Ranger/Druid Not part of Current Meta

in WvW

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

Wants to be meta yet, I’m still waiting for Ranger to get a hard nerfing. The whole bunker Druid has needed to be adjusted for over 6 months. Solar beam needs some form of counter play. And, obviously Bristleback and Smoke scale need nerfing.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in WvW

Posted by: trueanimus.4085

trueanimus.4085

Oh and BTW… any class that has a heal does the same amount of healing. If you are an elem for example… you drop a water from more than 600 range and you add NO healing to the people that blast it. It is a baseline heal. Yes.. people who are CLOSE to you (within 600 range) get a small added bonus to the heal you apply, but only while you are in range and it is very very small. How many staff elem do you see that run into the frontline of a charge, drop a water so you get the bonus and then live? None? Thats what i thought.

So.. my waters are just as powerful (if not more powerful for the extra heal on hit and the blind of target) and i can apply that from 1200 range via staff through target heals my staff 1 and 5 wall and i can run in and drop a wellsrping that doesn’t trigger immediately unless someone is taking damage, and groups can set up attacks knowing where the heal will be by leading them to the big green circle!

You understand that frontline ele is a thing, right? My full heal set does so much healing it practically doesn’t even need to be blasted.

Also, what “bonus” within 600 range are you talking about specifically? I honest;y don’t think you’ve ever played ele enough to understand it.

I was talking about water bomb elem backline staff (which is all i see on TC) Even if you are fully traited in water and for soothing mist bonus (which is the 600 range) your waters when you cast over 600 range away, get nothing from your bonus traits other than larger fields. So all your gear/traits are wasted if your backline elem now.

Frontline is a lil different… they should be running fire and earth and tempest. Again.. if your out of 600 range the targets you heal get no bonus healing the same as everyone elses bonuses.. and it only effects 5 targets .. not sure if party or those close to you get the bonus but it has a limit.

in WvW

trueanimus.4085

Wants to be meta yet, I’m still waiting for Ranger to get a hard nerfing. The whole bunker Druid has needed to be adjusted for over 6 months. Solar beam needs some form of counter play. And, obviously Bristleback and Smoke scale need nerfing.

They did nerf bunker. They nerfed the heck out of healing which is why all druids should be running glass dps backline. The only people that really run frontline/bunker druid are the few people who do spvp and the ones that roam in wvw for camps. Bunker druid + any class (mesmer especially) is a deadly combo for taking and holding camps.

With all the posts and hate here.. im expecting a buff to druid next patch.. or whenever the balance changes come in. So.. feed all your hate here and lets get those druid buffs rollin!.

in WvW

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

They did nerf bunker. They nerfed the heck out of healing which is why all druids should be running glass dps backline. The only people that really run frontline/bunker druid are the few people who do spvp and the ones that roam in wvw for camps. Bunker druid + any class (mesmer especially) is a deadly combo for taking and holding camps.

With all the posts and hate here.. im expecting a buff to druid next patch.. or whenever the balance changes come in. So.. feed all your hate here and lets get those druid buffs rollin!.

If druid gets indeed a buff, I will reroll to druid to kill all druids (there’s no counter class, so the only way to kill a druid is to be one).

in WvW

Posted by: Aurika.6751

Aurika.6751

Oh and BTW… any class that has a heal does the same amount of healing. If you are an elem for example… you drop a water from more than 600 range and you add NO healing to the people that blast it. It is a baseline heal. Yes.. people who are CLOSE to you (within 600 range) get a small added bonus to the heal you apply, but only while you are in range and it is very very small. How many staff elem do you see that run into the frontline of a charge, drop a water so you get the bonus and then live? None? Thats what i thought.

So.. my waters are just as powerful (if not more powerful for the extra heal on hit and the blind of target) and i can apply that from 1200 range via staff through target heals my staff 1 and 5 wall and i can run in and drop a wellsrping that doesn’t trigger immediately unless someone is taking damage, and groups can set up attacks knowing where the heal will be by leading them to the big green circle!

You understand that frontline ele is a thing, right? My full heal set does so much healing it practically doesn’t even need to be blasted.

Also, what “bonus” within 600 range are you talking about specifically? I honest;y don’t think you’ve ever played ele enough to understand it.

I was talking about water bomb elem backline staff (which is all i see on TC) Even if you are fully traited in water and for soothing mist bonus (which is the 600 range) your waters when you cast over 600 range away, get nothing from your bonus traits other than larger fields. So all your gear/traits are wasted if your backline elem now.

Frontline is a lil different… they should be running fire and earth and tempest. Again.. if your out of 600 range the targets you heal get no bonus healing the same as everyone elses bonuses.. and it only effects 5 targets .. not sure if party or those close to you get the bonus but it has a limit.

There are plenty of frontline eles on TC. My guild alone has five as “mains” and I know OnS has a few. I know GS has run them in the past, but I hav enot been aorund GS in 2-3 weeks, so that may have changed. I sadly am less familiar with the comps of other guilds on the server

Sladi [TW]

in WvW

trueanimus.4085

People should play what they like . I hate melee classes , so i don’t play it . You don’t want me in your zerg… i go to roam … or i follow in any case. It is not important what a commander says or thinks . People should understand that with a such elitist approch their server will lose lot of players … I don’t win money on this game and it is not a job. If i play, i want to play what let have me fun . If you don’t like …. sorry …

Part 1

Exactly.. I too love my druid and play what and how i want. I follow commanders to help though, dropping waters, healing people and killing anything in sight.

The reason i made this post however was to bring to light the hate that some commanders have for the class and how we are being treated in wvw. Personally i dont care how they joke about me in game (because you know it will eventually lead to a buff for druids/rangers) but the way they were talking about friends of mine in teamspeak just makes people not even want to play. I have seen several people on TC just simply quit the game because of the way they were treated, and i was the only one trying to stand up for them in many cases, which is very sad.

And when their guild mates dont stand up for them on the grounds of what kind of person they are, not what they choose to play, that is just unforgivable in my eyes.

I chose to defend my friends and teammates and got the brunt of the assault focused on me… why? Who knows and who cares. I think it was mainly because i stood up for my friend in a guild meeting more than once when this commander would start his hate rants. I dont really care what was said…. but the fundamental fact of the matter is… i stood up for my friends because i care about them, not what they play or how they choose to play.

