Really? [insane bad matchup]

in WvW

Posted by: Mikau.6920

Mikau.6920

Why this keep happening? One server TWICE the rank of the other servers on the same matchup?

This isn’t fun to play on the winning side neither on losing side. This should never happen.

I really hope this is changed on HoT release.

Attachments:

Sorry for my english.

in WvW

Posted by: joneirikb.7506

joneirikb.7506

This is nothing new, this has been going on for months. It is not the fault of a bad match-up system. It is the fault that there are *4* servers to large for T3, but only 3 spots in T2.

Someone has to draw the unlucky draw and get the reject-T2 server every week. IoJ+NSP have drawn that lot for 2 months in a row.

until population somehow evens out, either by people stacking on some of the silver servers to make 2 of them equal in power to the T2 servers, or one or more of the T2 server depopulate to other servers to even out, this will go on.

And no changes to the random system, glicko, wvw, etc is going to change that.

This is a player caused problem.

Elrik Noj (Norn Guardian, Kaineng [SIN][Owls])
“Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth.”
“The objective is to win. The goal is to have fun.”

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

On top of 4 servers 3 slots, 5 v 10 v 11 makes it even more lopsided than when ioj/ nsp drew the match for months….

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

in WvW

Posted by: Baron Oakley.1539

Baron Oakley.1539

On top of 4 servers 3 slots, 5 v 10 v 11 makes it even more lopsided than when ioj/ nsp drew the match for months….

Nope, IoJ and NSP are completely sick of that ****, that’s why NSP did worse than HoD last week. IoJ has lost population after nine consecutive weeks of that **** and they even lost to CD last week (13th place).

I feel HoD/SBI’s pain, I really do – but it’s someone else’s turn.

Tar Telemmaite
Northern Shiverpeaks – NSP Pride!

in WvW

Posted by: mango.9267

mango.9267

Nope, IoJ and NSP are completely sick of that ****, that’s why NSP did worse than HoD last week. IoJ has lost population after nine consecutive weeks of that **** and they even lost to CD last week (13th place).

I feel HoD/SBI’s pain, I really do – but it’s someone else’s turn.

IoJ actually beat CD last week, but it was close because there was an active effort to drop Glicko. To my understanding, some people on NSP share our sentiments when it comes to manipulating Glicko to avoid the T3 roll.

Second Child

in WvW

Posted by: aquabat.2986

aquabat.2986

Really? [people are still crying about this]

in WvW

Posted by: party buddy.4956

party buddy.4956

Yes people are still crying about this, Many people are not crying though, but instead are just deleting the game.

The solution to the problem appears to be, let the underdog die out every time they hit the ceiling that is rank#8.
The server that reaches Rank 8 just has people quit playing wvw, and the game, and then another server can move up, get frustrated and ignored, then That server will lose people, quitting the game, quitting wvw, its an endless cycle that Anet has shown no recognition of or any interest in fixing.

this forums’ functionality is horrible…

in WvW

Posted by: Rimmy.9217

Rimmy.9217

Yes people are still crying about this, Many people are not crying though, but instead are just deleting the game.

The solution to the problem appears to be, let the underdog die out every time they hit the ceiling that is rank#8.
The server that reaches Rank 8 just has people quit playing wvw, and the game, and then another server can move up, get frustrated and ignored, then That server will lose people, quitting the game, quitting wvw, its an endless cycle that Anet has shown no recognition of or any interest in fixing.

They’re really not quitting when they hit rank 8. I had a look at your post history and the bulk of your posts is complaining about problems you’ve had in the game, key farming, letting guild leaders start keg brawls for some reason…

The servers are not completely balanced AND there isn’t a smooth progression from 24 to 1, and as has been explained there are four T2 servers in a tier where only three can fit, so one is displaced down to T3.

Want to fix that? Convince one of the four to destack to T3 levels. It’s not ANet’s fault or problem that players stacked upward like this. If you personally are not enjoying this week’s matchup, then do something else. Or find a way to make it fun. Or do whatever. But enough of the whining already – which of the other three T2-level servers would you have preferred to face this week?

Trollnado Ele – Ehmry Bay

in WvW

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

there are four T2 servers

There’s actually four T1 servers which has dislodged one of the T2 servers into T3. I say throw Fort Aspenwood into T1 for a couple weeks as a mercenary server, solve 2 birds with one stone!

in WvW

Posted by: aquabat.2986

aquabat.2986

That’s because it isn’t Anet fault or problem. You want change, blame the player base. They are alone responsible for the bonked match ups. The hordes of PvE karma trainers running blobs all night for easy champ bags jumping from server to server to the next bandwagon that decides to arise. The same people who quit after 1 week after they are too precious to handle random numbers on the WvW tab. People who think omg winning is the be all end all of WvW, when all you get for it is a few extra bonus chests for an entire week. As long as PvE fairwhether player base can train their way through WvW maps the WvW players will get boned each week.

in WvW

Posted by: Kaiser.9873

Kaiser.9873

In all honesty I’m part of the T3 matchup this week on YB, and yeah there are good fights, but no it’s a terrible matchup.

FA would be the worst matchup for T3, but YB is a close second. We are the second strongest server in T2, and yet here we are. Hopefully soon one of the T2 contenders will lose enough Glicko to drop more permanently. This will cause that server to, at least partially, destack.

What’s funny is that YB has destacked to an extent. We lost our largest NA guild, our largest EU guild, and a large portion of our SEA force. This made T2 more balanced until FA overstacked themselves leaving YB/DB/SoS in the position of needing to PPT even more than we already did to keep up.

There is a bright spot for T3 and below. Glicko is nearly gone. Soon, whichever server drops to T3 is there to stay.

in WvW

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

Nothing new here. It’s been this way since silver imploded because of no real WvW changes. Enjoy your problems.

in WvW

Posted by: Rius.7453

Rius.7453

Why this keep happening? One server TWICE the rank of the other servers on the same matchup?

This isn’t fun to play on the winning side neither on losing side. This should never happen.

I am on HoD. The other night YB poured into our BL, formed multiple blobs, and flipped the whole map green within an hour, including fully upgraded garrison and bay.

It’s not fun. No one wants to play in those conditions. Why would they? It’s just repeated losing.

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

I am on HoD. The other night YB poured into our BL, formed multiple blobs, and flipped the whole map green within an hour, including fully upgraded garrison and bay.

It’s not fun. No one wants to play in those conditions. Why would they? It’s just repeated losing.

Instead of futilely attempting to upgrade their own BL’s, HoD and SBI should be attacking YB’s BL or both attacking them in EB. Which may have happened, I understand YB EB Keep got taken is that right?

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

Instead of futilely attempting to upgrade their own BL’s, HoD and SBI should be attacking YB’s BL or both attacking them in EB. Which may have happened, I understand YB EB Keep got taken is that right?

Sometimes when vastly outnumbered the optimal PPT strategy isn’t to try to defend your stuff, but ktrain everyone else’s. It’s really boring to do too.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in WvW

party buddy.4956

For those suggesting HoD and SB work together, I don’t think you realize just how lopsided this matchup is. Even if we could somehow coordinate, and get everyone from both servers on the same page (which there is no mechanism to do that) Yaks still out numbers HoD and SB combined 2:1

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Zepher.7803

Zepher.7803

Just a thought….if there’s a new borderland map coming….did they say it would replace the old map or is it going to be a new rotated BL map OR is it going to be added as a 4th BL slot?

Sincerly, Me.

in WvW

Posted by: Blockhead Magee.3092

Blockhead Magee.3092

They said it’ll be part of the rotation but not an additional BL map.

SBI

in WvW

Blockhead Magee.3092

For those suggesting HoD and SB work together, I don’t think you realize just how lopsided this matchup is. Even if we could somehow coordinate, and get everyone from both servers on the same page (which there is no mechanism to do that) Yaks still out numbers HoD and SB combined 2:1

The thing that grinds my gears is that the difference between the top of T1 and the bottom of T2 is 250 glicko ratings. But, nobody in T1 or T2 ever get matched up. The difference between YB and SBI/HOD is 350 glicko……

Why not open up the possibility for T1 and T2 to intermingle instead of just throwing T4 servers to the wolves?

