Queues for WvW: The Official Thread

in WvW

Posted by: Jingizu Blackmoor.8059

Jingizu Blackmoor.8059

what id like since que times are rediculously long on my server is to be able to que on the toon you want then be able to switch to a different toon and go do something else until the que pops. needing wvw pois/vistas for map completion and being faced with 8 hour que times isnt much fun.

in WvW

Posted by: ersatz.5789

ersatz.5789

it’s funny how mass pvp aspect of this game is mostly really good gameplay-wise and at least much better than in any other MMO that launched in several recent years – and it got borked by something so trivial as queues.

I personally feel, that it’s not just the matter of long queue times, but that population caps are also not working properly and it’s first come-first served, regardless of the server you come from.
There are numerous posts pointing out the population imbalances (i.e. 30 reds vs 40 blues vs hundreds of greens) while all the servers have queues.
On Underworld, i’ve been in what seemed like a 20-30 minute queue just yesterday and when i got in – there were 20-30 Underworld players in the zone. All chased by a huge mass of Arborstone invaders. Needless to say, the whole zone was painted one color.
It didn’t even occur to me that it’s the pop cap bug (what else can it be?), but now that I believe I have a good guess for the reason on crappy wvw pairings I actually feel relief, because it’s something that is possible to fix technically – they just need proper queues and cap mechanics.

So basically – yeah, seems like we’ll need to wait it out. Sometimes I wonder if I should’ve waited out another month to see if GW2 tanks (because of queues, jeez…) before purchasing, but so far i’m having fun anyway (although i’m very new)

BUT there is no sub even so it shouldn’t be a problem to wait a little even if you don’t play the game, right?

in WvW

Posted by: Arson.4189

Arson.4189

Why dont you just fix the Q’s? lol

Here’s rng q. I sit in Q 4 hours. I log off for 10 min long back in Q up and get right in. While my guild mates sit in q for 4 hours. RNG q IS FAIL

in WvW

Posted by: GaiusJuliusCasear.7253

GaiusJuliusCasear.7253

They need to rebalance the servers. They need to push everyone back to the server they came from. I would be that is the largest issue with Q times.

in WvW

Posted by: DistantStatic.6098

DistantStatic.6098

Just started my queue for WvWvW, yesterday it was about 4 hours before I could get in, even then, my guild mates did not get in, so there was no point in waiting another 4 hours for them to get in as well. Let’s see how long it takes today.

lvl80 Guardian lvl80 Ranger lvl80 Elementalist lvl80 Thief …. Why do I list these anymore?
Toyota Car Dealers [TCD]

in WvW

Posted by: FrozenFOXX.2350

FrozenFOXX.2350

Here’s adding to the list of people with issues. Over on Fort Aspenwood my average queue time is between 2 hours and 6 hours (longest play session was eight hours, queued the entire time, quit for the day without any WvW).

Thanks for the info, we appreciate it, but you’ve got to KNOW that this is not something your community is going to be fixing itself. Seriously, people are going to go the path of least resistance which is either A) click the join button or B ) turn off your game and play something else. I’ve already turned off GW2 on more than a few nights in favor of other games since at least I’d get to spend my time enjoying myself. I was going to buy some friends of mine three copies of GW2 this week since I like playing with them but they don’t have a lot of money but with this issue I’m not really sure it’d be a good entertainment investment at the moment.

You’ve got a fine title with many things to do and we really appreciate that (as evidenced by the game’s sales) but this is a serious issue that needs to be near the top of the priority list. A few ideas off the top of my head that might help at least in the short term:

-if server load is NOT a concern (by which I mean the actual hardware, not the realms), increase the number of concurrent battles hosted every week. Currently one world is matched against two others, why not have a second battle concurrently with two other worlds? This increases the matrix, increases the number of players from each realm actually able to play linearly, and wouldn’t even be too bad to manage with regards to capped points, resources, etc (simply divide the current by the number of concurrent battles you decide to have). You could always start off with two concurrent battles per realm and if that goes well and the servers don’t fall over you could triple, quadruple, or further increase it. As a note, the matrix maxes out at the number of realms naturally so it won’t scale forever but it at least allows you to alleviate the stress in a simple, easily-manageable way.

