Reality check for people qq-ing about invisible enemies

in WvW

Posted by: Assassinin.4963

Assassinin.4963

Chill people. You make it seems like invisible enemies issue is the end of the world and the end of this game. You guys have probably been too pampered. I have been playing with a 2 second lag behind all of you since day 1 of my MMO experience 8 years ago. And all these while, all of you are INVISIBLE to me for a full 2 seconds before I see you.

You have a headstart on me for a full 2 seconds and if you don’t kill me in that 2 seconds, I will start my retailiation. Unfair advantage on me. Sure. But hell, learn to deal with it. You may not be good to kill 1000 enemies, but with some experience and practise of predicting your enemies moves 2 seconds ahead of time, you probably can still kill 500 of them.

Unknown perhaps to you, many players are playing with the handicap of lag and ‘invisible’ enemies all these while.

When you reach that level of zen in MMO pvp after years of unfair advantage, you don’t need to see. You SENSE ahead. ‘Invisible’ enemies is least of the problem. The ‘Invisible’ enemies that can dealt huge damage within first 2 second is THE problem because you don’t have the chance to response effectively when you actually sense their presence. It like starting a fight with a 100% hp enemy against your already depleted 40% hp. But we deal with it.

in WvW

Posted by: Jedbacca.6297

Jedbacca.6297

I think that people are probably more upset with the fact that they paid for a working product and that product is not functioning as intended. Anet has always been pretty good to us in all of their games, I’m sure they will get everything together soon.

Minister Jed/Jedsus Saves GM of Strike Force[SF]
www.strikeforceguild.com – JQ SINCE 1836!
Guild of United Soviet Quarry www.jadequarry.com

in WvW

Posted by: Xsorus.2507

Xsorus.2507

Obviously being able to see the person i’m fighting in combat has pampered me in previous games

boggle

http://www.youtube.com/user/Xsorus/videos?view=0
Natures Ninja and Pain Inverter – Ranger PvP movies
http://www.twitch.tv/xsorovos

in WvW

Posted by: FrozeNuggz.7219

FrozeNuggz.7219

Your wrong Assassinin, its not a 2 second internet latency issue. Its a 20 second, 30 second, 1 min, or a whole 10 min fight with most of the people not loading. It has nothing to do with connection latency, or system settings, or bad client PC. Its a broken video game and as anyone who’s played MMO’s for years knows, its something like this that can sink a video game.

Shaniquia Johnson – Frozenuggz [KnT] Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: Xandax.1753

Xandax.1753

Chill people. You make it seems like invisible enemies issue is the end of the world and the end of this game. You guys have probably been too pampered. I have been playing with a 2 second lag behind all of you since day 1 of my MMO experience 8 years ago. And all these while, all of you are INVISIBLE to me for a full 2 seconds before I see you.

You have a headstart on me for a full 2 seconds and if you don’t kill me in that 2 seconds, I will start my retailiation. Unfair advantage on me. Sure. But hell, learn to deal with it. You may not be good to kill 1000 enemies, but with some experience and practise of predicting your enemies moves 2 seconds ahead of time, you probably can still kill 500 of them.

Unknown perhaps to you, many players are playing with the handicap of lag and ‘invisible’ enemies all these while.

When you reach that level of zen in MMO pvp after years of unfair advantage, you don’t need to see. You SENSE ahead. ‘Invisible’ enemies is least of the problem. The ‘Invisible’ enemies that can dealt huge damage within first 2 second is THE problem because you don’t have the chance to response effectively when you actually sense their presence. It like starting a fight with a 100% hp enemy against your already depleted 40% hp. But we deal with it.

Comparing oranges to kittens.
A product is broken; it does not matter you have awful lag.

in WvW

Posted by: Nightwind Of Dwayna.3250

Nightwind Of Dwayna.3250

Hey bro,

Sorry your Internet connection sucks, which I think you’re saying is the cause of your problems for the last eight years, if I’m reading you right. That’s no good at all for you, you have my sympathy.

However, the rest of us largely have stable, fast interwebz. We do not wish to experience life as you do. Thus the QQ. Some people have bad interwebz, duly noted. Those people are at a constant disadvantage anyway. This is impacting what now is not the minority of people, but everyone. So this is a little different from having a bad ping.

But yeah, you have my sympathy.

Nightwind Of Dwayna – Guardian
Unknown Warriors [UW]
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Xasapis.9237

Xasapis.9237

Both enemies, friendlies and NPCs become permanently invisible the more you stay in a battleground. It has nothing to do with lag. The only way to know friendlies are there is via minimap, the only way to know enemies are there is via tab target and the little red arrow that should have been on top of somebody’s head.

I can (and have done it) literally go in the middle of a 50 enemies cluster, attack somebody and kill him without anyone else knowing what’s happening, as long as I’m not facing the main attack direction.

