Queues for WvW: The Official Thread

in WvW

Posted by: GottFaust.5297

GottFaust.5297

A new official statement would be nice!!

They’ve given you plenty of official statements. The queues are the result of a large number of people transferring to a small subset of servers. Hell, they even referenced this fact as one of the reasons they did the ranking reset.

Iron Bound [IB] – Gates of Madness

in WvW

Posted by: Vohnnyan.4058

Vohnnyan.4058

They’ve given you plenty of official statements. The queues are the result of a large number of people transferring to a small subset of servers. Hell, they even referenced this fact as one of the reasons they did the ranking reset.

Where can I read this official statement?

in WvW

Posted by: Pinko.2076

Pinko.2076

I just want to know how a BL can be queued when it’s not even close to full? This is a new and unwelcome problem I’ve seen this weekend more than once.

Maguuma has had a queue for the last three hours, while we don’t have more than 30-35 players in the map.

Shi’s bugged yo.

Echoing this.

I’m a really skeptical person on the whines from people in this forum, so I didn’t buy into it until Mag BL today. We were struggling on two fronts and didn’t have the bodies to spread west, east, and stop camps. Brushed it off to low participation until I heard there was a queue. I checked every area multiple times, and couldn’t find more than 40ish people. The queue was there for about 5 hours until we lost everything.

I really hope Anet is looking into this. If you did reduce pop caps, then just say so. Then we can plan WvW strategy around the new cap, because it really changes how you need to play. Any response from Anet is welcome on this.

in WvW

GottFaust.5297

There’s a nice big one on the first page of this thread.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/Any-Tarnished-Coast-citizens-agree/first

There are also many more scattered around.

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

As has been stated before the OTT queues didn’t start until this reset, a week after free transfers stopped. And its not only the top tier servers experiencing the problem.

Related to the OTT queues is also the problem of inconsistent populations between servers on the 1 map which has received no comment whatsoever.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Vohnnyan.4058

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/Any-Tarnished-Coast-citizens-agree/first

Thank you for the help, so this is why we have queues on every server with active population, even tough maps are empty compared to the last week, its because people are messing with the queue system, waiting for the travel to borderland timer to go down before re-entering the queue, and if they do press to travel, the massive duration and strain that all this causes on the servers prevents 30-40 other players from getting a pop in 1 hour, when in the previous week they had to wait 5-10 mins to enter a full map.

in WvW

Posted by: Jackie.1829

Jackie.1829

Thank you for the help, so this is why we have queues on every server with active population, even tough maps are empty compared to the last week, its because people are messing with the queue system, waiting for the travel to borderland timer to go down before re-entering the queue, and if they do press to travel, the massive duration and strain that all this causes on the servers prevents 30-40 other players from getting a pop in 1 hour, when in the previous week they had to wait 5-10 mins to enter a full map.

Somehow I am almost certain the sarcasm in this post will not be spotted.

[VoTF] www.votf-online.net
GW1 Rank 1 – 2 Gold Capes – [sC] [sup]

in WvW

Posted by: Cactus.2710

Cactus.2710

I’m pretty sure it will be lost on GottFaust, as is pretty much everything else of relevance.

D/D Thief who prefers mobility to stealth … so yeah, I die a lot
Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

in WvW

Posted by: Dredrum.2563

Dredrum.2563

I don’t know if this was said, but I find this all ironic to say the least. First Anet says it will end free xfers lots of players bandwagon to high ranked servers, which I am not sure anet expected so many to do, or to go so far as to have massive logouts to enable big guilds to xfer to full capacity servers.

So now Anet is stuck with the problem that a few servers have been much more heavily populated then the rest of the servers and now this all seems like how they are fixing it. Now that Pay xfers is enabled, suddenly WvW ques are horrible and they suggest to consider xfering to a lower ranked server, or spread out on other bordlerlands.

So much for all the players who thought they could outsmart the system and jump ship to number 1, instead they got number Que!

in WvW

Posted by: Persephone.7436

Persephone.7436

Bump

Still can’t believe we don’t have a proper Queue system this far into the game.

Ultimate troll!!!!!

Reviving this four month old thread as if it was new information from a mod, wow.

