Rally Bots

Rally Bots

in WvW

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

Downed-state and the associated Rally mechanic are terrible in every PvP scenario.

We have established this in countless threads but ANet just doesn’t seem to care about it at all.

Anyway, what they do seem to care about though is casual players and “playing together”.

So here’s a reason why the Rally system needs a rework.

When things get rough in our random WvW zerg, people look for things to blame. And the first and most obvious target are upleveled characters because they die faster than average level 80s and thus serve as rally-bots for the enemy.

The zerg then tends to vent its frustration at these up-leveled players, be it fair or not.

I.e. the rally mechanic discourages people to play together and incites hostility and frustration at your fellow players who might not have built for max. WvW efficiency.

So there you are ANet. I know you don’t care much for well reasoned thoughts and arguments about the detrimental effect of downed-state/rally but I know you care about casuals who love spending money on the cash-shop and about playing together.

So maybe now you can get around to actually addressing this god-awful mechanic.

(edited by Dee Jay.2460)

Rally Bots

in WvW

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

Downed state is O.K in small battles, if you’re in a 5v7 squabble and get focused it can add to the fight but in “epic” battles it’s a crutch for the side with the most people. Upwards of 20 players it starts getting ridiculous and in a 60 man zerg, well you can even be glassy and sloppy because a rally is pretty much guaranteed (plus the 5 target AoE limit helps). The fact that downed skills are not balanced between the classes in a whole other issue.

Whispers with meat.

Rally Bots

in WvW

Posted by: CEDWYN.5392

CEDWYN.5392

Let’s be fair… Anet has no idea what they want for this game mode.

They want large zergs, they want small groups, they want roamers, they want scouts and people to refresh siege, they want people to cap ruins, they want people to play on pvp overflow maps, they want jump puzzles, they want gvg (I think), they want pve on pvp maps, they want pve objectives.

Rally bots are the last of their concern.

Rally Bots

in WvW

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

not to mention that certain professions are completely impossible to stop at stomping. Such as thieves, mesmers and engineers.

Others are impossible to stop ressing, such as warrior and ranger (revive on elite)

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU

Rally Bots

in WvW

Posted by: drkn.3429

drkn.3429

I would like ANet to introduce an Eternal Rallybot title.
For whatever.
I would grind for weeks just to get it and display across all my toons for the lulz.

On topic – chill a bit, master gamer, or you shall burn out. Some people would keep dying and being bad, and letting enemies get stacks off them or whatever, even without rally. Keep calm and carry on.

Rally Bots

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Make it so people can only rally of a person when tyhey have done a certain amount of dmg, think right now u only need to hit once and beside that, how many people can rally off 1 person dying? 10? 50?

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

Rally Bots

in WvW

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

Make it so people can only rally of a person when tyhey have done a certain amount of dmg, think right now u only need to hit once and beside that, how many people can rally off 1 person dying? 10? 50?

or if the person you hit is within 320 radius…. currently you can die at one side of bay and get rallied off the other if the person dies fast enough

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU