Ready Up – Episode 21, 8/29 @ Noon PDT

in WvW

Posted by: Mark Katzbach

Mark Katzbach

Content Marketing Manager

Hey everybody,

This week on Episode 21 of Ready Up, Josh will be covering competitive event updates and will be joined by Competitive QA Embed, Jessica Boettiger to talk about the WvW Fall Tournament. Stay tuned until the end of the show for the final installment of the Skill Bar with Karl McLain where he will preview upcoming changes to the guardian and necromancer professions.

Date/Time: Friday, August 29 at 12:00pm PDT (19:00 UTC)

in WvW

Posted by: Reborn.2934

Reborn.2934

first question ( i don’t have twitch account ) :

most of guardians right now and after april’s patch have problem to clean ( when he is roaming , not in zergs with shout /trooper builds ) the heavy conditions that some classes apply on them .

is there any fix on this issue ?

second question :

what happened to Cleansing Bolts after april’s patch ?

(edited by Reborn.2934)

in WvW

Posted by: Distaste.4801

Distaste.4801

Serious question, will you be discussing the big issues with the WvW tournament like servers already tanking to get better matchups? Or server stacking? Coverage/bad scoring system? These tournaments are absolutely meaningless without addressing these issues. Perhaps you’ll discuss the damage these tournaments ultimately do to the community? I can’t adequately put into words how much I wish you guys would address some of the elephant sized issues before pushing another tournament, that goes for SPvP too.

in WvW

Posted by: McWolfy.5924

McWolfy.5924

I hope they solve the wvw achivement problem

WSR→Piken→Deso→Piken→FSP→Deso
Just the WvW
R3200+

in WvW

Posted by: Synosius.9876

Synosius.9876

coverage, stacking, politics are part of the game. it would take several weeks to down rank I think

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Question: Why did ANET implement the exact same 6-9-9 structure in NA? It was boring last time. This time it will still be boring, just for a shorter duration. We need more varied matchups. At this point even unbalanced matchups are better than fighting the same servers all the time.

in WvW

Posted by: Pinkamena Diane Pie.8054

Pinkamena Diane Pie.8054

Josh

Gotta hand it to server X who have come up from the bottom of bronze tier and showing the other veteran silver tier servers how to fight

Yes because yet again this wont be due to mass transfer of guilds to other servers, nor the tanking some servers may do again.

Please can we have someone who actually knows what they are talking about and knows the real issues in this mode?! Not someone who’s on blobgate!

P.S. Permanantly banned from posting on your twitch channel for asking about GvG. Thank you for letting us know you care.

The WvW Forum Poster Formerly Known As Omaris Mortuus Est

in WvW

Posted by: yanniell.1236

yanniell.1236

I know that u guys will only talk about positive things and all the excitement™, but would be nice if u could talk about coverage issue and the broken ppt system.

[HUE]

in WvW

Posted by: Banzie.5248

Banzie.5248

This is just gonna be a 5 minute section at the end of the show guys. Josh will make it about PvP and the Classes more then WvW somehow.

Isle Of Janthir

in WvW

yanniell.1236

Plz, plz, plz, talk about how u guys feel about servers merge!

[HUE]

in WvW

Posted by: Pavel.8531

Pavel.8531

I’d propose a driking game with a sip for the words “exciting” and “excited” and a gulp for the sentence “we are happy/content/proud”, but I fear the audience would drop dead drunk in the first 3 minutes…

in WvW

Posted by: Dano.5298

Dano.5298

Will there be any chance a bottom tiered server will get some kind of handicap or balance system so that we don’t loose immediately after the season starts?

Ev
[SQD]

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

Will there be any chance a bottom tiered server will get some kind of handicap or balance system so that we don’t loose immediately after the season starts?

My friend you’ve already lost.

in WvW

yanniell.1236

It’s like in gold league: 3 servers will fight for the 3 first places and the other 3 servers will just be steamrolled for 4 boring weeks.

[HUE]

in WvW

Posted by: Dano.5298

Dano.5298

My friend you’ve already lost.

hehe well we try anyways!

Ev
[SQD]

in WvW

Posted by: ykyk.2740

ykyk.2740

Look the server that got stacked is doing so well against servers that didn’t get stacked, props to them!

Server that got stacked is really going on a tear recently, we’re so Excited™ to see what the future holds for silver league this time round!

in WvW

Posted by: Virtute.8251

Virtute.8251

Josh

Gotta hand it to server X who have come up from the bottom of bronze tier and showing the other veteran silver tier servers how to fight

Yes because yet again this wont be due to mass transfer of guilds to other servers, nor the tanking some servers may do again.

Please can we have someone who actually knows what they are talking about and knows the real issues in this mode?! Not someone who’s on blobgate!

P.S. Permanantly banned from posting on your twitch channel for asking about GvG. Thank you for letting us know you care.