Nothing on page 1 is relevant any more.

in WvW

Posted by: Heinel.6548

Heinel.6548

Yeah, have to call BS on this whole queuing bug thing. Never encountered a queue in CD, prime time or not.

“… but I hate the idea ‘It may not make sense at first’.
I want it to make sense right away, then another sense later. Murkiness =/= quality "
- CCP Abraxis

in WvW

Posted by: BroScientist.9875

BroScientist.9875

Bump

Still can’t believe we don’t have a proper Queue system this far into the game.

Ultimate troll!!!!!

Reviving this four month old thread as if it was new information from a mod, wow.

Nothing on page 1 is relevant any more.

Let’s face it. Mods love merging multiple threads into one so it’s practically certain they will eventually merge the numerous queue threads popping up into this one. He just did them a favor by bumping it.

in WvW

Posted by: Swifter.6451

Swifter.6451

Yeah, have to call BS on this whole queuing bug thing. Never encountered a queue in CD, prime time or not.

The whole issue isn’t the queue, if you were literate enough to read through the thread you’d get an idea what people are saying. The fact you’ve never had a queue means of course you won’t be noticing what’s happening across many server.

Multiple servers, SOME (not all) of which already had queues have noticed a significant increase in them since the day of the update. The MAIN issue is NOT queues. It’s the decreased size of people inside wvw COMBINED with the queues that are pointing towards a change/bug with wvw.

Do you get it now? I’ll make it simpler than a paragraph just incase.

More queues, a lot less people inside wvw = legitimate concerns

Inb4 the next my servers fine so there’s no problem troll.

(edited by Swifter.6451)

in WvW

Posted by: dzeRnumbrd.6129

dzeRnumbrd.6129

To help with this wouldn’t it be best if you guys gave the people in the higher rank servers ( high population servers ) the ability to move to lower population servers for free and keep charging gems to the lower populations to be able to move to higher population servers so you guys can encourage others to spread out to multiple servers that could use more people therefore balancing the population flow in the servers?

These are the GW2 forums – please stop making reasonable and sensible suggestions

in WvW

Posted by: Heinel.6548

Heinel.6548

The whole issue isn’t the queue, if you were literate enough to read through the thread you’d get an idea what people are saying. The fact you’ve never had a queue means of course you won’t be noticing what’s happening across many server.

Multiple servers, SOME (not all) of which already had queues have noticed a significant increase in them since the day of the update. The MAIN issue is NOT queues. It’s the decreased size of people inside wvw COMBINED with the queues that are pointing towards a change/bug with wvw.

Do you get it now? I’ll make it simpler than a paragraph just incase.

More queues, a lot less people inside wvw = legitimate concerns

Inb4 the next my servers fine so there’s no problem troll.

My server’s fine so there’s no problem.

“… but I hate the idea ‘It may not make sense at first’.
I want it to make sense right away, then another sense later. Murkiness =/= quality "
- CCP Abraxis

in WvW

Posted by: Dokem.2634

Dokem.2634

Do as they do in WoW:

Offer a free transfer from a highly populated server A to an empty server B, for a couple of days.

Do this until you achieve balanced populations on all servers.

Yak’s Bend
Coalicion [GWH]

in WvW

Vohnnyan.4058

Do as they do in WoW:

Offer a free transfer from a highly populated server A to an empty server B, for a couple of days.

Do this until you achieve balanced populations on all servers.

Will not solve a thing if map caps are oo low, because fighting, 60-80 player is not the WvW the majority want.

just to give you an idea this is 5 medium guild groups, or 2 big guild groups per map, the WvW population in the higer and medium tiers has much more players then the cap they are given, increasing the cap by 20-30 would make it all much more enjoyable.

On a side note I kind of think why they reduced map caps on purpose, its because of guest system, they were afraid the servers wouldnt hold the Wpvp maps with old caps and people moving from server to server.

Why would you even implement a guesting system, that has no use, since you can already goup with people from other servers to do instances, and completly wreck WvW to fix what wasn’t broken, is just ………

in WvW

Posted by: Mortalitas.9710

Mortalitas.9710

Hey everyone, sorry to not post about this sooner, the last few days have been a little hectic and I wanted to verify a couple things first about the issues we’ve been seeing with the queues before posting anything.