When someone talks about you like your a piece of trash, in teamspeak and on a live Twitch stream by the way, just because of the pixels you play in a game, it just goes to show how little that persons mind is. That person did eventually get some backlash from it. Now to be honest, TC doesnt even have public server meetings before reset because so many people were complaining about that commander to the server leaders…. but.. again nothing was done. We were simply told (as their guildmates have trolled here) to not follow that tag and he can command any why he feels like, which i have to admit is correct… BUT.. it is treatment like this that is killing the server..

He eventually left the game (for WoW at the moment i hear) so.. for the kast few weeks.. we havent had to worry about him and things have calmed down some.

And i agree fully with you also about people leaving TC.. we have lost TONS of people because they cant stand to even log in and listen to the elitest mindset that came in and tried to take over the TC server.

WvW used to be fun, compedative, exciting and an escape from the base game and real life issues for a lot of people. Now it is more like a game of find the tag that isnt going to bless you out because you play the game slightly differently than they do.

Commanders should be glad that ANYONE shows up, given the current state of WvW and the issues like this that plague TC server (very low ques and low turn out).

in WvW

trueanimus.4085

Part 2

I heard one of our commanders last night asking in guild and team chat if he could please get more people in game tommrow as he hasnt been able to get more than 20 people on him all week so far.. and hes one of the most relaxed, well minded commanders i have ever ran with. He never yells never even curses in team chat.. and is always praising people. The server turn out is just so low right now because of issues in the past, that no one is even bothering to log into WvW.

If the hate is allowed to continue, TC will loose more people (we have already lost a ton of guilds and players because of this guild) and the server will eventually drop… which im wondering might be their actual goal (as i have heard rumors of them doing this on other servers) Several of the people in that guild, whom i wont name are the people that have been trolling me in this thread as some kind of running joke.. meanwhile their focus is to kill TC and make it drop before they move on and do the same to other servers like they have done in the past.

When they were invited to join TC, people knew of their history and most voted to not allow them to come or not to support them, but the server leaders allowed it.. and at the time we were needing more players. But, after they joined, so many guilds left because they did transfer over, we who were left had no choice but to run with their tag and support them… which only made things worse because of the way they treat people in zergs.

On most maps, in tier 1 especially, you cannot roam solo or even in groups of 4 -5 because a large force of 15+ comes and wipes you every time. It is just the nature of tier 1.

Now.. many of you know the guild im talking about.. and not all of their players are total kitten bags. There is one commander that i run with almost every day from that guild and he is really nice, commands very well, and even apologizes for his guild mates temperaments often to me when he sees the way they are acting, which really isnt needed because everyone already knows its going to happen. They need more people like him. At least he is considerate and knows that everyone has a place in the zerg, especially when we are outmanned sometimes three to one.

So.. i ask all of you who read this thread to do one thing.. Stop the hate.. stop the shaming.. Come together for TC and work with each other.

Talk about how bad druids are all you want.. I dont care.. all it will do is get us buffed eventually.. but leave the hate posts and shaming off this thread please.

Thank you

Truely Purrfect

in WvW

trueanimus.4085

There are plenty of frontline eles on TC. My guild alone has five as “mains” and I know OnS has a few. I know GS has run them in the past, but I hav enot been aorund GS in 2-3 weeks, so that may have changed. I sadly am less familiar with the comps of other guilds on the server

It wasnt a question of how many anyone had.. i know that there are plenty.. just that some guilds (who shall remain nameless) think that they shouldnt be a part of the meta nor druids.

Druids have a place in healing the zerg also, usually after the elems have blown thier waters and there is a need for emergency heals.

Havent played my frontline elem in a long time, so i cant be specific as i should be.. but i do know that traiting for full waters is impossible for front line (usually) and does nothing more than a standard water field if you are out of 600 range…

There are NO bonuses to blasting a water field dropped by a elem that is 600 range away but there are bonuses for a druid water field.. all the way to 1500 away from the druid.

1. It stays and can be dropped like trap. So you can see the green circle and stack on it, activate it (if anyone has taken damage) and blast while your druids cooldown is already ticking for your next well spring to be dropped. The circle will stay there (if not triggered, like any trap) so it can be used as a defensive or offensive heal/regroup spot.

2. It clears conditions every tick… every 2 seconds (when triggered) and gives the same healing as any elem water field when blasted.. as well as adding a heal on hit and blind target next hit buff to anyone within 1500 range of the druid that gets a heal from it.

3. Our staff 5 flower wall blocks all projectiles converting them to heals which give the same effect (heal on hit and blind) and it also can be blasted like a water field.

4. Our staff 1 solar beam does a heal (very small usually around 30-300 with dps gear) but is 1200 range and gives anyone the same buffs listed above, if we heal through you. Great for pushes and support in chokes combined with staff 5 wall.

5. Staff 3 grace can heal on finish when we pop in to drop waters or blast.. It is a blast.. many prob didnt realize that… and heals for around 3000 to all targets around us when we come to a stop… also giving the same heal on hit and blind next hit buffs.

Elems definetly have their place.. but druids to also.. was my point i guess.

(edited by trueanimus.4085)

in WvW

trueanimus.4085

If druid gets indeed a buff, I will reroll to druid to kill all druids (there’s no counter class, so the only way to kill a druid is to be one).

Bring it… i cant wait to see the influx of druids if we do get a buff … will be glorious.

No longer will we have to watch the meat shields run in circles for 30 mins and never get any downs lol.. that still amuses me as i snipe people from backline away from the group =P

in WvW

trueanimus.4085

This is a never ending debate xD

As it stands, druid will never be “meta” for WvW blobs which is probably for the best as I don’t do “meta” personally.

I will continue to just sit behind the enemy zerg and pick off just about anyone who died and tries to return, reducing the overall size of the zerg 1-3 ppl at a time (in some cases yes 3). Im ok with not being “meta”, just means ppl won’t expect me when going zvz. The most dangerous thing one can do is underestimating their opponents(s).

;)

Much love brotha.. much love

in WvW

trueanimus.4085

Play the build for its strengths. What a “dps druid” is, is a skilled self reliant unit. When played properly it doesn’t need anyone to buff them. Anyone to stealth them. Anyone to heal them. It is capable of each of these things. We are more self buff capable than any other class currently.

We can excel in small scale content. Whether that is knocking a necro away from his zerg and quickly nuking him down forcing his allies to save him before we stealth and leave or finish him with a stomp. Or scouting ahead of our zerg (ya know…ranging around. Like the class name ACTUALLY implies none of this sniper bullkitten). Or even moving slightly BEHIND our zerg to protect those that are falling behind.

These are useful tools. And the zerg can be better for them. That doesn’t mean the squad leader should bend himself over to accommodate us however. Hell BECAUSE of how were set up we can handle not being in the squad at all far better than most classes can. And can successfully 1v1 anything that tries to hit us as were shadowing the zerg itself.