-if server load IS a concern (whether by the clients’ ability to render so many people simultaneously in one spot or by number of connections alone) then why not entertain a maximum play time? If you need people to disconnect sooner you could use a rested system like most other games do in order to encourage people to log off sooner. Perhaps when someone gets into WvW you give them full XP/Karma but have it degrade on a time scale so that after, say, six hours you no longer get XP/Karma. Simple, elegant, and encourages people who are looking for the maximum bonuses to log off sooner and spread out their play time. This also contributes to a more predictable load on the servers since you’ll have people logging on/off throughout the day who are only interested in WvW.

-I also strongly echo having a single “queue” button. While none of us know for certain without seeing your stats collection data it’s probably a pretty safe bet that MOST people probably don’t care which battleground they’re in as long as they’re playing. Have just a single button for “enter queue” to simultaneously queue for all four would undoubtedly relieve at least a little stress on the players.

Anyway, just a few thoughts, best of luck in deciding upon a solution. I think if you could get the average time down to 30min. most people would be pretty happy since that’s considered quite tolerable in that “other” enormous fantasy MMO’s PvP queues. Thank you for this game and for listening to community input.

in WvW

Posted by: nysta.6713

nysta.6713

i moved from henge to a lower server as suggested. it’s wonderful. no queues and lots of fighting. in the time it’ll take our guild to get all its shinies back, you guys will still be sitting here crying into your cups and complaining about queues. all i have to say, is thankyou for being so determined to be part of a steamrolling alliance! it leaves the other servers free. you guys rock my world.

in WvW

Posted by: Amulrei.4973

Amulrei.4973

i moved from henge to a lower server as suggested. it’s wonderful. no queues and lots of fighting. in the time it’ll take our guild to get all its shinies back, you guys will still be sitting here crying into your cups and complaining about queues. all i have to say, is thankyou for being so determined to be part of a steamrolling alliance! it leaves the other servers free. you guys rock my world.

Ignoring your none-too-subtle bitterness at the major alliances, your post also shows how ignorant you are to the situation. Until AN meets us half way and closes these transfers, switching servers will do nothing to solve the problem.

in WvW

nysta.6713

Ignoring your none-too-subtle bitterness at the major alliances, your post also shows how ignorant you are to the situation. Until AN meets us half way and closes these transfers, switching servers will do nothing to solve the problem.

bitterness? no, not bitterness, old friend. amusement is more the word. i am far from ignorant of the “situation”. the situation is everyone really wants to be on the “win” server. when you have so many wanting to be on the “win” server, then the queues are going to be horrible, no matter what anet does.

the game has essentially only just started. there’s really nothing you’re likely to lose by transferring to a new server. there’s no advantage you’d lose other than the joy of being able to steamroll other servers – provided you can actually get through the queue.

moving solves everything. it creates a more dynamic spread of guilds, and would shake up the ladder as it is to the point it might actually wobble around some more rather than be so stagnant as it is. unfortunately, and hence my amusement, the easiest solution is to stand and yell for anet to let you in.

well, stamping your feet won’t help queues go faster. you’ll actually have to lift them up and move. you’d be surprised the lack of queueing problems on other servers a little lower down. i have no bitterness toward alliances. i started on henge (not knowing this was supposed to be an exclusive alliance server), and got tired of not getting into wvwvw, too. i also got tired of getting in and finding we owned the whole map. how boring! there was no one to fight.

now i have plenty of people to fight. i care nothing about “alliance guilds”. my chuckly manner was merely because they’re like spoiled children digging in their heels too afraid of losing their current advantage. big respect for organising guilds that way, but none of that organisation matters when you can’t actually log in now, does it?

and, believe it or not, that’s not really anet’s fault.

in WvW

Posted by: Click.5123

Click.5123

So this was what happened when I fired up GW2 earlier today:

Logged in, queued up for WvW, waited over an hour and a half, logged off.

in WvW

Posted by: Aedgyth.4790

Aedgyth.4790

Waited a few years for this game – really excited throughout the BWEs and bought the game the second it was on sale.

This week – always being in queues (once even getting a network error putting me back to char select, forcing me to queue for another 2+ hrs) has started taking it’s toll .