As many of you know, it is possible for someone to queue up for a map after you and get in first. We’re trying to get that fixed as soon as possible but unfortunately we still need a bit more time to solve the problem. We will definitely keep you updated when there is any news on our progress.

I have been checking the queue sizes and wait times for each matchup, and there are a couple interesting things I’ve observed so far that may help reduce queue times for some of you.

Worlds at the top of the rankings can have queues that reach multiple hours (particularly for the Eternal Battlegrounds map), but most of the worlds in the bottom half of the ranking quite frequently have open spots in at least a few maps, and the lower ranked the server is, the more likely it is that there are spots available. I’ll be posting the up to date world rankings shortly.

When there are queues for every map, the wait time for borderland maps tends to be shorter. Enemy team borderlands tend to have the smallest queues for just about every team so you may want to try entering those maps first before attempting to queue for the Eternal Battlegrounds. If you are just entering the queue for the battlegrounds and not checking the borderlands maps first to see if they have space open, you could be missing out on playing in the Borderlands while you wait for a spot to open up for you in the Battlegrounds.

That being said, while we still have worlds that consistently have open spots for more players, it would be fantastic if some players out there could help us spread the WvW population out a bit so we don’t have a few heavily stacked populations facing large queues on some worlds while many other worlds still have room to support people.

While I know this isn’t what most of you wanted to hear, I also want all of you to know that we are still investigating numerous other options we can take to help resolve some of these ongoing queue issues and we’ve been discussing them internally every day to see what would provide everyone with the best long term solution, but we wont have anything ready on that front for quite a while.

Ideally, we would see some people move from worlds with extreme queue times to worlds that need additional people and start building up active wvw communities there as well. Having more worlds with heavily active populations in WvW will be a very good thing for the long term health of the game, and spreading out the population will help reduce the queue times on the worlds with the longest queues.

While queues do indeed suck, the fact that they are this bad is because so many of you are trying to play and that is actually one of the best possible problems we can have at this point. It may sound silly, but it means that there are quite a few of you out there are enjoying the game and we’re thrilled that so many of you are out there trying to fight for your world. We will do our best to make sure you can.

Finally, I would like to ask everyone to post any additional queue comments to this thread only from now on and refrain from creating additional threads about it.

Thank you all for your understanding and patience.

I think we need a server balance at the moment, either merge lower servers. Or evenly split players across all servers.Yes people will complain but that way it is fair across the board overall. The communities will rebuild and new wvw teams will be created making all competitve. Im not on a lower population server and the longest i have waited is 20 minutes. While its annoying its normally only on reset night then the band wagoners go about their normal day and no wait at all.

E. BlackThorn Mesmer

in WvW

GottFaust.5297

If people are indeed using the queue system to troll your servers that’s unfortunate. However, I doubt that it’s happening on such a scale, on every T1-3 server, to cause such a huge drop in potential battleground population. That being said, one of the contributing factors to the fact that people seem to think that there are less players on their side in a given map is the “new” culling system they implemented. If you remember from the December trial (where we had many of these same complaints) the system that is now implemented since the Monday patch aggressively culls allied players to allow you to see the enemy. While I agree that this is preferable so as to lessen the instances of culled enemy zergs causing unexpected wipes, it also greatly lessens the number of allied players that a given individual can actually see, thus contributing to the issue at hand.

As a quick test you can try the following: Join up with a zerg. Count the number of players that you can visually identify while the zerg is in transit to a location and not in a fight. Then, count the number of allied players you can identify during a few different fights. If your results match mine you should only be able to really see 1/3 to 1/2 of the allied players present in a given fight under this new culling system. This factor is contributing heavily to the perceived issue of Wv3 population.

in WvW

Posted by: crewthief.8649

crewthief.8649

Good luck with that.

< JADE QUARRY >
Zabroshan – 80 Guardian / Sorroe – 80 Mesmer
Hands Off My Octopus

in WvW

Posted by: Musty.3148

Musty.3148

I can see two things to help the situation.

1) Make guilds movable without penalty.
2) Make transfers to low pop servers free. (conversly very high cost to go up)

80 Elementalist/80 Mesmer/80 Guardian/80 Thief
Now Musty Britches since someone decided Shortbus Rider was offensive… [LoS] [NSP]

in WvW

GottFaust.5297

I agree on point 1.