Stop thinking like some god tier sniper. Our class is designed to be standalone. But we also have the ability to save friendlies (celestial shadow, guard, protect me and other skills that help get a friendly out of danger) We do enough damage to pressure enemy gank off an ally and even kill them if they don’t retreat. Buying time for that ally to get to the zerg for saftey.

Exactly… and for some commanders (especially ones that claim to be the elite end all of wvw) to kick and shame not only druids but elems and necros as well for an all frontline zerg is beyond me.

Long live the snipers! … for we are the ones that will save you in the end.

in WvW

Posted by: Hexinx.1872

Hexinx.1872

There are NO bonuses to blasting a water field dropped by a elem that is 600 range away but there are bonuses for a druid water field.. all the way to 1500 away from the druid.

Can you explain this line a bit further to me Truely, I don’t want to speak incorrectly to this but I’m reading the term ‘bonus to blasting’ on ele and druid (as incorrect) at the moment and will explain why after. Granted I don’t know the druid trait line admittedly so, maybe there is something that says … blasting water fields provides bonuses to allies.

But I’d like to speak about blasting fields and how they actually work after

in WvW

Jana.6831

Blasting fields: All people who aren’t full health get a health bonus that is calculated on the heal of the one blasting it. I heal for ~1400 each blast (nothing in heal).
It doesn’t matter what class provides the waterfield and if people know there’s a waterfield they usually blast it (if they know about combos) – doesn’t matter whether it’s frontline or backline.
Unfortunately combos aren’t common anymore as all the good stuff is applied passively.

in WvW

Posted by: Hexinx.1872

Hexinx.1872

That’s where I was going with that. The bonus to the healing from the initiator only applies to the skills the initiator uses, and the base source healing provided.

Anytime someone blasts a water field, any bonuses (above the source 1,320) are based on the blaster’s healing power. With 0 I would believe 1,320 to be the max, close enough though.

I wasn’t sure whether there is some druid trait which provided some bonus to people blasting there field. The bonus applied from the druid grand master lingering light gives the ally an additional heal when they hit a foe, so theoretically speaking… if the foe is in the water field, you get a bonus there I suppose with a 596 + druid HealPower * the coefficent.

But that’s not exactly related to blasting the field.

in WvW

Jana.6831

“Increase outgoing healing of nearby allies.” from https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Druid#Healing

So yes, it might be that the healing power of nearby allies is boosted.

But: I can blast 6 times in a row – I don’t really need healing power – rather a field that’s up long enough and visible (I often don’t see them).

ETA: But yeah that would boost the blasts as well as it’s my healing power that plays a part in it.

(edited by Jana.6831)

in WvW

trueanimus.4085

That’s where I was going with that. The bonus to the healing from the initiator only applies to the skills the initiator uses, and the base source healing provided.

Anytime someone blasts a water field, any bonuses (above the source 1,320) are based on the blaster’s healing power. With 0 I would believe 1,320 to be the max, close enough though.

I wasn’t sure whether there is some druid trait which provided some bonus to people blasting there field. The bonus applied from the druid grand master lingering light gives the ally an additional heal when they hit a foe, so theoretically speaking… if the foe is in the water field, you get a bonus there I suppose with a 596 + druid HealPower * the coefficent.

But that’s not exactly related to blasting the field.

It is if the druid drops the field, lets say on a regroup and everyone blasts.. or in the middle of a fight where they are still 1500 in range and people blast.. everyone healed gets the extra heal on hit and the blind on hit for their next attack.. if thats what you were asking

in WvW

trueanimus.4085

“Increase outgoing healing of nearby allies.” from https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Druid#Healing

But: I can blast 6 times in a row – I don’t really need healing power – rather a field that’s up long enough and visible (I often don’t see them).

ETA: But yeah that would boost the blasts as well as it’s my healing power that plays a part in it.

thats the good thing about druids.. when they drop it.. healing spring is a big green circle with flowers in the middle and around the edge.. its pretty kitten hard to miss lol

what i was saying though was that any water field you blast, always gives the same healing to people around it. Having a full healing set would boost my outgoing heals like solar beam and my flower wall.. but i dont think it does anything for my well spring etc in regards to blasts and extra healing, although it does provide the extra heal on top of what you get for the blast, and the blind on hit.. (lingering light) that is really nice on a push.

Most zergs drop everything that have (melee especially with hammer leaps etc) on the push.. If you can blind a LOT of them with the lingering light long enough to get those first few big bombs out of the way, the zerg stands a better chance of living past the initial push.

in WvW

trueanimus.4085

Blasting fields: All people who aren’t full health get a health bonus that is calculated on the heal of the one blasting it. I heal for ~1400 each blast (nothing in heal).
It doesn’t matter what class provides the waterfield and if people know there’s a waterfield they usually blast it (if they know about combos) – doesn’t matter whether it’s frontline or backline.
Unfortunately combos aren’t common anymore as all the good stuff is applied passively.

Boons yes.. heal bonuses no.. but i do know that lingering light works as long as you are close to the druid when blasting, or i staff through you for a heal.

in WvW

Aurika.6751

thats the good thing about druids.. when they drop it.. healing spring is a big green circle with flowers in the middle and around the edge.. its pretty kitten hard to miss lol

what i was saying though was that any water field you blast, always gives the same healing to people around it. Having a full healing set would boost my outgoing heals like solar beam and my flower wall.. but i dont think it does anything for my well spring etc in regards to blasts and extra healing, although it does provide the extra heal on top of what you get for the blast, and the blind on hit.. (lingering light) that is really nice on a push.

Most zergs drop everything that have (melee especially with hammer leaps etc) on the push.. If you can blind a LOT of them with the lingering light long enough to get those first few big bombs out of the way, the zerg stands a better chance of living past the initial push.

When combing water field the heal is modified by the healing power of the character that does the blast.

Sladi [TW]

in WvW

trueanimus.4085

oh btw Tiff.. Dods etc… im loving the “Terribad Guild” Thing… i feel so famous now with an entire guild dedicated to trying to kill me [True]

I LOVE IT!!!!…

So funny when i kill em too =P … and Transfer Wolves too =) I loved triple downing Tiff the other night just for the heck of it at 1500 range.. made me giggle lol

Made my day! Soo funny you guys.

in WvW

Aurika.6751

oh btw Tiff.. Dods etc… im loving the “Terribad Guild” Thing… i feel so famous now with an entire guild dedicated to trying to kill me [True]

I LOVE IT!!!!…

So funny when i kill em too =P … and Transfer Wolves too =) I loved triple downing Tiff the other night just for the heck of it at 1500 range.. made me giggle lol

Tiff and Dods are still both on TC, and Tiff has not logged in for about 2 weeks.

