Jim Hunter.6821

/kicks broken thread

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

Ranger discrimination.. lol

in WvW

Posted by: Jushiohara.9140

Jushiohara.9140

Haters been hating since launch. Won’t ever change. Play what you want and focus on getting good at it. Its just a game, not a job. You don’t need to play anything for anyone.

The Sylvari Ranger

in WvW

Posted by: HazyDaisy.4107

HazyDaisy.4107

I’ve been encountering alot of rifle berserkers lately, they just position themselves on the nearest cliff and shoot at anything that moves. I figured they were once decent LB rangers that got told by their squad leader to play a real profession. Way to stay true to your roots boys.

Sorrows Furnace
[HaHa] Hazardous Hallucination

in WvW

Posted by: Hexinx.1872

Hexinx.1872

Nope… seen it first hand. Commander looks at squad, yells at squad … get off your pew pew rangers and play real class… I need guards kitten it… 25% swap characters…. “Okay we on guards” as they produce their longbows

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

Nope… seen it first hand. Commander looks at squad, yells at squad … get off your pew pew rangers and play real class… I need guards kitten it… 25% swap characters…. “Okay we on guards” as they produce their longbows

A guardian with a longbow still much more useful in a zerg than a ranger.

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Hexinx.1872

Can provide stab for the backline

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

Can provide stab for the backline

They can actually protect it with the shield. But they also can go frontline even with the bow, so.

WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points

in WvW

Posted by: HoneyBadger.5691

HoneyBadger.5691

If you hear a cmdr complain about ranger/thief just bring one, it’s not like there’s anything they can do to stop you from playing what you want.

in WvW

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

If you hear a cmdr complain about ranger/thief just bring one, it’s not like there’s anything they can do to stop you from playing what you want.

Or don’t be a kitten…..
The commander isn’t being payed to be there, they don’t have to tag for your lazy pug kitten . If you are going to join the group you should try to work with them.

LGN

in WvW

Posted by: HoneyBadger.5691

HoneyBadger.5691

Then don’t tag, I and many others could care less. I play games to have fun, and if ranger is what’s fun that day to the exclusion of others, that’s what’s being played. If someone running around with a tag has a problem with it, they should re-evaluate why they’re playing a video game.

in WvW

Posted by: katniss.6735

katniss.6735

@OP you should go to JQ, that’s the only thing they play.

Server: Maguuma – Leafy Lass – Elementalist (WvW)
Guild: Bill Murray [Bill]/ [DERP]
twitch.tv/mlgw2

in WvW

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

Then don’t tag, I and many others could care less. I play games to have fun, and if ranger is what’s fun that day to the exclusion of others, that’s what’s being played. If someone running around with a tag has a problem with it, they should re-evaluate why they’re playing a video game.

Sure people can play whatever they find fun but you said bring x class because the commander complained about it. That just sounds like poorly channeled rebellion which does come off as kinda kittenhole-ish.

Whispers with meat.

in WvW

Posted by: Rayya.2591

Rayya.2591

Play what you want and focus on getting good at

ok

http://imgur.com/a/fKgjD
no.1 WvW kills

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

Question: In a non-queue situation.

• Would you rather have someone play Ranger and stay in the back and be somewhat helpful; at least they provide damage?
  • Or get on a Guardian, which they are bad at, and get in the front line and not really be any good there, perhaps even hurting the team by not doing what is needed?
  • Or would you rather have them log off and not play at all?

in WvW

Jim Hunter.6821

I play my ranger every day. Ranger had been my main since I started playing GW1 eleven years ago. There is plenty of things a ranger excels at in wvw that doesn’t involve trying to shoe horn your way into a zerg that is trying to run a certain comp.

If you are going to run with a group you make adjustments to your play so you don’t ruin their enjoyment of the game.

Doing anything else is either lazy, selfish, or both.

LGN

in WvW

Posted by: SloRules.3560

SloRules.3560

• Would you rather have someone play Ranger and stay in the back and be somewhat helpful; at least they provide damage?
  • Or get on a Guardian, which they are bad at, and get in the front line and not really be any good there, perhaps even hurting the team by not doing what is needed?

Go on guardian, eventualy you will learn how to play it and be usefull.

in WvW

Jim Hunter.6821

Go on guardian, eventualy you will learn how to play it and be usefull.

