Rankings Settling out

Rankings Settling out

in WvW

Posted by: Dhar.6392

Dhar.6392

Anyone have a opinion how many more weeks before the rankings stabilize?

I’m checking the current matches…. seems there is plenty of flux in the middle…

Who’s going up and who’s going down… do you think?

Rankings Settling out

in WvW

Posted by: sostronk.8167

sostronk.8167

Tier 1 and 2 seem to be pretty much settled. JQ, SOS and SOR in Tier 1. BG and Kain in Tier 2 at least, with BG a chance to pull Tier 1. Not sure about mid or low tiers.

Rankings Settling out

in WvW

Posted by: Ordibble.3092

Ordibble.3092

You must be talking about the Euro servers. The NA servers are this week so far projected to have no servers changing tiers (and only six servers changing rank). Besides that, apart from a few matches in the bottom tiers of both NA and Euro, the scores are overall closer than they have been for ages.

Some of the scores may not be super close, but I guess a lot depends on what you call stability: every match having close scores or little movement of servers between tiers. Unfortunately, the former of these is most likely a pipe dream.

(edited by Ordibble.3092)

Rankings Settling out

in WvW

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

unless there are major transfers again, yes tiers are pretty much stabilized….. also perhaps servers are pretty much happy with their current tier match up….

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

Rankings Settling out

in WvW

Posted by: Ragnarz.1750

Ragnarz.1750

Except the system is broken for T8. Feel free to go read the hundreds of posts about that and an in-depth critique of the glicko system itself.

Rankings Settling out

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Rankings are now stable except for T8.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

Rankings Settling out

in WvW

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

The lower tiers of the EU servers are still seeing blowouts, but we’re hoping.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

Rankings Settling out

in WvW

Posted by: Hule.8794

Hule.8794

Problem with last 2 tiers in EU is that there is big difference between servers. Arborstone is nearly dead, Blacktide isnt doing well to. RoF have good numbers but there is no whole server organization, yet.
And it took a few weeks for Arborstone to fall down. Next week will RoF probably meet WSR again (current MOS prediction) and AS will fall down.
Then it will be more stable in lowers tiers in EU.

Rankings Settling out

in WvW

Posted by: Caliburn.1845

Caliburn.1845

Yeah, the NA ladder has never looked more settled than it is currently. Not a single server moving tiers, and only a handful of -1/+1 moves within tiers.

This is the natural and anticipated result of the Glicko system.

And it is a bad thing that will destroy the WvW community pretty fast. And I can sum it up in one word. Stagnation.

If the MOS projections are accurate, the winners of NEXT week’s match are already easy to predict. Starting with Tier1 and working down, JQ, BG, FA, YB, SBI, ?, DH, SF. Only Tier 6 is really a dynamic match-up(although Tier 2 comes close).

If you’re on one of those losing servers that has no real chance of anything other than a perpetual 2nd or 3rd place finish, while usually fighting against greater numbers in WvW, you’re burning out. If you’re on a winning server, every week you win, you have to put in less and less effort, and the pride of winning(against servers you have beat week after week) becomes much less, you’re also burning out, albeit at a slower rate.

Caliburn.1845, Monsters Inc.
Darkhaven>Dragonbrand>Blackgate>Maguuma>Yaks Bend>Stormbluff Isle>Yaks Bend

Rankings Settling out

in WvW

Posted by: Sureshot.6725

Sureshot.6725

And it is a bad thing that will destroy the WvW community pretty fast. And I can sum it up in one word. Stagnation.

<facepalm> First there were threads about how the rating system wasn’t resulting in competitive fights quickly enough or would simply fail to do so. Now that populations have stabilized and they have been proved wrong we have a different mindset predicting equal fail because the Glicko rating system is working as intended.

Thankfully people with these mindsets are not managing game development.

Rankings Settling out

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

<facepalm> First there were threads about how the rating system wasn’t resulting in competitive fights quickly enough or would simply fail to do so. Now that populations have stabilized and they have been proved wrong we have a different mindset predicting equal fail because the Glicko rating system is working as intended.

I hope you’re right Sure but I fear Caliburn is… stagnation is bery bery bad. And without free transfers there’s nothing you can do to escape it.

Rankings Settling out

in WvW

Posted by: Sureshot.6725

Sureshot.6725

I hope you’re right Sure but I fear Caliburn is… stagnation is bery bery bad. And without free transfers there’s nothing you can do to escape it.

Oh I’m sure for many he will be right but what is the answer? Without a rating system people will be complaining about unfair matches.

The point is there is no perfect solution that will please every single player. However, competitive matches based on the ranking system are the best solution to an imperfect virtual world.

Rankings Settling out

in WvW

Posted by: Caliburn.1845

Caliburn.1845

The point is there is no perfect solution that will please every single player. However, competitive matches based on the ranking system are the best solution to an imperfect virtual world.

I agree, the current system is better than many that have been wished for, and it works well enough.

But if 6-7 out of 8 matches in the NA are not competitive, it is still not a good system. I can’t tell you which system we need, but the current one is not conducive to the long term health of the WvW scene.

Just wait, three or four weeks from now, everyone will be noticing this.

Caliburn.1845, Monsters Inc.
Darkhaven>Dragonbrand>Blackgate>Maguuma>Yaks Bend>Stormbluff Isle>Yaks Bend