Ready Up: 5/30 @ 12PM PDT

in WvW

Posted by: Josh Davis.6015

Josh Davis.6015

Next

Hey folks,

Tomorrow on “Ready Up” I’ll be joined by WvW Principle QA Jessica “Wuv Doctor” Boettiger to talk about the WvW Spring Tournament, including a FAQ on the end-of-tournament rewards. See you there.

When & Where:
Friday, May 30th, at 12pm PDT
Guild Wars 2 official Twitch channel: http://www.twitch.tv/guildwars2

in WvW

Posted by: Delois.3974

Delois.3974

The fact you guys are posting here again AND this gives me hope that you guys still know WvW exists. Please dont stop, even id you say in a few months its better than hearing nothing.

(edited by Delois.3974)

in WvW

Posted by: TeamBattleAxe.3901

TeamBattleAxe.3901

It’s good to see some red posts in the WvW forum again. Thanks for that.

in WvW

Posted by: Talyn.3295

Talyn.3295

I have ask that in the “talk about the WvW Spring Tournament” section we might get some feed back on the issues the WvW community has had with Seasons and how they are handled?

“We have now left Reason and Sanity Junction. Next stop, Looneyville.”

in WvW

Posted by: Swamurabi.7890

Swamurabi.7890

One would hope that there will be an update on CDI status, especially after you seem to be rather chatty today.

in WvW

Posted by: Loosmaster.8263

Loosmaster.8263

I have ask that in the “talk about the WvW Spring Tournament” section we might get some feed back on the issues the WvW community has had with Seasons and how they are handled?

No, they’re going to talk about how much a success it was and what they have planned for the next Pve inclusion.

Tacktical Killers [TK]
We’re looking for players.
PM me here or ING.

in WvW

Posted by: Vermillion.4061

Vermillion.4061

At least wvw didn’t get some toxic offshoot kitten garbage this time around.

in WvW

Posted by: Wizzey.7845

Wizzey.7845

No, they’re going to talk about how much a success it was and what they have planned for the next Pve inclusion.

No reason to be so negative BEFORE they’ve even said anything. If they do this, criticize them afterward, no use whining over nothing.

in WvW

Posted by: SFShinigami.2015

SFShinigami.2015

If they say anything besides “We’re sorry, we’re never doing seasons again” then its not worth watching.

Jigglenaut/Numa Rar/Jakuho Raikoben/Tenel Ka Djo/Kurotsuchi Taichou [SF]/[LOVE]
All Hail CuddleStrike! Undisputed Empress of Tier 1!
Controlled by CuddleStrike!

in WvW

Posted by: grifflyman.8102

grifflyman.8102

So happy to see some developer comments towards WvW!!!!!

in WvW

Posted by: Pavel.8531

Pavel.8531

I saw the title of the OP(and the themes of the conversation) and thought about saying something sarcastic, but decided to save it for after the stream.

in WvW

Posted by: Isaac.6041

Isaac.6041

Hey folks,

Tomorrow on “Ready Up” I’ll be joined by WvW Principle QA Jessica “Wuv Doctor” Boettiger to talk about the WvW Spring Tournament, including a FAQ on the end-of-tournament rewards. See you there.

When & Where:

Is that all that’s going to be on the program? It seems that most of the questions have been answered on the forum already. Well, I’ll watch anyway.

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

It’s good to see some red posts in the WvW forum again. Thanks for that.

I’ll be impressed when I see some actual development of the mode.

Can anyone confirm whether Devon Carver is still at anet? There’s been some suggestion he’s not.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: Loosmaster.8263

Loosmaster.8263

We shall see…

Tacktical Killers [TK]
We’re looking for players.
PM me here or ING.

in WvW

Posted by: Rush.8253

Rush.8253

Hey folks,

When & Where:

If you have no new information concerning “new” maps or expanding current maps, fixing bugs or exploits, fixing combat log to show condition damage, strategies to break up zergs, or any of the hundreds of recommendation from the CDI then don’t even bother talking.

Oh… and thanks for EotM, I know where to go to farm karma when I don’t want fights.

in WvW

Posted by: Hule.8794

Hule.8794

I am more worried that they will talk about WvW tournament one hour after wvw reset.
Isn’t this contraproductive? Wouldn’t it better to have this Ready-Ups for WvW one hour before reset?

in WvW

Posted by: Isaac.6041

Isaac.6041

I am more worried that they will talk about WvW tournament one hour after wvw reset.
Isn’t this contraproductive? Wouldn’t it better to have this Ready-Ups for WvW one hour before reset?