I bought the game for W3 – atm I am finding myself simply not loggin in, what is the point just to sit in a queue that could be minutes or hours. Less than a month since release I have stopped trying on some days – Not a situation I thought I would find myself in.

Edit: Btw I am amazed that there is nothing coming from AN on this – are they aware of the damage that low pop servers / servers with queues / lopsided w3 matches are having on the player base….

(edited by Aedgyth.4790)

in WvW

Posted by: Nokaru.7831

Nokaru.7831

An ETA on the queue time seems like a necessary feature.

in WvW

Posted by: Ahmrill.7512

Ahmrill.7512

No action on these issues is simply compounding the ques. I understand you don’t want to make hasty changes to the game, but some of the stuff seems like a no brainer.

Stop free transfers to High que/population servers!! If people want to go to a high population server they can still pay to do it, but it will prevent the mass influx of “server jumpers” trying to get the WvW bonuses or complete their WvW exploration’s.

I’ve had people tell me on JQ that they joined the server because they wanted to get the WvW maps completed and couldn’t on the server they left. How does this help the dedicated people on JQ with the “server jumpers” inflating que times? Stopping free transfers to high population servers will stop these type of people.

Ahmrill
Proud member of [NORD] Nordvegr Guild
Jade Quarry

in WvW

Posted by: illgot.1056

illgot.1056

what’s the point of getting into WvW when ever you want if you will only get camped trying to leave your fort?

in WvW

Posted by: Naurthoron.3291

Naurthoron.3291

[QUOTE] Ideally, we would see some people move from worlds with extreme queue times to worlds that need additional people and start building up active wvw communities there as well. Having more worlds with heavily active populations in WvW will be a very good thing for the long term health of the game, and spreading out the population will help reduce the queue times on the worlds with the longest queues.[/QUOTE]

This will only happen for guilds if the guild can be migrated as well with all its current influence gained and spent, which is currently not the case.

Co-Lead of Death and Rez [DnR]
Vizunah Square [FR] EU
http://gw2.aia974.com/

in WvW

Posted by: Cill.6451

Cill.6451

The number 1 issue right now for the dev team should be to fix the WvW queues.

This is what we need:

1. Fix the buggy queues so that people do not lose their place (due to unknown reasons)
2. Introduce an estimated queue length for each borderland so players can see which one would be quicker to join
3. Show the user’s current position in the queue

Get it done and you have resolved the biggest blocking issue in the game right now.

People don’t mind queuing once they know the queue is working right and they have an idea how long it will take.

I can’t believe this was not right from launch.

Grazze – Engineer – Intrepid

in WvW

Amulrei.4973

bitterness? no, not bitterness, old friend. amusement is more the word. i am far from ignorant of the “situation”. the situation is everyone really wants to be on the “win” server. when you have so many wanting to be on the “win” server, then the queues are going to be horrible, no matter what anet does.

the game has essentially only just started. there’s really nothing you’re likely to lose by transferring to a new server. there’s no advantage you’d lose other than the joy of being able to steamroll other servers – provided you can actually get through the queue.

moving solves everything. it creates a more dynamic spread of guilds, and would shake up the ladder as it is to the point it might actually wobble around some more rather than be so stagnant as it is. unfortunately, and hence my amusement, the easiest solution is to stand and yell for anet to let you in.

well, stamping your feet won’t help queues go faster. you’ll actually have to lift them up and move. you’d be surprised the lack of queueing problems on other servers a little lower down. i have no bitterness toward alliances. i started on henge (not knowing this was supposed to be an exclusive alliance server), and got tired of not getting into wvwvw, too. i also got tired of getting in and finding we owned the whole map. how boring! there was no one to fight.

now i have plenty of people to fight. i care nothing about “alliance guilds”. my chuckly manner was merely because they’re like spoiled children digging in their heels too afraid of losing their current advantage. big respect for organising guilds that way, but none of that organisation matters when you can’t actually log in now, does it?

…And has been explained over a dozen times in this threads, there is no point moving until AN stops the transfers. HoD was flooded within a week when TA picked it as it’s server. Now AN has rather stupidly posted the rankings for all to see while still keeping HoD open, it is only making the problem worse every day.