Unfortunately point 2 will result in the same issue that is the very reason for payed transfers to begin with. Many top-tier guilds will all transfer to the same bottom-tier server. The server will face-roll its way back up the ranks to where the top-tier guilds transferred from gaining bandwagon players along the way until it’s the same as the other top-tier servers, long queues and such, and then they’ll repeat the process. Kaineng is a huge example of this issue. It was ruined for the original players by this. It also ruined the Wv3 matchups in the tiers it was in for weeks after the fact. No one wants this to repeat, and it happened multiple times under the free transfers system.

in WvW

Posted by: earendil.1290

earendil.1290

My wild prediction.

After 2-3 weeks of insane queues at 30-50 people per map cap there will be “one free transfer” possible to a low population server.

Then caps will probably be raised to 80-100 again.

I know a good contingency based behavioral modification plan when I see one.

in WvW

Posted by: Musty.3148

Musty.3148

I agree on point 1.

Unfortunately point 2 will result in the same issue that is the very reason for payed transfers to begin with. Many top-tier guilds will all transfer to the same bottom-tier server. The server will face-roll its way back up the ranks to where the top-tier guilds transferred from gaining bandwagon players along the way until it’s the same as the other top-tier servers, long queues and such, and then they’ll repeat the process. Kaineng is a huge example of this issue. It was ruined for the original players by this. It also ruined the Wv3 matchups in the tiers it was in for weeks after the fact. No one wants this to repeat, and it happened multiple times under the free transfers system.

I understand what you’re saying, I think I oversimplified.

They would need to monitor server pops and adjust cost of transfers on a floating basis (like the Auction House items). Sure someone could set up a huge transfer to work in one hour, but it’s not going to happen often.

Considering how much they have going on already as far as tracking and monitoring I don’t see this as much of an additional strain. They do it with hundreds of thousands of items by the second already. A few thousand transfers wouldn’t add much work for the system.

EDIT: In fact since the transfers are not “in game” but at the char select screen it should be possible to set up a separate server to JUST do this one thing. Very similar to what the auction house does for items and gold/gem prices. But instead it’s server population and floating cost structure for transfers.

80 Elementalist/80 Mesmer/80 Guardian/80 Thief
Now Musty Britches since someone decided Shortbus Rider was offensive… [LoS] [NSP]

(edited by Musty.3148)

in WvW

Posted by: ghtchill.7613

ghtchill.7613

Appreciate the response and it’s pretty much what I was anticipating as the response.

Servers such as Kaineng, Ferguson, Northern Shiverpeaks, or any medium pop server for that matter need some love. Especially from the oceanic communities. In majority of WvWvW matches, some are won/lost dependant on how big the oceanic community the server has.

These servers have something to offer which is instant queues. If that’s what people want I really recommend heading to any one of those said medium pop servers.

Also I do agree with guilds maintaining the influence gained while transferring. At least it’ll make the decision to leave a whole lot easier.

Not sure if anyone corrected you on this yet but Kaineng has long queues. I play on Kaineng and we have a large WvW community. We’ve seen our fair share of criticism for having a lot of people in WvW since we left T8 as we decimated the servers we met all the way to T3. We’ve had queues for a while now as more guilds transferred to us. So if someone is looking for “instant queues” they won’t find them on Kaineng.

This recent reset was by far the worst however. Last night was better, we were able to enter Maguuma BL in 10-15 mins, but the queue for our own BL was much longer. I waited well over an hour and never did get in by the time I logged out.

There was also the issue, particularly on Friday, where we waited in a long queue only to find the map was not full, or close to full in some cases. Perhaps it’s just the long queue issue itself that caused this…not sure.

TC

in WvW

Posted by: Binafus.8153

Binafus.8153

So last night we had a map that we owned nothing, Zero, Zilch.

We had 20 or so people on the map I could find and we had a Que.

So if the limits are the same as they use to be where were the 110 missing people?

If all three servers had the same amount of people on the map you would think we could take a tower but were greatly outnumbered even with the event we could not take a tower.

It was our home map we tried starting the event on each side with no luck, so we had to run from the other zergs and take supply camps.

