Random idea to solve senseless 2 vs 1

in WvW

Posted by: Nikola.3841

Nikola.3841

Create dungeon, lets call it Darkness Falls.
It should have good stuff inside, and be open for wvw fighting, but only realm with
highest tick has access…I think that would lead to some interesting dynamic in wvw

in WvW

Posted by: I Deschain I.4623

I Deschain I.4623

I dunno what you take, but gimme some.

3rd player NA to reach Diamond Invader (WvW Rank 6445+) on 10/29/14.
Retired.

in WvW

Posted by: Mindtrick.5190

Mindtrick.5190

No such thing as 2v1 it’s all in your mind

Got Ninja?
https://www.twitch.tv/mindtrick714
<3 and Hugs no Hate I Just Point Out Fail.

in WvW

Posted by: Omnitek.3876

Omnitek.3876

2v1 is part of the game. I start 2v1 on BG in eternal every night. I don’t actually know any JQ, nor do I communicate with them. Starting a 2v1 is easy, to stop it, you need enough people to push 1 side off your lands and hold them off. They will do the rest.

:)

A L T S
Skritt Happens

in WvW

Posted by: Zhrek.9781

Zhrek.9781

This sounds oddly familiar, hmmm where could this be from ;p. Not sure about solving 2 v 1, but it would increase the WvW popularity and add a nice dynamic. That is if it had some epic loot/skins, farming area’s, or even some unique boss fights. Then add a touch of PvP in there, how could you go wrong!? best daoc dungeon ever!

(edited by Zhrek.9781)

in WvW

Mindtrick.5190

How dare you alts leave this forum to me

Got Ninja?

in WvW

Nikola.3841

I didn’t say “get rid of 2vs1”, I said it should make sense, and for me, it makes sense when 2 weaker sides attack strongest, not other way around

in WvW

Posted by: pot.6805

pot.6805

2v1 is part of the game. I start 2v1 on BG in eternal every night. I don’t actually know any JQ, nor do I communicate with them. Starting a 2v1 is easy, to stop it, you need enough people to push 1 side off your lands and hold them off. They will do the rest.

Doesn’t surprise me that tsym would take the easy way out considering since you took the easy way out on SoR and became just another zergball guild. I miss the old tysm from SoS who actually ran around by themselves and had good fights and didn’t just join the full map zergballs.

BeeGee
Beast mode

(edited by pot.6805)

in WvW

Zhrek.9781

Doesn’t surprise me that tsym would take the easy way out considering since you took the easy way out on SoR and became just another zergball guild. I miss the old tysm from SoS who actually ran around by themselves and had good fights and didn’t just join the full map zergballs.

Get your hate out of here! Back to the subject.

in WvW

pot.6805

I just miss the old tsym. Had some great fights with them back then.

BeeGee
Beast mode

in WvW

Omnitek.3876

I didn’t say “get rid of 2vs1”, I said it should make sense, and for me, it makes sense when 2 weaker sides attack strongest, not other way around

Being the weakest, you need to learn the dynamics of a 2v1 and how to turn them around.

Server A has 60 people and server B has 50 people and they are fighting, take your server C people of 30 and cut off server A or B reinforcements . once a side wins leave and push the server that lost on another front.

Learning server and commander dynamics is key as well. Contrary to popular belief, it isn’t just zerg down whoever, whenever you want. When u agree out manned, play the boring ppt game.

Oh, pot. I play oceanic tsym where I have 10 ppl trying to hold EB while the other guilds map hop. NA tsym is not my time. Maybe this weekend though. Add me and we can get some fights set up.

A L T S
Skritt Happens

(edited by Omnitek.3876)

in WvW

Nikola.3841

Being the weakest, you need to learn the dynamics of a 2v1 and how to turn them around.

Server A has 60 people and server B has 50 people and they are fighting, take your server C people of 30 and cut off server A or B reinforcements . once a side wins leave and push the server that lost on another front.

Learning server and commander dynamics is key as well. Contrary to popular belief, it isn’t just zerg down whoever, whenever you want. When u agree out manned, play the boring ppt game.

