Ranger discrimination.. lol

in WvW

Posted by: Balthazzarr.1349

Balthazzarr.1349

omg… I’ve played this game almost since it came out. WvW for over 2 years… Ranger for most of the time. Fine tuned this pewpewpew to have some nasty damage and backline support. I go into EB and join a squad and am promptly kicked out for being a Ranger. Seems they wanted only people who could tank, heal, help survive.. and so on.. of course Ranger/Druid can’t do that can it… Frankly I’m not sure how Ranger is self serving but that’s what I was told…. ???

I am in BP, attempting to get into one of the Host servers squads. Shifting between annoyed and just sadly humoured… I mean it’s not like we get gold for winning the week. It’s a game, it’s a game, it’s a game… then again maybe it’s reality? :P

I’m not a member of the CD community, tried to get on the site but even trying to register gets me an error so that didn’t work.

Just curious if other people that have been “pugged” up into the “better” servers have encountered this sort of thing.

So totally out of trying to get with groups in WvW unless my guild group is in and running I guess.. I mean seriously.. holy freakin crp…

… just call me … Tim :)

in WvW

Posted by: briggah.7910

briggah.7910

you play ranger wrong.. you are supposed to sit on a wall and pew pew pew.. that’s it

Player Vs Everyone
youtube channel - twitch channel

in WvW

Posted by: Hexalot.8194

Hexalot.8194

Sort of feel your pain. I’ve been running Berserker Warrior for a while now in zergs (was getting bored out of my skull on Rev). And while I don’t actually get kicked out of squads, I still have to put up with snide remarks such as, “I hope all you Warriors are running banners. You’ll need it to rez each other !”

Ah… how the mighty have fallen, LOL.

Its just the nature of the beast that is WvW that some classes (mainly those with little support utility or aoe damage) are simply unwanted. And unfortunately Rangers are right at the bottom with thieves and Engineers, with Warriors (front line) being merely “tolerated” at best.

in WvW

Posted by: Pride.1734

Pride.1734

the engi, thief, ranger situation has been there since forever. And since there is basicly no balance done for wvw thats unlikelyto change anytime soon.

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

That’s why I don’t zerg, so I don’t have to deal with turds saying what I should run.
Ofc, roaming require you to not be a rallybot, but you’ll everytually learn how to not be one by playing your profession to the fullest.

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

I go into EB and join a squad and am promptly kicked out for being a Ranger.

Pardon me.. but would have any grey poupon?…. I mean… boon share?
No?
/boot
Reroll a Revenant.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

in WvW

Balthazzarr.1349

lol, I have every class… with all the people out there running revs, guards, warriors etc… a Ranger here and there doesn’t hurt. With stacks and hitting certain skills my Ranger runs with Power: 3k+, Toughness: 2.4k+, Health: 19k, Crit: 73-104%, Crit damage: 162%

People may think that’s self serving for some odd reason but for me it takes enemy down pretty darn fast, and if I need to I can invoke the Druid healing to be helpful..

So ya, keep your Revs etc and have fun with them.. I have one of everything, and two of a few… the most fun I have is with my nasty Ranger. It’s all good I guess… doing stuff alone in this game is not a new thing regardless of how many people are around. But still… being rejected for a given class by people who obviously will never agree with how good a Ranger really can be… well.. meh.

(edited by Balthazzarr.1349)

in WvW

Posted by: Darkness.9732

Darkness.9732

Ranger discrimination goes on since day 1.

It’ s not the person who plays ranger fault.

The fault lies in who didn’ t make ranger decent and viable in 4 years.

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

Ranger is one of the strongest skirmishers atm, I don’t get the “didn’t make ranger viable” comment. It just not really good in a large scale fight compared to the heavy/light professions. Sure, it can deal a lot of long range damage or heal, but an elementalist can do that aswell, and be much more versatile.

Funny enough, the 3 professions nobody want to see in a zerg are the 3 medium ones.

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

(edited by Jeknar.6184)

in WvW

Xenesis.6389

So ya, keep your Revs etc and have fun with them.. I have one of everything, and two of a few… the most fun I have is with my nasty Ranger. It’s all good I guess… doing stuff alone in this game is not a new thing regardless of how many people are around. But still… being rejected for a given class by people who obviously will never agree with how good a Ranger really can be… well.. meh.