I pretty much play every day since the game has came out something is very wrong this reset.

in WvW

Posted by: SoPP.7034

SoPP.7034

I was tired but I now see the light. You actually typed something I would typically type but you have saved me the energy. Thank you, may God have mercy on our souls.

A warrior, a guardian, and an elementalist walk into an open field…
The Warrior turns to the guardian and says, “Did you hear something?”
Guardian replies, “No, but how’d the elementalist die?”

in WvW

Posted by: ghtchill.7613

ghtchill.7613

I just want to know how a BL can be queued when it’s not even close to full? This is a new and unwelcome problem I’ve seen this weekend more than once.

Maguuma has had a queue for the last three hours, while we don’t have more than 30-35 players in the map.

Shi’s bugged yo.

Echoing this.

I’m a really skeptical person on the whines from people in this forum, so I didn’t buy into it until Mag BL today. We were struggling on two fronts and didn’t have the bodies to spread west, east, and stop camps. Brushed it off to low participation until I heard there was a queue. I checked every area multiple times, and couldn’t find more than 40ish people. The queue was there for about 5 hours until we lost everything.

I really hope Anet is looking into this. If you did reduce pop caps, then just say so. Then we can plan WvW strategy around the new cap, because it really changes how you need to play. Any response from Anet is welcome on this.

Yeah we (Kaineng) were complaining about this at reset and you guys mocked us for it. Glad you experienced it for yourself eventually. Now we get to say. “Told you!” :P

But then again maybe you weren’t finding people because we were killing them all too fast! (jk)

TC

in WvW

Posted by: Zen Later.6475

Zen Later.6475

Derr…the post that many are referring to and even quoting from (on this thread page and the one previous) is the OP of this topic that’s 4 months (yeah you read that right, four months) old.

The relevancy of changes being brought about 4 months ago on the current situation of massive WvW Q times widespread amongst active WvW shards and visibly lower player counts on every single map is what again?

And let’s not forget that this problem has all happend directly following a series of major game updates.

It also seems that the team may be on a ‘weekend off’ as even the “official” twitter feed hasn’t been updated since Friday.

Grin and bear time and cross our itty bitty asuran fingers and toes that this is top of the list of things to do on Monday and we get a true response to what’s up.

in WvW

Pinko.2076

I don’t want this thread to drop. Are pop caps decreased across the board? I really don’t care if they are, but it would be nice to know so we can change how we defend.

in WvW

Posted by: Surmaturma.4823

Surmaturma.4823

Hi there Mike and thank you for the update.

I would like to make few proposals. I believe you are already scaling up costs when transferring to smaller population worlds versus high population worlds, right? I guess enchanting this could prove some results. e.g. sales weeks, even free weeks on extreme cases from very high server to low population server. Perhaps adding a sort of guild transfer – so that transfer could be registered under a guild tag and lets say that if 30 members transfer all get 10% back from transfer costs as gems, if 50 – 20% – 100 – 30%. I know that there are challenges and possibilities to abuse these but I believe you could at least try it out.

Secondly as you referred that people could/should build a strong community for wvwvw I believe also it would help out if there would be a 3W community starting kit provided by Anet – Basic setup with all element. If these would be sharing a common API so all of these could have info like que times/server, match up results (although there are good player maintained ones for sure), chats , even opponent chats where current match up enemy servers could share comments and discussions and so on and so on… There aren’t active people on each server necessarely so they could use a little push.

Third thing that came to my mind are achievements. Serverwide achievements – like raising a tier – winning streaks, turning the tide ( breaking losing streaks), golden middleroad (being 2nd streaks) – these could e.g. to come all with at least 1 3W kill during the week of game-up or then just provide it for all in the server to create the spirit. Pack these up with special titles for the win

Making servers unique – We have unique looks on almost all players – lets do the same for servers? 3W results could earn you crafting points which could e.g. build up statues, decorate each BL starting area – change outlook of towers, keeps etc. e.g. to chosen racial looks which would have little variating places for siege placemenet opportunities or such – there could be similar voting upon these like when selecting path on explorable dungeons, numbers would be just bigger.

One thing could be also on lower que servers give buffs similar to outmanned – like some extra karma and magic find for period of time during the week due to having basically no ques.

Cheers

“To Rasa Sum – and back again!”