You missed key point…what if server A and server B team up against server C, ie 110 vs 30?

in WvW

pot.6805

Oh, pot. I play oceanic tsym where I have 10 ppl trying to hold EB while the other guilds map hop. NA tsym is not my time. Maybe this weekend though. Add me and we can get some fights set up.

It was just a big shock from when I remember fighting tsym on SoS. They never full map zerged with two other big guilds like the choo/fear/tsym zergball did the other night. It really is disappointing that this is what WvW has become. I do miss those days when guilds were able to actually fight in open field without full map zergs and full map zergs didn’t rule every map. IT was fun setting up ambushes for each other and having actual battles that involved skill, not just steamrolling over 30 people with your 80.

BeeGee
Beast mode

in WvW

Mindtrick.5190

I just miss the old tsym. Had some great fights with them back then.

Change is hard for some, keep on staying average.

Got Ninja?

in WvW

Posted by: WyldKat.4712

WyldKat.4712

“Fear leads to anger; anger leads to hate; hate leads to 2 v 1.”

Zestee, Cryptician Zetti, Zissi The Jack, Zi Mao,
Ziffy Snidehide, Zadie Hawkkin, Zannie Oakley, Zuulja
[ODIN],[NaCl] – Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Omnitek.3876

You missed key point…what if server A and server B team up against server C, ie 110 vs 30?

2 things happen. You man Siege and stay inside towers (boring as fk) or you let them have it. Move to another bl. One side wipes the other, side that lost QQ hits side that won on the other side of the map and they fight away from your lands

You take back your stuff and push a side or d up. There is no way a 50 and 60 man zerg will hit the same tower and the same time and ignored each other.

BG let sor and jq fight and wiped both over and over inside the lords room of blue keep in EB. Night after night.

You will be out manned, no repairs. Die lots<3

A L T S
Skritt Happens

in WvW

Posted by: Le Rooster.8715

Le Rooster.8715

i 2v1 all da time bro

Roosters Inc-Team Shatter [TS] Commander
Sea of Sorrows http://www.gw2sos.com/index.php

in WvW

Nikola.3841

BG let sor and jq fight and wiped both over and over inside the lords room of blue keep in EB. Night after night.

You will be out manned, no repairs. Die lots<3

Really? I remember JQ winning most of equal number fights

in WvW

Posted by: Niim.9260

Niim.9260

It is a three way match for a reason. It is a L2P issue imo.

~ AoN ~

in WvW

Posted by: Dynnen.6405

Dynnen.6405

Its crazy how much of the wvw population hasn’t played or even heard of DAoC =*(

in WvW

Posted by: Korsbaek.9803

Korsbaek.9803

2 strong servers will both proberly take the weaker one first for points or to make sure that they dont intervien in the fight they are going to have with the other server so that it gets 2 on 1 agienst them;)

Commander Korsbaek lvl 80 Guardian
Ayano Yagami lvl 80 ele

in WvW

Nikola.3841

What I wanted to promote here is idea that servers should compete to achieve #1 spot, and not to put someone in #3 spot (that seem to happen in t1 and t2 so often)

Its crazy how much of the wvw population hasn’t played or even heard of DAoC =*(

They should consider themselves lucky

It is a three way match for a reason. It is a L2P issue imo.

You forgot to tell us a reason

(edited by Nikola.3841)

in WvW

Posted by: urak.4863

urak.4863

Nobody would care about 2v1 if they’re “here for the fights”.

I eat breakfast for dinner.

in WvW

Nikola.3841

Except when you can’t move from spawn because other 2 sides don’t attack each other and camp all of your spawns

in WvW

Posted by: urak.4863

urak.4863

Except when you can’t move from spawn because other 2 sides don’t attack each other and camp all of your spawns

If that happens I pity your tier

Also in reply to your previous post (multi quoting is a headache for mobile)

If server A is far ahead in points, with B and C being quite close by, naturally B/C will attack each other to gain PPT advantage. And then if A attacks anybody it’ll become like a 2v1 no matter who they hit

I eat breakfast for dinner.

in WvW

Posted by: manbearpig.8095

manbearpig.8095

only problem I see with this is parties are invited into the dungeon as long as your in the area so top score wouldn’t matter. and if they fixed that then im sure that would mess around with the other dungeons and pve would q.q……. you know how fast anet responds to them

kintai yuhara 80 necro [RE]

in WvW

Posted by: nachtnebel.9168

nachtnebel.9168

So you think the solution to a WvW issue is to add more PvE?
No thanks.