Or better yet they could just go rev. They can pew pew with the hammer while crapping out boons. Pretty low learning curve there.

LGN

in WvW

Posted by: Rayya.2591

Rayya.2591

why they allow rangers in wvw anyway ?
nobody like them
even rangers hate eachother

http://imgur.com/a/fKgjD
no.1 WvW kills

in WvW

Jim Hunter.6821

nobody like them

To kill thieves.

LGN

in WvW

Posted by: anduriell.6280

anduriell.6280

nobody like them

To kill thieves.

not very effectively i might say. Well necro, ele or Trap Dh can deal with them much better, as the ranger only have RF and trust the thief is a baddie to be able to kill them.

People dont like rangers in zerg because they bring nothing. your damage is pretty low compared to other classes, your pet is useless in one medium size squad, and you lack any effective aoes as your barrage is crap.

Spec to druid and CC, put some healing in there, around 400-500 for the pretending, and keep playing the class as you are doing now. No need for the spotter thing.

You will be accepted (not desired as the tempest still is better constant heal). And if you know how to use the astral thing you may even help to save the commander’s butt from time to time.

I TOLD YOU SO
Inverse to Apple: SBeast is the worst yet.. jurl jurl
I’m all in for Team Irenio!

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

nobody like them

To kill thieves.

Pet swap for quickness unto RP+Bb F2 is glorious.

in WvW

Hexinx.1872

We all know everyone plays ranger to try to be as good as AJAX, but they all just don’t measure up, just a bunch of mouthbreathers!

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Yea rangers are good against thieves of course. I do remember a very long thread on that matter, mostly revolving around those tracking arrows.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

in WvW

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

I’m a main thief in a zerg and the only ones that can single me out and down me are hammer revenants. Some thieves try from time to time, some rangers do as well, but they just annoy me, nothing else.
In the end to me this is a non story – rangers complain about them not being wanted since day one and as a result are now nearly unkillable (with the “right” build). There’s a bunch of good and true arguments why rangers are usually seen rather sceptical. And in the end: I’m a thief, but my server knows me so they don’t complain about me running along – maybe you should try that approach.

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

Then don’t tag, I and many others could care less.

I think a lot of people do care. It is no fun to get on a map and there is no tag and your server starts losing people because there is no one to follow. Servers lose players that way and pug morale goes down. I suggest you tag up in those situations.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

I suggest you tag up in those situations.

But he said he don’t care.

in WvW

Chaba.5410

I suggest you tag up in those situations.

But he said he don’t care.

They’ll probably care when WvW is dead because no one tags. They play for fun. Where is the fun then? I’m sure they’ll leave game because it will not be fun anymore.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs

(edited by Chaba.5410)

in WvW

Posted by: JDjitsu.7895

JDjitsu.7895

Or don’t be a kitten…..
The commander isn’t being payed to be there, they don’t have to tag for your lazy pug kitten . If you are going to join the group you should try to work with them.

Exactly. If you’re bringing Thieves and Rangers to zerg fights(unless you’re playing pick or cleanup maybe), you’re probably new to WvW? Games like this are all about group comp. I see ppl like this is Overwatch all the time, even in Competitive. Ugh

Wiggin/LittleEnder/XeroCool/Filthydirtyrotten/MizDemeanor/EnderThaXenocide/ShadowOfWiggin-
Maguuma & A Few alts on other NA/EU servers

in WvW

Posted by: Osu.6307

Osu.6307

Anyone who mains ranger in wvw and considers themselves “good” at zerging, should try playing a real wvw class (GREN) and see what they have been missing. If you are good on a ranger, you’ll probably be great on an ele or necro.

Osu

in WvW

Posted by: anduriell.6280

anduriell.6280

nobody like them

To kill thieves.

for baddies it is.

I TOLD YOU SO
Inverse to Apple: SBeast is the worst yet.. jurl jurl
I’m all in for Team Irenio!

in WvW

Jim Hunter.6821

nobody like them

To kill thieves.

for baddies it is.

Luckily 90% of thieves are terrible.

LGN

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

nobody like them

To kill thieves.

for baddies it is.

QFT

in WvW

Posted by: Fat Disgrace.4275

Fat Disgrace.4275

Bandit’s defence will shut thay combo down.

