Really Anet?

Really Anet?

in WvW

Posted by: Nusku.3941

Nusku.3941

“We’ll also be changing scoring so that each enemy player killed in WvW will grant 1 point of War Score to your team. This change was made in order to allow players who focus primarily on killing enemy players to contribute more to the team’s overall success.”

What makes you think we care about points per kill? It seems like Anet never reads forums, they ignored the fact about the new maps being too big, they ignored the fact that there’s too much tower hugging, they ignored the fact that alliances are a player based thing and not a thing they can control, and they look like they’ve never even been to WvW. Al ot of commanders are leaving the game at a rapid rate but Anet doesn’t even see that. Chances are WvW will die, Siege’s Bend will stay on the top, and the game will be pve only pretty soon.

Really Anet?

in WvW

Posted by: medusashadow.3567

medusashadow.3567

It a total shame what they have done to wvw.

Really Anet?

in WvW

Posted by: Mystle.4538

Mystle.4538

Lol yea huge slap to WvW players faces. GG game over

Really Anet?

in WvW

Posted by: briggah.7910

briggah.7910

ppk has been asked for for a very long time. Not sure where OP has been and there is even a thread about it where lots of players gave feedback. Don’t take what I say the wrong way as I’m just as frustrated as everyone else but when post like this come up it looks like not even the wvw’ers would every agree on any change made..

Player Vs Everyone
youtube channel - twitch channel

Really Anet?

in WvW

Posted by: RedBaron.6058

RedBaron.6058

PPK will be abused by people with accounts/friends on opposing servers.

“Blackadder: If you want something done properly, kill Baldrick before you start.”

Really Anet?

in WvW

Posted by: Mystle.4538

Mystle.4538

This is ridiculous. No one even cares total amount of points that much.

Really Anet?

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Don’t worry, they’re only one or two years behind: once they fix the issues from 2013 and 2014 maybe they’ll address the problems of today. When you see them making an announcement about how they will fix Golem Week, you know they’re getting close. Maybe 2018?

Really Anet?

in WvW

Posted by: esparta.7028

esparta.7028

they never implanted rewars becaus it was easily exploitable because of accounts/friends on other servers, but now they push the ppk even though it’s as easy exploitable as the rewards

Really Anet?

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

These features have been asked for by the wvw community for years now. They did a test for ppk like over a year ago, and then it was never heard about again, (which means it’s something that could have already been running for the past year). They’re only throwing it back out there now since they need to calm/stall players till the big overhaul is ready. But at this time a lot less players care about points anyways.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

Really Anet?

in WvW

Posted by: Spurnshadow.3678

Spurnshadow.3678

PPK has been asked for by most of the WvW community, although I think most agree that PPS is better as PPK promotes blobbing.

Blackgate Native. It takes tremendous strength and skill to pull a lever.

Really Anet?

in WvW

Posted by: Silverthorn.8576

Silverthorn.8576

may be fix the population imbalance first could have been a good idea…

Really Anet?

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

“We’ll also be changing scoring so that each enemy player killed in WvW will grant 1 point of War Score to your team. This change was made in order to allow players who focus primarily on killing enemy players to contribute more to the team’s overall success.”

What makes you think we care about points per kill? It seems like Anet never reads forums,

They communicated these intended changes a while ago and asked for feedback, the feedback for PPK was almost universally positive so I’d say you were wrong.

My issue with thw announcement is they are implementing the new rally mechanics seemingly without much testing despite people expressing reservations about the consequences of it.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

Really Anet?

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Funny that one is so quick to bash Yak’s Bend for potentially benefiting from the system when they have a k:d ratio of 0.78…

And now, I’m off to craft more superior siege to make a fortune.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

Really Anet?

in WvW

Posted by: illenos.5134

illenos.5134

Funny that one is so quick to bash Yak’s Bend for potentially benefiting from the system when they have a k:d ratio of 0.78…

Wait! Why?! Why would you craft superior siege? There’s no use for it in a dead game mode or am I wrong? O.o

Awwdorable – roaming princess, awesome qq’er,
incredible flamer, part-time forum warrior, salty as
kitten!

Really Anet?

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

PPK is something that should have been in WvW since release. Glad to see them put it in but I do agree this doesn’t detract from the other WvW issues.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

Really Anet?

in WvW

ArchonWing.9480

Wait! Why?! Why would you craft superior siege? There’s no use for it in a dead game mode or am I wrong? O.o

Someone’s buying it.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,

Really Anet?

in WvW

Posted by: KayCee.4653

KayCee.4653

Don’t worry, they’re only one or two years behind: once they fix the issues from 2013 and 2014 maybe they’ll address the problems of today. When you see them making an announcement about how they will fix Golem Week, you know they’re getting close. Maybe 2018?