Salix Babylonica (Necro), Tharnath (Guardian), N Faculty (Mesmer),
Occam Pi (Ele), Acaena Elongata (Warrior), Finja Salversdotir (Ranger),
Bytestream (Engineer), Vim Whitespace (Thief)

in WvW

Dynnen.6405

Nikola, considering that you’ve posted quite a few things about DAoC saying things in it worked and things here didn’t , I’m not sure what you mean by they are lucky they never heard or played it.

in WvW

Posted by: Victoitor.2917

Victoitor.2917

It should have good stuff inside, and be open for wvw fighting, but only realm with
highest tick has access…I think that would lead to some interesting dynamic in wvw

Wouldn’t that fill up with pve players only while the WvW players would continue on the battlefield?

Raimundo Faztudo (Human Engineer) – Current WvW
Mr Tauser (Char Warrior) – Current PvE
[CATZ] – HoD

in WvW

Nikola.3841

Nikola, considering that you’ve posted quite a few things about DAoC saying things in it worked and things here didn’t , I’m not sure what you mean by they are lucky they never heard or played it.

They can enjoy GW2 better than me

Wouldn’t that fill up with pve players only while the WvW players would continue on the battlefield?

Only if they’re man enough to ignore the urge to go for superb loot, and stay outside to allow their server mates enjoy new map…and other servers people that were already inside would NOT be kicked out when access to map goes to another server. Of course that pve people could join…they should just expect to be ganked while doing PVE

(edited by Nikola.3841)

in WvW

Posted by: Nymph of Meliai.6739

Nymph of Meliai.6739

am I missing the starting post here? Was it deleted because this thread makes zero sense.

“Create dungeon, lets call it Darkness Falls.
highest tick has access…I think that would lead to some interesting dynamic in wvw”

How do you have wvw if only one realm has access to it? Wouldn’t it just be another pve dungeon that is reliant on the pvp players for access (aka UW/FoW in GW1 before they changed the dynamics)…

it is a pointless idea… all you will have is a lot of pve players complaining about not having access when their server is not doing well… and lots of pvp players complaining about the pve people bandwagoning their server and not contributing to the fighting.

I thought the activities inside forts for scouts was the worst wvw idea ever… but I think I jumped the gun… this is definitely the worst idea so far.

Nymeria Meliae | SoS
Acid Bath Babies Go Plop Plop [FizZ]

in WvW

Nikola.3841

How do you have wvw if only one realm has access to it? Wouldn’t it just be another pve dungeon that is reliant on the pvp players for access (aka UW/FoW in GW1 before they changed the dynamics)…

Because other 2 servers already had people in it when it flipped? I don’t see why is that hard to comprehend.
If it has good drops, why pvp people would not hurry there when in flips? Is it bad thing that dominating server in wvw loses some people to pvp/pve combo dungeon?

in WvW

Posted by: Ender.3508

Ender.3508

This sounds oddly familiar, hmmm where could this be from ;p. Not sure about solving 2 v 1, but it would increase the WvW popularity and add a nice dynamic. That is if it had some epic loot/skins, farming area’s, or even some unique boss fights. Then add a touch of PvP in there, how could you go wrong!? best daoc dungeon ever!

An idea like this was mention several months back, like in October. I even think the name is the same. I’m not opposed to this idea but I think it’d be better if it was only enterable by the server that held a certain node on a new map, not just highest PPT.

Kretna 80 Elementalist
ex – The Midnight Syndicate [Dark]
Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Nymph of Meliai.6739

Nymph of Meliai.6739

Because other 2 servers already had people in it when it flipped? I don’t see why is that hard to comprehend.
If it has good drops, why pvp people would not hurry there when in flips? Is it bad thing that dominating server in wvw loses some people to pvp/pve combo dungeon?

OK in reality 1 other server will have people there when it flips… it flips and then the dominant server head there and the first thing they do is wipe out the people already there. End of story… pointless. Still the worst wvw idea ever.