Doesn’t matter to me, I’m more for balance, play what you want to play, and having every class useful and not excluded in group play, well, other than thieves cheesy venom share XD
Enjoying my druid quite a lot lately, most times I don’t bother joining a squad.

North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Bleh. I rolled a certain character a few weeks ago and played it for a week. Then I was like (for zergs):

Well! I could position myself nicely, manage my cooldowns, and maybe that 60s stab or something. Gotta watch out for gankers from behind and reflects that will kill me, and then carefully pick out priority targets from the zerg all while making sure the pet stays alive a few seconds later and then drop a water field and maybe feel good for it. And of course, even if I do get put into a squad, someone with sense will most likely lump me in a misc reject squad which will have no boon share that all the cool kids are doing, not that I have any boons besides that silly regen and random fury/might. That’d also kill any chance of running any kind of build to take advantage of melee. Oh where’s that condi removal again without having to take some terrible runeset?

AH! But I can heal. Of course, Anet likes to put light fields on heal skills. Oh crap, I didn’t put that light field.

BUT BUT SPOTTER BROS Nothing can take that away. I will increase people’s critting abilties by a good amount. And then….

Or I can mash 1 and 2, while giving permanent AOE fury passively (Hey look warriors, you’re not special anymore, now go fetch me a banner), Passive Ferocity boost for the group, swiftness for the stragglers, might and pulsing AOE protection needed. And of course these things have such low cooldown that I might as well always have them on. Occasionally press another button for a nice AOE stun, and hey why would I care about positioning when I have 1 skill that lets me evade damage and another that blocks it. And resistance to laugh at condis. Oh, and since most of this crap pulses anyways and/or has a short cooldown who cares about being ripped? Why not just put 10% of the effort and accomplish more results anyways?

Granted, I’ve never played Ranger seriously (~300 hours), but it does really annoy me that I have spent 1/10 of the that time on a Revenant while not even understanding how most of the skills work and get treated like some kind of VIP while the other just gets the leper treatment. Rev can be a fun class to play, but I just feel they have dominated certain roles to the extent where they pushed out other choices that were already marginal and niche to begin with.

In conclusion, this. Oh and while we’re at it thanks for nerfing Engineers btw Anet. :/ It’s basically the same story as above except I devoted more time to that class.

Oh, and who cares what zerglings think anyways? A pro zergling is still a zergling.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

in WvW

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

I feel you. I’ve had lots of people berate me for choosing to play a Ranger and while I understand that it doesn’t contribute as much to a zerg as many other professions do, it does have it’s place.

I’ve also had many people make fun of me when I happen to mention anything about my class in chat such as the time someone said “get on a real class and you’ll be fine” or “can you even kill anyone with a Ranger?”

I have more hours in WvW than a lot of people and probably more hours in my Ranger alone than a lot of people do in their entire accounts. It doesn’t mean I’m skilled but it does mean I have a heap of experience. I know exactly what I’m doing and how to do it and I don’t need to be criticised by brain dead zerglings. I may be a Diamond rank but I got many of those ranks by playing by myself or in small scale and I’m one of the few Diamonds who continues to do things alone.

And on that note, I’d bet money I die less, pay attention to the commander better and get at least enough kills to be considered relevant. I may be restricted to singular targets but let me tell you I am the bane of all staff Ele’s. I understand 110% that my profession of choice is not optimal and doesn’t contribute as much as a meta build but others need to understand that a competent player is just as valuable as a player with a meta build.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

in WvW

ArchonWing.9480

I’ve also had many people make fun of me when I happen to mention anything about my class in chat such as the time someone said “get on a real class and you’ll be fine” or “can you even kill anyone with a Ranger?”

Heh, it’s definitely a sad state of affairs when someone can think they’re hot stuff for putting full nomads/minstrel on a guardian, taking Force of Will so they can brag about never dying while following 40 people at all times pressing 1 (probably badly too while the eles do all the real work) somehow manage to talk down to people while probably not even understanding what your class even does, much less how they work.

Then again, that seems to be true everywhere.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,

in WvW

Balthazzarr.1349

Doesn’t matter to me, I’m more for balance, play what you want to play, and having every class useful and not excluded in group play, well, other than thieves cheesy venom share XD
Enjoying my druid quite a lot lately, most times I don’t bother joining a squad.