Sladi [TW]

in WvW

Posted by: Nimbl.8957

Nimbl.8957

I LOVE IT!!!!…

Tiff and Dods are still both on TC, and Tiff has not logged in for about 2 weeks.

RIP.

I see True is still an idiot. Too bad he has me blocked, I miss whispering him asking why he died.

Isn’t he flying the RFG tag now? whats that stand for again? kittened kittening Guild?

“cripple downs, it removes stab”
“flowers left”

Listening/reading anything from True like listening to a Sarah Palin speech.

(edited by Nimbl.8957)

in WvW

trueanimus.4085

LOL wow.. keep it coming guys.. feed me your hate… your tears.. bring it!

in WvW

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

Watching people argue for druid is cute. Keep it up, I need reading material for the bog

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

in WvW

trueanimus.4085

Just wanted to say last night was fun guys…

In TC we fought against TW. It was RFG/Kazo with maybe 30 total and TW with at least 60+including pugs … The funny thing is.. the [true]guild with TW would send in their frontline just to kill me. (or a group of 6 thieves which they refused to even allow in the zerg while they were on TC).

I would simply run to the side away from the zerg and sacrifice myself.. while our zerg wiped them out from behind. We wiped their entire map blob at least 6 times.. maybe more… Finally TW got buthurt and left the map.. everyone was cheering for me and sending me tells. It was glorious!!

So yes.. you can kill me 60 v 1 all you want.. I dont mind being a pinata if our zerg can roll and wipe you.. So.. please keep doing what your doing and we will win again next week!

Oh and btw.. i did kill dods and tiff a bunch right after TW xfered.. their alts anyway. They do have alts on JQ.. even if their main is still on TC. Tiff hasn’t logged on in a while though, since that night i killed her by triple downing her. She would drop.. get ressed… drop.. get ressed… drop… awwww dead.. which still makes me giggle.

Anywho.. Enjoy killing me [True] Guild (aka Transfer Wolves lamers) the more your focus on me.. the less you focus on the zerg.. and once again.. i am doing my job correctly. =)

Peace out!

./does the ranger danger dance

in WvW

trueanimus.4085

I LOVE IT!!!!…

RIP.

I see True is still an idiot. Too bad he has me blocked, I miss whispering him asking why he died.

Isn’t he flying the RFG tag now? whats that stand for again? kittened kittening Guild?

“cripple downs, it removes stab”
“flowers left”

Listening/reading anything from True like listening to a Sarah Palin speech.

Ohh and btw.. i never say cripple downs.. i say cripple ON downs (which is a signal for marks etc on downs) so they cant get rez. And yes.. Cripple does strip stab … it is a form of cc.. slows you down at least so melee can catch up when you guys run away =P

bwahaha

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

And yes.. Cripple does strip stab

No. Only hard CC such as Stun/Daze/Launch/Knockdown remove stability. Light CC such as Cripple/Chilled/Weakness/Immobilize don’t remove stability. It do remove Defiance Bar from NPCs tho…

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

And yes.. Cripple does strip stab

No. Only hard CC such as Stun/Daze/Launch/Knockdown remove stability. Light CC such as Cripple/Chilled/Weakness/Immobilize don’t remove stability. It do remove Defiance Bar from NPCs tho…

He literally just bumped his own thread to brag about dying in zerg fights…..

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

in WvW

Posted by: Nuzt.7894

Nuzt.7894

I don’t even ….

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Cripple is great on downs! You don’t want them running away! I also use cripple and fear on flame rams. Can’t have them get away either.

"I"m down! I need stability!"

Anyhow, my friends. I think there’s some confusion with the break bar on NPCs such as lords, which soft cc (Chills, Cripples, etc) do affect, and actually fighting other players. Please check to see if you’re dealing with NPCs or not.

Although to be fair, doesn’t cripple mess with the ele vapor form?

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

in WvW

Aurika.6751

In TC we fought against TW. It was RFG/Kazo with maybe 30 total and TW with at least 60+including pugs … The funny thing is.. the [true]guild with TW would send in their frontline just to kill me. (or a group of 6 thieves which they refused to even allow in the zerg while they were on TC).

I would simply run to the side away from the zerg and sacrifice myself.. while our zerg wiped them out from behind. We wiped their entire map blob at least 6 times.. maybe more… Finally TW got buthurt and left the map.. everyone was cheering for me and sending me tells. It was glorious!!

So yes.. you can kill me 60 v 1 all you want.. I dont mind being a pinata if our zerg can roll and wipe you.. So.. please keep doing what your doing and we will win again next week!

Oh and btw.. i did kill dods and tiff a bunch right after TW xfered.. their alts anyway. They do have alts on JQ.. even if their main is still on TC. Tiff hasn’t logged on in a while though, since that night i killed her by triple downing her. She would drop.. get ressed… drop.. get ressed… drop… awwww dead.. which still makes me giggle.

Anywho.. Enjoy killing me [True] Guild (aka Transfer Wolves lamers) the more your focus on me.. the less you focus on the zerg.. and once again.. i am doing my job correctly. =)

Peace out!

Wall of text incoming. As the only nice person in TW, I figured I should respond. Indo may also claim to be nice (but he lies).

Last night TW had 23 in raid when we were on TCBL and at most 10 green names that were not in our raid or voice comms. ODIN and RFG were there most of the time, with some appearances by LXG and a bunch of TC pugs. I recently played on TC and am sure most of those pugs were not on voice comms with the groups you guys had there.

We had one thief in our group, and he is the same thief that is always in TW raids. The [True] tag on the map last night was not TW or TW alts. I’m not saying we would not make such a guild (ask poor Dods about [Dods]); however, last night it was not TW.

As for wiping our “map blob” six time…just no. We did not have a map blob, and we did not wipe six times the entire night, let alone on TCBL. We left the map (after winning a large fight against TC) to defend JQBL from SBI.

Dods and Tiff do not have alts on JQ. why would they transfer their alts and leave their main characters behind? Tiff has an alt on an EU server (since she is from EU), and Dods has an alt on I believe BG, which he has not played since TW transferred to YB ages ago.

Here is a video from one of our guys that shows pretty much everything I said concerning last night’s fights on TCBL. True, I am pretty sure you did single down the guy recording at about 7:30 into the video.