Nymeria Meliae | SoS
Acid Bath Babies Go Plop Plop [FizZ]

in WvW

Nikola.3841

OK in reality 1 other server will have people there when it flips… it flips and then the dominant server head there and the first thing they do is wipe out the people already there. End of story… pointless. Still the worst wvw idea ever.

Actually, in DAOC, sometimes it took hours for other server to regain control, because, well, incentive to keep it was so high…I guess its all about incentives and balance…

Do some google and you’ll find people asking for DF style dungeon in Rift, WAR, Secret World, while Camelot Unchained and TESO both promised one

Oh, and
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/Darkness-Falls-Please-Thank-you/first#post217102

(edited by Nikola.3841)

in WvW

Posted by: eithinan.9841

eithinan.9841

I didn’t play DaoC. I think this idea has some merit if implemented properly. Traps would have a strong determining effect on the viability of combat inside the zone.

a few constructive quetions.

would siege be allowed in the zone?
would there be capture points?
choke points?
would this be a glorified Eternal Jump puzzle?
what differences to the JP would there be?
would there be a jump puzzle component for mesmers to help people skip over?

in WvW

Posted by: Ghanto.9784

Ghanto.9784

I think he’s having DAoC flashbacks.

EDIT: Only just now seeing the other DAoC comments, so sorry for being redundant.

in WvW

Posted by: Cactus.2710

Cactus.2710

Because adding something (a dungeon) that is pretty much the opposite of WvW is going to give WvW’ers an incentive to do something different than WvW??? Please tell me you aren’t old enough to vote.

D/D Thief who prefers mobility to stealth … so yeah, I die a lot
Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

in WvW

Dynnen.6405

Nah Nikola I’m in your boat. It’d have been nice if they would have copy/pasted DAoC into this game. Lots of small things wrong and a few very large ones. Ohh well, only 8 months till CU internal testing =P

in WvW

Nikola.3841

Because adding something (a dungeon) that is pretty much the opposite of WvW is going to give WvW’ers an incentive to do something different than WvW??? Please tell me you aren’t old enough to vote.

I surely don’t understand what you said here…I’m pretty sure even you don’t know

in WvW

Zhrek.9781

You can tell who never played DAoC, because they think this would be a bad idea. This dungeon had some the BEST pvp in it in daoc, and the entrance in which each realm entered this dungeon was on opposite ends of the dungeon. So its not like you walk just walk in and wipe the other team and its over. There is usually a big rally by the team inside DF trying to hold their position as long as possible. With scouts tailing the attacking team giving updates on their location. Was epic back in DAoC glory days. Too bad no game has been able to re-create this dungeon.

in WvW

Cactus.2710

I surely don’t understand what you said here…I’m pretty sure even you don’t know

LOL. I know exactly what I said, but I’m not surprised that you don’t so here’s the third grade synopsis:

- a dungeon is extreme PvE

- most WvW’ers prefer WvW to PvE and play WvW because they like WvW (read that again if necessary for comprehension)

- adding a dungeon (i.e., PvE) to WvW is not at all likely to persuade WvW’ers to switch midstream to something that is pure PvE instead of them continuing to play WvW the way they have been. What percentage of actual WvW’ers did you see stopping to do the JPs or fight the Wurm? Certainly not the ones who you’re worried about.

Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

in WvW

Nikola.3841

LOL. I know exactly what I said, but I’m not surprised that you don’t so here’s the third grade synopsis:

- most WvW’ers prefer WvW to PvE and play WvW because they like WvW (read that again if necessary for comprehension)

- adding a dungeon (i.e., PvE) to WvW is not at all likely to persuade WvW’ers to switch midstream to something that is pure PvE instead of them continuing to play WvW the way they have been. What percentage of actual WvW’ers did you see stopping to do the JPs or fight the Wurm? Certainly not the ones who you’re worried about.

Its pretty obvious you didn’t read previous posts, or didn’t understand them, or, most probably, both. And its 100% sure you started playing MMOs after WOW

in WvW

Posted by: Slamz.5376

Slamz.5376

That wouldn’t help.

What we need is better map design. The current maps are designed to allow for each team to ALWAYS be able to attack the other two teams. This is why the top 2 teams sometimes gang up on the bottom team: because they can.