I am all for my alliance taking proactive solutions to the problem but AN is simply not giving us the means to do so for more then a few days. And that is even ignoring the loss of guild facilities.

in WvW

Posted by: Aedgyth.4790

Aedgyth.4790

This is the most important issue right now – cannot believe it’s been pushed to page 2 by a near full page of whining, and complaining – these forums are worse than Guru – I never thought that they would allow them to descend into this mess.

in WvW

Posted by: Knightmare.8634

Knightmare.8634

I honestly believe this is the biggest issue the game currently has. We really need some more communication on what and when we can expect some fixes for the queue. Unfortunately I’m seeing guild members losing interest in the game because of it, which in turn usually leads to the snowball effect.

in WvW

Posted by: zerospin.8604

zerospin.8604

What is needed are priority queues. Right now, say, I queue for EB, and wait 2 hours, then I get a message there is a pot for me open finally – BUT, what if I’m not ready? What If I need a short break, am doing an instance, etc? Sure, you say, just press – reenter queue – and wait ANOTHER 2 hours. This is ridiculous. Here’s where priority queues come in.

Once you have waited your time and a slot becomes available – you keep it until you relog or enter WvW. You get into a priority list, and whenever you wish, you can enter WvW. At any time you may press enter the chosen WvW, and you will immediately be placed at the first place of the main queue, and will get the first open slot. This ensures that those who waited hours, will always be able to get in faster than those who queued only now.

Another way to reduce queues is to move jumping puzzles to a separate world, with a separate queue. There is no reason for them to share queues and spots with WvW, and there are often many players jumping there, including me.

in WvW

Posted by: Zalani.9827

Zalani.9827

Depends on the time of day on Dragonbrand.
Primetime its like 3+ and other times there is a que but its a bit shorter.
(From what I have experienced)

The free server transfers really need to be turned off.
People are just leaving thier server for the winning one, just for bonuses.
This is happening in every bracket.

Jadis Narnia-Sylvari Ranger of [EDGE]
Dragonbrand

in WvW

Posted by: Draygo.9473

Draygo.9473

This is what your day could have been:

Logged in, queued for WvW, saw there was a queue, logged out to character select, transfered to Kaineng or Devona’s Rest, queued for WvW and got in instantly.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

in WvW

Posted by: krakenstar.1674

krakenstar.1674

While I applause ANET’s thinking about how to get more people to participate in WvW by merging the PvE content in there, I don’t think they counted on the queue being so bad and getting worse all the time. This is due to WvW zones’ attempt to please multiple audience types – while its most important purpose is not being served nearly to satisfaction at its core target – the WvW war-mongers. These maps are 95% reason they bought the game.

Some recommendations for queue issue – some are temp solutions to mitigate the pain a bit:

1. Close off the jumping puzzles in the WvW zones for now. A lot of people are trying to get into the zones not for WvW but to jump puzzles.

2. Remove the WvW maps from the “100% explorer” requirement. There is a ton of PvE people queuing up to get in for this purpose only. They won’t queue to WvW other than some minor curiosity if this was removed.

3. Server Transfers: these are and/or options

a – FREE server transfers to low queue time/population servers… Heck throw in some bonus! Like a thank you jacket for being a great guy.

b – Only 1 transfer every week.

c – After you transfer, 48 hours no WvW.

4. For the love of god, how hard is it to show the size of the queue and estimated time of entry? A lot of player will stay out of the queue if they knew the ques were 3 hours and counting thus decrease the queue size.

5. An instantiate-able (aka overflow) , non-point scoring WvW map.. a lot of people don’t give a crap about points, they just want to roam around the map killing other players. These people can queue there and just find other people to kill. This will satisfy the curiosity of a lot of PvEer without making the queue worse. Heck make it fun and make it a Eternal battlegrounds clone.

I don’t think any of the above should take too much development time.. and will instantly reduce queue time. Mean while go and find ways to increase players per map without making the stupid invisible enemy problem.

in WvW

Posted by: Richard.8207

Richard.8207

Some recommendations for queue issue – some are temp solutions to mitigate the pain a bit:

1. Close off the jumping puzzles in the WvW zones for now. A lot of people are trying to get into the zones not for WvW but to jump puzzles.

