Ready Up: 5/30 @ 12PM PDT

in WvW

Posted by: TeamBattleAxe.3901

TeamBattleAxe.3901

And apparently I just broke the forums!

Edit: No, wait. It’s fixed again. Maybe.

in WvW

Posted by: grifflyman.8102

grifflyman.8102

Will this be recorded to watch later?

in WvW

Posted by: Pavel.8531

Pavel.8531

So… sumup of the wvw sream: “it was so great, we liked a lot what happened, it was better than the 1st tournament, which was also great. EOTM was a great success, we liked a lot how it plays out. Rewards for this tournament will be up on 3rd of june, rewards will be this and that, soon there will be another CDI, which we will ignore as per usual, except for the things we already planned to do”… oh and they consider change of matchup durations(the only thing I approve of). Did I miss something?

I don’t even feel like being sarcastic. Just… kitten.

in WvW

Posted by: Loosmaster.8263

Loosmaster.8263

Can I say “I told you” lol

Tacktical Killers [TK]
We’re looking for players.
PM me here or ING.

in WvW

Posted by: Mattargul.9235

Mattargul.9235

Yeay, WvW CDI! Get your copy&paste combos hot-keyed, for all the stuff that’s been written on this in the last… 2 years.

Will this be recorded to watch later?

Yes, you can see it on twitch.tv as well.
http://www.twitch.tv/guildwars2/c/4362362

Dances with Leaves – Guardian – Sanctum of Rall (SoR)

in WvW

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

Remember even ascended isn’t the 1st tier, legendarys are the 1st tier, Ascended 2nd tier, Exotics 3rd tier…

Legendaries give the same stats as ascended… The only difference (besides the graphic effects) is that you can change the stats of your legendary anytime.

Tell me something I don’t know…

Legendaries are still tier 1 best in slot, any player in game will choose to have a legendary vs ascended, so that makes ascended tier 2, ie second best. Also, Legendaries have a promise by Anet to always have the best stats in game, where there is no such promise for ascended items.

Just watched the live stream, the person asking you about salvaging mistforged/hero weapons was not trolling you. The mistforged/hero weapons are only desirable for the unique skins, so with the new wardrobe system, you should hopefully be able to salvage the exotic/rare and you keep the skin and get ecto’s etc out of it. That’s why that player was asking…

A little disappointed Jessica and Grouch did not understand that because any half experienced GW2 player knows that…its basic stuff.

in WvW

Posted by: NeuroMuse.1763

NeuroMuse.1763

I hope the WvW CDI will be something on a completely different level then what has happened with previous CDIs like the ‘lets pretend it didn’t happen Ranger CDI’. As it stands now not much positive has came out of them aside from ANet at least confirming some fears with a ‘nope nope nope, won’t happen’ here and there but hey that F2 responsiveness! ~_~

When the WvW CDI happens be extremely thorough in all your reasoning especially if you shoot down certain player ideas and complaints. Instead of just deleting posts as it’s harmful to the community as it does nothing but breed discontent and create a toxic atmosphere more so than some posts that may be in question.

If the time isn’t available to properly handle responses to questions brought up or to interact with player suggestions it should be avoided all together.

(edited by NeuroMuse.1763)

in WvW

Posted by: MarkusParkus.8467

MarkusParkus.8467

Just watched the live stream, the person asking you about salvaging mistforged/hero weapons was not trolling you.

That was me! Sorry, was kinda trolling.. The new skins aren’t that appealing and I got 3 greens from the Season chest, was hoping for a decent reward!

Furious Scumbag, Raging Scumbag & Geologist Greywind
[NOX] & [Coma] – Gunnar’s Hold.

in WvW

Posted by: Shadowresli.3782

Shadowresli.3782

Just watched the live stream, the person asking you about salvaging mistforged/hero weapons was not trolling you.

