Reset Time Change Please

Reset Time Change Please

in WvW

Posted by: lil devils x.6071

lil devils x.6071

Please change reset to at least one hour earlier. Its too hard to start that late for a cool event.

What exactly is “cool” about it? Everyone sitting in queues? Uncoordinated blobbing? Cool events should be created by the guilds on a the server, not just waiting to get into a blobby mess.
Guilds and servers can run any cool events they want whenever they feel like it, they do not need to do it during reset. That would be the worst possible time for a cool event.
Though if they adopted the suggestion of temporary times maps, you would have new " reset" maps every day/ night multiple times day in addition to the constant maps.

[KILL]Killing Tiers Leader [TOON] Toons of Terror Leader [NEWS This Just In Leader
WvW / PVP ONLY

(edited by lil devils x.6071)

Reset Time Change Please

in WvW

Posted by: briggah.7910

briggah.7910

As an east coast player I have to say 10 pm is kinda late. Usually after 1 – 2 hours I’m tired since I’m up early Friday mornings. They can keep it at 10 pm but only if the west coasters step up their game some or get more players that actually play from the west coast

Player Vs Everyone
youtube channel - twitch channel

Reset Time Change Please

in WvW

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

45 minutes to go

45 minutes after and you’re still not logged in. So why should anyone care for your opinion when you’re not even playing at reset?

buh bye

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Reset Time Change Please

in WvW

Posted by: Melanion.4892

Melanion.4892

Also keep in mind from a West Coast p.o.v, if you’re not on for reset or through queue relatively quickly, you’re waiting until East Coasters decide to leave a map in order to get through.

Disadvantages West Coasters, advantages East Coasters. I was able to get through today’s queue in just over an hour, but that required me to be here at reset and barely miss the original reset. My friend on the East Coast didn’t get home til 10 minutes after reset and he’s still got to wait for 25 people in queue. My guild will have ended the night’s raid by the time he gets through and I will have missed half.

No way of doing reset is perfect, you’ll never please everyone, but there’s got to be a better way than “move it forward an hour.”

Claude – Pink Fairy Mesmer

Reset Time Change Please

in WvW

Posted by: Sylvyn.4750

Sylvyn.4750

Since most people seem to have more time on Fridays to play, although at varying times, I would agree with the poster above who said move the reset to Thursdays.

Also to consider, my server has had the last 2 matchups come out really close with the 2nd place server, where last week we barely got ahead of them on points on Friday, and this week, I don’t know how it came out, but as of last night, it was close again so the last day was the deciding factor. So, for those worried about when reset actually happens, also think about when a match is very close and could be decided even in the last few hours, where the East would usually have more influence on those outcomes.

Are you the type of player that just wants to be in on the initial PvD to rack up WvW experience, or would you rather be part of the team that fights tooth and nail to determine the outcome of the match on the last day?

Reset Time Change Please

in WvW

Posted by: Roxanne.6140

Roxanne.6140

I vote for an earlier reset time too.

gaem not made for mi
===========

Reset Time Change Please

in WvW

Posted by: kathy.8291

kathy.8291

All of us have been saying RESET THE TIMES. There are so many threads about reseting times and it is truly sad that it is so late. What ever happened to 9 pm eastern starting time. Anet 10:00 pm eastern is so late that most of us skip reset or can only play for an hour. This reset time is so so so wrong.

PLEASE CHANGE RESET TIME

Reset Time Change Please

in WvW

Posted by: Mira.4906

Mira.4906

Reset times need to change, last night server meeting only 2 of 6 guilds ran because of the time. An hour earlier 5 of 6 would have been able to run.

Guild Leader for [Myth] Darkhaven

Reset Time Change Please

in WvW

lil devils x.6071

All of us have been saying RESET THE TIMES.

Actually for years they have been hearing " Reset time is too early please move it up* from players that are not home from work yet. I am not on the west coast, but I have heard more than my share of complaints from people who were not home from work for reset for years. THIS is the first time they have been able to play reset at all. The US is a big place, East coast is not all that exists.

I agree with Chris Barrett.3280:

Which is 5pm PST. Too early for those living on the West Coast.