SBI

in WvW

Johje Holan.4607

I realize how lopsided it is, I’m in it (we may even be on the same server). The total population is vastly skewed yes.

Part of the reason is that people don’t like to play in such a imbalanced match. And so people don’t bother logging in. And it gets worse as the week goes along.

Part of the reason is that HoD and SBI spread their already small forces between EB and Home BL further increasing the difference. (Not to mention attacking each other).

But if both HoD and SBI were to attack YB in their own BL (or EB) then the numbers will be more even. They have to be. Even if YB can get twice as many people as HoD or SBI in their Home BL it will be even.

And if they’d both have an old fashioned style Attack on Dreadfall Bay it would be the most fun you can have in this match. In any match actually. I’d take that over any match except one that is so even the score goes back and forth all week (which is so rare as to be able to be counted on one hand the number of times its happened since launch for the server).

But you’re right, it’ll never happen because we can’t coordinate or get both servers on the same page. Too bad, WvW could be fun.

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

One of the things FA tried to commit to before we had the population we have now was to queue up YBBL.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in WvW

Posted by: Coyote.7031

Coyote.7031

Yeah that match up shouldn’t happen… the only “quick” fix I can think off the top of my head would be to drop the population cap on the maps for the match up and even then it’s not a fair or fun option. It means huge queues for every map. But since there are 7 high pop servers I don’t see this problem being resolved.

I suppose you could open free transfers to the underdog servers. Might help destack some of the 7 high servers, or bring in some folks from the lower tiers to cover the gap.

Still something needs to be done, it would be cool if Anet would weigh in and give us a hint of their plans for HoT or to combat this problem.

in WvW

Posted by: Curo.2483

Curo.2483

Lol @ when there are no tier 3 servers in the tier 3 matchup :P

For real though. as Blockhead said: why don’t the t1/2 servers ever get matched up with each other? They are a heck of a lot closer in score than the matchups we are seeing in t3 atm.

My server is really strong, but the state of WvW has driven SO MANY people away. They either leave the server because they think the server is the problem, quit their guild because they think the guild is the problem, or quit WvW because they realize WvW is the problem. It makes me sad, as someone who has worked so hard to build my server’s community, to see things fall apart because of factors out of our control.

Curo Lunesque – “Concerned Citizen and Community Builder”
NSP – northernshiverpeaks.org

(edited by Curo.2483)

in WvW

Posted by: Ragnar the Rock.3174

Ragnar the Rock.3174

This is nothing new, this has been going on for months. It is not the fault of a bad match-up system. It is the fault that there are 4 servers to large for T3, but only 3 spots in T2.

Someone has to draw the unlucky draw and get the reject-T2 server every week. IoJ+NSP have drawn that lot for 2 months in a row.

until population somehow evens out, either by people stacking on some of the silver servers to make 2 of them equal in power to the T2 servers, or one or more of the T2 server depopulate to other servers to even out, this will go on.

This is why I have been suggesting for a long time that they need to do redesigns to a few of the core mechanics in WvW.

That way numbers will not be lop sided as much & it will be less about massive blob vs massive blob.

Looking at EOTM it has some of the later mechanics built in via cliffs, choke points & multiple objectives. It just doesn’t have any advantage to defending anything.

Hopefully in HOT they address the problems or WvW will continue to lose people on allot of servers.

in WvW

Posted by: Ragnar the Rock.3174

Ragnar the Rock.3174

Yeah that match up shouldn’t happen… the only “quick” fix I can think off the top of my head would be to drop the population cap on the maps for the match up and even then it’s not a fair or fun option. It means huge queues for every map. But since there are 7 high pop servers I don’t see this problem being resolved.

I suppose you could open free transfers to the underdog servers. Might help destack some of the 7 high servers, or bring in some folks from the lower tiers to cover the gap.

Still something needs to be done, it would be cool if Anet would weigh in and give us a hint of their plans for HoT or to combat this problem.

Thing is there are high pop servers that are still high pop even though they have lost the vast majority of the players who used to do WvW.