(edited by Surmaturma.4823)

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

While queues are not fun, if you are someone who has recently transferred to a tier 1 or tier 2 server, you have no room to complain. Servers in those tiers have pretty good 24/7 coverage and of course you will run into longer queues than a lower ranked server.

in WvW

Pinko.2076

While queues are not fun, if you are someone who has recently transferred to a tier 1 or tier 2 server, you have no room to complain. Servers in those tiers have pretty good 24/7 coverage and of course you will run into longer queues than a lower ranked server.

What if you’ve been on your t5 server since release?

in WvW

Posted by: Dutchares.6084

Dutchares.6084

Because Mike didsnt say anything about the decrease of border caps to around 80, i think they did it on purpose and it isnt a bug.
They just want people to spread out more over all the servers.. And i do understand why they want it. Having servers that can bring out large armies 24h/7d against servers that doesnt even have full borders at prime time.
They dont want WvW about who has the largest force. Their are mid tier servers that would easily defeat tier 1 servers if only prime time would count.

Just the way they do it i dont like.
Forcing people to move , while trying to make some extra money of it.
Also their are again better ways to solve the above problem.

in WvW

Posted by: Grischu.3869

Grischu.3869

I see a third thing.
ESO will open the doors.

But this is 2014 i think

Grischu – Wächter 80 / Ertiki – Necromancer 80 / Risana Mortis – Messmer 80
Good old Days [GD] Elona

in WvW

Posted by: Sungak Alkandenes.1369

Sungak Alkandenes.1369

Will add my note here as well, since the merged thread seems to have dropped off. My first possible item doesn’t seem as plausible now (with recent discussion here), but the second still is on the table IMO.

Technically, I see two possibilities as to what’s going on:

1) The ‘timeout’ required for a disconnected session to stay open (so a client can re-connect to their original point i.e. Fractals) has been increased significantly – perhaps as high as 10 minutes or more. Normal defaults are usually about half that, and at work we drop it even further (sometimes as low as 20 seconds) as the application requires. I’ll need to know the server’s OS to nail it down better.

2) The queue subsystem is not properly accepting a request from a client, and silently dropping them under load. Since servers do not update the client with any status until they are ‘next up,’ its impossible for the end user to know what’s going on – even a simple feedback at the beginning, that says the queue application was denied would work (for now anyway). Right now, the only recourse we have is to keep spamming the re-queue every 5-10 minutes, which is going to make the situation worse.

At minimum, the queue system should ‘heartbeat’ the users in it, causing a pulse/flash of the WvW icon every minute or so. That would give a great deal of comfort to anyone actually trying to get in, while requiring a minimal amount of programming (the UI elements for this exist already – most of the work would occur at the server).

“The Meta Game does not stop at the game. Ever.” — Me
I like to view MMOs through the lazy eye of a Systems Admin, and the critical eye of a
Project Manager. You’ve been warned. ;-)

in WvW

Posted by: SoPP.7034

SoPP.7034

Queue’s are universal, it’s not just the upper tiers.

It’s either deliberate or an accident.

A warrior, a guardian, and an elementalist walk into an open field…
The Warrior turns to the guardian and says, “Did you hear something?”
Guardian replies, “No, but how’d the elementalist die?”

in WvW

Posted by: genowefapigwa.5769

genowefapigwa.5769

Find the bug.
where is the super mega hiper alpha test team ?:D ( probably one person)

Goraca Mariola
INC&Garaz Runkaraki
Ele from Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: Dutchares.6084

Dutchares.6084

Queue’s are universal, it’s not just the upper tiers.

It’s either deliberate or an accident.

The problem that the cap of the borders is only 80 these days, isnt mentioned.
Thats why i dont think it is a bug.. but done on purpose..
To extra stimulate people to transfer.

in WvW

Posted by: Kyus.3812

Kyus.3812

September 13th, 09:16 the date of Mike O briens announcement.

The situation now is different, the zones now have smaller populations, our server certainly had taken measures to assure that we had an even distribution of ques across the zones up until the last update and had informed the community as best we could that we were full. Along comes the update and due to the zone population dropping by some means be it intentional or accidental we now have a situation where WvW isn’t a flexible gameplay option its something that has to be qued for hours in advance.