October 27 TW raid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JH4LlzlnWw

Sladi [TW]

(edited by Aurika.6751)

in WvW

Posted by: szshou.2193

szshou.2193

First of all, soothing mist is 300 range and if you’re implying that it has any effect on your weapon skills or any effect other than just granting really basic and crappy regen it doesn’t, at all. Absolutely no competent ele is traiting in water for “that juicy soothing mist”, you suggesting so implies that you have absolutely no understanding of ele. Second, what do you mean larger fields? If you mean blasting staff, that trait was made baseline wayyyyyyyyyy back. And even then your large waters give regen regardless of what range you are from it. Also, if you’re running fl ele why in the everloving hell would you not run water over fire? that’s a free 15% healing effectiveness increase plus your main source of burst healing is from your auras so powerful aura is an absolute must. I think you need to learn a thing or two about the fl and bl ele meta (or just ele in general) before you start giving all this misinformation.

[eN] midline rallybot

(edited by szshou.2193)

in WvW

trueanimus.4085

Peace out!

Wall of text incoming. As the only nice person in TW, I figured I should respond. Indo may also claim to be nice (but he lies).

Last night TW had 23 in raid when we were on TCBL and at most 10 green names that were not in our raid or voice comms. ODIN and RFG were there most of the time, with some appearances by LXG and a bunch of TC pugs. I recently played on TC and am sure most of those pugs were not on voice comms with the groups you guys had there.

We had one thief in our group, and he is the same thief that is always in TW raids. The [True] tag on the map last night was not TW or TW alts. I’m not saying we would not make such a guild (ask poor Dods about [Dods]); however, last night it was not TW.

As for wiping our “map blob” six time…just no. We did not have a map blob, and we did not wipe six times the entire night, let alone on TCBL. We left the map (after winning a large fight against TC) to defend JQBL from SBI.

Dods and Tiff do not have alts on JQ. why would they transfer their alts and leave their main characters behind? Tiff has an alt on an EU server (since she is from EU), and Dods has an alt on I believe BG, which he has not played since TW transferred to YB ages ago.

Here is a video from one of our guys that shows pretty much everything I said concerning last night’s fights on TCBL. True, I am pretty sure you did single down the guy recording at about 7:30 into the video.

October 27 TW raid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JH4LlzlnWw

If you notice.. that big blob is SBI .. not TC.. we had .. maybe 20 or less on tag (including pugs)

Too bad you didnt post the part where we DID wipe you until you left the map.. that was so funny.. it was basically the same area.. but we did it after SBI left because we couldnt handle two map blobs.. We handeled TW and True guilds though.. we wiped the floor with you…we laughed for almost an hour on TS.. one chick almost choked to death laughing so hard at people calling your guild Transfer Wolves and how your entire group would lunge for me and then they would wipe you.. Loved every min of it btw =)

yes.. dods and tiff DO have alts on JQ (alt accounts they made there sometime back before the xfer) this is a well known fact throughout TC. Actually if you want to get down to it.. we knew you were leaving as soon as he made the alts about 5 weeks prior to you leaving last week.

Oh and yeah.. the [true] guild that was running along side TW is TW members.. specifically a dude named “I TY” and his friends.. as he posted above that yes.. he was the one that use to message me and tell me i died.. Hes a lil Asura thief with pink hair.. i believe… been a while and he has me on block.. (btw.. fun as heck killing you when you jump in to me and take a rapid fire to the face and fall over.. bwahahah) after i blocked and unblocked him. Was going to message him and laugh the other night but .. as i said.. he had be blocked..

So anywho.. Boo freaking woo.. no one cares about you TW… i hear that even people on JQ are transferring off of the server because you are there.. JUST LIKE THEY DID ON TC… thing is.. now that your gone.. people are actually coming BACK to TC LOL..

round and round we go..

Catch me if you can…!!! (while our zerg wipes you from behind ) bwahahaha

in WvW

trueanimus.4085

Cripple is great on downs! You don’t want them running away! I also use cripple and fear on flame rams. Can’t have them get away either.

"I"m down! I need stability!"

Anyhow, my friends. I think there’s some confusion with the break bar on NPCs such as lords, which soft cc (Chills, Cripples, etc) do affect, and actually fighting other players. Please check to see if you’re dealing with NPCs or not.

Although to be fair, doesn’t cripple mess with the ele vapor form?

Seems funny to me that when i call cripple down.. and our zerg jumps on you because you stagger away.. you die.. maybe its working.. seemed to work well last week when we got first place.. humm

in WvW

trueanimus.4085

I don’t even ….

So just dont then.. Uninstall bro.. you need to

in WvW

Posted by: Daxaj.9276

Daxaj.9276

I am a Druid in Jade’s Quarry and have never had anyone say anything. It’s just a game people, calm down. Head on over to my server and send me a friend invi. Daxaj.

in WvW

Posted by: Mokk.2397

Mokk.2397

I would really like to know what people mean by team play.Is it when the guardians/dragon hunters are so bunker-ed up with little to no damage tagging as many foes as they can while the back line does the real killing?Is that team play?Calling rangers out and calling us useless when we can plainly see the opponents going down one after another at the points of our arrows or under a barrage.That’s team play?
This is what I have to say about the so called “META” .It’s designed around selfish front liners that just want to tap while the rest of us do the real work.
ALL classes have a place in the battle field.Whether we’re running long bow or trapping we rangers are the ones at the far back watching over the back line ,bursting and disrupting the opponents front line and mid line.We flank to disrupt the opponents mid line and back line. So all you knuckle heads out there that think rangers don’t have a place in WvW need a reality check.It is ranger haters that need to stop being selfish and allow people to play the game .

in WvW

Aurika.6751

If you notice.. that big blob is SBI .. not TC.. we had .. maybe 20 or less on tag (including pugs)

Too bad you didnt post the part where we DID wipe you until you left the map.. that was so funny.. it was basically the same area.. but we did it after SBI left because we couldnt handle two map blobs.. We handeled TW and True guilds though.. we wiped the floor with you…we laughed for almost an hour on TS.. one chick almost choked to death laughing so hard at people calling your guild Transfer Wolves and how your entire group would lunge for me and then they would wipe you.. Loved every min of it btw =)

yes.. dods and tiff DO have alts on JQ (alt accounts they made there sometime back before the xfer) this is a well known fact throughout TC. Actually if you want to get down to it.. we knew you were leaving as soon as he made the alts about 5 weeks prior to you leaving last week.