Planetside, especially PS1 but still true for PS2, has maps designed such that the two bottom teams often can’t fight each other even if they want too — the winning team is in the way. Each team starts at a separate corner of a map many times larger than Eternal and you have to advance one sector at a time; you can’t just drive across the map through the blue team in order to attack the red team. If the blue team is in the way you have to attack them just to REACH the red team.

So Planetside usually results in a 2v1 against whatever team owns most of the map. It’s just unavoidable.

GW2’s model appears to be designed to AVOID that, which doesn’t make any sense that I can think of.

Camelot Unchained – from the makers of DAOC
A game that’s 100% WvW
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/13861848/camelot-unchained

in WvW

Posted by: declan.3968

declan.3968

They could easily introduce a dungeon like this that drops Ascended gear, forcing PVE-ers to play it to get their leet Armor, which would be hilarious watching the QQ on the forums.

in WvW

Nikola.3841

They could easily introduce a dungeon like this that drops Ascended gear, forcing PVE-ers to play it to get their leet Armor, which would be hilarious watching the QQ on the forums.

See? It has potential to be fun…forcing pve people to pvp…same as we’re forced to pve for gear

in WvW

Cactus.2710

Its pretty obvious you didn’t read previous posts, or didn’t understand them, or, most probably, both. And its 100% sure you started playing MMOs after WOW

Just because I think you made an ignorant suggestion doesn’t mean that I don’t understand or that I’m new to MMO’s … neither of which is the case.

Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

in WvW

Nikola.3841

Just because I think you made an ignorant suggestion doesn’t mean that I don’t understand or that I’m new to MMO’s … neither of which is the case.

Dungeon is extreme pvp, and you said its extreme pve…do I have to go further?

in WvW

Posted by: Vena.8436

Vena.8436

A dungeon is not “extreme PvP”, dungeons are by design PvE content (AI controlled HP sponges with some theatrical mechanics) with some PHATLOOT reward stuck at the end or on a boss’ corpse. If you happen to toss in some PvP, it doesn’t make the dungeon not PvE it just makes it a mix with another obstacle to loot: players. That sprinkling of PvP, however, doesn’t make the dungeon WvW related, no more-so than the Obsidian Sanctum… which is a jumping puzzle with PvP in it, not “extreme PvP”.

So why would WvW players fight for a dungeon that has nothing to do with their interests in WvW? Now, if they added a third unique map with, say, three spawns and a long battle line through keeps and hubs to some sort of spherical like object that gave WvW buffs while controlled in some altar-like way… we might be talking.

(To that end, though, if they do add another map, I’d highly suggest lowering the pops on the BLs. EBGs limits are fine considering its girth but I don’t think the cap for the BLs is suitable given their much smaller real space.)

Vena/Var – Guardian/Thief
[Eon] – Blackgate

in WvW

Nikola.3841

A dungeon is not “extreme PvP”, dungeons are by design PvE content (AI controlled HP sponges with some theatrical mechanics) with some PHATLOOT reward stuck at the end or on a boss’ corpse. If you happen to toss in some PvP, it doesn’t make the dungeon not PvE it just makes it a mix with another obstacle to loot: players. That sprinkling of PvP, however, doesn’t make the dungeon WvW related, no more-so than the Obsidian Sanctum… which is a jumping puzzle with PvP in it, not “extreme PvP”.

So why would WvW players fight for a dungeon that has nothing to do with their interests in WvW? Now, if they added a third unique map with, say, three spawns and a long battle line through keeps and hubs to some sort of spherical like object that gave WvW buffs while controlled in some altar-like way… we might be talking.

(To that end, though, if they do add another map, I’d highly suggest lowering the pops on the BLs. EBGs limits are fine considering its girth but I don’t think the cap for the BLs is suitable given their much smaller real space.)

Since forum discourages bumping old threads, I’ll post link again and suggest reading…because it seems people that didn’t play it, can’t understand:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/Darkness-Falls-Please-Thank-you/first#post217102

Edit: found even better one:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/Reward-Zone-Darkness-Falls-Solves-everything

(edited by Nikola.3841)