Kyús – 80 – Guardian// All Classes Level 80
Hand of Blood [HoB]
EU – Aurora Glade

in WvW

Posted by: SilverWF.4789

SilverWF.4789

You can delete my posts again and again, but the facts are:

1. Arena have worstest ever game engine, so it can not even show all characters (lol, all 50 characters!) at the map. LA2 - 500 players at the same point? No problem. WAR - the same. WOW - too. Who is next? SWTOR - yes, it was incredible lagly but it show all players anyway. TSW - the same.
And only the "nextgen" MMO GW2 can not show all players! Isn’t it LOL? Yes, it is.

2. Massive battles. Server versus server versus server. God, no, they are used word "World"! World versus World versus World! What you are thinking when you hear it? Hundreds, even thousands fighting players? Yes, this is it.
And what we see in the GW2? Pathetic 30 players from the each side and all have trouble from the point #1? Why so low number? Because extremely low players limit at the "WorldVSWorldVSWorld" maps.
Is it "world"? Yeah, the Homunculus World... God, I can’t even say "village"!
LOL? Indeed!

3. Cyber sport. Arena thinking GW can be an discipline of cyber-sport. What? Are you kidding? With skills descriptions like "Runs faster while wielding melee weapons" (how faster? 1%? 10%? 150%? What melee weapon? Every single class can use the same weapons with different roles!) or "Equipping a kit creates an attack or spell" (what kit, what attack, what spell, what it’s power or radius and cooldown??? Where is full list?)

4. Huge class disbalanse: some classes can be "everything" (even without respec!) and some classes are useless.

When this all will be fixed? You can delete my post again but it will not fix the problems!
Game was released half-year ago and we still didn’t see something great in the problems fixes.

Yes, the game is great but it have the great problems too. Sad, but true. New events - it’s great, but what to do for players who playing in the another GW2 - "Guild Wars 2: Massive Battles edition"? Leave game?

#SAVEDONBASS from Ukraine!
Seafarer’s Rest (EU): Liicher (Engi), Lii Cher (Warrior), Swf (Elem),
Licharr (Guard), Lich Eir (Ranger), Alt Fh (Thief). Lii Cherr (Mesm), S Wf (Necr)

(edited by SilverWF.4789)

in WvW

Posted by: Ruprect.7260

Ruprect.7260

Sigh…

People are still not getting it or they are illiterate.

The problem isn’t even the fact that each side may have only 20-30 ppl, it is the fact that it is imbalanced.

Last night we did our guild push, we all queue for a BL because they all had a queue. We are all in mumble ansd queue up. Some get in within 20 mins, some ppl that queued before me were waitin 1.5 hours to get in and I got in after about .5 hours.

How do they queue before me and have to wait 3 times as long????

We got about 1/3 of our guild in and there was another small group it equaled total about 30 of us. We had a stand off in hills, we counted about 50-60 from one guild on the other side plus some pugs so a total of about 70+. THIS IS THE PROBLEM! We were outmanned because thier queue system is broken. I am sure this has happened the other way around as well. How can we be ranked properly if one server has more than the other and we have a queue. I could see if we were simply outmanned, but we had a queue and the other team had more on the map than us.

Fix this nao anet.

Ruprect – [DIS] Dissentient
Mesmer/Elementalist/Guardian/Necromancer/Warrior
[TC] Tarnished Coast

(edited by Ruprect.7260)

in WvW

Posted by: me im not.9357

me im not.9357

Im on SOS, here in Tier 1, most of our ques are less than 10 mins. Ive noticed most of the people complaining are also only queing for EB, which can have longer que times during peek times—- give your borderlands a try. Still having problems? Then your server is probably overly populated. Give another server a try.

in WvW

Ruprect.7260

Im on SOS, here in Tier 1, most of our ques are less than 10 mins. Ive noticed most of the people complaining are also only queing for EB, which can have longer que times during peek times—- give your borderlands a try. Still having problems? Then your server is probably overly populated. Give another server a try.

We never do EB. and we had a queue on every BL last night. When we got in there was a total of 30-35 of us on the map. Where are the other 130 players?

