Rant topic

Rant topic

in WvW

Posted by: LionZero.3479

LionZero.3479

Gw2 and mechanicall inconsistencies go hand in hand especially with stressed servers and client sided postion forwarding.

Will we ever get a game where skill behavior is not russian roulette (yes exaggerating but this is a rant topic if it bugs out 1 out of 10 times it’s still to much).

The sheer amount of times that; leaps, ports, channels, cc missbehave is rather ridiculious and absurd to say the least.

So let’s list some of these amazing features that go hand in hand with the current system, and feel free to add more of these anomlies to the list that i currently miss out on.

-The lovely dodge in place after a port feature.
-The lovely midair immobilise lockdown that is here since beta.
-The beautifull porting/leaping distance cuts/cancels (not by cc but by server)
-The awesome targetting bugging out, heck at times even losing the target fire connection while still having the target up but having to retarget to actually connect again.
-Beautifull skills bypassing their 15% handicap range such as having 2k range rapid fires and 2k range engi pulls (although only pulling 1200 range back of the 2k) cause once again by the beautifull system of client sided position forwarding on stressed servers.
-The amazing input delays and at times even input ignores.
-Skills like lightning reflexes and withdraw dodging forward after a quick turn cause the server still thinks you face the other way.
-Getting hit by skills you dodged but still take the cc effect from but not the actual damage, mes sword port immobilise and hammer f1 war come to mind.
-Ofcourse our random obstruct bug and out of sync ghosting can’t be left out either. (out of syncing happening a great deal on vapor form ele’s and swiftness dolyaks)
-And the great i pushed you off a cliff only to see the server place you on the edge again as bonus feature mention.

And while i’m sure this list is much longer these currently spring to mind, and then we haven’t even mentioned the actual bugs that are bugged by coding and not by client sided behavior affecting the skill mechanics.

Neither will i list any of those related to gameplay but i will list a few known regarding to siege.

-Breakout siege is still a mystery when it comes to which wvwvw skills effect it and which don’t, when for instance looking at the ram the cd reduction applies but the rest doesn’t work.
-Then when we focus on the ram a bit more using our third skill to push people of repairing for instance, has a pretty big chance to go numb when put in que after a normal ram attack, thus leaving the ram useless for 3 turns till it works again.
-The mortar skill 5 can be used by holding down the turning and aiming where you want it to land without having to actually turn it in place (which is a good thing for usablity, but a bug nevertheless in this format and should perhaps just work like this instead)
-Balista speed on bolt adding a lower angle making the extra distance you gain later on useless in some situations, why do we have to sacrifice angle for speed? and if we do why is this not mentioned in the upgrade.
-Radius animation of canons often doesn’t reflect their proper effect radius, this is specially noticed on bumpy terrain, and to be fair not only related to canons but also to plenty other skills (line of warding comes to mind, takes effect half-1step from actual animation)
-Wouldn’t really call this a bug but i’ll mention it as bonus aswell, treb shots are supposed to be unblockable but obviously cata bubbles can absord it wether intended or not it should be reworded proper to reflect which of these is true.

Anyway guess i’m done ranting for now, wether people read it or not likely won’t matter as none of the issue’s related to server sided position forwarding on stressed servers will ever be adressed, since gw2 model focusses on numbers rather then stability which is obvious from an income point of view but sad for those who would like gw2 to grow in terms of potentional and for that it first has to be polished.

Rant topic

in WvW

Posted by: Deli.1302

Deli.1302

Dude, aren’t you the Alloces from vD?

Your best bet is to report those things using the ingame bug report system.

Rant topic

in WvW

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

Gw2 and mechanicall inconsistencies go hand in hand especially with stressed servers and client sided postion forwarding.

Will we ever get a game where skill behavior is not russian roulette (yes exaggerating but this is a rant topic if it bugs out 1 out of 10 times it’s still to much).

The sheer amount of times that; leaps, ports, channels, cc missbehave is rather ridiculious and absurd to say the least.

So let’s list some of these amazing features that go hand in hand with the current system, and feel free to add more of these anomlies to the list that i currently miss out on.

-The lovely dodge in place after a port feature.
-The lovely midair immobilise lockdown that is here since beta.
-The beautifull porting/leaping distance cuts/cancels (not by cc but by server)
-The awesome targetting bugging out, heck at times even losing the target fire connection while still having the target up but having to retarget to actually connect again.
-Beautifull skills bypassing their 15% handicap range such as having 2k range rapid fires and 2k range engi pulls (although only pulling 1200 range back of the 2k) cause once again by the beautifull system of client sided position forwarding on stressed servers.
-The amazing input delays and at times even input ignores.
-Skills like lightning reflexes and withdraw dodging forward after a quick turn cause the server still thinks you face the other way.
-Getting hit by skills you dodged but still take the cc effect from but not the actual damage, mes sword port immobilise and hammer f1 war come to mind.
-Ofcourse our random obstruct bug and out of sync ghosting can’t be left out either. (out of syncing happening a great deal on vapor form ele’s and swiftness dolyaks)
-And the great i pushed you off a cliff only to see the server place you on the edge again as bonus feature mention.

And while i’m sure this list is much longer these currently spring to mind, and then we haven’t even mentioned the actual bugs that are bugged by coding and not by client sided behavior affecting the skill mechanics.

Neither will i list any of those related to gameplay but i will list a few known regarding to siege.

-Breakout siege is still a mystery when it comes to which wvwvw skills effect it and which don’t, when for instance looking at the ram the cd reduction applies but the rest doesn’t work.
-Then when we focus on the ram a bit more using our third skill to push people of repairing for instance, has a pretty big chance to go numb when put in que after a normal ram attack, thus leaving the ram useless for 3 turns till it works again.
-The mortar skill 5 can be used by holding down the turning and aiming where you want it to land without having to actually turn it in place (which is a good thing for usablity, but a bug nevertheless in this format and should perhaps just work like this instead)
-Balista speed on bolt adding a lower angle making the extra distance you gain later on useless in some situations, why do we have to sacrifice angle for speed? and if we do why is this not mentioned in the upgrade.
-Radius animation of canons often doesn’t reflect their proper effect radius, this is specially noticed on bumpy terrain, and to be fair not only related to canons but also to plenty other skills (line of warding comes to mind, takes effect half-1step from actual animation)
-Wouldn’t really call this a bug but i’ll mention it as bonus aswell, treb shots are supposed to be unblockable but obviously cata bubbles can absord it wether intended or not it should be reworded proper to reflect which of these is true.

Anyway guess i’m done ranting for now, wether people read it or not likely won’t matter as none of the issue’s related to server sided position forwarding on stressed servers will ever be adressed, since gw2 model focusses on numbers rather then stability which is obvious from an income point of view but sad for those who would like gw2 to grow in terms of potentional and for that it first has to be polished.

You can add to the list that the Keep and Stonemist textures are not aligned properly.
But all of this should go in the bug report, as someone else suggested.