They need to separate between home servers & WvW & get rid of the WvW having an effect on an entire server.
Otherwise you will continue to get a ton of PVE players who just bandwagon on a server for the buffs (or to follow a massive blob around because they see that as easy rewards)

There have been many suggestions on how they could do this in the past & until they come up with a system that ensures sides are facing each other with “roughly” equal numbers the problem will persist.

in WvW

Posted by: Kaiser.9873

Kaiser.9873

I am not too sure how YB got matched with two T4 servers honestly. It was like a 3% chance and whammo it happened. For whatever reason T1 doesn’t want to mix with T2 at all. You see it week after week. Whichever server starts to drop close to T2 levels mysteriously wins that next week, and the Glicko rises too high to roll T2. T2 servers don’t have the offhours coverage to really threaten any T1 servers, but NA would be sweet.

in WvW

joneirikb.7506

@Ragnar the Rock.3174

I both agree and disagree with you on this, I don’t think EotM is the solution, but that parts of it could be a part of the solution. The map while interesting also have its faults, and the cliff sides are not very popular with the vast majority of people I’ve seen so far (Necromancers excluded).

But what if, instead of falling down to die, you could fall down a good bit, take some fall damage, and have to walk a long way around again to get out of the "pit", the cliff sides would still be tactical and good tools, but not as punishing. Just an example, and it would make the EotM map look worse, this might be what they are aiming for with the new HoT map (Ziggurat).

I don’t think most people even realize we still have the WvW world bonuses to crafting etc. Perhaps up those a lot and make them WvW only ? And slap on good bunch of +% gold and MF. So we have to earn our rewards, but be able to get those high enough that we actually care?

@Kaiser.9873

It is because of how the glicko calculates the matches. (this is the simplified version, I’m no Glicko guru)

* Every server gets a RNG +/-100 temp glicko rating.
* This becomes the ratings for match-up.
* Which means that server #1 can’t be matched up with server 4 because of glicko differences.
* Server #1 takes #2+#3 as the only servers within its range.
* Same with #4, random up between 5,6,7. Let’s say 4+6+7 this week.
* Then server #5, kicked out of T2, no other servers in near glicko rating. So just grabs the next two in the list (8+9), as they are likely the closest (not close, closest!).
* The 8+9+10+11 ranked servers is separated by less than 21 glicko points last week, just imagine how much a +/-100 can alter that outcome!

There simply isn’t anyone else for them to be matched up with, and the Glicko starts at top and goes down. This means that the Top and Bottom tiers are always more stale than other tiers, since they have one less axis to move about with.

---

The only other alternative would be to do what, set server #5 up against T8 ? How do you think YB/BP/SF would fare ? Or should they make a own "reject tier" where the 3 servers that is just the most out of loop that week gets banished ? This week that would be YB+Mag+SoR ? I don’t think that would have been a fun match, and I don’t think the remaining reshuffled ranks would make for all that good matches either.

It isn’t simple a matter of saying "We don’t like the T2 server reject, take it away!" something has to be there, something has to fill in, and that server also has to go "somewhere". You can’t just say "sorry YB, you’re not allowed to play WvW this week, because you’re to big for T3."

If you feel the need to say something about this, instead of complaining about it, try to come up with ideas and solutions to how to change it. Perhaps ANet finally finds a new idea they can spin on and make a solution. They sure as kitten isn’t going to delete a server just because you don’t like playing against it and complain about it on the forum.

(That last part came out a bit more rude than I had anticipated, sorry, it wasn’t meant to be. I just don’t see the point in complaining about this the way many users do it.)

in WvW

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

This is nothing new, this has been going on for months. It is not the fault of a bad match-up system. It is the fault that there are 4 servers to large for T3, but only 3 spots in T2.

This is why I have been suggesting for a long time that they need to do redesigns to a few of the core mechanics in WvW.

That way numbers will not be lop sided as much & it will be less about massive blob vs massive blob.

Looking at EOTM it has some of the later mechanics built in via cliffs, choke points & multiple objectives. It just doesn’t have any advantage to defending anything.

Hopefully in HOT they address the problems or WvW will continue to lose people on allot of servers.