2. Remove the WvW maps from the “100% explorer” requirement. There is a ton of PvE people queuing up to get in for this purpose only. They won’t queue to WvW other than some minor curiosity if this was removed.

3. Server Transfers: these are and/or options

a – FREE server transfers to low queue time/population servers… Heck throw in some bonus! Like a thank you jacket for being a great guy.

b – Only 1 transfer every week.

c – After you transfer, 48 hours no WvW.

4. For the love of god, how hard is it to show the size of the queue and estimated time of entry? A lot of player will stay out of the queue if they knew the ques were 3 hours and counting thus decrease the queue size.

5. An instantiate-able (aka overflow) , non-point scoring WvW map.. a lot of people don’t give a crap about points, they just want to roam around the map killing other players. These people can queue there and just find other people to kill. This will satisfy the curiosity of a lot of PvEer without making the queue worse. Heck make it fun and make it a Eternal battlegrounds clone.

I don’t think any of the above should take too much development time.. and will instantly reduce queue time. Mean while go and find ways to increase players per map without making the stupid invisible enemy problem.

1. I actually prefer if they just remove the portals from WvW and put them in the training/tutorial island instead. No need to remove content, just move it to a more accessible location. And we’d have something to do that helps our WvW nature while waiting in queue!

2. I agree completely. Maybe if there were overflow WvW servers the map complete would be less disruptive, but right now it sucks to see someone valiantly trying to figure out how to get to a vista after you just waited 2+ hours to get into the fight. I don’t blame the players for doing what they enjoy, but most could easily enjoy it outside of the WvW environment.

3. I think even 1 free transfer per 24 hours would be fine, and deny access to WvW for 24 hours after a transfer. Even a short cooldown would fix the most egregious abuses of the server transfers (even outside WvW like resetting gathering nodes).

4 and 5 would be great.

in WvW

nysta.6713

…And has been explained over a dozen times in this threads, there is no point moving until AN stops the transfers. HoD was flooded within a week when TA picked it as it’s server. Now AN has rather stupidly posted the rankings for all to see while still keeping HoD open, it is only making the problem worse every day.

I am all for my alliance taking proactive solutions to the problem but AN is simply not giving us the means to do so for more then a few days. And that is even ignoring the loss of guild facilities.

at which time you won’t transfer because you don’t want to pay for it…

as for the loss of facilities, other guilds who have moved have gained theirs back by now, or should be close. it’s not too difficult in this game, really.

like i said, you don’t want to move. you just want everyone else to get out of your way, and that’s not the same thing. you can move your guild. it’s taken only a few weeks to get where you’re at now, and it will take a lot less to get back there if you’re actually logging in to wvwvw because of no queue, right? let’s face it, it’s not like there’s a rock-solid foundation here yet. it’s still very mobile. hence the free transfers. to help settle it down a little more comfortably.

for me, it’s a no-brainer. but the big alliances want to stay together because easy wins are much more fun, right? you’ve got a decision to make – sacrifice the easy wins for smaller queues. that’s really what it boils down to.

in WvW

Amulrei.4973

at which time you won’t transfer because you don’t want to pay for it…

That is an impressive bit of clairvoyance considering we ourselves still have not come to an agreement on that issue.

as for the loss of facilities, other guilds who have moved have gained theirs back by now, or should be close. it’s not too difficult in this game, really.

Most likely. That really isn’t a major consideration for us. I’m not sure why you keep bringing it up.

like i said, you don’t want to move. you just want everyone else to get out of your way, and that’s not the same thing.

Now I am convinced you are either trolling or borderline illiterate. TA actually has a good working relation with many non-alliance guilds on our server and it has been said many times this thread alone.

you can move your guild. it’s taken only a few weeks to get where you’re at now, and it will take a lot less to get back there if you’re actually logging in to wvwvw because of no queue, right? let’s face it, it’s not like there’s a rock-solid foundation here yet. it’s still very mobile. hence the free transfers. to help settle it down a little more comfortably.