[TC] Tarnished Coast

in WvW

SilverWF.4789

Im on SOS, here in Tier 1, most of our ques are less than 10 mins. Ive noticed most of the people complaining are also only queing for EB, which can have longer que times during peek times--- give your borderlands a try. Still having problems? Then your server is probably overly populated. Give another server a try.

That’s mean only one: GW2 engine is sucks, Arena servers really weak.
Every server have several thousands population and only 50 players limit per WWW-map.
Do you still think the problem is in server population?

If you have 10-min queues - you are playing not in the server primetime or you are playing at the PVE-girls server full of carebears, lol.

Licharr (Guard), Lich Eir (Ranger), Alt Fh (Thief). Lii Cherr (Mesm), S Wf (Necr)

in WvW

Posted by: Burl.9567

Burl.9567

ANet post yet???? Nope….not yet. Surprise surprise.

in WvW

Ruprect.7260

That’s mean only one: GW2 engine is sucks, Arena servers really weak.
Every server have several thousands population and only 50 players limit per WWW-map.
Do you still think the problem is in server population?

If you have 10-min queues – you are playing not in the server primetime or you are playing at the PVE-girls server full of carebears, lol.

In defence of me im not’s post I happen to know that the T1 servers have no primetime, they have coverage almost 24/7, so I guess it is always prime time.

This only goes to show how screwed up things are. SoS having short queues and no numbers problems with numerous other servers reporting the complete opposite.

[TC] Tarnished Coast

in WvW

SilverWF.4789

Anyway, this is ANet trouble, not SoS.

in WvW

Posted by: Mighty Ice Arrow.9268

Mighty Ice Arrow.9268

You can delete my posts again and again, but the facts are:

1. Arena have worstest ever game engine, so it can not even show all characters (lol, all 50 characters!) at the map. LA2 – 500 players at the same point? No problem. WAR – the same. WOW – too. Who is next? SWTOR – yes, it was incredible lagly but it show all players anyway. TSW – the same.
And only the “nextgen” MMO GW2 can not show all players! Isn’t it LOL? Yes, it is.

2. Massive battles. Server versus server versus server. God, no, they are used word “World”! World versus World versus World! What you are thinking when you hear it? Hundreds, even thousands fighting players? Yes, this is it.
And what we see in the GW2? Pathetic 30 players from the each side and all have trouble from the point #1? Why so low number? Because extremely low players limit at the “WorldVSWorldVSWorld” maps.
Is it “world”? Yeah, the Homunculus World… God, I can’t even say “village”!
LOL? Indeed!

3. Cyber sport. Arena thinking GW can be an discipline of cyber-sport. What? Are you kidding? With skills descriptions like “Runs faster while wielding melee weapons” (how faster? 1%? 10%? 150%? What melee weapon? Every single class can use the same weapons with different roles!) or “Equipping a kit creates an attack or spell” (what kit, what attack, what spell, what it’s power or radius and cooldown??? Where is full list?)

4. Huge class disbalanse: some classes can be “everything” (even without respec!) and some classes are useless.

When this all will be fixed? You can delete my post again but it will not fix the problems!
Game was released half-year ago and we still didn’t see something great in the problems fixes.

Yes, the game is great but it have the great problems too. Sad, but true. New events – it’s great, but what to do for players who playing in the another GW2 – “Guild Wars 2: Massive Battles edition”? Leave game?

I’m so sad that I have to agree with him.
I had lots of respect for Anet, because I know there many people that love the game as much as I do.
Now I can’t recognize some people that are supposed to work delivering a god game.
It’s so hard to explain the poor character story, the tons of broken quest at the beginning, the unbalanced professions.
I’m really sad:(
Mighty Ice Arrow
“I Love GW1 and GW2 from the start”
Lev 80 – Ranger
Seafarer’s Rest Community

in WvW

Posted by: Sugyn.2491

Sugyn.2491

It seems allot of issues seem to be bandwidth problems. So do us a favor get rid of those things that do not add to WvW and free up some bandwidth if that’s what it takes. . If taking 50 quaggans, skrit, centaurs, skelk, what ever off the map will allow 50 more players it’s a no brainer do it. Also start talking your silence comes off as you don’t have a clue how to fix the issues. You have a user base that wants to be on your side and some are brilliant if you give them the facts of the situation they maybe able to suggest some ideas you have not considered.