I seriously doubt a redesign is going to happen or they’d be beating us over the head with the hype already in attempt to bring back the hordes of people they know have left. And as if it doesn’t sound bat kitten insane, they’ll keep with the “it’s supposed to be imbalanced!” mantra, breezing passed the fact that there’s a scoreboard involved. They chose that as the initial cop out for bad design and now it’s probably too late to overhaul the system because it’ll tick off a lot of people who can’t deal with change.

Whispers with meat.

in WvW

Posted by: Coyote.7031

Coyote.7031

Thing is there are high pop servers that are still high pop even though they have lost the vast majority of the players who used to do WvW.

They need to separate between home servers & WvW & get rid of the WvW having an effect on an entire server.
Otherwise you will continue to get a ton of PVE players who just bandwagon on a server for the buffs (or to follow a massive blob around because they see that as easy rewards)

There have been many suggestions on how they could do this in the past & until they come up with a system that ensures sides are facing each other with “roughly” equal numbers the problem will persist.

I agree. They do need to resolve it. An idea I thought of, and I’m sure many others have would be Coalitions for WvW. Randomize the colors, still server assigned, smart match a few servers together based on past populations in WvW and then call the coalitions something like Ruby, Garnet, Fire Opal, etc for red. Similar names for the other coalitions. The number of coalitions might change per week based on the previous populations. And if suddenly everyone shows up and queues get huge, you could add a late entry and allow people on queued coalitions to change manually to the new entry(They would keep the same colour.) You could also merge coalitions if populations drop too low. Points can be accumulated individually and go back to your server’s score. So we still have ranking, scores, and we know who has the best WvW players, etc.

Even with this system though, you could still have population mismatches. The WvW population is almost like a tide. It ebbs and flows. Trying to match our fickle WvW population properly is almost impossible. And even with this system changes are tier 1 and 2 would still end up being their own coalitions without another server joining them. Tier3 is where it would kick in. It would most likely be the high server being by itself against coalitions of other servers to bring them up to par with it.

It seems like a very complex idea to solve equally complex problem. I think they should try reward tracks like have been suggested and the changes coming HoT. We maybe see things balance out on their own after the expansion release and the new borderlands come out. It might be people are just bored of WvW and of it’s meh rewards.

in WvW

Posted by: One Prarie Outpost.4860

One Prarie Outpost.4860

This is not a player caused problem, this is a Game Development caused problem – or rather a lack of rethinking the logic used.
If this is a player caused problem, perhas SBI and HoD might get better and compete against YB instead of letting YB roll them up.

in WvW

joneirikb.7506

This is not a player caused problem, this is a Game Development caused problem – or rather a lack of rethinking the logic used.
If this is a player caused problem, perhas SBI and HoD might get better and compete against YB instead of letting YB roll them up.

I am not arguing that the “design” is perfect, it sure isn’t. But ANet didn’t advertise this as balanced and fair. Had WvW played out closer to what they gave the impression off on release, we might have ended with a server randomly having 200 players on a tuesday, and nobody on wednesday, since it was supposed to be a casual "PvPvE"ish mode.

But people started moving servers to stack servers and BandWagon. It’s natural, the system allows it, and it is in human nature to generally try to side with the winning team (even with nothing to gain it seems). And that is why we have the situation we have today.

But at the same time, you can’t expect players to police themselves. So yes ANet is going to have to eventually do something about it (either make a solution or simply discard entire WvW, or just go out and say that they’re not going to do anything about it, and that it is the players problem (which they can)). But knowing them, they will try to find a solution, they are just not rushing, and not implementing anything until they feel they got a solution that can work.

But the only option they have right here and now to “fix” this, is to take a bunch of players from YB, and stuff them over on HoD and SBI. Now would you like to play against say EBay and CD for example, and ANet comes and tells you “you got to many players, so your account is now being moved over to CD, thank you for understanding. This is in according with the user agreement you signed.”