No, because the people stuck in queue can watch the program. As for the people busy fighting in WvW, well you can always view the recording later.

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

Well, the leagues end on the reset… While there is no matchup that is going to be decided on the last ticks, it’s logical that they don’t want to interrupt the last matchup of the season. The next week don’t count for anything, so losing a few people on the reset night won’t really do much aside from making some servers gain less points than they normally would.

/twocoppers

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Hule.8794

Queue? Only top servers have queue. Half of servers on roster had last queue two weeks after Tournament started.

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

Queue? Only top servers have queue. Half of servers on roster had last queue two weeks after Tournament started.

My server had a 10man queue for EB last week… I’m on the dead last of bronze league. If we can make a queue, I’m sure every other server can.

WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points

in WvW

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

In Season 3 (assuming there is a S3), can you put into the reward system a way of upgrading Mistforged weapons to ascended? Exotic/Rare doesn’t really cut it nowadays.

Remember even ascended isn’t the 1st tier, legendarys are the 1st tier, Ascended 2nd tier, Exotics 3rd tier…

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

Remember even ascended isn’t the 1st tier, legendarys are the 1st tier, Ascended 2nd tier, Exotics 3rd tier…

Legendaries give the same stats as ascended… The only difference (besides the graphic effects) is that you can change the stats of your legendary anytime.

in WvW

Posted by: Zylonite.5913

Zylonite.5913

Here is a question for you on the end-of-tournament rewards:

To clarify, we had planned for the cost of Gift of Heroes to be a combination of tickets and badges, but the item will now only cost tickets. Tournament tickets will not expire.

Why remove the badges? Isn’t badges of honor the main currency for WvW players? So why can’t we use it towards WvW rewards?

Betrayed by the gods of ANet

(edited by Zylonite.5913)

in WvW

Hule.8794

Zylonite thats easy, because achivement hunters dont have many badges.

in WvW

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

Ready up for next Season!
Starting tomorrow, don’t forget to use transfers!

in WvW

Posted by: goldenwing.8473

goldenwing.8473

“We are pleased with the results of our first Swiss style tournament for season 2”.

Will probably be one of their opening statements.

Hope for all those interested, that there actually is some detailed info provided, and that the questions raised on the forums regarding previous rewards are also answered.

Not expecting much else to be addressed, as I am sure they will be focused on Tournament results/rewards and only those things specific to that topic.

That’s reasonable, for the moment, even though the WvW community has larger concerns.

BG: 52 alts, 29 lvl 80’s. They all look good, so I am done with the game: Oct 2014

in WvW

Posted by: Deli.1302

Deli.1302

Is this going to be like the last WvW Ready Up and end in like 15 minutes without taking any questions?

in WvW

Posted by: Rebound.3409

Rebound.3409

I am 90% sure they will just go on stream to cover their fail with excuses like “everything worked as intended” “we are glad it went the way it did” and congratulate servers for a toxic, pathetic and exploitable win in either matchups that were already as stable as possible or tell servers that “it’s ok not to actually play wvw in order to come on top 3 places because that’s how it’s intended”

All they ever say is they did a great job and everything went the way they wanted. I honestly don’t expect much more of a mentality from them anymore.

These excuse-streams have become a circus act.

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

Zylonite thats easy, because achivement hunters dont have many badges.

Eh? I don’t think so… Some achievments needed to be done on EotM, and EotM award so many badges… I can make 1k+ Badges doing a full matchup (4 hours) on EotM.

in WvW

Posted by: Pinkamena Diane Pie.8054

Pinkamena Diane Pie.8054

Wow indeed, a red post!

And who is this Jessica person, we havent even had an intro post from them yet…..

The WvW Forum Poster Formerly Known As Omaris Mortuus Est

in WvW

Posted by: arKRazor.8654

arKRazor.8654

Red posts now appear
External validation
Cautious hope is born

Halfpint Sapper – Poorly-traited Asuran Engineer/CatHound/Part-time Warbanner

Devona’s Rest [OHai][GloB]

in WvW

Posted by: Rock.7324

Rock.7324

Does anyone know when exactly (time wise) is the end of season 2?
It’s today if I’m not mistaking, but just don’t know the time =/

CET time would be lovely

Thank you in advance!

