s ridiculous that the effort of someone that fights empty keeps is rewarded in the same way as the effort of someone fighting equal or bigger numbers, that only encourages servers to get as many people as possible, not to spread the population as you intend.

Quit WvW and Gw2 in August 2013

(edited by Chiolas.1326)

in WvW

Posted by: Terra Dactyl.2047

Terra Dactyl.2047

Either your ques are totally crapped out right now (considering multiple members of my guild are getting in before me even though they qued after me) or you need to make an adjustment to how wvw and pop caps work.

To me, it makes no sense to have the longest ques in the best wvw servers. You penalize players that want to play against the best by making them sick of having to wait just to play the game.

For the love of god, please fix this.

When the queues are working normally, you have longer queues on higher tiers because there are more people who want to WvW. (not coincidentally why they’re in a higher tier). That part makes sense. They’re not going to give higher tier servers a larger population cap than everyone else.

Having queues for a map where your server has the outmanned buff on the other hand does not make any sense. I’ve been in queue for over an hour for a borderlands that has my guild (maybe 25-30 people tops) and a handful of pugs following them in it. Not even sentry points are being flipped elsewhere on the map. Something is fubar and needs to be fixed asap. Like preferably yesterday.

in WvW

Posted by: Pvp.2758

Pvp.2758

Keep the jumping puzzle in EB, but PLEASE remove it from taking up the population # in EB.

Players entering the jumping puzzle from EB will be leaving EB and if they wish to return they will have to wait in queue.

S(KILL) Gametypes > WvW & sPVP

in WvW

Posted by: Empyre.2531

Empyre.2531

Is the culling fix pertaining to lowering cap pop for WvWs? May I know if there is a decrease in the cap?

Exactly what happened. They tried to ninja boost their culling fix by reducing player cap by estimated 20-25%. Funny enough it failed and made culling worse, alongside kittening up everyone who isn’t in a zone 1-2h before primetime.

Look at your server logs. There are queues while being outmanned in a zone. Is that possible? Does that mean one side has a higher player cap than the other? If yes, instantly reset the matchup and restart it, after fixing it.

Clearly, ANet doesn’t want to cater to the WvW community. Their bets are on pve and e-sport (spvp) atm.

A heads up ANet. Our Guild vs Guild in a WvW zone stream had more viewers then those of your teams that played in pre release alpha at their peaks. That is without any advertising at that point.
On average we got more viewers just doing WvW than before mentioned spvp top players doing spvp.

Don’t you think that hourlong queues are an indicatation for people actually interested in WvW? To say in words you understand, customers (=cash) want to WvW.

[RG]

(edited by Empyre.2531)

in WvW

Posted by: Ruprect.7260

Ruprect.7260

This needs to be fixed NOW! We are outmanned 4 to 1 on our BL right now and we have an hour and a half queue.

This is unacceptable, they are going to have to have another reset after they fix this mess.

I did a put a 1 in map if you are on this map this morning after about a 20 min queue. 22 ppl responded and that seemed to be about what was in the map at the time. Even if only 1/4 of them responded and I magically did not see the other 66 if the ppl in the map. Where were the other 70+ ppl that should be there if there is a queue.

This is kitten

Ruprect – [DIS] Dissentient
Mesmer/Elementalist/Guardian/Necromancer/Warrior
[TC] Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: Rosie.5329

Rosie.5329

This was posted 4 months ago. I skimmed the pages, and saw no update. If you are discussing this regularly internaly, is there something you can share?

The idea of more maps could improve these que times.

But one thing I am noticing is the lack of information on how things work. Is the que a first come first serve type thing? Is it detremental to que from an overflow map? How many people per server are actually on the map? Is the que being used to help keep the numbers “even” per server? Is the que also limiting the numbers of a particular guild that can join at once?

This week on reset nught we had the que start within seconds of the BLs opening. We did not get even half the guild numbers in. And many of our WvW guilds organized as to which map we would go to with our people, to try and minimize this type of thing. I know that the higher pop servers are going to have more issues… but 4 hours in que… and some people get in within 10 min for the same BL… Something seems to be not quite right…

in WvW

Posted by: Hackuuna.4085

Hackuuna.4085

That being said, while we still have worlds that consistently have open spots for more players, it would be fantastic if some players out there could help us spread the WvW population out a bit so we don’t have a few heavily stacked populations facing large queues on some worlds while many other worlds still have room to support people.

(…)

Ideally, we would see some people move from worlds with extreme queue times to worlds that need additional people and start building up active wvw communities there as well. Having more worlds with heavily active populations in WvW will be a very good thing for the long term health of the game, and spreading out the population will help reduce the queue times on the worlds with the longest queues.

I detect several problems here:

1- You removed free transfers so your request is a bit late :P

That post you are quoting is from 4 months ago.

in WvW

Vena.8436

Six of the top ten threads, are about the queue.

[Eon] – Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: Mona.4576

Mona.4576

A new official statement would be nice!!