There are no quick fixes. And anything implemented hastily will backfire. And it is the way it is, because of people. So what do you want them to do ?

in WvW

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

I am not too sure how YB got matched with two T4 servers honestly. It was like a 3% chance and whammo it happened. For whatever reason T1 doesn’t want to mix with T2 at all. You see it week after week. Whichever server starts to drop close to T2 levels mysteriously wins that next week, and the Glicko rises too high to roll T2. T2 servers don’t have the offhours coverage to really threaten any T1 servers, but NA would be sweet.

Dragonbrand has the off-hour coverage to compete in T1, but not the NA coverage.

I’ve seen it mentioned a few times before on these forums that the T1 servers do actually work together to make sure they fight nobody else. They manipulate Glicko rating constantly.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

Dragonbrand has the off-hour coverage to compete in T1, but not the NA coverage.

I’ve seen it mentioned a few times before on these forums that the T1 servers do actually work together to make sure they fight nobody else. They manipulate Glicko rating constantly.

Which is too bad, fa might put up a good fight if cycled in once in awhile….. Not saying fa t1 all the time, but every now and then……

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

in WvW

Blockhead Magee.3092

@Ragnar the Rock.3174

• Every server gets a RNG +/-100 temp glicko rating.
  • This becomes the ratings for match-up.
  • Which means that server #1 can’t be matched up with server 4 because of glicko differences.
  • Server #1 takes #2+#3 as the only servers within its range.
  • Same with #4, random up between 5,6,7. Let’s say 4+6+7 this week.
  • Then server #5, kicked out of T2, no other servers in near glicko rating. So just grabs the next two in the list (8+9), as they are likely the closest (not close, closest!).
  • The 8+9+10+11 ranked servers is separated by less than 21 glicko points last week, just imagine how much a +/-100 can alter that outcome!

They need to improve their logic. Quit working from the top down and work to keep such massive glicko separation in a matchup from happening (unless their is simply no other choice).

SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Heibi.4251

Heibi.4251

ANeT should try and experiment. Have 4 servers go at it. Yes, 4 BLs and 4 areas in EBG. It would be an interesting sight to see.

Leader of Central Anime(CA)
Tifa Ran/Ranger with a Pet
Commander WvW – Henge of Denravi

in WvW

joneirikb.7506

They need to improve their logic. Quit working from the top down and work to keep such massive glicko separation in a matchup from happening (unless their is simply no other choice).

The problem is just that, there is no other choice with the way things are right now. The difference between servers even 1-2 ranks separate are just that big.

At this stage, they would need to completely rework the entire WvW game mode (points, coverage, 6+vs6+, siege, etc++) in order to make this work with the populations and population disperancy.

Because no matter how you try to shuffle servers around. there are at this stage 7 “gold” servers. In matches of 3 servers. Where does the 7th one go ? And there is a world of difference between server #7 and #8. So what are you going to do, tell server #7 that they can’t play at all this week ? Any system MUST place them in a match-up, but there are no good candidates. At all. And if the tell server #7 that they can’t play, then we’re a server short, so 2 other servers would also have to skip that week.

Also, the more #7 “farm” #8+#9, the greater chance they have (glicko) to not roll back into T3 the next week. If they just send 90% of their players to EotM for a week, and tries to play to an even score, they’re losing glicko rating like crazy, and will likely be stuck where they are. They don’t want that (and neither do you).

TLDR: Kitten if you do, and kitten if you don’t. Either ANet redesigns the whole basics of WvW, or players have to self police and even out population somehow.

in WvW

Posted by: Hamster.4861

Hamster.4861

It amuses me that you haven’t even finished your first week in T3, and this thread is already this deep. IoJ and NSP dealt with what you’re facing for 3 and a half months.

in WvW

Posted by: Nuzt.7894

Nuzt.7894

The problem is the constant stacking in attempts to create a fight tier. Now don’t get me wrong I love fights and the idea of a fight tier but when there is 4 T2 servers that are miles ahead of any server that could land in T3 it causes issues for those below T2, and the T2 server that gets tossed down.

It’s the same reason FA is currently T1.5, I never understood why all the fight guild stack only T2, would it not make more sense to stack 6 server vs 3-4 ? If both T2 & T3 were full of the fight guilds they would have a revolving door of match ups, dropping down to T3 wouldn’t affect their ability to find fight (causing them to move furthering the damage to T2).