Oh and yeah.. the [true] guild that was running along side TW is TW members.. specifically a dude named “I TY” and his friends.. as he posted above that yes.. he was the one that use to message me and tell me i died.. Hes a lil Asura thief with pink hair.. i believe… been a while and he has me on block.. (btw.. fun as heck killing you when you jump in to me and take a rapid fire to the face and fall over.. bwahahah) after i blocked and unblocked him. Was going to message him and laugh the other night but .. as i said.. he had be blocked..

So anywho.. Boo freaking woo.. no one cares about you TW… i hear that even people on JQ are transferring off of the server because you are there.. JUST LIKE THEY DID ON TC… thing is.. now that your gone.. people are actually coming BACK to TC LOL..

round and round we go..

Catch me if you can…!!! (while our zerg wipes you from behind ) bwahahaha

I cannot post what did not happen. We wiped one time at north camp when the TC blob had endless respawns. I really do not recall another wipe, including in the area where that video was recorded. We left the map to save our home map, which is also easy to see in the video by looking at the time on the map and where the fights are taking place.

The video clearly shows TC with well over 20 people as the 1st fight goes on. At one point I counted to 35 before I stopped counting.

Again, Dods does not have an alt on JQ. You are wrong and just look silly making that claim. Tan made an alt on JQ a few weeks before we transfered, so maybe you are confusing them. Dods has an alt on BG (many TW do from when TWL was an alt guild there). Tiff has an alt on an EU server. There also were 2-3 other TW with alts on JQ, but again Dods was not one of them.

I Ty was running in TW. The onlly [True] guild person I saw was xxxblazernosnopexxx (or something like that), and he is not a TW member or in our guild. That [True] is a native JQ guild I think and has nothing to do with you. I Ty can be seen throughout the video I linked with a blue (in squad) name and a TW tag.

Sladi [TW]

in WvW

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

I play druid exclusively and i was wondering if we could get a dev to answer on this.

As it stands now (on Tarnished Coast at least) Rangers/Druids are being insulated, harassesed and even shamed in wvw and even in Teamspeak …. and i’m frankly getting sick of it. Not only druids, but some other classes as well such as necros/reapers and mesmers.

Not going to mention any names.. but here is whats happening. And trust me, I am not the only one thats seeing and hearing this. Personally, I choose to ignore these people, but it is becoming more widespead and i want to know what can be done besides ignoring/not following these people.

I log in… get into wvw and start checking for a tag. There will be a large group running in WvW and i get on TS and join squad.

I am a team player. I always try to be on tag if there is a large group running. I play backline glass very well… skirting the outside, dropping people at will… if the frontline needs heals.. i run in, drop water and use staff 3 to blast it or escape while dropping my staff 5 for protection and go back to sniping from the outer edge.

After a few minutes the commanders either start shaming druids or i hear the squad leaders start telling people running druids to roll another class or leave squad because Ranger/Druid is not part of the current meta. (even though we are winning, and the druids are keeping us up.. and none of them have died, etc)

It seems that not many people play elementalist now (still more than play druid however) and most of these play melee style so they dont really drop waters etc. Druids are the only healers usually.

I know that druids have a TON of helpful skills like area cripple with barrage, piercing arrows, water field and heals in druid form. Our heals also give an extra heal and blind for every target we heal (if traited) and we can also do some serious damage.

However… Most of the commanders seem to think that there is no place for Druids in wvw and they start screaming and harassing players to get on a class that matters like guardians, revenants or warriors.

Are druids part of the “Meta” ( i would defiantly think so) and btw.. exactly who gets to decided what the “Meta” is?

Sometimes i tag up and in my squads i let people play what they want, no matter what class they run as long as they play the class well and are having fun. This is what the game should be but because of the current state of the game, things like this are happening more often.

WvW is meant to be all inclusive i would think and i would like to know if there are any plans to include rangers/druids in the current “Meta”

I feel badly for my mesmer friends also because in groups they are reduced to gravity well/veil bots and very few people play those as well. You may see maybe one or two mesmers per raid, otherwise they too are getting yelled at and told to get on a class that matters.

Are there any plans in the works to buff/fix these problems that would make rangers/druids part of the current meta?

Thank you
True

No matter how often this has been ‘addressed’ in the past, it hasn’t been addressed at all by Anet.

Griefing and shaming one for being on any toon is happening more in WvW than any other game mode.

I can, even after the horrid changes, stand in the glow of a Legendary when all others are falling down not doing any damage, not healing others and definitely not being a team player, but those same players will grief others for playing one of the most useful things ever created; the Druid.

I was forced to go to back to my “Ranger” in WvW after that last balance which leaves Entangle at 48 seconds but zipped Strength of the Pack up to a whopping 75 seconds unless traited. What, a single combo really was a danger to anyone at 48 seconds traited?

In WvW the comments about my Ranger and Druid (condi and power respectively) are nasty to gross, over nothing more than playing that character since Anet can check chat logs and see that every other character I have played has never been abused nor questioned even if I was awful at that character.

Until Anet takes a stand against people who are “prejudiced” in a game mode like WvW, with the concomitant bullying and griefing, until they tell those players that Druids and Rangers are just as much part of the ‘community’ as everyone else, the trolls, the bullies who say this toon or that toon is particularly bad, and there are no end to the others will never stop and it is escalating.

Nothing, and I mean nothing comes close to what Ranger and now Druid are being bombarded with in WvW and in no other game mode.

WvW is different. It’s special. But it’s also being ignored for the many who just want to spread their special kind of bullying against a profession that, more often than not, saves them from themselves.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

(edited by atheria.2837)

in WvW

Posted by: Bigpapasmurf.5623

Bigpapasmurf.5623

Druid may not be part of the blob meta in WvW, however last night in EBG between DB/CD/HoD, the commander def appreciated us druids in a large scale fight. I started to run a non meta build (after tweaking my build for what seemed like ages) and I couldn’t tell ya how many people I downed/denied stomp/stomped while out maneuvering daredevils (one from MAIN guild literally tried 12 times to burst me, including times when they got a surprise attack, but failed and ended up dead)

I’ll just keep doing what I do best and help my server survive/win these fights by picking off the enemy threats and increasing the survivability of my servers

- Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/MC_Celestia
- I am currently a main thief roamer for SF in WvW. LOVE ME!
- {SOAP} Solo/Havoc roamer, lover of good fights

(edited by Bigpapasmurf.5623)

in WvW

Posted by: Reh.5986

Reh.5986

You can’t fight anywhere without 3 or 4 long bows trying to rapid fire you from another continent and a bunch of rev pets doing their silly unrelenting assualt impersonation and then pooping out blind fields on your feet just to troll.