Yes, and I really should have known better than to try to ‘pug’ with a squad of people I didn’t know. The people that know me well have seen time and again how many people fall; how valuable having 1500 range is at certain keeps. I’ve even had a few people rage quit on me in the last 2 weeks because they didn’t want to get stomped.

Maybe I’m just not a good player of the other classes but I kill a LOT more people with my Ranger than any other class that I play. Sure the ranger doesn’t do boon share and all that other crap but that’s what we have the other classes for. I mean really.. do people really want everyone to run the so called BEST class so everyone can have boonshare etc etc and win all the fights?? Boorrrinnggg…

I live, I die and I live more than die, and when you are on the other side of the right combination of attack skills from my Ranger it’s not likely you will last long unless you have most of your skills set to recover/heal and not so much on power/kill….

So screw it and back to roaming unless/until the folks that know me are on and then it’s time for fun.

(edited by Balthazzarr.1349)

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Pretty much the only time this happens is when a squad is full and they are trying to make room for 5 man ability overlap. Any number of classes don’t fit when that happens. It isn’t personal… it is just that many classes are simply not efficient in a zerg. I am sure if they had room, it would have been fine.

As a note, I am also on BP, typically main a thief and have never been booted… I am far less useful than a Ranger in a zerg. Oh and I play a lot… like a lot a lot.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

I mean really.. do people really want everyone to run the so called BEST class so everyone can have boonshare etc etc and win all the fights?? Boorrrinnggg…

When the enemy run a meta 50 man zerg consisting of 50% guardians/revs, 40% necros/elementalists and 10% warriors, yes. Yes you really want that. Otherwise you have near zero chance to compete. Because that’s all it is. A simple matter of escalating competition. This setup vs another 50 man zerg with 10 random thieves/engies/rangers will be at a major advantage. I would even dare to say that you’d probably do the commander a favor by showing the true numbers of his zerg and not be in the group.

Besides, you dont really have to be in the squad. I love playing my condi scrapper and I often run alongside a zerg instead of inside it, capping camps, taking out flankers and generally havoc. I dont even see that as roaming. I see that as supporting the zerg with sidequests :p

in WvW

Posted by: flman.6057

flman.6057

Just don’t join squads, being on TS is all what is needed to follow commander. Or you will be put in “special” subgroup, which is quite insulting.
Personally most of the time I play as a staff/LB ranger, ~80% of the time targeted player in enemy zerg goes down, if he goes up it is quite fun to continue target him and watch his attempts to stay alive, root the running aways, get alive from most fights, poke stuff from walls. Spread cancer, have fun.

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Next time you see one of the ranger haters lying dead asking for a ress tell them you are a worthless ranger and just walk away.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

Was the squad near full? Because I doubt any pug blob is in such a position to be so picky about bodies, especially with the mode in such decline. Then again you could just be playing with the clueless, never any shortage of that.

Whispers with meat.

in WvW

Posted by: Reh.5986

Reh.5986

Most pug blobs are usually pretty good about this. Open raid guild groups though you’re probably going to get stuffed into a stabless boonless group with the thieves and engis. If another rev shows it might be gg lol

in WvW

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

I love my ranger but I know its garbage in zerging. Now I just pewpew with my hammer rev. Try rev, you might like it.

in WvW

Balthazzarr.1349

Was the squad near full? Because I doubt any pug blob is in such a position to be so picky about bodies, especially with the mode in such decline. Then again you could just be playing with the clueless, never any shortage of that.

Squad was big but not full. At the end of the day other people here are right. Forget the squad/zerg… do your own thing.

I think it’s funny though.. get a Rev, Guard, or even a light class.. we don’t care if you know how to play it, or if you die a crapload more than that Ranger who does know… just get the class we want to see and join us… otherwise go roam. ah no worries.. that’s what I will do and I promise to shut up now about this because I gotta find some fun here somewhere… sadly it means a LOT less time in this whole game than I used to play.