Fights are great, I agree with this, I don’t care for PPT but having 6 servers revolving the fights vs 3-4, would make life better for everyone in those two tiers … well except the PPT heroes.

(edited by Nuzt.7894)

in WvW

Rimmy.9217

The problem is the constant stacking in attempts to create a fight tier. Now don’t get me wrong I love fights and the idea of a fight tier but when there is 4 T2 servers that are miles ahead of any server that could land in T3 it causes issues for those below T2, and the T2 server that gets tossed down.

It’s the same reason FA is currently T1.5, I never understood why all the fight guild stack only T2, would it not make more sense to stack 6 server vs 3-4 ? If both T2 & T3 were full of the fight guilds they would have a revolving door of match ups, dropping down to T3 wouldn’t affect their ability to find fight (causing them to move furthering the damage to T2).

Fights are great, I agree with this, I don’t care for PPT but having 6 servers revolving the fights vs 3-4, would make life better for everyone in those two tiers … well except the PPT heroes.

You’re absolutely right – it’s a pity that stackers can’t see something so simple.

in WvW

Posted by: rhayan.9580

rhayan.9580

It amuses me that you haven’t even finished your first week in T3, and this thread is already this deep. IoJ and NSP dealt with what you’re facing for 3 and a half months.

Its HoD 2nd week on T3, and prior to that, we did experience 6 months beatdown just 3 months ago, can’t blame TS if he don’t want to go back to having one sided matchup again

Henge of Denravi

(edited by rhayan.9580)

in WvW

Posted by: retsuya.4708

retsuya.4708

You’re absolutely right – it’s a pity that stackers can’t see something so simple.

Basically what people are saying to T1 servers more than a year ago before completely boring locking themselves out.

FA doesn’t want to experience silver league again like last year (season 2 silver) and oh hello HoD and YB

[WB] Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Rimmy.9217

Basically what people are saying to T1 servers more than a year ago before completely boring locking themselves out.

FA doesn’t want to experience silver league again like last year (season 2 silver) and oh hello HoD and YB

Is history doomed to repeat? Stay tuned!

in WvW

Posted by: papaiggy.1345

papaiggy.1345

I realize how lopsided it is, I’m in it (we may even be on the same server). The total population is vastly skewed yes.

Part of the reason is that people don’t like to play in such a imbalanced match. And so people don’t bother logging in. And it gets worse as the week goes along.

Part of the reason is that HoD and SBI spread their already small forces between EB and Home BL further increasing the difference. (Not to mention attacking each other).

But if both HoD and SBI were to attack YB in their own BL (or EB) then the numbers will be more even. They have to be. Even if YB can get twice as many people as HoD or SBI in their Home BL it will be even.

And if they’d both have an old fashioned style Attack on Dreadfall Bay it would be the most fun you can have in this match. In any match actually. I’d take that over any match except one that is so even the score goes back and forth all week (which is so rare as to be able to be counted on one hand the number of times its happened since launch for the server).

But you’re right, it’ll never happen because we can’t coordinate or get both servers on the same page. Too bad, WvW could be fun.

You clearly have no idea what your talking about. SBI isn’t spreading out, we simply don’t have the numbers. When we are running around the map outnumbered with 10-15 people and YB is flipping 2 towers and 2 camps on the same map what the hell do you expect us to do? We do what we can and try to hold or take back stuff. But every time we show up all YB does is sit in the keep or tower and build arrow carts, despite the fact that they have a 50 man zerg running around that hasn’t got the nuggets to face off a 15 man zerg.

in WvW

Posted by: Kilger.5490

Kilger.5490

When this happens free transfers to any T2 server should be in order for the one pushed down to T3.

Will quickly become a proper T3 server.

