Rage against the Machine

Rage against the Machine

in WvW

Posted by: Alystene.2418

Alystene.2418

Hi here.

I’m going to talk about machines. IE Catapults / Alpha-Omega Golems.

- At first : Catapults
What about this very stupid tactic, that’s consist to fire your own doors?
Chain knockback attackers, no damages on your own doors? that’s broken.

- At second : Golems
Golems are broken, to many crowd control, a 10 golems rush is just… stupid. Reinforced doors are explosing in 2 minutes…
Are you serious Arena Net?

Is That the futur of your World versus World?
Hard zerg + golems? It’s a little boring… And the clipping in thoses conditions is… too powerfull to have fun.

What do you thing all others about this stupid approch of World versus World?

I have a dream : down Siege weapons against players (not doors / wall), supress knockback of catapult or put a immunity to be KB again during 15-20 sec, limitate golem to Alpha, and to 3 golems max per World on each map.

Enetsyla – War | Alystene Noree – Guardian
Xxoii – Engeneer [SoW]
Fort Ranik

Rage against the Machine

in WvW

Posted by: Epsilon.3601

Epsilon.3601

Catapults on door =

If they put catapults on doors, you have to lay the rams at max range so you don’t get hit. This is a non issue.
Also, another standard procedure is just building a catapult to knock down the gate / destroy the inside catapults.

Golem Zerg -

Requires massive resources (Gold, supply). I’ve only personally been involved with two golems at once, and we were able to take one down before the battle was lost. My guild mates however have coordinated golem strikes as well as defended against a 12 or 13 golem team. (They didn’t win the battle, but they destroyed several golems.) In the end, they only thing I think “might” be broken is the ability for golems to use mesmer portals. That’s about it though.

Rage against the Machine

in WvW

Posted by: Felix.3028

Felix.3028

Catapults firing from inside the keep/tower can be countered by placing the ram in such a way that the edge of it’s range is just touching the door.

Golems are countered with ballista.

Rage against the Machine

in WvW

Posted by: Barkey.2609

Barkey.2609

I haven’t really had any issues with Golems yet. I mean in a ridiculous number they can be a problem, but if you focus fire on them they go down really easily, and they are slow and unwieldy. The answer to beating a golem is to kill them fast, and not get close to them.

Golems are a big investment in resources. I’ve watched a 10 golem rush melt under sustained fire, that’s a lot of gold being kitten away for no real gain. My guild has a million golem blueprints laying around because they take so much supply that we never feel the investment is worth it.

Just gotta play smart.

As for the catapult issue, we found a bug that works around that. If you dodge roll back and initiate control of the Ram at the same time, you’ll finish the roll and be in control. This effectively lets you keep using the ram from out of catapult knockback range. Honestly I also appreciate being able to use the catapult as a defender, and like things the way they are in that respect.

Aggressive Napkins [MoB] Warrior
Defensive Napkins [MoB] Guardian
Isle of Janthir