Quick, Simple Economic fixes to WvW

in WvW

Posted by: jul.7602

jul.7602

Yeah I know this another one of those suggestion threads that will have a 0.0001% chance of ever being considered or implemented in this game but hear me out. Despite the downward trend I love WvW, just like many other readers and want to see it restored back to its glory days pre hot. So the purpose of this thread is to offer some simple, inexpensive and meaningful changes to WvW. I could list a lot more than what is listed, but I’ll keep it simple and short.

New NPC vendor-ascended, everything you need
Professor Siegecrusher has been added to the game, residing at the spawn at the spawn in each borderland.
-Sells every single prefix of ascended gear in exchange for proof of heroics and badges of honor. His pricing is slightly more expensive than raid gear, replace magnetite shards with proof of heroics(+50proofs) and the gold with basically 150-250 badges of honor refer to this if unfamiliar with raid vendor
-2nd tab (citizen) offers the exact same gear but everything is 75 proofs cheaper. This will only be accessible by players who have stayed on said server for 28 days.

Tired of being treated like a 2nd kitten class citizen. We need ascended gear just as much as any other game, and not this vanilla pvt/carrion bs either, I’m talking all 41 possible stat combinations. 2nd should give some economic pressure to stabilize server communities.

Reworked loot tables for Wvw Rank
Utter trash rewards with no availability/increasing rewards. refer to thiscurrent rank table. A few noticeable tweaks at specific ranks. Rewards listed are account bound. Players who have already earned said ranks will automatically receive said chest upon logging in.

Rank 120 legend
-New Metamorphic Back piece
Chest contains a lvl 80 exotic grade back piece. Double click to permanently chose a stat combination (41 option). Soul bound on equip.

Rank 570 bronze legend
-New Bronze Metamorphic Back piece
Chest contains a lvl 80 ascended grade back piece. Double click to permanently chose a stat combination. Account bound.

Rank 1320 silver legend
-New Silver metamorphic back piece
Chest contains a lvl 80 ascended grade back piece. Double click to permanently chose a stat combination. Professor Siegecrusher will change its stats for 175 proofs and preserve the upgrade.

Rank 2445 Gold legend
- New gold metamorphic back piece
Chest contains a lvl 80 legendary grade back piece. Change to any stat at any time outside of combat.
-1 upgrade extractor to allow players to move their mega expansive infusions from the previous backs to the new one.

Rank 3945 platinum legend
-Precursor chest
No bull****. Just chose 1 precursor (not account abound), if you spent 1/3 of this time in pve or spvp you’d have 2 legendaries.

Rank 6195 Mithril legend
-Box of ascended metamorphic armor (chose any 6 pieces of ascended armor and pick their stats).
-box of ascended metamorphic trinkets (chose 6 trinkets and pick their stats.)
-box of ascended metamorphic weapons (chose 4 ascended weapons and pick stats)

Diamond XXX At every named title
-Gift of whatever you want.

Rank 10,000 (holy crap you are a hero if you got this)
-Guaranteed 1 beta key.
-Automatic 300% base magic find.
-Automatic 300% base gold find
-Automatic 300% base karma find
-Automatic 300% base EXP find
-1k achievement points
-Zomoros’ Quantum box
Pick any single item in the game or that has been in the game at one point (will instantly account bound). Otherwise receive 2k gems.

in WvW

Posted by: Berserkeremir.4631

Berserkeremir.4631

Amen to that brother

in WvW

Posted by: SloRules.3560

SloRules.3560

Problem is that there were in ve farmers karma training eotm whole day, so by using ranks to limit stuff you are aimply rewarding them

in WvW

Posted by: Blockhead Magee.3092

Blockhead Magee.3092

Problem is that there were in ve farmers karma training eotm whole day, so by using ranks to limit stuff you are aimply rewarding them

Its true it would reward the eotm train, but it will also draw others in for the goods. They may end up liking the game mode and move over to standard wvw. It could be a way to infuse new blood – we sure need it.

SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Odokuro.5049

Odokuro.5049

Its true it would reward the eotm train, but it will also draw others in for the goods. They may end up liking the game mode and move over to standard wvw. It could be a way to infuse new blood – we sure need it.

You’d also be attracting people who are there purely for the loot, and rank-up chest. They wouldn’t work with a commander, or a team, and most likely would allow towers to be taken, ect. just to re-cap them for the xp, and getting more rewards. Getting more numbers is great, but it’s not so great when those numbers don’t care about anything but loot.

