Ranger or Warrior? PvP & WvW(Roaming).

in WvW

Posted by: Sumusikoo.1360

Sumusikoo.1360

I’m really unsure which one to main, I like both, my warrior has better gear overall however ranger is also close to his gear.

I’m really unsure which one I should play if I focus on PvP & Roaming in WvW (I can’t zerg, like 20-30 fps max with everything on minimum, can’t even see the enemy it sucks).

in WvW

Posted by: Zetsumei.4975

Zetsumei.4975

Here I am thinking doing zergbusting with 18 fps is fine xD cant wait to get my new pc now..

Also please stick to your warrior :P too many cheese longbow rangers around these days.

Kurodaraku – Necromancer | Kuroshikon – Ranger
Officer of [DEX] Deus Ex Machina Eu and [Fus] Fus Ro Dâh
Ruins of Surmia

in WvW

Sumusikoo.1360

Here I am thinking doing zergbusting with 18 fps is fine xD cant wait to get my new pc now..

Also please stick to your warrior :P too many cheese longbow rangers around these days.

I can run decently in zergs with 25+ fps the problem is that I see everyone green & red and in zergs I can’t even see the enemies so idk when to dodge, when to AoE, etc

in WvW

Zetsumei.4975

I can run decently in zergs with 25+ fps the problem is that I see everyone green & red and in zergs I can’t even see the enemies so idk when to dodge, when to AoE, etc

Yeah same lowest settings here. I actually think even after i get a new pc it might be better for me to use lowest settings for zergbusting because it cuts away all the particle effects and leaves the red circles and most basic important telegraphs like clearly seeing where the wells are and statics etc Cos you watch the general momentum of the groups rather than individual skill animations in organised fights. But i wouldnt know until i try it.

If you literally have enemies not appearing on the screen though surely thats a problem with the settings cos culling was taken away from the game but (too long ago cant remember) i think its optional, thats a very important thing to change.

Ruins of Surmia

in WvW

Sumusikoo.1360

Yeah same lowest settings here. I actually think even after i get a new pc it might be better for me to use lowest settings for zergbusting because it cuts away all the particle effects and leaves the red circles and most basic important telegraphs like clearly seeing where the wells are and statics etc Cos you watch the general momentum of the groups rather than individual skill animations in organised fights. But i wouldnt know until i try it.

If you literally have enemies not appearing on the screen though surely thats a problem with the settings cos culling was taken away from the game but (too long ago cant remember) i think its optional, thats a very important thing to change.

I’m not sure what’s wrong with my guild wars, everything is taking ages to load, I get into WvW I open inventory, it opens but can’t see whats inside unless I wait like 10 seconds, I remember running running around the map and being insta killed because I was apparently in an enemy zerg without even seeing them… (Only saw 2-3 people and they were at a safe distance)

in WvW

Zetsumei.4975

I’m not sure what’s wrong with my guild wars, everything is taking ages to load, I get into WvW I open inventory, it opens but can’t see whats inside unless I wait like 10 seconds, I remember running running around the map and being insta killed because I was apparently in an enemy zerg without even seeing them… (Only saw 2-3 people and they were at a safe distance)

Im really terrible with computers so im hoping someone else can come in and give you advice on whats happening. But my uneducated assumption if your fps is holding strong at 25 would be surely the loading times of inventory and missing people was a problem with your internet rather than computer? Btw are the enemy people darting around or just being straight up invisible?

Also look at this, might help.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Culling

Culling has been removed from WvW in the Flame and Frost: The Razing release on March 26, 2013. WvW players are now expected to control the load on their systems in order to attain acceptable frame rates, by introducing limits themselves, using two new graphics settings:

WvW Character Limit: Five settings from Lowest to Highest. Controls the total number of character models that may be displayed in WvW. The remaining characters will appear as nameplates only. It is assumed that the farther they are, the more probable that only their nameplate will be visible. The exact number of characters corresponding to these settings is unknown.[verification requested]
WvW Character Quality: 3 settings from Lowest to Medium. Controls the number of high quality character models that may be displayed in WvW. Among the characters that are drawn (controlled using the setting above), this setting determines the number that is drawn normally, in high quality. The rest will appear as low quality character models which consume less resources on the player’s computer.

Ruins of Surmia

in WvW

Sumusikoo.1360

Im really terrible with computers so im hoping someone else can come in and give you advice on whats happening. But my uneducated assumption if your fps is holding strong at 25 would be surely the loading times of inventory and missing people was a problem with your internet rather than computer? Btw are the enemy people darting around or just being straight up invisible?

Also look at this, might help.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Culling

Culling has been removed from WvW in the Flame and Frost: The Razing release on March 26, 2013. WvW players are now expected to control the load on their systems in order to attain acceptable frame rates, by introducing limits themselves, using two new graphics settings:

WvW Character Limit: Five settings from Lowest to Highest. Controls the total number of character models that may be displayed in WvW. The remaining characters will appear as nameplates only. It is assumed that the farther they are, the more probable that only their nameplate will be visible. The exact number of characters corresponding to these settings is unknown.[verification requested]
WvW Character Quality: 3 settings from Lowest to Medium. Controls the number of high quality character models that may be displayed in WvW. Among the characters that are drawn (controlled using the setting above), this setting determines the number that is drawn normally, in high quality. The rest will appear as low quality character models which consume less resources on the player’s computer.

Nah I’m at 45-60 in zones with no enemies, only get those fps in zergs.

And they’re straight up invisible, just went for a pvp and killed an invisible thief ª(invisible as in literally invisible not due to skills)

I don’t knwo what’s wrong

in WvW

Posted by: Atticus.7194

Atticus.7194

I’m really unsure which one to main, I like both, my warrior has better gear overall however ranger is also close to his gear.

I’m really unsure which one I should play if I focus on PvP & Roaming in WvW (I can’t zerg, like 20-30 fps max with everything on minimum, can’t even see the enemy it sucks).

Neither right now, go thief or mes. Stealth makes these two classes absolutely unassailable right now. Seriously you can go right into a zerg burst someone down and disappear without being touched. So if you want to roam like a god so one of those two classes.

in WvW

Posted by: UrMom.4205

UrMom.4205

Neither right now, go thief or mes. Stealth makes these two classes absolutely unassailable right now. Seriously you can go right into a zerg burst someone down and disappear without being touched. So if you want to roam like a god so one of those two classes.

This answer is dumb. Both warrior and ranger have movement skills, invulns, and stun breaks that allow them to get away (warrior sword jump, greatsword 3 and 5, ranger greatsword 3, sword 2 chain, warrior invulns, ranger invulns, ranger entangle, etc.). I’ve seen plenty of warrior roamers and plenty of ranger roamers. I’d suggest checking out some Twitch.tv streamers to see how they roam on those classes. They all have viable builds, and i’ve seen them all wreck thieves and mesmers before. (warrior: shinryuku_ku and Wilsonstorm, Ranger: Gladomer)

Team Raven [TR](Dead)
Wu Táng Financial [Táng] – YB