Unless our internal R&D project is successful— flattening the Earth so there’s only one sunrise/sunset for everyone— there is no time which exists that will please everyone.

Reminder: WvW deliberately doesn’t obey Daylight Savings Time changes.

Reset times in NA are currently 7pm/10pm PDT/EDT.

On November 6th, when US time zones (those that obey DST) resume their “Standard” times, it will look like 6pm/9pm PST/EST.

Or, more tersely, it is always 2am UTC year-round.

Extra note: I had to review this post about three times to get it all right. For being simple offsets, it’s amazingly easy to mess up timezone math.

[KILL]Killing Tiers Leader [TOON] Toons of Terror Leader [NEWS This Just In Leader
WvW / PVP ONLY

Reset Time Change Please

in WvW

Posted by: Virtute.8251

Virtute.8251

45 minutes to go

45 minutes after and you’re still not logged in. So why should anyone care for your opinion when you’re not even playing at reset?

buh bye

:D

https://i.imgur.com/DebloKJ.png

https://i.imgur.com/n0CQG77.jpg

;)

Attachments:

Legendary PvF Keep Lord Anvu Pansu Senpai
RvR isn’t “endgame”, it’s the only game. Cu in CU.

(edited by Virtute.8251)

Reset Time Change Please

in WvW

Posted by: Skynet.7201

Skynet.7201

I personally hate things like straw poll and change.org, so I’ll just say it here.

I’m in the EST time zone, and I agree. 10:00 p.m. is too late.

I appreciate having reset back to Friday night, for sure, but it would be nice to have it back to 9:00 p.m., making it start at 6:00 p.m. for PST folks.

That time frame is a win-win for everyone. A lot of EST folks end up sitting out for an hour waiting on the queue, and then don’t have time to play, but PST folks would still have time to wait.

Just my $.02 copper.

We created the perfect infiltration machine.
Join 9K+ GW2 players: https://www.facebook.com/groups/GW2Gamers/
All are welcome!

Reset Time Change Please

in WvW

Posted by: CrimeMaker.8612

CrimeMaker.8612

All those pst people who are complaining about being stuck in queue for hours guess what you don’t have that long of queues down in t4 :p

Reset Time Change Please

in WvW

Posted by: Virtute.8251

Virtute.8251

Can I just tweet @GuildWars2 when I’m ready for WvW to reset, please?

TY IN ADVANCE

Legendary PvF Keep Lord Anvu Pansu Senpai
RvR isn’t “endgame”, it’s the only game. Cu in CU.

Reset Time Change Please

in WvW

Posted by: Swedemon.4670

Swedemon.4670

Actually for years they have been hearing " Reset time is too early please move it up* from players that are not home from work yet. I am not on the west coast, but I have heard more than my share of complaints from people who were not home from work for reset for years. THIS is the first time they have been able to play reset at all. The US is a big place, East coast is not all that exists.

I can definitely see west coast perspective where you come home and are greeted by long queues, and I agree that should be addressed. By 8pm most of the east coast are signing off providing a good three hours of game play. Not great because you had to wait in queue, perhaps during dinner, but the west coast does get a long period of reset enjoyment.

If you look at the east coast perspective (for those that aren’t night owls) our reset playing window is reduced from roughly 9:15pm to 11pm down to 10:15pm to 11pm. Is 45 minutes of game play worth getting excited about?

So I would argue that Anet addressed one medium issue and created one large issue.

Reset Time Change Please

in WvW

Posted by: Doll Mistress.9267

Doll Mistress.9267

10 PM...too late to "start" doing something...so east coast players have to choose between sleep and playing a game...gee thanks.

Plus, it puts servers with a high east coast population at a disadvantage...

Reset Time Change Please

in WvW

Posted by: Quednau.7390

Quednau.7390

Being on the west coast, i like the reset time. it fits perfectly. But at the same time it hurts the east coast players. If an east coast guild raids for 3 hours they’ll be staying up till 1 am. It wont matter to me if they change the times back the way they were. I still get my fix
in the end.

Darkhaven
[Qrew] Leader
Warrior

Reset Time Change Please

in WvW

lil devils x.6071

I can definitely see west coast perspective where you come home and are greeted by long queues, and I agree that should be addressed. By 8pm most of the east coast are signing off providing a good three hours of game play. Not great because you had to wait in queue, perhaps during dinner, but the west coast does get a long period of reset enjoyment.