Josh was in Anvils Last Stand on AR for two weeks c. 2012, while he was casting for guru. He wasn’t interested in WvW, and couldn’t be bothered to rep the guild or raid with it: just wanted to (barely) see what it was like in the biggest WvW guild on his home server.

He’s still casting and still playing Engi errday, so I doubt his WvW GAF has changed, either.

Don’t be surprised when an sPvP-focused employee behaves as if the WvW leaderboard is meaningful in a Team v. Team sense, rather than its reality as a descending sort on the server list in respect to manpower over time.

Legendary PvF Keep Lord Anvu Pansu Senpai
RvR isn’t “endgame”, it’s the only game. Cu in CU.

(edited by Virtute.8251)

in WvW

Posted by: DevilishLyx.2340

DevilishLyx.2340

I’m so Excited™
And I just cant hide it
I just get infracted whenever I try it

in WvW

Posted by: Smokee.1754

Smokee.1754

/bump .. its starting now

[HB] Herfolge Boldklub – Competitive online gaming since 2001
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLY5l_0BX0TrarJeOLpDXAFTLtiCkygRtC
Nominated “Internet tough guy” 2013 by Tarkus

in WvW

Posted by: Smokee.1754

Smokee.1754

Thanks for the good responce on our video guys, and thanks Anet for sharring it

Here´s the link to those who asked for it:

[HB] Herfolge Boldklub – Competitive online gaming since 2001
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLY5l_0BX0TrarJeOLpDXAFTLtiCkygRtC
Nominated “Internet tough guy” 2013 by Tarkus

in WvW

Posted by: McWolfy.5924

McWolfy.5924

the wvw comic style video was epic at the end

WSR→Piken→Deso→Piken→FSP→Deso
Just the WvW
R3200+

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

That was a great video. So great that I’m not even going to make a snarky comment about actual WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: Eliandal.8735

Eliandal.8735

Look the server that got stacked is doing so well against servers that didn’t get stacked, props to them!

Server that got stacked is really going on a tear recently, we’re so Excited™ to see what the future holds for silver league this time round!

I can tell you what’s happening in Silver right now ;P – the top 4 or so servers are desperately trying to out tank the others so they don’t take Maguuma’s rapidly falling place.

Would be so easily solved by locking rankings at announcement – you’d think that after 2 seasons of this happening ArenaNet would realize this – but hey – guess it would cut into transfer sales!

Cuthache | Ranger
OTG!
Yak’s Bend!

in WvW

Posted by: Brutal Augus.5917

Brutal Augus.5917

“I’m really excited to see how this tournament will play out.”

…well let me give you a rundown/prediction
*Massive amounts of players will transfer to the designated bandwagon server for their tier.
*The bandwagon servers in their tier win every matchup.

watching that episode of ready up only further affirmed that you do not play WvW. Ever.

[varX] Limitless Potential

in WvW

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

“I’m really excited to see how this tournament will play out.”

It’s the same old 2 maps with the same old matchups and the same old tactics. It will play out the same as usual except people will get a weapon skin at the end.

WvW will not feel different until new maps are added to the PPT rotation.

in WvW

Posted by: Virtute.8251

Virtute.8251

“I’m really excited™ to see how this tournament will play out.”

FTFY

Legendary PvF Keep Lord Anvu Pansu Senpai
RvR isn’t “endgame”, it’s the only game. Cu in CU.

in WvW

Posted by: Pinkamena Diane Pie.8054

Pinkamena Diane Pie.8054

I’m really excited to see which servers end up with the most coverage and players.
It’s hard to tell right now, everyone’s looking at each other wondering right now. You can feel the anticipation as players hover their cursors over the gem purchase tab.

Once the announcements are made by the big WvW guilds it’ll be a scramble to get to the servers they are moving to. I cant tell you how excited I am to see that!

Based on the previous tournament, let’s hope that the lower tiers can learn from server X that just because they are currently in bronze and put in the same amount of effort that allowed server X to dominate silver league! Man I was so excited seeing server X, the underdog of silver league, putting all that effort to push down veteran silver league WvW guilds.

I am so excited I cannot wait to see how this tournament plays out.
Oh btw I’m on Blackgate [smug smile]

The WvW Forum Poster Formerly Known As Omaris Mortuus Est

in WvW

Posted by: Stilk.6312

Stilk.6312

How can you even describe those WvW serv tournaments as competitive ? There is nothing about competition in having more players+better coverage than other servers.

Try and imagine a sport game that says : Only the team with the most different nationalities and the biggest amount of players will win.

Can’t you understand that competition is supposed to be based on a simple fact : Teams must be equal.

