Ranger in WvW after balance patch

in WvW

Posted by: Firelysm.4967

Firelysm.4967

Well you can have 2800 power, +200% crit dmg, 50% crit chance and you can maybe kill warrior when he is afk.

Confident:)? I wouldn’t be so sure about that, because a good ranger, can deal with warrior at any moment:)

Wish I could get back to GW1.. PvP-GvG. It feels like we are outcasted, not desired or rewarded..

in WvW

Posted by: sandvich.8259

sandvich.8259

Pewp-Pewp not Pew-Pew

Rangers need toning down in WvW they are ridiculous.
Ridiculous regen with troll urgent
1200 lazer of death. Get close? get knocked back start again.
Passive evasion by spamming attack skills on sword dagger.
Fear, kD on pets.
Unrivaled revive potential from pets in down state.

Each class has risk reward kind of balance where Ranger is just reward with no risk at the moment.

They are just over the top. Either buff all other professions or nerf ranger.

in WvW

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

Pewp-Pewp not Pew-Pew

Fear, kD on pets.

Each class has risk reward kind of balance where Ranger is just reward with no risk at the moment.

good day good sir.

after reading through your post, i’d like to take a few minutes to explain to you where your fallacies lies.

Passive evasion: Does only exist on GREATSWORD. It is the only skill, on any class, that offers evasion as part of an “auto attack chain”. Sword, Dagger, Shortbow, Greatsword 3, Harpoon 5, Lightning Reflexes and attacks similar to these on other professions are ACTIVE skills. They cannot be spammed endlessly and continuously. They require you to think before using, if not, you will have a defensive function on cooldown.

Ridiculous Regen with Troll Unguent:
This is a healing skill, if we look at its total healing over 10 seconds (both zero and max healing power stat) then the healing per second with troll unguent is:
Zero healing power: 850 × 10 / 25 second cooldown = 340 HP per second
Max healing power (2147): 1108 × 10 / 25 second cooldown = 443.2 HP per second.

Warrior healing signet – NO healing power = 362 HP per second
Warrior healing signet – MAX healing power (2345) = 479 HP per second.

As you can see, the warrior clearly does better. The warrior healing is 100% passive. It has ZERO cooldown, because you do not NEED to use it. It is always there. Thus it is 100% reliable.
Troll Unguent however has a 1 second activation time, plenty of time to interrupt and or apply poison. Thus negating a whole skill and or stopping a skill. Interrupting or poisoning the warrior has less of an effect, as the heal will always be there, in addition to secondary sources such as Adrenal Health, Regeneration Boon and incoming healing from other classes (Healing Mist from ele, elite spirit from ranger, guardian symbols and shouts and other things etc).

If the ranger is destroying you at 1200 range, then EVERY CLASS can counter attack it. NO EXCEPTION. Even necromancer can actually destroy a ranger if there is only 1200 range gap to close.

So good sir, please leave this thread and take with you your blatant, misinformed lies somewhere else.

Thank you.

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU

in WvW

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

Pewp-Pewp not Pew-Pew

Fear, kD on pets.

Pet revive is strong indeed, but you forget one thing. If you go down as a ranger, chances are about 99% of the time your pet is already down too.
And the rest was described fine by the person above me.

in WvW

Posted by: MiniMe.1960

MiniMe.1960

Pewp-Pewp not Pew-Pew

Fear, kD on pets.

http://wa1.cdn.3news.co.nz/3news/AM/0-Articles/207038/haha.jpg

Nothing more to say.

in WvW

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

Pewp-Pewp not Pew-Pew

Fear, kD on pets.

Pet revive is strong indeed, but you forget one thing. If you go down as a ranger, chances are about 99% of the time your pet is already down too.

Yeah but the ranger can swap pets while downed. And use their F2 skill, too.

Anyhow, Ranger downstate is only a problem underwater. Good luck trying to finish a ranger underwater when he’s got a bear pet.