Actually the free transfers have done is make the issue worse, not “settle it down”. And like I have said many times this thread already that you keep ignoring, moving servers doesn’t magically stop anyone wanting follow us doing so and overloading the servers all over again. Not to mention TA actually likes the auxiliary guilds we work with on HoD.

for me, it’s a no-brainer. but the big alliances want to stay together because easy wins are much more fun, right? you’ve got a decision to make – sacrifice the easy wins for smaller queues. that’s really what it boils down to.

Yup you got our number. Has nothing to do with the fact we might enjoy the chemistry our alliance has and actually playing along side each other like we could in BWEs, right?

Look I don’t know why you got a bee in your bonnet about alliances but it really is getting quite silly. At the top of the ladder, there is more then enough players biting at the bit to get in to WvW from all three servers so it isn’t going to be hurting anyone to up the caps and fix the current moronic lottery system (sorry but the current set up isn’t close to a “queue”). The limitation is obviously a hardware issue. While I am sure it will be resolved, the problem is the progress seems pretty darn slow. I mean the game is a few days off a month old and I am not seeing an awful lot of bug/balance fixes at all yet any proof of progress on WvW as a whole.

in WvW

Posted by: Shadow.3475

Shadow.3475

A idea would be to show on a homepage every servers population in World vs World 1 day after and 1month back with a diagram that show when they have que and so, that way a guild can easyer make chose lets move guild to server xxx.

I moved from Underworld with is high to Segate rest with is med and the que is longer at sea.

in WvW

Posted by: Jakula.1072

Jakula.1072

I would like to be able to see queue times from the world vs world screen, not that I often encounter queues.

Jakula – 80 Ranger [Phaxx]
Isles of Janthir

in WvW

Posted by: Slyther.1297

Slyther.1297

I didn’t read any of the replies here so I apologize if this has been suggested already, but I made a suggestion over at this thread: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/WvWvW-Que-Information/first#post131869

If players were able to actually see how full maps were and estimated wait times I think it’d help considerably in spreading out the players, reducing ques, and filling up all the maps all in one sweep.

Player sees Eternal battleground has a 2+ hour wait time, but sees that a Borderland is open, so they decide to hop into the open borderland. This reduces the demand on full maps and fills up ones that need more players.

in WvW

Posted by: dmae.9851

dmae.9851

Just make 2 Eternal Battlegrounds – North and South. Then we could see how it affects the queues.

in WvW

Posted by: Brome.7036

Brome.7036

Just offer free transfers to the servers that need people and shut down transfers to full servers. Let guilds keep their infuence when they move. Simple, effective.

in WvW

Amulrei.4973

Just offer free transfers to the servers that need people and shut down transfers to full servers. Let guilds keep their infuence when they move. Simple, effective.

And there lies the core of the problem. AN should of shut down HoD in the first week from the free transfer scheme. As it stands, AN are expecting the big WvW communities/alliances to fix the problem of their creation and STILL not having the sense to close off the most overloaded servers from transfers.

in WvW

Posted by: kousei.5914

kousei.5914

A huge reason why many guilds aren’t considering server transfers is the fact that guild upgrades don’t transfer. For example, we’re done with every line of research except Art of War and we’re currently building Level 2 of that. We have 150 slots of guild storage and we’re working on the last 100 slots now. We’re not going anywhere unless all this hard work and influence can come with us.

Leader of Marked Souls [MkS]
Jade Quarry

in WvW

Posted by: iowen.4217

iowen.4217

a option to get in the same map with a small grp would be nice
atm its real hard to play wvw with 2-3 friends on the same map
and if one has a disconnect it ruins the day(1-3h+ to get all on the same map primetime aka after work),so it would be nice if you can re-join after a disc(since you waited sometimes hours to get there)

in WvW

Posted by: Balandar.2430

Balandar.2430

^kousei: Same here. Our guild is considering moving to another server due to the 4+ hour queues. However with all of the influence we’ve spent it would be a very hard hit to recover from (the tome’s of influence have already been used).

The Honor Empire – Henge of Denravi
www.TheHonorEmpire.org

in WvW

krakenstar.1674

How hard hit can the influence be? The game has only been out for less than a month. The problem is more people would rather be on the winning server while not really participating, than on the losing server and can get in and do something about it – as the evidence shows during this hopefully limited and soon ending free-transfer period.