That was me! Sorry, was kinda trolling.. The new skins aren’t that appealing and I got 3 greens from the Season chest, was hoping for a decent reward!

wow, they massivly improved their rewards, got 2 blues and one green last season (this season i don’t know, cause i haven’t got the chest yet)

on a sidenote: you know this is wvw, the chance for a decent reward is the same as hell freezing over

proudly wiped by RG and Funny Sunny Bunny

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

Well, even if you were trolling, Megabob’s assumption make sense… I’d salvage it too for some extra Ectos and Dark Matter since all I need is the skin and I already have at least exotic quality weapons (Some toons already have ascended).

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Posted by: Zylonite.5913

Zylonite.5913

Decent rewards? In WvW? Dude what you been smoking? PM me the name if the dealer.

Betrayed by the gods of ANet

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Are you going to discuss 2v1 win trading?

They discussed the 2v1 on a previous episode.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: Ulion.5476

Ulion.5476

They congratulated themselves on a doing a better job this tournament in comparison to last one. More players completed the meta. They stated that the CDI on WvW season will start soon. They have an idea on how to fix some of the problems this season. The best idea that boetiger mention was reduce the duration of a match. Nothing else was mention no quality of life changes to wvw yet :P.

My idea would be to have weekend match-up and a weekday match-up. Weekend match-up lasting from friday to monday. Weekday match-up lasting from monday to friday. The weekday tend to be when coverage issues begin so Weekday match-ups will be mostly about coverage while weekend match-ups will be able pulling OT and weekend warriors.

Ele – Tarnished Coast
“Quoth the raven nevermore”
Platinum Scout: 300% MF

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

They congratulated themselves on a doing a better job this tournament in comparison to last one.

Really? Cause I hated S1 and S2 was worse. They complete ballsed up the scoring system to the extent that it made the season more meaningless than S1, this was a major major design flaw that even cursory modelling would have shown up.

Anyway I don’t care, I’m out of the game from today on a full time basis I will probably check in occasionally but I’ve finally had enough.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: Ulion.5476

Ulion.5476

Really? Cause I hated S1 and S2 was worse.

Well I think that t1 gameplay is horrible in comparison to t2 gameplay. This season playing to win made it that much worse. It should be fun to win not boring.

Ele – Tarnished Coast
“Quoth the raven nevermore”
Platinum Scout: 300% MF

in WvW

Posted by: Mark Katzbach

Previous

Mark Katzbach

Content Marketing Manager

To clarify some of what was said on today’s episode. There were improvements made to the tournament between the last one and the one that wrapped up today and we believe that some of these improvements were better for the tournament as a whole.

This isn’t to say that the spring tournament was perfect and no changes will be made. Quite the contrary. The purpose of next week’s CDI will be to gather organized feedback from you guys, the players, to allow us to make better informed decisions in changes to make for the next tournament.

The best thing that you as players can do is to give informed, constructive feedback. Let us know what you think worked, what you think didn’t work and what changes you believe would make a more enjoyable tournament for everybody. Whether you believe it or not, we do care about your feedback and our goal is to make the next tournament more fun and engaging.

Please continue to discuss and give feedback in the relevant threads until the CDI thread goes live. We will be reading your feedback, both in the CDI and elsewhere. We can’t always respond and we can’t give definitive plans for the future immediately, but we are paying attention and we are taking your feedback into account.

in WvW

Posted by: Robin Hood.3850

Robin Hood.3850

Please end lockouts for WvW tonight’s reset. There should be no more lock outs the moment this season ends.

Dyein
Twitch.tv/Dyeingaming

in WvW

Posted by: SkylightMoon.1980

SkylightMoon.1980

To clarify some of what was said on today’s episode. There were improvements made to the tournament between the last one and the one that wrapped up today and we believe that some of these improvements were better for the tournament as a whole.

This isn’t to say that the spring tournament was perfect and no changes will be made. Quite the contrary. The purpose of next week’s CDI will be to gather organized feedback from you guys, the players, to allow us to make better informed decisions in changes to make for the next tournament.