WvW currently is BvB (Blind vs Blind)

TBH on Gunnar’s Hold

in WvW

Posted by: Gankfest.4965

Gankfest.4965

It’s annoying yes! Will it get fixed…? Most likely. Will it bee soon…? Hopefully!

I was never worried, I don’t know what the deal is… More queues less QQ fixes the issue. :P

Gankfest™ ~ <PRX> ~ JQ
80 ~ Thief/Guardian

in WvW

Posted by: Spetrix.3859

Spetrix.3859

This also isn’t about 1v1 “activate retaliation combat”

This is about large scale 20 vs 20 battles where everyone needs to know what the ebb and flow of the fight is.

If you can’t see your enemies retreating or how many of them are down vs your own team, how do you know when to push or retreat?

How about just flat out running into groups of 5 people that you didn’t know were there on the way back to a keep.

Like everyone else states here, you have my sympathy for your bad internet but this is a huge problem that changes WvW mechanics.

Spetrix l 80 Sylvari Thief l Yak’s Bend
Grawls Gone Wild (GGW)

in WvW

Posted by: VorLeX.6197

VorLeX.6197

I too have be pampered and spoiled, every game i have ever played I’ve been able to see the players I’m playing and fighting with. Shame on me for expecting to see other players in this MMO…

in WvW

Posted by: Kuthos.9623

Kuthos.9623

This isn’t even an issues with enemies suddenly appearing out of nowhere like they did before the last couple patches. This is an issue with enemies AND allies being invisible for 30+ minutes in a battleground and you can’t see anyone. All you can do is tab target and hope you dont get run over by an invisible zerg. It’s game breaking and makes pvp unplayable.

A while back it was bad, but not this bad.

in WvW

Posted by: Konrad Curze.5130

Konrad Curze.5130

life has pampered and spoiled me. 30 years of being used to see….ahhh, if only I was blind irl

in WvW

Posted by: katniss.6735

katniss.6735

Reality check online. Nice try.

Server: Maguuma – Leafy Lass – Elementalist (WvW)
Guild: Bill Murray [Bill]/ [DERP]
twitch.tv/mlgw2

in WvW

Posted by: Erebus Delirium.4892

Erebus Delirium.4892

Hahahaha says the “Assassinin.” WvW was already a Thieves playground, the new rendering issues have made the competent ones gods.

-Tarnished Coast since the beginning

in WvW

Posted by: SpecterMAT.7306

SpecterMAT.7306

Here is what is really bugging me:
I try to kill somebody at WvW, and sometimes when it runs away and in 2seconds IT VANISHES.
Like vanishing into another world or to the Moon! Disappear! No trace!
And it’s not because it really went somewhere far far away. No!
Just the culling doesn’t really want to show it to me that it’s still alive and it’s about 2meters away from me!
So I just run around and saying: WUT?
Then I get killed by it’s ranged weapon from nowhere (I still don’t see it.)

Happened to me a very very lots of times since 2 days now!

in WvW

Posted by: Thorgrum.4679

Thorgrum.4679

When you reach that level of zen in MMO pvp after years of unfair advantage, you don’t need to see. You SENSE ahead. ‘Invisible’ enemies is least of the problem

I found this part of the OP to be the best. I sense B.S. ahead.

in WvW

Posted by: Shintai.5618

Shintai.5618

How dare people demand a working product. Lets smithe them!

in WvW

Posted by: Recently.1043

Recently.1043

As annoying as it is not being able to see your allies and enemies, i gotta say, i get alot less fps lag these days. I’m honestly so used to trying to attack invisible things (i have a habit of mashing the “1” key at all times now) that it doesn’t really bother me anymore. Especially true in PvE and farming Orr events; if you can see the mob, and you try to attack it/tag it, you’re already too late haha…….

Call me when this game gets fixed…. if it ever does….

in WvW

Assassinin.4963

Comparing oranges to kittens.
A product is broken; it does not matter you have awful lag.

My point is: you have inflated an ant to become a kitten. While some of us having been sucking lemons all these while, we never complain. In fact, orange would be a heaven sent compared to the sucky lemons we got thus far. And you guy would perhaps also complain that the orange is sour and not sweet enough. Go suck a lemon and you know.

in WvW

Posted by: Xasapis.9237

Xasapis.9237

Are you being sarcastic or are you genuinely defending the current broken state of WvW and GW2 in general?

Personally I haven’t seen such a buggy mess since the launch of AoC.

TBH on Gunnar’s Hold

in WvW

Posted by: Raap.9065

Raap.9065

I just checked in on my reality. It told me serious bugs like this prevent me from having fun, so I should stop playing untill it is resolved. It also told me I should let developers realise exactly how bad the problem is.

To explain how bad it is, allow me to show you this picture of WvW:

Yeah, nothing. Reality check: Game is broken, please fix it.

