Ram mastery, a little bit over the top?

in WvW

Posted by: Paavotar.3971

Paavotar.3971

Could ANet consider tuning down the Ram Mastery line, because it is pretty ridicilious to be honest. I like the Iron hide thing, that is actually nice so people can withstand the arrow cart fire a little bit better, but the damage boost is just over the top.

Rough quick calculations reveal that if you buy the 3 first points of the ram mastery, you will be able to deal approximately 50-60% more damage. This damage boost comes through the ~33% cooldown reduction and from the stacks of vulnerability. That boost basically makes regular rams into superiors and superiors into… well I don’t know Ascended Rams?

This whole ram mastery line has made defending a whole lot more annoying. You can just break a wooden gate down in 20 seconds with 2 superior rams and there is pretty much nothing defenders can do if they didn’t spot the group coming miles away and already had 4 superior AC’s up somewhere near the gate and manned.

Reinforced gates don’t stand long either under the huge pressure those superior rams now give. The damage boost combined with the iron hide pretty much ensures that the rammer can safely just keep ramming the gate until it goes down.

I don’t know about all of you, but I would really like that mastery line tuned down, because at the current state wooden gates are pretty much meaningless.

A Pink scumbag of [FACE] and deep inside a [GuM]ster
Mouggari – Warrior – Candy cane Avenger

in WvW

Posted by: meep.2601

meep.2601

uh, who cares about balance? all i want to do is steamroll!!1

in WvW

Posted by: Tricare.2946

Tricare.2946

They tested them, they are working as intended.

in WvW

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

I dearly hope I’m not the only one that saw this coming when they decided to put damage bonuses in the rankup system. Without an equivalent increase in power for gates and walls, they were doomed to irrelevance as soon as the cata line was introduced.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in WvW

Posted by: strifer.8320

strifer.8320

Indeed. Rams are too strong atm. Anet should really strengthen gates, mby give another tier into gates or tone down the ram mastery line.

Elderly Woman/Charr Warrior
[FURY] Gunnars Hold

in WvW

Posted by: Krypto.2069

Krypto.2069

uh, who cares about balance? all i want to do is steamroll!!1

Yet another poorly, if at all, tested mechanic added to WvW that takes away from any sort of chance anyone, particularly the underdog, has of fighting the superior force that’s probably doped up on 3 stacks of BL Bloodlust.

The decision makers of WvW overall do not make sound decisions, are too slow to alter their screw ups, and are quickly digging the grave of this aspect of gw2. The Ram mastery is just another example of this.

Have there been improvements, sure. But the scale is heavily weighted on the side of disfunctionality rather than functionality when it comes to WvW’s existing features and adaptations implemented in the last 12 months.

I fear for WvW’s survival.

Moonlight [THRU]

(edited by Krypto.2069)

in WvW

Posted by: Armo.6208

Armo.6208

they could change the oil pot to be repairable and make mastery in it give huge damage boost against rams/golems or something like that.

in WvW

Posted by: Xom.9264

Xom.9264

Yet another poorly, if at all, tested mechanic added to WvW that takes away from any sort of chance anyone, particularly the underdog, has of fighting the superior force that’s probably doped up on 3 stacks of BL Bloodlust.

Working as intended you need to buy gems so you can transfer to the larger population sever.

Xomox ~Human Necro/Engineer ET

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Anyone else feel superior offensive siege is already somewhat broken — especially at times of low coverage?

in WvW

Posted by: Pendragon.8735

Pendragon.8735

The somewhat missed negative of ram mastery is it solve the overpoweredness of arrow carts, but only for the guy on a ram.

They would have done far better to just nerf arrow carts, then make the bonuses for ram mastery a lot smaller. 25% reduction in damage taken say, and a smaller boost to ram damage.

Siege reining supreme must be the end goal here, I don’t know, maybe because siege costs coin, and needing in game coin translates to Anet making real coin.

in WvW

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

In general these abilities all just further increase the offensive aspect of WvW while giving defenders even less incentive and time to actually try and defend.

Yay, thanks to all these damage increases towers will now drop in 30 seconds instead of kitten now an enemy zerg couldn’t get there in time even if they wanted to.

I could get behind this if they removed player trash damage (or at least ranged) but I don’t see that happening.

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Its a bit to much imo so i agree with OP.

Now lets sit back and watch what Anet will do to golems as theyre the last one left to get a mastery line

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Posted by: RedOwl.7496

RedOwl.7496

Makes defending even more pointless than it was before. And now there is even less point in buying upgrades.

I bet if everyone would just quit buying upgrades for towers and keeps they’d change it.

It is like they want stuff to be easy to flip for some reason. I wonder how much money upgrades takes out of the economy?

in WvW

Posted by: Fallout.1798

Fallout.1798

They would have done far better to just nerf arrow carts, then make the bonuses for ram mastery a lot smaller. 25% reduction in damage taken say, and a smaller boost to ram damage.

I agree that ram mastery is a bit too strong. When I my self first tested it out I thought “Neat!” Then soon I saw that when my small group was taking a un-upgraded tower with a single normal ram, my thoughts turned to “man…how much faster was that than without the mastery???”

The Iron Hide buff should be lower, like 20% damage reduction I think is more fair. The rank 3 ability for faster ram skill recharge should be a bit less, like no less than 4 seconds for the main ramming ability.

And finally, I think that gates should receive an overall increase to their hot points, perhaps 10% more or so. And more defense against player damage so a mega group of players can’t just as easily beat down a paper gate with their bare hands.

Stormbluff Isle
[AoD]- Commander Vars Wolf

in WvW

Posted by: Niim.9260

Niim.9260

Its fine, this way the karma/wxp trains can do their circles even faster, maybe they might bump into one another by accident.

~ AoN ~