The best thing that you as players can do is to give informed, constructive feedback. Let us know what you think worked, what you think didn’t work and what changes you believe would make a more enjoyable tournament for everybody. Whether you believe it or not, we do care about your feedback and our goal is to make the next tournament more fun and engaging.

Please continue to discuss and give feedback in the relevant threads until the CDI thread goes live. We will be reading your feedback, both in the CDI and elsewhere. We can’t always respond and we can’t give definitive plans for the future immediately, but we are paying attention and we are taking your feedback into account.

Were not as interested in Seasons as we are new content/features for WvW. We want lesser populated servers to have a fighting chance in these matchups because new systems would be put in place that balance it out, systems that don’t allow coverage to win. We want a new map in the rotation for WvW maps, perhaps one to replace ebg. We want new siege/new tower upgrades, and SMC to be revamped. We want WvW bugs to be fixed that have been here for over a year.

Do all of that and another WvW season would be welcomed because then it would be anyones game. The server who wins truly is the best, not simply winning because of coverage. Imagine an sPvP matchup bracket where one team has 1 player, another has 5, and some have 3. Who do you think is going to win? Thats kind of how WvW is right now and thats why seasons are boring, because PPT doesn’t mean anything, only people go for the fun fights. Please address these things and stop talking so much about how we can make tournaments more exciting. I’ve just listed you a few things that would greatly help and that the playerbase have suggested.

in WvW

Zylonite.5913

We as players, have given more useful feedback regarding WvW than any game studio would ever deserve.

After 3 months of no response from the devs regarding any of our feedbacks, are you really asking us to repeat those again?

I wonder how many people actually watched the FAQ today counting out the TP flippers and if anyone would still bother writing pages of suggestions…

(edited by Zylonite.5913)

in WvW

Posted by: Test.8734

Test.8734

My FAVOURITE thing in this interview was how SOOTHING and pleasant Jessica Boettiger’s voice is. The ArenaNet people should get her to talk on MORE WvW stuff.

Other than that, it wasn’t REALLY that interesting.

in WvW

Posted by: Tajz.9826

Tajz.9826

Season2 was a complete failure in regards to my server’s view. We all know the match schedule, JQ & TC teamup both server with a pact alliance. Both JQ/TC shared commander names amoung each others, going in the same teamspeak, never attack each others at all, always focus on BG from the reset til the score gap goes 30k+. They kept doing it the entire season (after the first match that they lost).

Not only that arranged cheated 2v1 (not normal 2v1), they also come up with “win-trading” to allow them to fix the last matchup JQ/TC equal score point to decide on their own 1v1 (because they know SoS isnt a threat) but without BG in the mix. Some of their guilds take leaves at certain weeks to allow the opponent win. (Arranged win-trade)

This is not something we want to see during Season3.

Now to fix:
-Do not reveal matchup schedule at all. Only give them estimated duration (like est.4 weeks, we will tell you when the league is over).
-There must be some better pairing than with the fixed score. SoS is better ranking in the end than BG but they keep losing to all the tier1 (JQ/TC/BG) telling you is just a wrong system.
-You gotta admit the league system doesnt really work at this game. There is too many coverage difference from T1 servers (JQ/TC/BG) and T2 servers. Simply put, there is no way you will see SoS/Mag/DB beating JQ/TC/BG evenif they teamup because they lack of coverage real bad (and some of them dont even care about PPT). If you let us know the match schedule, it can then be predicted and arranged just like S2.
-The fact that you didnt know at all when the league end, and who will you get pair with, make it IMPOSSIBLE to predict, thus less likely for a arranged alliance. Also it give reasons for ppl to go all out during the period if they want to win, no matter who they will face. The unknown factors must be there to prevent matchfixing/alliance.

Also please give us something new in WvW before S3 or the WvWvW game might falling apart because ppl are now bored with the same old stuff. WvW rank isnt going to cut. My 2cent.