Kilger – Human Ranger
alts: Fangyre (Necro), Hardrawk (Ele);
Jade Quarry

in WvW

Posted by: tym.3791

tym.3791

The only thing the t3 guys can really do is double team the other server. Normally, Not of a fan of that kind of game play, but what other options do you have???

in WvW

Johje Holan.4607

You clearly have no idea what your talking about. SBI isn’t spreading out, we simply don’t have the numbers. When we are running around the map outnumbered with 10-15 people and YB is flipping 2 towers and 2 camps on the same map what the hell do you expect us to do? We do what we can and try to hold or take back stuff. But every time we show up all YB does is sit in the keep or tower and build arrow carts, despite the fact that they have a 50 man zerg running around that hasn’t got the nuggets to face off a 15 man zerg.

I do know what I’m talking about I’ve seen it because I am on SBI too.

Surely you’ve seen matches where we are able to keep numbers in the game? So the players exist.

The reason you end up with 10 -15 people on a map is because people feel like there is no point in coming out to play this week because its a bad match. And the reason its a bad match is because YB can outnumber us on every map.

Perhaps spreading out wasn’t the right terminology. My point was in a match like this it is hopeless to try to fight YB on their terms. Trying to play the defend Home BL and our third of EB in a match like this is just an exercise in futility. And it ends up being frustrating and demoralizing and people don’t come out to play.

But if both us an HoD were to treat it like an event. We’ve had events before to try to have fun – such as trying to take and waypoint a particular keep. And if we were to do that against YB BL Bay as an example (which I think I noticed was taken at some point) then we would be able to get people involved in something other than feeling overwhelmed by their numbers.

Because on their BL we can outnumber them. The map cap is only around 100. Even if each of us, SBI and HoD, could only muster half as many people as YB – that would still make it an even match.

in WvW

Posted by: Nuzt.7894

Nuzt.7894

All I’m saying is, there is more then enough “Fight Guilds” to spread them selves across 6 servers instead of 3. Maybe I’m way off base here but it seems to me that it would make more sense to cover the 6 servers, small to zero Queue times, dropping a Tier wouldn’t hurt your ability to fight, kitten jamming would not be as frequent, and you wouldn’t be fighting the same guilds week in and week out. The PPT heroes on each server could hump as much siege as they wanted without fear of being locked in Queue.

Its like any professional sports league, 6 teams would be better then 3-4.

in WvW

Posted by: zacharias.5437

zacharias.5437

I agree that logically it makes sense to focus on YB bl but I think it would have a further effect on server morale to give up on defending garrison and EB keep which what it would take. Most of the time we’ve been able to hold them until late Pacific time when when our pop dwindles. There have been pushes into YB bl with some success.

I’ve actually had fun this week and there have been good fights even though I still sigh when I see them putting down multiple ACs and ballista in the open field even when they overwhelmingly outnumber us. And yeah our commanders sometimes get so frustrated at their hiding in keeps that we’ll charge in against their siege way outnumbered to try to draw them out.

in WvW

party buddy.4956

well lets just see who Yaks gets tonight….

in WvW

Rimmy.9217

I do know what I’m talking about I’ve seen it because I am on SBI too.

Surely you’ve seen matches where we are able to keep numbers in the game? So the players exist.

The reason you end up with 10 -15 people on a map is because people feel like there is no point in coming out to play this week because its a bad match. And the reason its a bad match is because YB can outnumber us on every map.

Perhaps spreading out wasn’t the right terminology. My point was in a match like this it is hopeless to try to fight YB on their terms. Trying to play the defend Home BL and our third of EB in a match like this is just an exercise in futility. And it ends up being frustrating and demoralizing and people don’t come out to play.

But if both us an HoD were to treat it like an event. We’ve had events before to try to have fun – such as trying to take and waypoint a particular keep. And if we were to do that against YB BL Bay as an example (which I think I noticed was taken at some point) then we would be able to get people involved in something other than feeling overwhelmed by their numbers.

Because on their BL we can outnumber them. The map cap is only around 100. Even if each of us, SBI and HoD, could only muster half as many people as YB – that would still make it an even match.

This is an excellent post, and what you describe is one of the reasons that there are three servers in a matchup instead of two.

Playing for second is a chump’s game. Not playing a game mode you enjoy just spreads the misery on to other sads. Everybody living on #1’s BL gives you fights and flips and since you can’t play for PPT that week anyway, you can just relax about it.

+1