Random Match Ups

Random Match Ups

in WvW

Posted by: Orbys.4895

Orbys.4895

I would enjoy this much more then the current system. Every friday the server match ups should randomize. Winning team gets 2 points, second place gets 1 points, last gets 0 points. At the end of the year we see which server has the most points.

Dont throw out “uneven matches” because we already have a ton of that going on. Who knows, maybe a low rank server will see a high tier in action and pick up some tactics themselves.

Would love to see some epic upsets as well. This is just my thought.

Random Match Ups

in WvW

Posted by: Intigo.1653

Intigo.1653

This is a terrible idea, yes.

For Europe, only the bottom 2 tiers are a complete mess. ArenaNet should simply address how slow turnover happens at the lower tiers and everything is fine. I feel terrible for servers like Whiteside Ridge.

80 Asura Elementalist – [Red Guard]
http://www.youtube.com/user/IntigoGW2

Random Match Ups

in WvW

Posted by: Orbys.4895

Orbys.4895

Well the American servers are a mess lol.

Random Match Ups

in WvW

Posted by: inbetween.5623

inbetween.5623

Over a one week period? Would be 100x more awful than the current format. You’d luck out to find a balanced matchup since the quality/numbers between servers of different tiers is very significant. What you’re proposing is the possibility of three servers from different tiers playing against one another, sometihng like tier 2 server A vs tier 4 server B vs tier 7 server C.
Outcome is entirely predictable and matchups would be decided in minutes to hours (at most a day). Blowouts galore. And no that doesnt mean one server winning by 50-60k like current formats but rather one server winning by 300k.
Would you seriously prefer that?