PvE is boring. PvP doesn’t interest me really. Running with groups and having some fun together I like so like I said in one of my earlier posts, I’ll have to pick times when the people that I know, and know me, are online, otherwise it’s roaming time if I want to play at all.

in WvW

Xenesis.6389

tier 1 squads rarely run at the max limit of 50, even when fully open to all players on the map. A lot of guild groups will run closed either being a guild run, or when open you need to joins ts first. I think a lot of players are getting the jiff that they are not wanted in squads because of their class so they don’t bother joining, most commanders just what the boon sharing and aoe damage classes.

in WvW

ArchonWing.9480

I suppose if you’re running with friends it makes more sense not to join the squad (TS is good though) since maybe you have your own builds that work with each other and ways to share boons that will be messed up when someone that doesn’t know you decides what’s appropriate for you. Some more astute folks will put members of the same guild together because of this. Making your own untagged minisquad can also assist with this and also prevent you from receiving invite spam.

I’ll need to keep that in mind myself before I spam invites since I do just put Rangers in the misc category though I sometimes have the fun of putting whatever my class is in said squad and selecting targets. It may not be the best thing to do, but it is really funny.

In any case, I can’t really expect anyone to spend gold and whatnot to gear up a class they might not even like. What could you really do?

in WvW

Posted by: Akkeros.1675

Akkeros.1675

Sort of feel your pain. I’ve been running Berserker Warrior for a while now in zergs (was getting bored out of my skull on Rev). And while I don’t actually get kicked out of squads, I still have to put up with snide remarks such as, “I hope all you Warriors are running banners. You’ll need it to rez each other !”

Ah… how the mighty have fallen, LOL.

Its just the nature of the beast that is WvW that some classes (mainly those with little support utility or aoe damage) are simply unwanted. And unfortunately Rangers are right at the bottom with thieves and Engineers, with Warriors (front line) being merely “tolerated” at best.

And yet we can dive into the boonshare-ball dish out more damage than half their blob, down 5 people and rotate out only losing 12 health to their ultimate survival package….yet the can rez their fallen because the group you are running with is too scared to push. Long live the rangers and warriors! Forgotten heroes

in WvW

Posted by: springelf.9236

springelf.9236

I’ve played my ranger since day 1. I have played WvW for a long time. I have decided that I just don’t care what other people think. I don’t care what group a squad puts me in. If I join it or not. Honestly I just love my ranger no matter what happens. I feel sorta useless when it comes to siege but I think I make up for it when it comes to skirmishing.

in WvW

Posted by: Nuzt.7894

Nuzt.7894

If you have played since almost release, you should be aware of this situation. It sucks if you really enjoy a Ranger but you need to realize, anything you can do another class can do better.

It is a game you’re right about that but games are not fun if you constantly lose fights because of a few classes. If you like Ranger that much, run small group roaming on it, or scout, or solo. Honestly just make something else to play with the zergs, whether it’s right or wrong is irrelevant, you will most likely continue to be kicked on a Ranger.

in WvW

ArchonWing.9480

I think the other problem outside of “meta this or meta that” is that the ranger player is the convenient scapegoat and this isn’t just WvW.

“STUPID RANGER STOP KNOCKING BACK!”
“But I’m not even using a bow!”
“kitten NOOB!”
Mesmer quietly hides GS

There’s also the incidents where people decide to push in balls deep with a comp that is not capable of doing that and of course it’s easier to blame someone else on it. I mean you could have a ranger roamer passing by and merely killing stragglers yet all the anger gets directed at them.

Now, there are cases where your group has too many rangers and no frontline, which blows but that’s a group wide issue.

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

Come to SBI. Half our zerg is Rangers.

in WvW

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

Druid can heal but zerg is looking for more than that. Simply because since there is a map cap or limited in number, people want players to bring the classes that can do way more than just heal. Just imagine you go to pve raid with a limit of 10 people and all those people use healing druid, do you think you can complete the raid? It is just that simple, people want to win and ranger / druid is not part of the winning formula in a zerg fight, you can’t blame them for that.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

in WvW

Xenesis.6389

It’s simple, they want boon classes for sustain, and they want aoe damage classes to do most of the damage bombs, the group with the best corruption and aoes wins. All the light aoe light boon single target classes are being left in the cold, they’re not being taken even if there’s space in the squad, no one even cares about pick teams anymore.

Half the classes are being told to reroll or get out.
Great balance by anet /slow clap.

in WvW

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

/shrug

Haters gon’ hate.