If you look at the east coast perspective (for those that aren’t night owls) our reset playing window is reduced from roughly 9:15pm to 11pm down to 10:15pm to 11pm. Is 45 minutes of game play worth getting excited about?

So I would argue that Anet addressed one medium issue and created one large issue.

I personally hate things like straw poll and change.org, so I’ll just say it here.

I’m in the EST time zone, and I agree. 10:00 p.m. is too late.

I appreciate having reset back to Friday night, for sure, but it would be nice to have it back to 9:00 p.m., making it start at 6:00 p.m. for PST folks.

That time frame is a win-win for everyone. A lot of EST folks end up sitting out for an hour waiting on the queue, and then don’t have time to play, but PST folks would still have time to wait.

Just my $.02 copper.

Just in case you missed it earlier in the thread, Anet already said it is set for 6pm PST, just they do not do daylight savings time is the issue :

Reminder: WvW deliberately doesn’t obey Daylight Savings Time changes.

Reset times in NA are currently 7pm/10pm PDT/EDT.

On November 6th, when US time zones (those that obey DST) resume their “Standard” times, it will look like 6pm/9pm PST/EST.

Or, more tersely, it is always 2am UTC year-round.

Extra note: I had to review this post about three times to get it all right. For being simple offsets, it’s amazingly easy to mess up timezone math.

So in November, it IS set to 6pm EST.

WvW / PVP ONLY

Reset Time Change Please

in WvW

Swedemon.4670

This was not missed. The request is to revert the change that made the reset one hour later year round. Reset night has never started at 10:15pm US Eastern time until recently which is crazy late for the majority of east coasters. In November it will bounce back to 9pm, so are we to enjoy reset only for the winter season?

(edited by Swedemon.4670)

Reset Time Change Please

in WvW

Skynet.7201

This was not missed. The request is to revert the change that made the reset one hour later year round. Reset night has never started at 10:15pm US Eastern time until recently which is crazy late for the majority of east coasters. In November it will bounce back to 9pm, so are we to enjoy reset only for the winter season?

Exactly.

It WAS originally one hour earlier than it is now. Right now it WOULD be 9 p.m. eastern, and in the fall, 8 p.m. eastern, which worked out better for eastern time zones.

All are welcome!

Reset Time Change Please

in WvW

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

All y’all arguing about changing WvW reset time because east coast/west coast reasons. Y’all might want to remember that it’s world wide. Any change will affect players everywhere else, Europe, Australia, the players in Asia, and the time they get on to play WvW. ANet has to consider them as well as the NA players.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Reset Time Change Please

in WvW

lil devils x.6071

Exactly.

It WAS originally one hour earlier than it is now. Right now it WOULD be 9 p.m. eastern, and in the fall, 8 p.m. eastern, which worked out better for eastern time zones.

They ALREADY stated 5pm PST is too early and does not work, so that idea has already been declined. I can understand why 5 pm would be non negotiable, if they set the time too early for the east coast to get home from work they would complain about that as well. Maybe they should just make reset during OCX and call it a day so people will stop all trying to log in at once and make a horrible uncoordinated blobby mess anyhow. XD

There is no universal time that makes everyone happy. They could try to observe daylight savings time, but that comes with a whole new set of problems on it’s own. I Have never understood why people think reset is even a good time to play, it is just a cluster kitten.

WvW / PVP ONLY

Reset Time Change Please

in WvW

Posted by: Sylvyn.4750

Sylvyn.4750

Wait until Last Stand is implemented, then EST may be wishing reset wasn’t so early…

Reset Time Change Please

in WvW

lil devils x.6071

Wait until Last Stand is implemented, then EST may be wishing reset wasn’t so early…

Hopefully they will reconsider that idea and not implement something that just causes more problems than it solves. This just comes across as another one of " those bad ideas" that they will waste time and resources on to implement, then waste more time and resources on to take it back out after they realize it was bad.

WvW / PVP ONLY

Reset Time Change Please

in WvW

Swedemon.4670

They ALREADY stated 5pm PST is too early and does not work, so that idea has already been declined.