The fact that people are still transferring to the likes of HoD is unbelievable to me. I’m guessing they really don’t want to WvW… they just like the idea of “winning”.

in WvW

Posted by: Zafoddy.5196

Zafoddy.5196

I come from 1397.668 Underworld server and the queues are more than 1 hour.

There is one certain thing, that is nothing close to jump in, play pvp for 20-30-500 mins and then log out.

in WvW

Posted by: Corvindi.5734

Corvindi.5734

Give us a grace period to get back into WvW or fix the DC issue or both or some of us will stop playing WvW on any server. This is getting absolutely stupid.

“…we don’t expect you to be forced into dungeons at endgame.”

~ArenaNet

in WvW

Posted by: Mirm.5249

Mirm.5249

I cant go in WvW. I wait at least 3 hours for each server i choose, I cant get in. I’m 80 stuffed, it’s the only thing i wanna do now :s

in WvW

Posted by: Notrub.6925

Notrub.6925

Actually, the real problem here is that Anet made the monthly achievement require 100 WvW kills. When servers have a population of just under 40K and there are only 666 WvW spots open at at any given time you can do the math and see that it is virtually impossible for all the PvE’s to even have a chance at a monthly. So when they do get in they don’t care about winning or losing, just getting the kills to fill their monthly.

As to moving to a lower pop server for the 1000’s of us in guilds that got burned during the BWEs and couldn’t get all of our people together on one server to play together it isn’t going to happen. We put in months of work and planning for release to be able to play together on the same server to take a chance now to try and move and get scattered across servers again. Guild perks aren’t even a consideration, just like moving isn’t one. We are in a guild because we like playing together even if that means ques.

in WvW

Posted by: Luna.9640

Luna.9640

1.Move all the PvE Content out of PvP (ZvZ aka WvWvW) – this include puzzles,pois and all stuff related to PvE Achievements.

2.Implement WvW Currency and replace Gold and Karma reward with the WvW currency which will be used and working only inside WvW to buy WvW usable blueprints and consumables or everything inside WvW.

This 2 options will remove and reduce the Queues and PvE players from WvW (PvP) areas alot.

P.S. moving to another server is not an option since we or at least me fight for the bonuses so my guildmates can have some advantage out there.

in WvW

Posted by: fefner.5729

fefner.5729

Joined this game to play and just play WvW, on a small server and STILL, i repeat STILL queuing, why didn’t you guys follow Daoc’s style? They have unlimited access to their frontiers that game is over 10 years old if they could do it back then surly you can do it here?

in WvW

Posted by: Zeroumus.5402

Zeroumus.5402

I think the people who make these games need to lay off the high level programming and bust out some assembler on their servers. Game servers today should be able to hold more people, not less. Like fefner said, they could do all this 10 years ago, why not now?

I did my part however, moved from HOD to Devona’s. Where we get steam rolled in WvW

My choices are to, WIN ( but not play and contribute to it) , or Loose, but at least get to “play”

(edited by Zeroumus.5402)

in WvW

Posted by: hateful.2739

hateful.2739

Bump.

For the organized guilds and alliances who came to GW2 for WvW, the queue issue has to be the major issue in WvW currently. Can we get an update here as to the devs plan to alleviate this?

Obviously you can’t work magic. The WvW concept at it’s core is IMO flawed, but we work with what we have. My suggestion would be to forcibly move and divide all server populations by yourselves, only keeping guilds intact, possibly creating more servers in the process. This will wreck a lot of alliances and communities, including my own, but with the current implementation of WvW and it’s technical limitations it seems the only solution.

Relying on people to spread out on their own is about as naive as allowing matchups of two national servers (DE, FR, etc) against a third international one and saying this is intended. As an old Shadowbane player, I’m all for politics, but national servers will ALWAYS cooperate without much of the hassles international communities/guilds/alliances/servers would when trying to band together.

But I digress. People want to win. They will go to the servers they deem to be “winners” in this system, which will worsen the queues there. And ironically, even with free server transfers, this problem will not solve itself. Anet needs to step in.

in WvW

Posted by: Leiloni.7951

Leiloni.7951

They don’t need more servers at all hateful.2739. I’m on Fort Aspenwood and as of the 9/21 thread we are 9th out of 24 NA servers and 20th out of 51 total servers (if I counted that correctly). So we are slightly higher than the middle of the pack and we have almost no queue at all (queue for Eternal Battlegrounds during NA primetime last night was only about 10 minutes and that’s the norm for us).