Unless they add something else that causes everything they currently have to be broken beyond belief. Then that “Maybe 2018” date will get push forward to the point when the game shuts down… lol

But all kidding aside, PPK with the pops like they currently are for lower tier servers is well… Only in EBG and only at ‘x’ hours. I can see it being abused like everything in the game from meta builds, to secret tricks. However, with it only being 1 point per kill, that is not a lot, but given current WvW population especially on anything short of kitten, and T3 servers, well… I can imagine that PPK won’t really matter much unless you have more guilds doing blob v blob flights and actively hunting for blobs.

The little gank squads of say 3 thieves and x, y, z other classes… aren’t likely going to make a serious enough dent in a score. I mean look at gank squads on T2 servers, they kill what? maybe 15 people in 30 mins… I mean the squirrels that squirrel off, those running to get to the zerg, etc. I don’t see PPK being really helpful or even fun for the gank squads beyond their current reward of some loot bag.

So my question, why are they adding it right now?

Really Anet?

in WvW

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

Someone’s buying it.

Probably Yak’s Bend to overcome their crappy K:D ratio.

;D

Really Anet?

in WvW

ArchonWing.9480

To be fair, I think this does deserve some kind of concern. Perhaps a cap on specific individuals giving a point is proper enough, because yes, I actually do think people have enough time to do this kitten.

Or ban people that break the rules. Hahahahaha. Yea I know nobody believes that one.

Someone’s buying it.

;D

Well, I wouldn’t be too surprised! But let’s keep the pvf to a minimum.

Although back to the issue at hand, I’m surprised people haven’t realized that group of 30 huddled together in a tower that are just jumping out to (badly) gank their uplevel tail and run back in aren’t really looking for good fights regardless of system and perhaps wading into those red circles while futilely screaming for a ballista to be built only to realize that some kitten has perfectly placed a catapult on the stairs that can’t be hit makes it just a quite a masochistic experience.

I’ve just been through too many staring contests and decided, well, there’s something better to do with my life. Or ask some poor soul to treb them. I wouldn’t wish that on anyone, really.

On the other hand, I wonder how many times people overestimate how many defenders are in there, and suddenly that “come out and fight us!” suddenly loses its luster.

tl;dr ppters gonna ppt.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

Really Anet?

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

This is ridiculous. No one even cares total amount of points that much.

This. Two years ago; one year ago; even 4 months ago this maybe would have been an issue. Now? Who cares.

Really Anet?

in WvW

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

To be fair, I think this does deserve some kind of concern. Perhaps a cap on specific individuals giving a point is proper enough, because yes, I actually do think people have enough time to do this kitten.

Or ban people that break the rules. Hahahahaha. Yea I know nobody believes that one.

Someone’s buying it.

;D

Well, I wouldn’t be too surprised! But let’s keep the pvf to a minimum.

tl;dr ppters gonna ppt.

Sorry, I couldn’t resist. Your words prior were just placed too perfectly not to say it.

Really Anet?

in WvW

ArchonWing.9480

Like I said, minimum! :p

Really Anet?

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Although back to the issue at hand, I’m surprised people haven’t realized that group of 30 huddled together in a tower that are just jumping out to (badly) gank their uplevel tail and run back in aren’t really looking for good fights regardless of system and perhaps wading into those red circles while futilely screaming for a ballista to be built only to realize that some kitten has perfectly placed a catapult on the stairs that can’t be hit makes it just a quite a masochistic experience.

I’ve just been through too many staring contests and decided, well, there’s something better to do with my life. Or ask some poor soul to treb them. I wouldn’t wish that on anyone, really.

YB lives for those moments.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

Really Anet?

in WvW

Posted by: Cerby.1069

Cerby.1069

PPK is a good thing as long as they increase points given for all other objectives. Basically double the point values of everything else we currently have and PPK should be fit in fine. IN terms of preventing people from abusing it…..that’s another story, one where the game mechanics make it so Anet can’t/won’t be able to do anything to prevent abuse. The only counter is to increase points from fortifications and everything else to the point where PPK isn’t that huge. If it’s 1 point per kill in the current meta then taking fortifications really serves no purpose. Blob bomb small groups of enemies and port out as soon as an enemy zerg is spotted then outcamp them….new meta.

I kill you in one gunflame, or I kill you in two.
The Tiny Yuno Sniper of Ebay [EBAY]