Also all this talk about, well if you where in pve it would take 1/3 the time, ect. ect. Well if it would only take 1/3 of the time, you might as well do it. Taking 3x longer to achieve the same thing, seems a bit, unintelligent to me.

The Self-Proclaimed Pervy Sage of Yaks Bend.
https://www.twitch.tv/amazinphelix

in WvW

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

You’d also be attracting people who are there purely for the loot, and rank-up chest. They wouldn’t work with a commander, or a team, and most likely would allow towers to be taken, ect. just to re-cap them for the xp, and getting more rewards. Getting more numbers is great, but it’s not so great when those numbers don’t care about anything but loot.

Also all this talk about, well if you where in pve it would take 1/3 the time, ect. ect. Well if it would only take 1/3 of the time, you might as well do it. Taking 3x longer to achieve the same thing, seems a bit, unintelligent to me.

If I wanted fajitas it would be faster for me to throw the steak on the grill and while it’s cooking just drink the ingredients for the marinade, eat the onion, seasoning,
and pepper raw, eat the tortilla while I’m waiting for the steak to cool and then eat the unseasoned steak.

Sure as kitten wouldn’t be as good as if I took my time to make it properly but it’d be unintelligent to waste all that time right?

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

in WvW

Posted by: Sviel.7493

Sviel.7493

Since it’s tied simply to rank, it’s going to revitalize EotM more than WvW. If that’s the draw, people will rightfully go to EotM to get what they came for while leaving WvW to rot.

Even the citizen discount doesn’t work. You just EotM all day without switching servers and then log into actual WvW for a discount.

in WvW

Odokuro.5049

If I wanted fajitas it would be faster for me to throw the steak on the grill and while it’s cooking just drink the ingredients for the marinade, eat the onion, seasoning,
and pepper raw, eat the tortilla while I’m waiting for the steak to cool and then eat the unseasoned steak.

Sure as kitten wouldn’t be as good as if I took my time to make it properly but it’d be unintelligent to waste all that time right?

You’re comparing eating raw food to a game, like, what?

in WvW

Jim Hunter.6821

Food is food, why take 3x longer to make it taste good when you can just cram the ingredients in your mouth and achieve the same thing?

LGN

in WvW

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

The devs are working on rewards for wvw because we voted on it. I’m sure they are coming someday soon.

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

in WvW

Posted by: ThunderPanda.1872

ThunderPanda.1872

The devs are working on rewards for wvw because we voted on it. I’m sure they are coming someday soon.

Prob 1 year after poll soon

Send me 1000g and I will stop trolling WvW forum.
I have a dream – Our Anet Senpai will make WvW Great Again!
WvW Forum is more competitive than WvW

in WvW

Jim Hunter.6821

Prob 1 year after poll soon

Sure glad they scrapped the WvW overhaul to implement these smaller “faster” changes…..

LGN

in WvW

Odokuro.5049

Food is food, why take 3x longer to make it taste good when you can just cram the ingredients in your mouth and achieve the same thing?

You’re not making any sense, comparing a real life thing to a in-game thing. Taking three times longer in-game to get a legendary compared to just gritting and baring it and doing some content you’re not a fan of, is what I am talking about.

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

It’s much easier karma train in normal WvW. Cap everything in eb and then go cap everything in borderlands and go back in EB.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in WvW

Jim Hunter.6821

You’re not making any sense, comparing a real life thing to a in-game thing. Taking three times longer in-game to get a legendary compared to just gritting and baring it and doing some content you’re not a fan of, is what I am talking about.

I’m sorry, I didn’t realize you had a magical pause button for your life that you push any time you start playing a game. I don’t have that luxury, any time I start playing the game time keeps on ticking.
I’d like to spend the limited game time I have doing something I enjoy rather than “gritting and baring it”, even if it takes 3 times as long. Not sure why you have a problem with that.

LGN

in WvW

Odokuro.5049

I’m sorry, I didn’t realize you had a magical pause button for your life that you push any time you start playing a game. I don’t have that luxury, any time I start playing the game time keeps on ticking.
I’d like to spend the limited game time I have doing something I enjoy rather than “gritting and baring it”, even if it takes 3 times as long. Not sure why you have a problem with that.

I don’t feel like derailing this topic any further than we’ve already done, I voiced my opinion, I’m sorry if you took offense to it, wasn’t my intention at all. Enjoying your time in game is totally up to you on how you spend it.