Clearly, and this post is here to to ask them to reconsider, and we’re providing reasons it doesn’t work. 5pm for west coasters is too early, 10pm for east coasters is too late. Again, at least west coasters can queue and join for several hours either way.

It sounds like the ONLY solution that works for both parties is to make it fixed 6pm/9pm year round and adjust for daylight savings.

Reset Time Change Please

in WvW

Skynet.7201

They ALREADY stated 5pm PST is too early and does not work, so that idea has already been declined.

Clearly, and this post is here to to ask them to reconsider, and we’re providing reasons it doesn’t work. 5pm for west coasters is too early, 10pm for east coasters is too late. Again, at least west coasters can queue and join for several hours either way.

It sounds like the ONLY solution that works for both parties is to make it fixed 6pm/9pm year round and adjust for daylight savings.

^^gets it^^

All are welcome!

Reset Time Change Please

in WvW

Posted by: joneirikb.7506

joneirikb.7506

This.

ANet specified this in the voting thread, go look it up.

Maybe they should just make reset during OCX and call it a day so people will stop all trying to log in at once and make a horrible uncoordinated blobby mess anyhow. XD

I Have never understood why people think reset is even a good time to play, it is just a cluster kitten.

Quoted these two because I like them.

Elrik Noj (Norn Guardian, Kaineng [SIN][Owls])
“Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth.”
“The objective is to win. The goal is to have fun.”

Reset Time Change Please

in WvW

CrimeMaker.8612

Anet doing so many polls. Hey anet how about you guys do a reset time change poll and find out yourself what majority of the people want

Reset Time Change Please

in WvW

lil devils x.6071

Anet doing so many polls. Hey anet how about you guys do a reset time change poll and find out yourself what majority of the people want

Thought they already did that is why it is back to Fridays. You know, something people should consider as they are trying to dismiss " the West coast". That is where Anet is located and ALL of their personal friends, neighbors and family who play this game live there. You would be essentially asking them to ignore what everyone who is near them telling them to their faces. LOL

WEST COAST IS Anet’s Timezone.

WvW / PVP ONLY

Reset Time Change Please

in WvW

Posted by: Loosmaster.8263

Loosmaster.8263

Thought they already did that is why it is back to Fridays. You know, something people should consider as they are trying to dismiss " the West coast". That is where Anet is located and ALL of their personal friends, neighbors and family who play this game live there. You would be essentially asking them to ignore what everyone who is near them telling them to their faces. LOL

Plus all their internal reasons!!!

Tacktical Killers [TK]
We’re looking for players.
PM me here or ING.

Reset Time Change Please

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Play what? I haven’t seen a Friday night fight night in about a year, the only thing that happens on Friday before reset is karma trains while people wait for reset.

I actually find more roaming fights just before reset than most other days. Lots of players waiting for reset and not a lot of zergs roaming around.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

Reset Time Change Please

in WvW

lil devils x.6071

Plus all their internal reasons!!!

AND that the people telling them this IN PERSON can egg their homes and key their cars. LMAO

You just hear how people rage on the game about the queues.. now what if they are raging like that in person? and KNOW where you live?

WvW / PVP ONLY

Reset Time Change Please

in WvW

Posted by: synergy.5809

synergy.5809

They changed back reset to the time most players wanted.

most players wanted the time it was before on Friday. They changed it to really late at night on Friday instead.

Reset Time Change Please

in WvW

CrimeMaker.8612

They changed back reset to the time most players wanted.

most players wanted the time it was before on Friday. They changed it to really late at night on Friday instead.

The fact that they are still being ignorant about it is literally amazing like how hard it is to change it back to what we all wanted? They are all do these kittening polls but can’t do one reset time poll? Lol please

Reset Time Change Please

in WvW

CrimeMaker.8612

Still waiting for reset time change poll.. Where we can go back to the original friday night reset time with 9pm est and with day light savings 8pm est.

Reset Time Change Please

in WvW

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

Still waiting for reset time change poll.. Where we can go back to the original friday night reset time with 9pm est and with day light savings 8pm est.

+1

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

Reset Time Change Please

in WvW

Posted by: Moderator

We are closing this thread as this has already been answered.