Attachments:

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Ultra Hades.4691

Ultra Hades.4691

You got it backwards, the class itself is fine, but it’s the players who play it that bring it down. Rangers encourage poor discipline and selfish gameplay habbits that aren’t welcome in any serious group. It’s easier to replace all rangers for other classes than explain to a group of selfish rangers why one particularly good ranger is allowed to be on a ranger and that the group would benefit from more of another class. Usually the good players will switch classes upon request anyway.

I’m sure we’ve all heard these come out of engis/rangers mouths, especially when you ask them to either run a different build or class:
- “I am the best ranger in the game!”
- “I’ll beat you 1v1”
- “I run this really tight build that is the best at ____”
- “I have more experience than ____”
- “My wvw rank is higher than ____”

[WL] Kin Bear

in WvW

Posted by: Aury.1367

Aury.1367

Every class is sometimes unwanted in WvW. This is highly dependend on the cmd. Cmds are, in rare cases, asking for a specific class. For example you got a 50man squad and 2 guards. If you get kicked out of the squad several times, attend to your servermeeting and let them know. If this is bring ignored just change to another Server then.

in WvW

Posted by: Hexalot.8194

Hexalot.8194

Every class is sometimes unwanted in WvW. This is highly dependend on the cmd. Cmds are, in rare cases, asking for a specific class. For example you got a 50man squad and 2 guards. If you get kicked out of the squad several times, attend to your servermeeting and let them know. If this is bring ignored just change to another Server then.

I have never EVER heard a zerg commander say there are too many Guards, one of them pls switch to something else.

in WvW

Balthazzarr.1349

lol, I was gonna say… make a zerg with all Rangers.. I bet they would kick royal butt!

in WvW

Balthazzarr.1349

You got it backwards, the class itself is fine, but it’s the players who play it that bring it down. Rangers encourage poor discipline and selfish gameplay habbits that aren’t welcome in any serious group. It’s easier to replace all rangers for other classes than explain to a group of selfish rangers why one particularly good ranger is allowed to be on a ranger and that the group would benefit from more of another class. Usually the good players will switch classes upon request anyway.

I’m sure we’ve all heard these come out of engis/rangers mouths, especially when you ask them to either run a different build or class:
- “I’ll beat you 1v1”

Second time I’ve heard that I am selfish… Please enlighten me.. what is it that’s selfish about a person playing a Ranger? Just curious… at this point I have no interest in joining any zerg with my Ranger so you can go into relax mode now… but I really still want to know what you mean by selfish..

in WvW

Posted by: Eval.2371

Eval.2371

Ranger has a lot of shortcomings. Everything a ranger can do in an organized group dragon hunter can do and offer more. If you want to pew pew game play in a zerg roll a DH no one will blink an eye.

That said, ranger is more suited for roaming. You can easily flip camps, towers and win 2v1s with smart play. You can also make an entire server rage by keeping swords their on garri/keep for hours on end. Very few people can catch you, and if you learn various terrain tricks the only thing that might catch you is a thief or 10 or so people. At which point you’ve won.

[Cya] TC Roamer/Scout
I Play WvW to have fun. I don’t find it fun anymore. Therefore I don’t play.

in WvW

Posted by: Pride.1734

Pride.1734

lol, I was gonna say… make a zerg with all Rangers.. I bet they would kick royal butt!

Inb4 Wall of Refection

in WvW

Posted by: Reh.5986

Reh.5986

Inb4 Wall of Refection

Hilarity ensues

in WvW

Posted by: Fat Disgrace.4275

Fat Disgrace.4275

Fat Disgrace (banned) Man Flu Survivor – war/The Cabbage -Thief (gunners hold / [TaG])

gw1 – healing signet/frenzy/charge

in WvW

Posted by: roamzero.9486

roamzero.9486

Ranger has a very narrow range of viability in WvW. But it’s really, really strong in that range (many might see it as OP). You pretty much have to run Druid with double mobility weapon set (staff + GS/S+X), and your role is to roam about and engage in small scale combat.

Outside of that? Complete garbage – in zerging, GvG, everything .

in WvW

Posted by: Ultra Hades.4691

Ultra Hades.4691

- “I’ll beat you 1v1”

Second time I’ve heard that I am selfish… Please enlighten me.. what is it that’s selfish about a person playing a Ranger? Just curious… at this point I have no interest in joining any zerg with my Ranger so you can go into relax mode now… but I really still want to know what you mean by selfish..