Swift Mending – Guardian
Thorny Scrub – Thief
Desolation

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Awesomeness.1804

Lord Awesomeness.1804

Well, I must say I have enjoyed the ghost mode they’ve put me in recently, because I’ve been trying to finish exploring the WvW zones on my elementalist. Before, enemy players would just kill me when I tried to sneak into a keep to get a PoI or vista. Now, they don’t know I’m there to stop me!

Seriously, because of this problem I’ve actually finished all four WvW zones. Thank you, ghost mode!

(PS – Invisible battles suck. I always wonder how I die, because obviously the enemy saw me to kill me, but we’re all invisible, so they must be hacking.)

in WvW

Assassinin.4963

Are you being sarcastic or are you genuinely defending the current broken state of WvW and GW2 in general?

Personally I haven’t seen such a buggy mess since the launch of AoC.

I am just trying to share a perspective that things are not so bad really. I too have this invisible players issues from time to time. It does affect play abit but not very much, at least to me, as I have mentioned having gotten used to ‘invisible’ player phenomenon all these years.

I can still “Finished” the invisible enemy and I can still “Revive” the invisible friends. I can still land damages on enemies etc etc. just like normal.

Ok, we just landed a sour orange. But it is not so bad as a lemon which some players seems to make it out. I am quite ‘unforgiving’ of game bugs and my sarcasm will crit for a tonne if it is seriously impacting play like having made to patiently appreciate the screen reload art painting for extended period of time while you hear your comrade screaming and dying out there on SPVP battleground. That is PREVENTING play. However, invisible enemies don’t prevent play. It just hinders only. Not so bad. It is a small bump. Not an Everest.

in WvW

Posted by: Kso.6458

Kso.6458

Invisible enemies dont prevent play. It just hinders only.

lololol, I admire your positive attitude, thats for sure.

in WvW

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

They have a temporary fix where they put a second loading screen in WvW that freezes half the time. Forcing you to alt+F4 out of Gw2 and going back into the queue. This resets the invisible enemies and then you can play again, once you get in that is.

/sarcasm

in WvW

Posted by: Orikx.9671

Orikx.9671

As others have pointed out your lag compared to a broken game are not in any way shape or form remotely similar.

It’s like comparing two people with the same car. Both brought the car brand new and drive it off the lot. Person A immediately drives their car off the road into a tree because they never learned to drive. That is their fault.
Person B drives the car off the lot and the car burst into flames. Person B has a right to be mad about their brand new car bursting into flames.

Your lag is your own fault. Granted you may be in an area that has poor service(I am in this boat) but it’s not Anet’s problem that my lag sucks. Going into WvW and having everything completely invisible is a problem with the game. AnEt needs to make sure their car doesn’t burst into flames the second I drive it off the lot.

Orikx
Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

Posted by: StarFreeze.3812

StarFreeze.3812

Obviously being able to see the person i’m fighting in combat has pampered me in previous games

boggle

lol by far the best response I’ve read.

@OP, I guess some of us like to see where our enemies are to line up shots and do AOE on groups. We also like to know how many of them their are in the area. This isn’t people disappearing for 2 seconds, this is everyone outside of your group disappearing for several minutes. Tab target around can give you a target but it doesn’t give me all the other information I need for things like AOE, retreating, charging, and etc.

in WvW

Posted by: Mouse.3271

Mouse.3271

I think the OP is misunderstanding how much worse the problem has gotten within the last week or so, since the last patch on Sunday. The point about being patient and dealing with it a little has some legitimacy but I think they’re unaware that this is not a “2 seconds and they are visible problem”, it’s become a “players both friendly and enemy are invisible permanently unless you re-log” issue. It’s gone from mildly annoying and bearable to being unable to play properly – and if you’re on a tier 1 WvW server, the queue really discourages you from trying to log out to fix it.

I hope the OP realizes that what they’re addressing (culling issues before last week’s patch) and what’s actually happening (culling issues after last week’s patch) are two entirely different things.

There’s a reality check right back at you, OP.

in WvW

Posted by: nornh.9280

nornh.9280

One more reality check: everyone being invisible is a huge deal, even ArenaNet would admit it. Does it make the game unplayable? No, because everyone isn’t invisible all the time. But if this problem persists and it seems like it’s going to be a permanent fixture of WVW, very few people will continue to play. So yes, it’s an Everest, especially to the continued success of GW2.

So instead of being patronizing to people for complaining, you should thank them for raising their voice and hopefully brining a resolution to this issue quickly. We only want GW2 to be a great experience- this will lead to lasting success, expansions, and additional support in the future. Your mindset will only lead to GW2 being a game people used to play.

in WvW

Posted by: Stiv.1820

Stiv.1820

I’ve been in WvW almost the entire time leveling to 80 and at cap and have hardly run into this issue but then again I stay away from the blue icons on the map. Zerg less, have more fun!

in WvW

Posted by: CC Charles.3675

CC Charles.3675

Community Coordinator

Hi,

Please stick to this thread if you want to speak about this issue.

Thank you for your understanding.