[LP][HB]Nirvii, Proud Elementalist of Thai Alliance
Commander of Blackgate
Vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyRsSk4l0T4

(edited by Tajz.9826)

in WvW

Posted by: Flytrap.8075

Flytrap.8075

Mark, with all due respect, you guys have received ridiculous amounts of feedback and not much has come of it.

Asking for more at this point is just insulting.

Fort Aspenwood | [Bags]

in WvW

Posted by: NonToxic.9185

NonToxic.9185

Something that concerns me happened when The Tiger was talking about the weapon set rewards. She said “we got” the weapon sets, referring to herself as well, and that they were happy to be able to offer these rewards this time around.

Does that mean the poor WvW team has been asking for changes/better rewards/attention this whole time, only to be shut down by the boss? That would be depressing, because its the WvW team taking all the flak.

in WvW

Posted by: Tajz.9826

Tajz.9826

Simply put here are my proposed better S3 system:
-Estimated Duration 4-5 weeks (Fixed for anet but for us unknown) and the match up pairing unknown
-Matching via points but getting how many points not only fix to who is winning but also related to PPT difference amoung each server.
Example: Winning 1st with score difference to 2nd place of 0-30k give you 5 points, while if winning 1st with score difference more than 30k give you 6 points.
[BUT never tell us your score criteria or then it can be predicted]

This way, people will need to fight hard regardless all the odds to get their win, since they will know nothing at all and cannot predict the matchup so that there will be no permanent cheesy 2v1 alliance.

[LP][HB]Nirvii, Proud Elementalist of Thai Alliance
Commander of Blackgate
Vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyRsSk4l0T4

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

Simply put here are my proposed better S3 system:
-Estimated Duration 4-5 weeks (Fixed for anet but for us unknown) and the match up pairing unknown
-Matching via points but getting how many points not only fix to who is winning but also related to PPT difference amoung each server.
Example: Winning 1st with score difference to 2nd place of 0-30k give you 5 points, while if winning 1st with score difference more than 30k give you 6 points.
[BUT never tell us your score criteria or then it can be predicted]

This way, people will need to fight hard regardless all the odds to get their win, since they will know nothing at all and cannot predict the matchup so that there will be no permanent cheesy 2v1 alliance.

So, simply put, what you want they to do is say “Hey, there will be seasons, but you won’t know when it gonna start or when it gonna end so you won’t double team blackgate a server in your matchup” and let the kitten happen… That’s sound plain ridiculous and not appealing to bring the PvE crowd to help low population servers (Even if it only last few weeks).

If the matchups were actually scheduled like on season 1, the chances of a 2v1 happening would be much lower, as you wouldn’t have control of who is going to be your next oponent (The schedule was already determined prior, and you won’t have the 3 same server on a second matchup). Did it happened on season 1? Yes it happened in 2 isolate matchups, unlike on season 2 where the 2v1 lasted the entire season.

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Posted by: thaooo.5320

thaooo.5320

How many more thousands of feedback do we need to give ANet?

Has ANet seriously not taken on board ANYTHING?

In 2 years there has been 3 small changes and 1 big change which was EOTM which didn’t even add anything to WvW, it added to PvE.

Nobody asked for orbs to return, it gives more power to the stacked servers. ANet brought those back despite community outcry.

Nobody asked for an insignificant PvE karma train map. ANet made this on its own.

When will the players matter to ANet?

How many more years will it take for ANet to provide WvW with a dedicated and passionate dev team?

We can only give you suggestions so many times before we simply stop caring like ANet stopped caring about WvW 2 years ago.

ALL IS VAIN.
PvP modes are the “endgame” in all MMOs.
Stop failing at PvE, and fix WvW/SPvP. Thank you.

in WvW

Posted by: yanniell.1236

yanniell.1236

[…]Do all of that and another WvW season would be welcomed because then it would be anyones game. The server who wins truly is the best, not simply winning because of coverage. Imagine an sPvP matchup bracket where one team has 1 player, another has 5, and some have 3. Who do you think is going to win? Thats kind of how WvW is right now and thats why seasons are boring, because PPT doesn’t mean anything, only people go for the fun fights.[…]

Cant stress that enough.