It’s all good though as long as I have a launch off cd. Got to teach those little monsters how to fly.

As for zerg meta, it’s hilariously boring atm anyway. I’ve been running a lvl 60 ele in blue gear in T2 fights and it does just fine. Barrage is nice, piercing is nice too if you want to try and fit marksman in. Just don’t fire right into the melee train and 80% of your reflect problems are solved. Druids are great for being able to hit from the side a bit and still having the ability to disengage when you pizz off the blob. Get 2 or 3 good downs you’ll notice the com will go nuts and push right onto them.

in WvW

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

I’m legitimately embarrassed to be a TC player with this trueanimus guy spouting nonsense like cripple stripping stability >.>

@atheria, the stigma is roughly the same when playing thief, JS, and you’re less likely to be kept as part of a blob when playing one than a ranger/druid. There’s literally zero group support for them to provide. Rangers get hate just because a lot of them that come in from PvE as longbow heroes are just terrible players from relying on pet AI to tank for them that end up killing their allies half the time, and if running longbow, are often either killing their allies or doing very little to support the zerg. A bad thief is a bag and a rally for the enemy; a bad ranger does 10k damage to your frontline players and is also still a bag and a rally all the same.

in WvW

trueanimus.4085

Druid may not be part of the blob meta in WvW, however last night in EBG between DB/CD/HoD, the commander def appreciated us druids in a large scale fight. I started to run a non meta build (after tweaking my build for what seemed like ages) and I couldn’t tell ya how many people I downed/denied stomp/stomped while out maneuvering daredevils (one from MAIN guild literally tried 12 times to burst me, including times when they got a surprise attack, but failed and ended up dead)

I’ll just keep doing what I do best and help my server survive/win these fights by picking off the enemy threats and increasing the survivability of my servers

^ This

in WvW

trueanimus.4085

I’m legitimately embarrassed to be a TC player with this trueanimus guy spouting nonsense like cripple stripping stability >.>

@atheria, the stigma is roughly the same when playing thief, JS, and you’re less likely to be kept as part of a blob when playing one than a ranger/druid. There’s literally zero group support for them to provide. Rangers get hate just because a lot of them that come in from PvE as longbow heroes are just terrible players from relying on pet AI to tank for them that end up killing their allies half the time, and if running longbow, are often either killing their allies or doing very little to support the zerg. A bad thief is a bag and a rally for the enemy; a bad ranger does 10k damage to your frontline players and is also still a bag and a rally all the same.

Agree with part of this.. take time to learn to play druid.. know how to skirt the outside.. fire in and then get out without dying.. Druids/necros/ thiefs with venoms are the backbone of the dps for large zergs and for someone like Dods and TW to be kicking them and necros our of squad and shaming them ( not just once.. but for weeks) is just silly.. thats why TW isnt on TC anymore to be honest.. they got called out for it and people complained for weeks and they finally got the message and left for JQ (no matter what they tell you happened.. thats the truth in a nutshell… people hated them.. Dods is basically the reason we dont have public server meetings anymore also… it turned into a hour long dods discussion forum lol)

A rally bag can be anyone, any class, that doesn’t learn to play a know what their toon can do. Take your time.. run a lot of SPVP.. get good at what you run, then try WvW.

Rangers/Druids get a bad rep because people pop one.. level it to 80 instantly and have no idea how to play or what to do if cornered..

a few things to remember.

You can play any class.. as glass…. and push with the frontline if you save your cooldowns and know when to use escape skills. Being at the front as druid is awesome.. as long as you know when to drop back and snipe.

If you are new to druid.. play defensively.. snipe from walls, corners.. anywhere you dont get run over and pull back to heal. When you get better, run in drop waters, make call outs etc like i do.

Druid knockback is perfect for STRIPPING STAB (lets see someone say that doesnt) and also stuns players for about 2-3 seconds. Great for charges and catching people running way. it knocks them a few feet yes.. but they stop in their tracks and you can just mow them over.

Aim for the squishes… anyone in cloth should be first targets (unless you are told to driver snipe.. which is almost never on TC) and then medium armor classes.. Heavys only when cleaning up after the fight.

TAB is your friend.. aim for mid to backline players on engage.. the more people you shoot through, the better your dps.. 12,000 on one target is impressive.. but 12k on 5 with piercing arrows is just fun as heck.. and what makes the class so fun. Doing 49,000 crits on lords is nice too =)

The point is.. Druids and other dps classes should never be ignored… unless you are running a stream and just want to show people how good your frontline is at running around in circles for 20-30 mins until they finally die… like you know who

in WvW

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

Agree with part of this.. take time to learn to play druid.. know how to skirt the outside.. fire in and then get out without dying.. Druids/necros/ thiefs with venoms are the backbone of the dps for large zergs and for someone like Dods and TW to be kicking them and necros our of squad and shaming them ( not just once.. but for weeks) is just silly.. thats why TW isnt on TC anymore to be honest.. they got called out for it and people complained for weeks and they finally got the message and left for JQ (no matter what they tell you happened.. thats the truth in a nutshell… people hated them.. Dods is basically the reason we dont have public server meetings anymore also… it turned into a hour long dods discussion forum lol)

A rally bag can be anyone, any class, that doesn’t learn to play a know what their toon can do. Take your time.. run a lot of SPVP.. get good at what you run, then try WvW.

Rangers/Druids get a bad rep because people pop one.. level it to 80 instantly and have no idea how to play or what to do if cornered..

a few things to remember.

You can play any class.. as glass…. and push with the frontline if you save your cooldowns and know when to use escape skills. Being at the front as druid is awesome.. as long as you know when to drop back and snipe.

If you are new to druid.. play defensively.. snipe from walls, corners.. anywhere you dont get run over and pull back to heal. When you get better, run in drop waters, make call outs etc like i do.

Druid knockback is perfect for STRIPPING STAB (lets see someone say that doesnt) and also stuns players for about 2-3 seconds. Great for charges and catching people running way. it knocks them a few feet yes.. but they stop in their tracks and you can just mow them over.

Aim for the squishes… anyone in cloth should be first targets (unless you are told to driver snipe.. which is almost never on TC) and then medium armor classes.. Heavys only when cleaning up after the fight.

TAB is your friend.. aim for mid to backline players on engage.. the more people you shoot through, the better your dps.. 12,000 on one target is impressive.. but 12k on 5 with piercing arrows is just fun as heck.. and what makes the class so fun. Doing 49,000 crits on lords is nice too =)

The point is.. Druids and other dps classes should never be ignored… unless you are running a stream and just want to show people how good your frontline is at running around in circles for 20-30 mins until they finally die… like you know who

You said learn to play?