One – Piken Square

in WvW

Prysin.8542

Pewp-Pewp not Pew-Pew

Fear, kD on pets.

Anyhow, Ranger downstate is only a problem underwater. Good luck trying to finish a ranger underwater when he’s got a bear pet.

they fixed the underwater super invuln revive. Pets can now be CC’d, killed and thus stopped from healing underwater.

in WvW

Posted by: Ark Bladesteele.2943

Ark Bladesteele.2943

It takes as long for a Ranger to activate their 3rd downed skill as it does any other class. And pet revives are not instantaneous. So far as I know the only instant revive (can be traited for 100% success as well) is Warrior Vengeance.

NSP’s resident crazy-eyed sylvari

in WvW

Tom Gore.4035

Pewp-Pewp not Pew-Pew

Fear, kD on pets.

they fixed the underwater super invuln revive. Pets can now be CC’d, killed and thus stopped from healing underwater.

Nope. Still witnessed this happening. Downed a ranger underwater, killed his first pet, stopping his res. He swapped and activated it again, this time even when I killed the pet he still kept reviving as long as he stayed stationary.

One – Piken Square

in WvW

Tom Gore.4035

It takes as long for a Ranger to activate their 3rd downed skill as it does any other class. And pet revives are not instantaneous. So far as I know the only instant revive (can be traited for 100% success as well) is Warrior Vengeance.

Vengeance is not a revive, it’s a temporary buff/debuff that kills you when it runs out. You can remove it by killing (not just downing) an opponent, and this is what can be traited to 100%.

You still need to kill something to rally completely, so if there are no mobs or NPCs around a smart player will just kite you until Vengeance runs out.

One – Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: Ark Bladesteele.2943

Ark Bladesteele.2943

Vengeance is not a revive, it’s a temporary buff/debuff that kills you when it runs out. You can remove it by killing (not just downing) an opponent, and this is what can be traited to 100%.

You still need to kill something to rally completely, so if there are no mobs or NPCs around a smart player will just kite you until Vengeance runs out.

In zerg fights you are pretty much 100% guaranteed to gain a full revive from Vengeance as long as your side is killing a significant amount of players, and you’ve at least tagged some of them. Even WH 5 will count as a tag because it inflicts weakness.

NSP’s resident crazy-eyed sylvari

in WvW

Tom Gore.4035

In zerg fights you are pretty much 100% guaranteed to gain a full revive from Vengeance as long as your side is killing a significant amount of players, and you’ve at least tagged some of them. Even WH 5 will count as a tag because it inflicts weakness.

True, but I can count the times I’ve been using Vengeance in zerg fights with the fingers in one hand. If you get downed in the enemy zerg you’re dead long before you can activate it. If you get downed in your own zerg you’ll be revived long before you’d need to activate it.

One – Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: sandvich.8259

sandvich.8259

Wall of text

Think about where a warrior usually stands during a fight (PvE) and think about a RANGE-ers usual position. So mathematics ftl in this case.

I’m not going to go back and forth with you or anyone on this. Rangers need adjusting.
Anet buffed them too much.

I have Ranger and playing WvW is like shooting fish in a barrel. Plus I have at my disposal some of the best survival, lock down, mobility and escape abilities in the game.

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

“Adjusting” is a fine word.

So let me try to understand, LB ranger makes same damage when close to his target and far way right?

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

in WvW

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

Pewp-Pewp not Pew-Pew

Fear, kD on pets.

Nope. Still witnessed this happening. Downed a ranger underwater, killed his first pet, stopping his res. He swapped and activated it again, this time even when I killed the pet he still kept reviving as long as he stayed stationary.

I’m not home so this is only an assumption and I can try later if someone else hasn’t already disproven this. But I’m not sure you saw what you think you saw. The pet revive skill on downed has a cooldown. If the pet is killed or stunned, the revive is cancelled and the cooldown prevents you from recasting. Swapping pets does not refresh the cooldown. Now unless underwater reacts differently then land, this is how I assume it works. But I’ll check tonight just to make sure.