[HUE]

(edited by yanniell.1236)

in WvW

Posted by: Buffy.9246

Buffy.9246

Let’s just be honest here…Anet just want us to feel important with the Cdi. They ignore everything people say and do another fail season, the next one(already been said there will be a 3rd) will be a complete fail worse then s2.
Anet really just wants $. If they truly cared about the game, they would have done it lol ago and stopped catering to the pve care bears who complain at every little thing. Sounds like blackgate to be honest…

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Let’s just be honest here…Anet just want us to feel important with the Cdi. They ignore everything people say and do another fail season, the next one(already been said there will be a 3rd) will be a complete fail worse then s2.
Anet really just wants $. If they truly cared about the game, they would have done it lol ago and stopped catering to the pve care bears who complain at every little thing. Sounds like blackgate to be honest…

Actually, it seems as if there may be new WvW leadership at ANET. If that is the case, maybe there is hope for this next CDI.

in WvW

Posted by: SFShinigami.2015

SFShinigami.2015

I honestly don’t for a second think you’ll listen to anything I have to say, but you asked for constructive feedback so here it is.

If you want to improve seasons you will not ever do them again. WvW is inherently taxing on time because numbers are ultimately the final decider. You can’t do anything without people. To coincide with that you have numerous holes on all servers, even T1, that benefit from even 1 or 2 more people being online. That translates to people playing longer than they should, maybe 30 minutes, maybe 3 hours depending on how dedicated they are and how much they want it. This is relatively fine because one week your server can push, the next they can take a break and everythings cool. You throw hardcore competitiveness into it and you end up with people playing 15 hours a day multiple days a week at weird times. People are lucky if they can even do one stint like that let alone an entire weeks worth. The end result is they don’t really want to play anymore because the fun is gone and nothing remains but pain. Now put it into the context of a season, especially a season in which you do not know when you can take breaks. Now you have MONTHS of people pulling ridiculous hours, burning themselves out because they want to win. Granted its their decision to play those kind of hours, but people are inherently competitive and will do this. Entire servers will do this. What you have left at the end of the season are a winner who is satisfied they won, but burned out and may not even come back to the game after they’re recharged and every other server who is not satisfied, is also burned out and may not come back to the game after they are recharged.

World versus World is taxing enough on those who try and go the extra mile for the win. Seasons make it worse. If you really are listening and care at all about your playerbase at large, you won’t do seasons ever again. Seasons are not a success. They never were. This is not me being bitter. My server was 2nd the first time and 1st this time. This is me trying to salvage a game mode I love.

Jigglenaut/Numa Rar/Jakuho Raikoben/Tenel Ka Djo/Kurotsuchi Taichou [SF]/[LOVE]
All Hail CuddleStrike! Undisputed Empress of Tier 1!
Controlled by CuddleStrike!

in WvW

Zylonite.5913

Hi Mark, with all due respect, there was already plenty of good suggestions posted in the WvW section of the forum.

….All you need to do is check the trash can of the forum and read those suggestions removed by the mods.

in WvW

Posted by: McWolfy.5924

McWolfy.5924

Yeah. We dont need another cdi while the ranger cdi is not done. Nothing happened there. And if u want ideas pls read wvw forums

WSR→Piken→Deso→Piken→FSP→Deso
Just the WvW
R3200+

in WvW

Posted by: SemmlerTh.2685

SemmlerTh.2685

Please do not say “continue to give constructive feedback” – because you clearly showed in that last livestream, that you are not willing to accept “constructive feedback”.

The right terms for you to put is, “we wanna work on XXX; What do you suggest for XXX?” – cause anything else will be deleted from you anyway.

in WvW

Posted by: Rhaegus.8924

Rhaegus.8924

-snip- quote about asking for feedback and CDI

A question in all honesty:
Do you guys really believe that yourselves?

I mean…really?

in WvW

Posted by: Pinkamena Diane Pie.8054

Pinkamena Diane Pie.8054

Wow so many negative comments guys….