Fat Disgrace (banned) Man Flu Survivor – war/The Cabbage -Thief (gunners hold / [TaG])

gw1 – healing signet/frenzy/charge

in WvW

Posted by: Hexalot.8194

Hexalot.8194

nobody like them

To kill thieves.

for baddies it is.

While the other 10% dance on your corpses.

in WvW

Jim Hunter.6821

nobody like them

To kill thieves.

for baddies it is.

While the other 10% dance on your corpses.

Lol not really. The other 10% don’t insta die. Who ends up winning at that point usually comes down to build choices, or external factors like someone +1ing.

LGN

in WvW

ArchonWing.9480

nobody like them

To kill thieves.

Well, that was nice. Now, back to your regularly scheduled programming.

Anyone who mains ranger in wvw and considers themselves “good” at zerging, should try playing a real wvw class (GREN) and see what they have been missing. If you are good on a ranger, you’ll probably be great on an ele or necro.

Out of curiosity, what happened to the W?

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,

in WvW

Hexinx.1872

Rev’s ate the W

in WvW

Chaba.5410

More like w now.

Chaba Tangnu

in WvW

Posted by: greenarrow.2784

greenarrow.2784

few hours ago in wvw squad some player was kicking all druids out of squad saying they need better ranged and more armored classes in squad and druids are usless i said druid discrimination in team chat

in WvW

Chaba.5410

A week ago I logged into one of my accounts and followed a guy leading pugs. His group was about 20-25 and there were no specific guild tags making up the core. It was purely pugs. I kept clicking on other players to see what class they were playing. No one was playing a ranger or druid. I found only one thief. Everyone was either a rev, necro, guardian, hammer/gs berserker, tempest, or boonshare mesmer. They were tearing through the opposing pug zerg.

The next day I tagged up myself in EBG on my other account. I invited pugs into my squad. There was an entire party full of thieves. A few players were on druid. We only had one guardian and one revenant, maybe one or two warriors, the rest were necros and tempests. We put up a fight but could never really push the opposing pug zerg and put the hurt them.

The difference in performance because of group composition is like night and day. Players want to blame numbers or they want to blame the commander’s driving, but they never seem to look at group composition. They may be right if they are complaining about numbers because ranger is not a zerging class. The more numbers there are, the less effective ranger becomes. Game has always been like that.

Last night in some blob on blob three-way SMC fights, I saw a dude on ranger who had gotten upset the night before that he was kicked out of another guild’s squad. The thing is, every time we ran through the lord’s room, I noticed the guy was dead on the floor. I don’t understand how being dead constantly can be fun if you are playing for fun.

People say play whatever you want, have fun, it is just a game. How is being dead constantly fun? It is a serious question. You have to respawn and run back to the fight constantly and you miss out on getting loot. Most players I know who are really good at ranger play it because they love playing the role ranger is suited for. They love roaming on a borderland and picking off other roamers and havocking and scouting and trying to solo tower lords.

Chaba Tangnu

in WvW

Chaba.5410

Honestly, here’s the other thing about it… Joining a commander’s squad has been in the game since launch, but no one ever really joined because it wasn’t necessary. In a lot of ways it still isn’t necessary. Why are players getting upset if they are not in a squad? Squads are for group comps and party boon sharing priority, something that guilds have been asking for.

Chaba Tangnu

in WvW

ArchonWing.9480

Honestly, here’s the other thing about it… Joining a commander’s squad has been in the game since launch, but no one ever really joined because it wasn’t necessary. In a lot of ways it still isn’t necessary. Why are players getting upset if they are not in a squad? Squads are for group comps and party boon sharing priority, something that guilds have been asking for.

That very much is true. If for example, you are away from the melee train, there’s no way to share boons with much and it hardly matters. I guess they can tell where you are and how much supply you have?

Granted, there’s also many groups that you can get to know and they will be more likely to accommodate to your needs when they get to know you better. I would imagine that people are more prone to let someone run their special snowflake build if they know who’s doing it as opposed to some random guy that’s like “put me into the healing squad”

Rev’s ate the W

That’s what I feared. I imagine the resistance (condi management) and perma fury would push warriors out but I guess bannerbotting is still a thing? Though I hear some people don’t even do that.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

in WvW

Posted by: Osu.6307

Osu.6307

Poor warrs. I miss how much fun warrs were before the stab nerf. As much as I loved playing my warr, I must admit that the support capabilities of rev make them superior frontliners.

Now you pretty much only want one warr to banner the driver. Any more are a waste.