You and several others didn’t read my post at all or just decided to change what I wrote in your heads.

Druids who can stand in PvE toe to toe with any Champ or Legendary do not have the same ‘power’ as their WvW counterpart and that goes double for the pet unless one goes full glass or full regen, both of which makes one a bag on any server where there are groups of five and upwards, and you, as the lonely player on Tier 1-4, doesn’t matter at some times of the day, alone for several hours.

Few players can go against multiple numbers of those guarding towers, camps and even shrines and the nerf didn’t make it easier to play Druid, it made it ridiculously pigeon-holed into glass, glass, glass and more glass.

You want to teach the rest of us how to do what we do in PvE so easily but can’t in WvW?

Good, I am ready to learn what your secret is.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

(edited by atheria.2837)

in WvW

trueanimus.4085

You can’t fight anywhere without 3 or 4 long bows trying to rapid fire you from another continent and a bunch of rev pets doing their silly unrelenting assualt impersonation and then pooping out blind fields on your feet just to troll.

It’s all good though as long as I have a launch off cd. Got to teach those little monsters how to fly.

As for zerg meta, it’s hilariously boring atm anyway. I’ve been running a lvl 60 ele in blue gear in T2 fights and it does just fine. Barrage is nice, piercing is nice too if you want to try and fit marksman in. Just don’t fire right into the melee train and 80% of your reflect problems are solved. Druids are great for being able to hit from the side a bit and still having the ability to disengage when you pizz off the blob. Get 2 or 3 good downs you’ll notice the com will go nuts and push right onto them.

YUP… this is exactly what im saying.

MANY times i have been the one to engage first.. i drop 3-4 people in front of the tag.. you hear the commander… DOWNS… push in now.. BOOM.. everyone pushes in.. the enemies die… and there was much rejoicing.. its glorious!

in WvW

trueanimus.4085

[/quote]

You said learn to play?

You and several others didn’t read my post at all or just decided to change what I wrote in your heads.

Druids who can stand in PvE toe to toe with any Champ or Legendary doesn’t have the same ‘power’ as their WvW counterpart and that goes double for the pet unless one goes full glass or full regen, both of which makes one a bag on any server where there are groups of five and upwards and you, as the lonely player on Tier 1-4, doesn’t matter at some times of the day, alone for several hours.

Few players can go against multiple numbers of those guarding towers, camps and even shrines and the nerf didn’t make it easier to play Druid, it made it ridiculously pigeon-holed into glass, glass, glass and more glass.

You want to teach the rest of us how to do what we do in PvE so easily but can’t in WvW?

Good, I am ready to find out what your secret is.[/quote]

Ummm….

You need to read my post above.. .. i did… and its not a secret btw.. you have to use common sense.

First off… I am full glass.. and usually, im the last man standing.

I dont use heals, unless im dropping water fields for the team.. so healing makes no difference to me. Yes.. ill call out heals or flower wall for people to blast.. staff through people when im in the back.. but no.. i am not a healer.. im a killer.

BANG BANG

and yes.. because a druid can solo a champ in pve.. doesn’t mean anything in WVW… yet.. i can down 5 players on the enemy team from 1500 range with 1 shot.. but yet people like TW say that we are not needed…. Its absurd. You just have to play smart.

Full glass DOESN’T make you a bag.. on any class.. as long as you learn to play it right..

I mean seriously.. just DO NOT run into a zerg or even 3-4 people by yourself.. unless you have an advantage… i mean.. thats just stupid.. any class should know that.. yes you might live a few seconds longer as a guardian.. but your going to die.

Being a glass cannon doesn’t mean your going to die instantly unless your just stupid. KILL PEOPLE FROM WALLS if you think your too squishie i mean jezzz.. it isnt that hard to figure out.

Its simple really… you know.. Maybe you should try Druid.. but then again.. i do love killing you guys in armor as you run around swinging your little hammers.. hehehe . =)

in WvW

Posted by: Bigpapasmurf.5623

Bigpapasmurf.5623

MANY times i have been the one to engage first.. i drop 3-4 people in front of the tag.. you hear the commander… DOWNS… push in now.. BOOM.. everyone pushes in.. the enemies die… and there was much rejoicing.. its glorious!

Part of my non meta build (that I tested and OMG why did I not go for this to begin with) is Marksmanship with piercing arrows. love knocking 5 ppl back and rapid firing/rooting them followed by a cripple (Barrage). Sigil or rage/air makes this interesting. Still debating on changing a sigil tho but in a ZvZ, it downed sooooooo many people. Took it for another spin with a good tempest buddy of mine and the root/overload combos we can get off are DEADLY. Where he’s squish they focus him typically which is good for me as I can pick them off from a distance as long as he keeps moving.

#nonmeta4life

- Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/MC_Celestia
- I am currently a main thief roamer for SF in WvW. LOVE ME!
- {SOAP} Solo/Havoc roamer, lover of good fights

in WvW

trueanimus.4085

Part of my non meta build (that I tested and OMG why did I not go for this to begin with) is Marksmanship with piercing arrows. love knocking 5 ppl back and rapid firing/rooting them followed by a cripple (Barrage). Sigil or rage/air makes this interesting. Still debating on changing a sigil tho but in a ZvZ, it downed sooooooo many people. Took it for another spin with a good tempest buddy of mine and the root/overload combos we can get off are DEADLY. Where he’s squish they focus him typically which is good for me as I can pick them off from a distance as long as he keeps moving.

#nonmeta4life

/smile see… people are starting to get it lol

in WvW

trueanimus.4085

I would really like to know what people mean by team play.Is it when the guardians/dragon hunters are so bunker-ed up with little to no damage tagging as many foes as they can while the back line does the real killing?Is that team play?Calling rangers out and calling us useless when we can plainly see the opponents going down one after another at the points of our arrows or under a barrage.That’s team play?
This is what I have to say about the so called “META” .It’s designed around selfish front liners that just want to tap while the rest of us do the real work.
ALL classes have a place in the battle field.Whether we’re running long bow or trapping we rangers are the ones at the far back watching over the back line ,bursting and disrupting the opponents front line and mid line.We flank to disrupt the opponents mid line and back line. So all you knuckle heads out there that think rangers don’t have a place in WvW need a reality check.It is ranger haters that need to stop being selfish and allow people to play the game .

^ Perfectly said…. the REAL team players are the ones kicking kitten .. everyone else is just on a loot stick guardian because they want to brag about how many bags their toon gets… i love this guy!! Honesty at its finest!