(edited by Stilk.6312)

in WvW

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

This is Axyd from AR TWIN.
I might know some of you in here, and completely agree that lower tier servers are getting kittened right up the kitten by ANET, the least they could do is buy us dinner (ex.. give more wvw tournament stuff to lower tier servers that are no doubt going to get their kitten handed to them in new season).
The fact that a useless tool such as Josh has any say in the changes proves just how kittened up ANET is by listening to people who don’t know a kittening thing about how non-stacked servers are suffering right now.
Just a few hours ago i had a massive spat in my guild about trying to stay motivated for new season and get some practice on friday night resets at the least and couple times a week with smaller groups.
I tried to motivate myself to do server reset night to get some practice, first thing i noticed was Anvil Rock was outmanned from minute 0 of reset.
Twice Anvil Rock tried to take SM, twice we almost had it, twice we got wiped for being out manned and not standing a chance vs SF zergs, and not talking slightly outmanned either, talking like 3+ times our numbers.
This is just a miniscule example of how kittened the WvW system is.
I used to do wvw daily for at least 1 hour to help the server, but usually ended on multiple wipes while being outmanned, after couple months of this i stopped all together, having no motivation left to help the server, as they will just end up being bottom tier permanently and barely have any people to do anything.
Anvil Rock spiked to mid-tier and i was part of that in [CRIT], used to love the fights and feeling like i was helping the server.
Well after a lot of guilds went to “better” servers the crash soon took place.
Then season 2 we got couple of guilds in and were no longer last in rankings, season 2 ends and guilds left, yet again Anvil Rock got kitten on.
What burns me the most though is ANET thinking they are doing a good job at managing Guild Wars.
I got over 3K hours and haven’t had a single precursor drop, my guild leader with over 6k hours and no precursor has seen his inventory until i got spark from forging in the mystic piece of kitten forge, i gave it to him in the hopes he would keep motivated to continue to lead us, because once he leaves the guild is done.
I ask you what the kitten have you done to ACTUALLY improve the game?
Because all i see is horse kitten after horse kitten (ex…Silver salvage-o-matic) being put into the game and being called good.
I’m telling you from the bottom of my heart, you need to get your kitten back together and actually start giving 2 kittens about the player base that feeds you.
Stop the wvw tournament all together until you get the kittening wvw system ACTUALLY fixed.
Start merging low population servers so they actually have a chance vs stacked ones.
Fix the garbage RNG loot drop system.
Fire all the idiots making kitten decisions and sinking the game. (ex… a free precursor for china players, now you just kittening insulting me while spitting on my face and asking for my money to support a broken system)
And yes i did support the sales, bought 5 character slots and minor outfits
You can see i spent couple hundred $$ supporting the game, and what say do i have in the direction the game is heading?
None, this will surely be my 3rd strike on forums and highly doubt anyone from ANET/NCSOFT will listen to any feedback i give.
But as i care a lot more about the game than sucking it up and let broken be broken, i felt i just needed to call you on your bullkitten.
Get your kitten together, thats all i ask.

Sincerely Axyd and a LOT more players that know the game is broken but dare not say it.

I know it’s hard to get a good sized TWIN group together in WvW, which sucks because that is a pretty decent sized guild. I’m going to send you an invite to TM, you don’t have to rep and we always have people in WvW that you can run around with.

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

in WvW

Posted by: RedStar.4218

RedStar.4218

Are we missing something only Anet can see ?

The only people I’ve seen excited about a new WvW tournament are those excited to get more AP and a karma train rolling (that was after S1. Now that we have EotM, you don’t have to wait for a tournament).

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

I wonder how that female on the show can actually pretend to be excited about this new “tournament”. It is the same boring mess as tournament 2, just shorter. Why can’t they see that?

in WvW

Posted by: ykyk.2740

ykyk.2740

I wonder how that female on the show can actually pretend to be excited about this new “tournament”. It is the same boring mess as tournament 2, just shorter. Why can’t they see that?

They have to convince people otherwise, of course.

The more frightening alternative is that they genuinely think this would be exciting in which case WvW is 100% doomed.

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

I’m really excited to see which servers end up with the most coverage and players.
It’s hard to tell right now, everyone’s looking at each other wondering right now. You can feel the anticipation as players hover their cursors over the gem purchase tab.

Once the announcements are made by the big WvW guilds it’ll be a scramble to get to the servers they are moving to. I cant tell you how excited I am to see that!

Based on the previous tournament, let’s hope that the lower tiers can learn from server X that just because they are currently in bronze and put in the same amount of effort that allowed server X to dominate silver league! Man I was so excited seeing server X, the underdog of silver league, putting all that effort to push down veteran silver league WvW guilds.

I am so excited I cannot wait to see how this tournament plays out.
Oh btw I’m on Blackgate [smug smile]

I’m just as excited as you are!

in WvW

Posted by: Wick.1280

Wick.1280

I’m unamused, can you quit fooking around with guardians?