Here’s a video to put a Smile HD on your face:

rated 15

The WvW Forum Poster Formerly Known As Omaris Mortuus Est

in WvW

Posted by: Jamais vu.5284

Jamais vu.5284

It’s silly that you still do those Ready Ups that obviously don’t get much attention.
The reason being that you talk at us but not to us. The one demographic that seems to be your audience, core WvWers, has no reason to watch it.
There are many issues and community developments that WvW has that could be discussed — note, discussed. Just because your streamers discuss a game matter doesn’t mean the company should feel pressured to instantly deliver. In turn, just because you don’t want to commit to said “pressure” doesn’t mean you shouldn’t give your streamers that freedom so they can create an actually relevant discussion.

in WvW

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

What i want is for this kind of stuff to be more permament.

We had to wait nearly two years for some new and unique WvW skins, and they are tied to a temporary event, scarcely available and even unavailable to many. For a resource thats only earnable for a limited time, through achievements that are also available for only a limited time.

People have been asking for skins and gear to work towards since launch. And when it finally happens, its a temporary thing. And many players are told “sorry that your server isnt stacked enough, you wont get the cool skin till after next season”. Which might be another 6 months.

And yes, the scoring system was horrible. The matchings were horrible. People should get the same reward if they complete the meta, or make people get a personalized reward.
You guys just introduced that new tiered reward system in PvP. Wouldnt something like that fit in WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Conner.4702

Conner.4702

You have giving zero indication that this is going to be any different from the others so why should we bother? Until Anet starts adopting a less arrogant and condescending attitude towards its playerbase I see zero reason to have anyone participate in another CDI when nothing has ever come from the previous ones. So tell me what are you going to do different this time? The best you can do is start treating people with respect and show you are willing to change. Anet often wants respect and goes so far as to demand it. Well anyone that demands respect does not deserve it. You want respect you will have to re-earn it by being humble and admittibg to mistakes. Not just saying you made mistakes, but which mistakes and what you learned from that. Communicate actively with the community talk to people not just ask questions or blind feedback.

Until you come out of your ivory tower nothing will change. People will remain hostile until it escalates so much you end up with a dead game. The best thing for Anet is getting their head out of the sand and learn to talk to people. Treat people as you want to be treated basically. Only then will things be able to start moving forward again.

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Actually, it seems as if there may be new WvW leadership at ANET. If that is the case, maybe there is hope for this next CDI.

This is exactly what people said the last time there was new WvW leadership at Anet. The time for benefit of the doubt has long passed for Anet.

in WvW

Posted by: Virtute.8251

Virtute.8251

If there is new WvW leadership at ANet, and the previous round (Devon) did not announce departure as his predecessor (Habib) did, and this is paired with Josh stepping out then back in and that not being mentioned until he was back in the fold…

… seems to me that Devon wants to do things that his bosses wouldn’t greenlight.

Either that or he has fallen ill or something.

Legendary PvF Keep Lord Anvu Pansu Senpai
RvR isn’t “endgame”, it’s the only game. Cu in CU.

(edited by Virtute.8251)

in WvW

Posted by: Laylie.5703

Laylie.5703

Whens said CDI coming I just typed a 1250 word document for this thread then saw that theres a CDI.

|Biggus|QT|Jade Quarry|

in WvW

Posted by: Spurnshadow.3678

Spurnshadow.3678

One of the things that blew my mind is when they were discussing S1 vs S2 and the topic of que times came up. One of the benefits of this season is how we can go to EotM to get our meta and do something while we wait. I think that is a great addition.

However, Jessica states that she heard that there were que times of up to 3 hours, but never experienced them because she played on a lower tiered server. I don’t understand how someone who is the head of QA isn’t playing on mulitple servers. Wouldn’t you play a few times out of the entire season on a T1 server, or all three at some point just to get a feel for what is going on? I don’t understand this.