To my knowledge, the only real bug relating to the Ranger’s downed skills is the fact that Fear doesn’t act as a proper interrupt and the pet will go back to healing once the fear duration expires. All other interrupts seem to work last I checked.

in WvW

Posted by: Zenos Osgorma.2936

Zenos Osgorma.2936

Wall of text

Think about where a warrior usually stands during a fight (PvE) and think about a RANGE-ers usual position. So mathematics ftl in this case.

I’m not going to go back and forth with you or anyone on this. Rangers need adjusting.

I have Ranger and playing WvW is like shooting fish in a barrel. Plus I have at my disposal some of the best survival, lock down, mobility and escape abilities in the game.

of couse it does , its a Range-r to adventure/roam like we are going to be compaired to a heavy brute .

also 10% damage is nothing after all the previous Nurfs to pets and ect you should be greatful they have not buffed the class any more than that , because in the end all they did was improve dps , Everything else has had no buffs or cooldown changes to effect our survival .

the survival of the class is the same Pre-patch as it is now.

shooting fish in a barrel is what RANGE users do , provide range support and if anyone in the fight your shooting into takes no action to prevent damage or the death of a server ally , its their fault not ours.

in WvW

Prysin.8542

Wall of text

“I have a Ranger”. So do i. I got TWO. So hah!!!
I also spent nearly 2.5 years playing it, longer then you have been in the game it seems. Judging by your post history. So tell me mate, do you think you are good?? No you’re not.

If you think your LB ranger got good survival, then i dare you fight any ranger using Survival Condi, RRR, BM power Bunker or Power Melee ranger. I’d even go as far and say my cleric tank would have better survivability AND STILL kill you.
How can i say that? Because these builds have ACTUAL sustain, LB spam only got Signet of Stone, which is 6 seconds of DIRECT DAMAGE immunity, NOT CC OR CONDITIONS. Meaning i can load you up with 25 stacks of bleeding, burning, poison and you gonna eat ALL that damage, which with a decent condition setup ticks for 3400+ hp per second.

Rapid Fire damage is THE EXACT SAME as it was before. THE EXACT SAME.
What they changed was DAMAGE PER SECOND. not the DAMAGE TOTAL.

To explain:
Old rapid fire did 10 shots in 4.25 second
New rapid Fire does 10 shots in 2.5 second

Both OLD AND “NEW” rapid fire had a total coefficiency (the percentage of your Power Stat that actually affects the shot)

Damage formulae (tool tip) is as following:
Average Weapon Power (for exotic LB that is 1000) x Power Stat x Coefficiency / (Armor)

Armor for tooltips uses 2600, while the game uses the ACTUAL armor of your enemy, so ingame the armor can range from 0 to 4100 depending what you are up against.

Rapid fire HAS NOT had its coefficiency changed. It has been 0.375/shot or 3.75 in total since A LONG TIME.

now to your lock down:
LB ranger used to be EPIC with 60+ seconds of immob chain. But, IT CANNOT DO THAT ANYMORE. Because the buff/nerf to entangle changed the overall duration of immob from that skill from 25+ seconds down to 8+ at best.

Conclusion:
L2P
L2Ranger
L2Buildcraft
L2Guildwars
L2WvW
L2Notsuck

in WvW

Posted by: HtFde.3856

HtFde.3856

“Adjusting” is a fine word.

So let me try to understand, LB ranger makes same damage when close to his target and far way right?

Except for skill 1, the damage of which is distance dependent.

PMI – Dzagonur Rallybot :)

in WvW

Posted by: HtFde.3856

HtFde.3856

Wall of text

You must be running a strange WvW on your server then … where I play LB rangers – unless they run as backline in a zerg – are cannon fodder. As for your RANGEr vs warrior … we seem to be getting the rifle warrior back …

PMI – Dzagonur Rallybot :)