Osu

in WvW

Hexinx.1872

Wars are still a thing, they just excel more around roaming versus group play (in comparison to the other professions) . I still log into my war almost everyday … the only time I swap is for when our guild goes on a run in WvW. I feel when I’m on my warrior in that situation … I feel so much more selfish. In retrospect … when I swap to my Rev for group play, I’m happy to help support all my teamates, but I sure as heck miss my mobility from my war.

in WvW

Posted by: Gotejjeken.1267

Gotejjeken.1267

ITT: People who think Rangers = arrows. Why…

in WvW

Posted by: Hexalot.8194

Hexalot.8194

Poor warrs. I miss how much fun warrs were before the stab nerf. As much as I loved playing my warr, I must admit that the support capabilities of rev make them superior frontliners.

Now you pretty much only want one warr to banner the driver. Any more are a waste.

This makes no sense. With the nerf to rallying in WvW, having multiple Warriors running banners is a huge advantage for the zerg running them compared to an opposing zerg without them. Nothing turns the tide quicker than seeing all those downs you worked so hard for getting rallied en mass due to the other zerg’s Wars coordinating their banners.

I don’t deny that Revs have pretty much made Warriors obsolete when it comes to boon sharing. But to say that any more than one Warrior is a “waste” is down right silly. In addition to banners, they also still bring far more damage to the melee train than all those loot stick wielding Guards out there.

(edited by Hexalot.8194)

in WvW

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

This makes no sense. With the nerf to rallying in WvW, having multiple Warriors running banners is a huge advantage for the zerg running them compared to an opposing zerg without them. Nothing turns the tide quicker than seeing all those downs you worked so hard for getting rallied en mass due to the other zerg’s Wars coordinating their banners.

Poison fields say hello (banners don’t work in them).
Anyway – warrior might be the best class for roaming – they’re pretty much unkillable and dish out a massive amount of damage. They’re very much there.

ETA (to someone else before): And the group composition only really plays a role if you’re average pugs vs average pugs and the same size (or smaller) as your enemies – skill still is what matters most – even in the faceroll meta.

(edited by Jana.6831)

in WvW

Jim Hunter.6821

Last night in some blob on blob three-way SMC fights, I saw a dude on ranger who had gotten upset the night before that he was kicked out of another guild’s squad. The thing is, every time we ran through the lord’s room, I noticed the guy was dead on the floor. I don’t understand how being dead constantly can be fun if you are playing for fun.

People say play whatever you want, have fun, it is just a game. How is being dead constantly fun? It is a serious question. You have to respawn and run back to the fight constantly and you miss out on getting loot. Most players I know who are really good at ranger play it because they love playing the role ranger is suited for. They love roaming on a borderland and picking off other roamers and havocking and scouting and trying to solo tower lords.

That has more to do with that particular players lack of skill and build choice than anything else. I can put together a ranger build that can front line and survive without a problem. I could even make it semi useful with condi clears, boons and water fields. It still just wouldn’t be as useful as running a rev, necro, ele, or guard.

Honestly the biggest issue more than anything else is rangers lack damage in zerg fights because we have a damage tax imposed on us because our pets are supposed to make up a percentage of it. Our pets don’t cleave, don’t share in our buffs (they can get our boons if we sacrifice an entire traitline but they still won’t get boosted stats from ascended gear or food/utility), and a ton of our traits are tied into our pets which spend the majority of the time dead in zerg fights.

LGN

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

I don’t deny that Revs have pretty much made Warriors obsolete when it comes to boon sharing. But to say that any more than one Warrior is a “waste” is down right silly. In addition to banners, they also still bring far more damage to the melee train than all those loot stick wielding Guards out there.

Well you see, the problem here is that the more warriors you have, the less revs and guards you have and is more likely more likely to loose against those comps.

Hence, its a waste. A 50 man zerg only need 2 warriors today – one to res the commander if he is focused down and another as backup if the first is sleeping on the job. If you need more, you lost the fight anyway.

in WvW

Posted by: GROMIT.7829

GROMIT.7829

I go into EB and join a squad and am promptly kicked out for being a Ranger.

Pardon me.. but would have any grey poupon?…. I mean… boon share?
No?
/boot
Reroll a Revenant.

^ Pretty much this, does everything better.

!!!! YOU’RE NOT MY SUPERVISOR !!!!