Blackgate Native. It takes tremendous strength and skill to pull a lever.

in WvW

Posted by: Puchbol.9035

Puchbol.9035

How about fixing the manifold issues with the existing implementation before sticking more stuff on? From on-map communications issues, to bots & hacks, griefing, and accurately tracking people’s worlds and achievements, there’s a great deal of stuff now that doesn’t work. Six help us all if you try to add anything more to such an unstable foundation.

If anything actually does get implemented; CDI should stand for Cosmetic Developer Interaction, because it only appears to be actual bidirectional communication as opposed to the busywork it feels like.

in WvW

Posted by: Spurnshadow.3678

Spurnshadow.3678

How many more thousands of feedback do we need to give ANet?

Has ANet seriously not taken on board ANYTHING?

In 2 years there has been 3 small changes and 1 big change which was EOTM which didn’t even add anything to WvW, it added to PvE.

Nobody asked for orbs to return, it gives more power to the stacked servers. ANet brought those back despite community outcry.

Nobody asked for an insignificant PvE karma train map. ANet made this on its own.

When will the players matter to ANet?

How many more years will it take for ANet to provide WvW with a dedicated and passionate dev team?

We can only give you suggestions so many times before we simply stop caring like ANet stopped caring about WvW 2 years ago.

It’s attitude like this that doesn’t help at all.

There’s always something that can be improved. We wanted a new map for the longest time. They gave us EotM and it’s brilliant. It is a beautiful and really well designed map. Is the fact that people turned it into a karma farm Anets fault? Maybe partially due to the high incentive structure, but it is also the players fault as well for bandwagonning that. There’s nothing preventing you WvW guilds from going in there every now and then and owning face.

I personally would love to see a map like this in actual WvW. Someone else made a thread asking for a city map. I thought that was brilliant. I think if you had one more, tri-balanced, city map, then you could get rid of the boarderlands and just keep EB, put EotM in WvW proper, and the new map. Keep EotM as a duplicate overflow map as well.

But more importiantly, it did help alleviate que times which we were complaining about for the longest time. Not only that, but they actually did implement a system that give you your approcimate wait time, so now, we don’t have to stare at our screen for 15 minutes or 2 hours or whatever. EotM also got the super casual player out of WvW, a welcome addition for me as I want people who care about PPT, people who are geared for fights, people who will get into TS.

They improved server preformance drastically since launch. I myself experience almost 0 lag and I play at highest settings. I do understand that there are still many who experience lag, and I’m sure that Anet is working towards making that better eventually. But compare that to what it was like at launch and it’s night and day.

They got rid of culling.

They put in a system to get armor and weapons for badges. OK, it’s a really lame system as all the gear is just karma gear from around the world, and it does cost a little gold, and some of the stat choices are missing. One huge, huuuuuuuuge grip for me here is since they got rid of transmutation stones, all this gear is worthless. But, they did put in a system.

I am by no means an Anet fan boy. Heck, look at my signature. It’s just that the attitude of Anet sucks, they do nothing, when actually, they have, bothers me. If I put myself in their shoes, and I read something like this, I’d just gloss over, and probably start speeding past the rest of the threads. Yes, I feel they could be doing better. Yes, I think they should be listening more and focusing on what the players want rather than what they think we might enjoy.

Blackgate Native. It takes tremendous strength and skill to pull a lever.

in WvW

Posted by: yanniell.1236

yanniell.1236

Noone cares about PPT.

[HUE]

in WvW

Posted by: Mindtrick.5190

Mindtrick.5190

If this was Game Of Thrones Anet is Ned Stark.

Got Ninja?
https://www.twitch.tv/mindtrick714
<3 and Hugs no Hate I Just Point Out Fail.

in WvW

Posted by: Waikd.4632

Waikd.4632

To be fair, all that so-called feedback that you expect Arenanet to have received is spread over the forums, in threads filled with negativity by frustrated and jaded players, and mostly comes down to general WvW complaints.