So honestly the only ones with queues are likely the very top ranked servers which are also the most packed in terms of population. The majority of game servers have plenty of room for WvW transfers and many of them would welcome more organized groups of people. Players just need to be willing to move. I understand people wanting to be on the winning team – I initially rolled on JQ when the game first came out because it was obvious they were going to be a top contender. But after a week or so of multi-hour queues and me only getting into WvW once, I made the decision that actually getting to play was more important to me than being the top server.

Sitting around complaining about queues and wishing it would get better gets you nowhere. People need to take action themselves and Anet is making it extremely easy to do so with free transfers. If ANet forced people to move, that would only cause a whole lot more QQ. It’s not ideal, but that’s how it is and it’s not unexpected really.

If they did anything I might suggest they lock down servers with multi hour queues so no one can transfer there and no one can create new accounts/characters there. Perhaps add in some incentives for people on those servers to transfer out, although I honestly don’t know what would be a fair incentive.

(edited by Leiloni.7951)

in WvW

Posted by: Luna.9640

Luna.9640

Additional to my previous post : https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/Queues-for-WvW-The-Official-Thread/page/5#post226008

I want to add that there should be level limit of joining Eternal battlegrounds.

Only 30+ or 60+ or 80+ have to be allowed to join Eternal while borderlands will be free to join at any level.

1.This will take some height from Eternal queue which as stated is heavier than borderlands and support the borderlands with more players out of primetimes.
2.Will let newbies learn the basics of WvW and don’t get “1 shot” in Eternal or mess up with the politics there due to their 0 WvW knowledge.
3.Will reduce the amount of hackers if they do exist since i’m pretty sure most of those are low levels when they join WvW.

(edited by Luna.9640)

in WvW

krakenstar.1674

Additional to my previous post : https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/Queues-for-WvW-The-Official-Thread/page/5#post226008

I want to add that there should be level limit of joining Eternal battlegrounds.

Only 30+ or 60+ or 80+ have to be allowed to join Eternal while borderlands will be free to join at any level.

1.This will take some height from Eternal queue which as stated is heavier than borderlands.
2.Will let newbies learn the basics of WvW and don’t get 1 shot in Eternal or mess up iwth the politics there due to their 0 WvW knowledge.
3.Will reduce the amount of hackers if they do exist since i’m pretty sure most of those are low levels when they join WvW.

+1

in WvW

Posted by: Leiloni.7951

Leiloni.7951

1.This will take some height from Eternal queue which as stated is heavier than borderlands and support the borderlands with more players out of primetimes.
2.Will let newbies learn the basics of WvW and don’t get “1 shot” in Eternal or mess up with the politics there due to their 0 WvW knowledge.

Umm, no? Forcing players to level up to 80 to enjoy WvW goes against everything this game is about. Stop being so selfish. If queues are too long, go somewhere else. Don’t make the poor levelers deal with your problem. They have as much right to be in EB as anyone else.

in WvW

Posted by: Antediluvian.5169

Antediluvian.5169

I have a question regarding interaction between the opposing teams in WvW, we can currently see the enemy team’s emotes, like ‘Vizunah Square Invader laughs’, for example. Is it possible for them to also read the custom emotes as well? The ones that are added after ‘/me’ and are customable? Also, is this intentional?

I can outrun a centaur.

in WvW

Posted by: ClockRhythmEcho.1395

ClockRhythmEcho.1395

What if there were tiers to WvWvW? Brackets, like 1-20, 21-40, 41-60, 61-80? Not necessarily those exact numbers, just an example. That way you could have multiple instances of the borderlands, without having enable/disable when they get too empty.

I would imagine it would be a good idea to have the lower brackets contribute points, but at a lesser rate. That way max level WvW is the “real deal” that you get to work towards. Maybe Eternal Battlegrounds could exist only in the top bracket as well, as something else to look forward to.

Obviously this idea doesn’t help realm population imbalance very much, but it might help the matchups with longer queues.