I don’t know you, just speaking in general. In general people running in a team in a team game aren’t all running their favourite individual setups that will get them the most lootbags, they are running what the team will benefit from as a whole.

Then you’ll get a bunch of players who don’t get it and think that they are contributing more than they could be if they were taking the advice of the groups they try to leech off.

Some builds and classes just don’t scale as well as others, so while the people who don’t get it think they are helping, they can be giving the group over-confidence and disappointment in real engages.

[WL] Kin Bear

in WvW

Posted by: Nuzt.7894

Nuzt.7894

- “I’ll beat you 1v1”

Well, Zerging and large group is team play, bring something that helps the team not what you want to play that does nothing for the team. If you want to play what you want how you want when you want, play solo.

It’s not the other players fault that Anet has been incapable of adding some useful large team utility to certain classes. All classes should be viable and wanted within the large team setting, that should be the goal, it’s just unfortunate that the Dev’s can’t wrap their heads around that goal.

You know what would have helped Rangers a lot? If they had given druids some waterfields that could rival Ele’s that could be cast from a distance. That #5 staff is pure garbage and has no circumference, the healing spring has no range and requires you to be in the middle of the frontline, and the celestial #4 also has no range and require you to be stationary where it’s being cast which = dead Druid. They could have given them some viable boon stripping options, there’s a ton of things that could have done but didn’t. HoT was kind of a reset button that could have been used to correct some of the class balance issues and somehow they still completely missed the mark.

in WvW

Balthazzarr.1349

oh my, Rangers are now, leeches and selfish… yes yes yes maybe Rangers don’t have all that sweet boonshare and things that people really like/need in a zerg.. but… having spent the last few hours running my selfish ranger on the backline of a zerg I’m pretty sure I got more than my share of kills… emptied bags a couple times (lots of space)… I have to believe that this must be some sort of help.

Neither of us will “win” the argument really.. Because you that are against Rangers are convinced that they’re useless. Me running a Ranger continues to prove to myself every time I’m out that I’m useful in more than just roaming… but as I said, I’ll never convince you all of that and that’s fine. Like I said above.. I will group with people that know me and not bother with the people that don’t.. simple… so you folks that don’t know me don’t have to worry about me bringing the zerg down.. lol…

in WvW

Posted by: Woop S.7851

Woop S.7851

Yes, due to the design of WvW, many things should’ve been balanced since launch, rangers are actually very versatile with a good commander, check out this video with a full squad of rangers that took on a full havok meta if it’s any encouragement:
https://youtu.be/iJqEEWPqTxA

in WvW

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

You simply need to join a less-restrictive squad.

The squad commander has his own preference. It is not a discrimination. The commander has his own right to assemble a squad he likes to lead.

in WvW

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

Don’t try to run in the zerg, work around the periphery. There’s almost always thieves trying to gank your backline, focus on taking them out. Or as the zergs are moving around each other you separate someone from the back of the zerg with a point blank/ancient seeds.

Last night my server was holding hills in another bl, the outer walls were down and the zergs were inside fighting. My buddy and I positioned ourselves between garri and hills and just gobbled up all the bags coming our way. We killed at least 25 people in 10 minutes as they came running back in groups of 5 or less. Without the steady stream of reinforcements their zerg was destroyed.

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

in WvW

Posted by: Rakshasa.5493

Rakshasa.5493

Lets tell the whole thing……

Maybe the commander was just sick of you guys getting wiped every push.

He put all the rangers in one party, because you don’t need stab like Necros’ and watched you getting rolled 3-4 times before he said any thing…

Maybe the commander was getting sick of running 12-15 guys who get in teamspeak vs a blob and you guys just sit back doing nothing, waiting for the guild he is in to generate the downs……..

(edited by Rakshasa.5493)

in WvW

Posted by: PierPiero.9142

PierPiero.9142

Problem is that some classes are better than other for zerging . I play engi. Most of the time i play rabid condi core engi and not scrapper ( i have it) , and i kill a lot of people , but obviously it is not the best build to go in a zerg …. it is really good for roaming alone or in small groups but not for that. every build has strenght and weakness. And some classes are better than other for a specific role . Find your role with ranger