To add in on the feedback:

In my opinion WvW Season 2 was an improvement over season 1. The meta achievement was quite reachable, and the season rewards were enticing. The battle historian and the way server association were determined are in my eyes a positive changes, as was the lock out for new recruits before being able to join the matchup.

Areas in which there is still room for improvement are in my eyes:

• Free transfers to low ranked servers before the tournament. In hindsight these completely ruined the experience for some servers, as they created massive imbalances in player population on them.
  • Match-up system. Although it is nice to see matchups change occassionally, I think it is futile in a game type that is in the end ruled by coverage and population. I noticed that in the NA gold tier, the weeks in which one of the big three faced a lower ranked server, it ended in a blow-out. There is no way to avoid this besides using the ELO rating for every server as the main determinant of matchups.
  • The rewards for reaching the individual achievements of the meta were stale and predictable. ‘More bloodstone dust? Throw it on the pile there…’ The individual achievements furthermore gave no opportunity for distinction. This could be achieved by having some extremely difficult achievements for example, that are rewarded accordingly.

The final and most important point I would like to raise is that you should carefully examine whether the WvW demographic really wants a tournament. It is a very nice way to have new players try it out, and it pushes everyone just that tiny bit harder, but is that really what WvW’ers care about?
WvW is run by a tight-knit community of dedicated players on my server. These people raid daily, and do so for hours on end. I would daresay this is a niche in which you currently find a lot of players with a more ‘hardcore’ mindset than in the rest of the game. The people I see around me are not motivated by the shinies or some silly achievement. WvW is a game of strategy, coordination and theorycrafting for us.

Does the tournament really add value for your core demographic? In the aftermath of week 9 – for those of us that are not burned out from running overtime raids at least – it’s business as usual. A more casual player will have gotten a different message: “it is not fun to fight an intense uphill battle for 9 weeks, I should just move to a server with better coverage”. It hurts server morale, burns out core players and provides very little for the players that are intrinsically motivated. The time spent on organizing a tournament would have been (in my eyes), much better spent on fixing the core mechanics of your mass PvP system.

(edited by Waikd.4632)

in WvW

Posted by: Zee.1294

Zee.1294

When Anet realize the WvW is a competition end NOT just Fun then will see some progress …till then ..SDI this end SDI that but nothing will change
The potential of WvW is astonishing but for some reason Anet think that one Def is enough for that…
People are giving feedback for last 2 years end all do some things have changed the fundamental part of WvW is the same sins launch .
Just look at the season 2 rewards end how flow they are. The system works for equal bases ..but guess what…WvW is not equal. Top5 geting something..the rest..well you guys gona wait till next summer …eeeeek
People are asking for GvG sins i can remember..well we got the stadium but no system in place for proper GvG
People are asking for new maps..well we go Etom but that is not actually part of WvW
Common Defs…change the landscape in some of the maps..honestly i,m getting teared of ruining south camp ,north camp for 2 years.
They are many more great feedback treads like WvW rank icons for example that people are asking for you guys just need to open you heart for WvW end trust me one Def wont going to cut it..
I hope this time around i,m wrong end you guys really want do do something about WvW…
Have a nice day !

Viggen ( SF ) warrior – JQ
Want some…..come get some !

in WvW

Posted by: Shadey Dancer.2907

Shadey Dancer.2907

I am very sorry to have to say this—-but if you havn’t heard the feedback to date (and it has been constant) you cant have been listening!

in WvW

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

The WvW tournament was just the same WvW as usual. Nothing was done to make it feel remotely new.
It would have been different if you added:
3 different borderland maps perhaps? Some different challenges every weeks? Elements that would affect gameplay? New Siege weapons? New traps? A PPT system for EOTM? New WvW specific skills? Improvements in the Stonemist battle (discussed for like 25 pages in feedback thread)? Gameplay improvements to the ruins area (that is now totally neglected)?

But since nothing new was added how could our feedback differ from the one we gave previously?

Anyway here is some feedback:
The borderland maps now looks and feel REALLY REALLY REALLY old in comparison to season 1 where it just felt REALLY old.