Take care.

in WvW

Posted by: Bridget Morrigan.1752

Bridget Morrigan.1752

It seems like every time someone suggests making decent loot for WvW, people seem to think that this is going to ruin the play environment somehow because people won’t be playing for the #purity of the game mode. In the meantime, the population dwindles and the people who remain get more and more disillusioned. This is cutting off your nose to spite your face.

Also, I really don’t think people who are just there for the loot will play against their server’s interests. They’ll probably just ball up and zerg and flip enemy towers and camps; that’s usually the best way to advance your rank. People already just let towers flip so they can flip them back.

You say on the one hand that people would be attracted to play purely for the loot and then would play in a way that’s detrimental to the game, but then argue that it would be “unintelligent” to have the loot take three times longer than PvE because any idiot could see that they should just go do that instead. You can’t have it both ways. If the time commitment turns off people who would purely want the loot, then they will just go do PvE in 1/3 the time and NOT be a detriment to WvW because they won’t be here. Obviously. If they’re willing to spend the massive time commitment to get up to Platinum or Mithril Legend (or whatever), that extra time commitment would ensure it would ONLY be worth it if they like the game mode and want to play it. You can’t argue that people would come AND that they would stay away.

Really, as suggested here, it’s just about rewarding players who are involved in the game already. I like to do a variety of things, but the reality is, I’d prefer to play WvW most of the time. Yet if I need cash for something, it’s just not practical to stay here, so I end up doing something else. I know a lot of people that do a variety of activities, but would spend more time in WvW if it was just more economically feasible. This would get more people, who like the game mode already, playing it more often.

Whether it’s this plan or something else, improving individual rewards not going to hurt WvW.

I can’t speak to EotM because I never play there, but who really cares if people go play there a bunch? How is that hurting anyone else? It’s not. At least some people will be in the regular maps, and we only need enough people to get close to a creating a queue. We don’t need an unlimited supply.

in WvW

Posted by: Pinko.2076

Pinko.2076

I like the overall changes you are recommending, but to boil it down to any Devs reading: Spending a lot of time in WvW should allow us to play WvW with more options without having to play non-WvW game modes.

The current system makes people go do what they don’t like doing (or we would be doing it already) in order for them to go back to having fun:

Players that like sPvP don’t need to stop playing their preferred game mode to get sPvP gear.

Players that like PvE/Raids don’t need to stop playing their preferred game mode to get PvE/Raid gear.

Players in WvW are forced to go play PvE/Raids/sPvP to get the gear to play their preferred game mode.

You don’t gain playtime by making WvW players grind PvE to get gear, you get people going inactive. I know a lot of WvW players, and generally we just get disheartened and stop playing rather than go grind in PvE or Raids to try New Fun Spec. (IMO most gamers in general SHOULD do this. Don’t play games you aren’t having fun playing.)

When I play zerk in WvW for a YEAR, I shouldn’t be daunted at the costs when I want to get 14 ascended peices of gear for a new prefix. Especially when all I want to do with that new gear is go back to playing WvW. If I had spent that amount of time on the others modes, I would be rich. Instead, all we want is Ascended gear to keep playing a dead game mode.

(edited by Pinko.2076)

in WvW

Posted by: XenesisII.1540

XenesisII.1540

New NPC vendor-ascended, everything you need

Devs already working on vendor for ascended gear, news of this was from the last living story AMA on reddit.

Reworked loot tables for Wvw Rank

More rewards for ranks? simply no, not when there are players who went to farm in eotm for easier wxp and ranks, wxp in regular wvw is much harder to get. Also the mithril and diamond rewards seem a little ridiculous. The rank up chest could probably use a little boost, but those two levels are going over board.

A wvw made backpiece would be welcomed, but it needs to be implemented a different way, not just by gaining ranks in the past, but from the work you do from the time it’s implemented.

I probably wouldn’t have a problem with bigger rank up rewards if eotm had never been implemented, but it was, and the ktrains rolled, and there are people who do have 10k ranks from there.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“I knew it, I’m surrounded by…” – Dark Helmet

in WvW

Posted by: ThunderPanda.1872

ThunderPanda.1872

EOTM population will explode, EB and BL too casual

Send me 1000g and I will stop trolling WvW forum.
I have a dream – Our Anet Senpai will make WvW Great Again!
WvW Forum is more competitive than WvW