* ’Ko leži ne beži! *
Rockbaby – Asura Guardian, Desolation EU :)
Rockavenger – Dwarf Paladin, Bronzebeard EU :D

in WvW

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

What is there to talk about really?

Matchups are decided entirely by coverage, every game was pretty predictable (except where servers were double-teamed) and in general the scoring algorithm undermines any competitive spirit.

Swiss style meant playing the same matchups over and over again.

And let’s be frank here, NOTHING has changed about WvW for the past 9 months and very little since launch. I really don’t see what’s debate-worthy here.

in WvW

Posted by: SFShinigami.2015

SFShinigami.2015

Does anyone know when exactly (time wise) is the end of season 2?
It’s today if I’m not mistaking, but just don’t know the time =/

CET time would be lovely

Thank you in advance!

Season 2 will never end so long as you keep it within your heart.

Jigglenaut/Numa Rar/Jakuho Raikoben/Tenel Ka Djo/Kurotsuchi Taichou [SF]/[LOVE]
All Hail CuddleStrike! Undisputed Empress of Tier 1!
Controlled by CuddleStrike!

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

Looks like this Jessica “Wuv Doctor” Boettiger is the latest in a long line of people to have been lumbered with Arenanet’s least desirable position. Good luck Jessica!

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

in WvW

Posted by: KOPPER.1458

KOPPER.1458

Are you going to discuss 2v1 win trading?

in WvW

Posted by: Enigma.8461

Enigma.8461

This last season is really putting whether or not I continue in this game on the table. The incompetency to develop WvW by Anet is astoundingly bad.

in WvW

Posted by: Kagusaki.3176

Kagusaki.3176

Looks like this Jessica “Wuv Doctor” Boettiger is the latest in a long line of people to have been lumbered with Arenanet’s least desirable position. Good luck Jessica!

Yus! Good luck Jessica! We really needed someone to take charge of the wubwub forums! Show Anet what you’re made of! Hopefully charr lol

Foreman Spur – Level 80 Charrior | Firefister – Level 80 Charrcromancer
The Legion of Charrs [TLC] – Fort Aspenwood’s Finest Charr Guild
You can’t spell Fur Affinity without FA! :3

in WvW

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

Will unlocking a Mistforged Weapon unlock the lower level Hero’s Weapon equivalent? Or will we have to buy the Hero’s Weapon and upgrade it in order to unlock both?

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

in WvW

Posted by: Vague Memory.2817

Vague Memory.2817

Isn’t the Hero’s weapon just the non-glowing version of the Mistforged weapon?

in WvW

Posted by: Rebound.3409

Rebound.3409

No, it’s a badly redesigned one.

in WvW

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

Nice to have a Ready Up focussed on WvW. However, the timing, 1 hour after EU reset isnt the best one. Should have done it on Thursday…

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

in WvW

Posted by: Flytrap.8075

Flytrap.8075

Sounds like another filler episode.

Fort Aspenwood | [Bags]

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

Are you going to discuss 2v1 win trading?

noplz…

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

Fireworks still don’t work in WvW

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

What I want to know is how is Anet going to deal with the fact that the Glicko ratings system doesn’t adjust to pre-season server implosions and bandwagons fast enough? Because of it and the subsequent match-making, DB was able to leach rating from SoR for about a month which ended up forcing FA out of Gold and resulted in guilds leaving FA at the last possible moment even though they didn’t want to. Those guilds were forced to transfer due to the slow rating adjustment and poor match-making. SoR was locked into Silver league despite the fact that they STILL hadn’t settled into a new rank reflective of their population size. And here we are, 9 weeks later, three months or so since the SoR implosion, and SoR hasn’t had a fair match-up in all that time.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

I blame Taquito...

in WvW

Posted by: Zepher.7803

Zepher.7803

if they don’t talk about how terrible the whole server transfer/wvw league matchup is then it’s not worth watching, since they would be sticking their head in the sand and avoiding the most insane “system” in the digital world.

:) please just stop with the leagues until you can come up with a way to stop the insanity.

OH and gratz to all the winners

Sincerly, Me.

in WvW

Posted by: Shift Focus.9083

Shift Focus.9083

How is world association deemed? I’ve been transferred to my new server for about 2 months already and been playing wvw almost everyday, and i’m still associated with my old server? A lot of other people are having this same issue with no real concrete answers.

in WvW

Posted by: TeamBattleAxe.3901

TeamBattleAxe.3901

I blame Taquito...

pls like my vid if u cri evry time <3