Ranged roaming class

Ranged roaming class

in WvW

Posted by: samuel.8495

samuel.8495

I haven’t played the game for a long time and I was thinking of coming back. I was looking for a tankier ranged class to play that had support options. I like solo and small group roaming so I used to play grenade engi a lot. I’m not sure if that’s still an option, but I also don’t want to get carpal tunnel lol.

Anyways, I was just looking for some advice regarding a durable ranged class that can run around solo or help out a small group. It doesn’t have to do the most damage or be the best support, mainly just something that is self-sufficient on it’s own but can bring something valuable to a group. I have HoT and plan to get PoF, so elite spec suggestions are welcome

Ranged roaming class

in WvW

Posted by: Bigpapasmurf.5623

Bigpapasmurf.5623

I haven’t played the game for a long time and I was thinking of coming back. I was looking for a tankier ranged class to play that had support options. I like solo and small group roaming so I used to play grenade engi a lot. I’m not sure if that’s still an option, but I also don’t want to get carpal tunnel lol.

Anyways, I was just looking for some advice regarding a durable ranged class that can run around solo or help out a small group. It doesn’t have to do the most damage or be the best support, mainly just something that is self-sufficient on it’s own but can bring something valuable to a group. I have HoT and plan to get PoF, so elite spec suggestions are welcome

Well…Druid would be one. Dragon hunter would be another. Those are the top 2 roaming range classes imo

- Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/MC_Celestia
- I am currently a main thief roamer for SF in WvW. LOVE ME!
- {SOAP} Solo/Havoc roamer, lover of good fights

Ranged roaming class

in WvW

Posted by: Rangerdeity.5847

Rangerdeity.5847

Deadeye is coming its short on mobility but its probably the single most powerful 1v1 spec

Ranged roaming class

in WvW

Posted by: Warrost.4895

Warrost.4895

Deadeye is coming its short on mobility but its probably the single most powerful 1v1 spec

BWAHAHAHAHA
no really, deadeye is not even nearly good for 1v1, except bad players.

Ranged roaming class

in WvW

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

I wouldn’t call DE bad, but just extremely inconsistent depending on your enemy’s build and the terrain. But that’s what a sniper is supposed to be. It either stomps or gets stomped. It’s definitely often not really fun for everyone involved fighting as/against one.

It’s more the fun-factor that makes it less appropriate for GW2 imho. Just doesn’t feel like it really belongs conceptually.

Ranged roaming class

in WvW

Posted by: Cerby.1069

Cerby.1069

Trying to remember the last time I saw a solo roaming dh…its like seeing a cooked turkey running around with the fork and knife alrdy on its head.

Sooooooo…..go Hammer rev? o.O

I mean, don’t do gunflame…that’s a dumb idea. Everyone else was sane enough not to even mention it. It’s just such a bad idea, sry for mentioning it.

I kill you in one gunflame, or I kill you in two.
The Tiny Yuno Sniper of Ebay [EBAY]

(edited by Cerby.1069)

Ranged roaming class

in WvW

Posted by: samuel.8495

samuel.8495

Thanks for all the replies!

Regarding the feedback, is a Deadeye durable at all? I wasn’t able to play during the elite spec beta weekend.

So far Druid, Dragonhunter, and Hammer Rev all sound intriguing…I’m just not too familiar with Hammer Rev compared to the other 2.

Do engi/mesmer/ele/necro really fit on the list as a durable ranged right now, or are they more focused on melee builds?

Ranged roaming class

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Regarding the feedback, is a Deadeye durable at all? I wasn’t able to play during the elite spec beta weekend.

Just pick the cheesiest condi gear imagineable, all stealth and teleports. Voila, you cant be killed. Of course you will also only be able to kill half-asleep fools but hey you wanted durability.

I have little doubt that de will need maurader/berserker gear and aim all traits toward damage to be considered effective. Projectile hate has been a major factor since HoT and you need to hit fast and hard if you cant sustain and facetank.

As such, the dd is much more “durable” by design. More evades, more teleports. A good dd will probably roflstomp a good de in WvW 1 on 1 unless the de simply instakill the dd first.

I only played de a short while but I already met tempests I couldnt even dent between the reflects, mitigation and heals. A dd would have laughed at them while flailing autoattack.

Ranged roaming class

in WvW

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

To be honest, daredevil is the best ranged roaming class.

You might think daredevil is melee. But being able to port in and out from 1200 range makes DD actually the best ranged option. No other class can start a burst from that kind of a range and still have enough tools to easily disengage.

Ranged roaming class

in WvW

Posted by: Arcaedus.7290

Arcaedus.7290

Trying to remember the last time I saw a solo roaming dh…its like seeing a cooked turkey running around with the fork and knife alrdy on its head.

Sooooooo…..go Hammer rev? o.O

I mean, don’t do gunflame…that’s a dumb idea. Everyone else was sane enough not to even mention it. It’s just such a bad idea, sry for mentioning it.

Part of the reason is because of poor balance. Remember the May 16th balance patch notes? There was one particular nerf that did not affect zerg-play whatsoever and was aimed specifically at power-based DH roamers (which is unfair since no other specific roaming build received such nerfs).

“What’s that, revenants in WvW are still dealing 10k crits with a non-projectile, 1200-range, large aoe attack on a 4s cd? BETTER NERF TRUESHOT AGAIN.”

Ranged roaming class

in WvW

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

Lol don’t roam on a hammer rev…

You get plastered by condi facetank reapers with marks and shouts then die. And there are more of them in WvW atm than condi chronos.

Ranged roaming class

in WvW

Posted by: Vicious.3042

Vicious.3042

Nomad Rifle/Bow Warrior, OP.

Ranged roaming class

in WvW

Posted by: SeranusGaming.7362

SeranusGaming.7362

@ OP,

I roam around with a hybrid Druid focusing on survival and regeneration through adding points into + healing. Combined with traveler’s runes, stealth, and over 2.8K armor, she’s a pretty tough cookie to take down. I also still run LB/GS for my weapons and then use pets that either give me more CC or make stealth easier. My usual play is if I can’t kill the target or his/her buddies show up, I can always stealth and get away.

For groups, you can always pull points from armor and shove them into the healing side in order to keep your group up and alive.

This build concept works very well in PvP as well where I end up taking the mendor’s trinket for that massive + healing.

I’ve been running this build for a while now and really love it when someone sends me a message saying how OP I am or how Rangers are just cancer. LOL! Really, a Ranger being OP?

Kara “Tiptoes” Sheridan (Ranger)
Tarnished Coast Roleplayers [TCRP]
“Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.”

Ranged roaming class

in WvW

Posted by: ZhouX.8742

ZhouX.8742

The steal ability will kill deadeye more than anything. No plasma against condi mesmers in wvw? Good luck with that one.

Maybe for +1’s , but it won’t be as good for 1v1’s , too many limitations and gear won’t help you cover the loss of defensives and the forced playstyle it entails.

Tanbin