Reason why we can't kick offline players?

in WvW

Posted by: Branskins.9752

Branskins.9752

I have tried to wrap my head around this:

• Someone logs off without leaving the party: right clicking their portrait only gives “Report” option and not the expected “Kick from the party”
  • Traveling to Lion’s Arch allows you to kick them

This must be some architectural issue as I feel it would have been fixed a long time ago.

Can we have an update on this? Is it being worked on or is there some bigger issue?

Thanks!

Wrecking Krew [Krew] – Borlis Pass

in WvW

Posted by: DarkElvenChic.2618

DarkElvenChic.2618

Yeah, we all hate this. On a side note, HoM has a shorter loading screen. It’s best to just teach friends/guildies to leave before logging.

Commander ~ Aurora Noctai ~ Thief
Officer of Rethesis [RE] ~ Kaineng
NEO Alliance ~ NeverEndingOdds.com

in WvW

Branskins.9752

I’ve started just sending mail to the person to tell them, but a lot of people just forget every now and then. Mailing them works the best because they will get it the next time they log in

It’s not the worst thing, but having to leave to go to LA with that long load time can be annoying

I am more curious why this is happening

in WvW

Posted by: anonymouse.9053

anonymouse.9053

Or you can just leave the party and form a new one without that player, assuming you don’t have a lot to re-invite.

in WvW

Posted by: fivekiller.1432

fivekiller.1432

Its not just kicking people from a party.

Its the entire functionality of right clicking someone’s name beyond reporting them.

Here is a screenshot of me right clicking a guild member’s name in LA vs. in WvW.

Attachments:

-Desirz Matheon

in WvW

Branskins.9752

It might be easy to reform the part if there are only 3 people and one logs off, but if you have a full party and someone does it, you need to stop what you’re doing, tell everyone to leave the party, and then remember who to invite. On top of this, you cannot even right click them in the old party chat to invite them to the party because the option doesn’t show up.

Being in a large guild, a lot of people are looking for groups to WvW and I always try to invite them if we have room in our party. The fact that I cannot right click them to send an invite as well as not being able to kick people from the party if they have logged off makes this not very intuitive and convenient!

Its the entire functionality of right clicking someone’s name beyond reporting them.

Here is a screenshot of me right clicking a guild member’s name in LA vs. in WvW.

That is an awesome graphic! Thanks for that! Might help them understand our issue.

in WvW

Posted by: Krosan.2890

Krosan.2890

Yea it happnes tons of time when you can’t kick offline people or when suddenly you don’t get any options when you right click someone. Its been this was since launch and its really annoying.

in WvW

Posted by: Cactus.2710

Cactus.2710

I’ve said several times before here in these forums that it seems obvious to me that ANet has some of the worst internal communication/coordination of any software company out there, and in my opinion this is simply another example. Things that should and could easily work the same across the game simply don’t. I still remember the time that they threw down a non-critical PvE patch just two hours after the Friday reset for WvW, and there have been lots of examples of similar disconnects. Just look at the ridiculous differences in IQ level of the various race implementations (storyline, emotes, etc). Let’s face it … ANet may have some really strong talent but it is not a very well run company.

D/D Thief who prefers mobility to stealth … so yeah, I die a lot
Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

in WvW

Branskins.9752

I’ve said several times before here in these forums that it seems obvious to me that ANet has some of the worst internal communication/coordination of any software company out there, and in my opinion this is simply another example. Things that should and could easily work the same across the game simply don’t. I still remember the time that they threw down a non-critical PvE patch just two hours after the Friday reset for WvW, and there have been lots of examples of similar disconnects. Just look at the ridiculous differences in IQ level of the various race implementations (storyline, emotes, etc). Let’s face it … ANet may have some really strong talent but it is not a very well run company.

I don’t want to turn this into a hate-on-ANet thread. I don’t feel that would accomplish anything.

Most things have simple explanations for why things are the way they are.

The only thing I can think of is WvW uses some different login server or transfers your account to a different server, maybe explaining why it works in LA and not in WvW.

But who knows. I was hoping to see a response at some point about the status of this bug

in WvW

Posted by: Setch.2398

Setch.2398

It is possibly a bug and should be reported as such. And yes fivekiller, I think it works like that for everyone. Unable to invite without typing in their name or clickling them if I see them in wvw.

SOR – [Boss]

in WvW

Posted by: Catisa.6507

Catisa.6507

It might be easy to reform the part if there are only 3 people and one logs off, but if you have a full party and someone does it, you need to stop what you’re doing, tell everyone to leave the party, and then remember who to invite.

Or instead of one person doing all the work of /invite playername have each person type /join Branskins.9752 and then approve them.

Either way this bug needs to be fixed as it is very annoying and servers no useful purpose.

AR

in WvW

Posted by: Sumwun.3846

Sumwun.3846

It might be easy to reform the part if there are only 3 people and one logs off, but if you have a full party and someone does it, you need to stop what you’re doing, tell everyone to leave the party, and then remember who to invite. On top of this, you cannot even right click them in the old party chat to invite them to the party because the option doesn’t show up.

Don’t forget long names with 2 and 3 words and special characters.

Yorgy/Rumblestrip
Yak’s Bend.

in WvW

Posted by: Thrashbarg.9820

Thrashbarg.9820

That happens when you are different servers, something about the game engine not being able to jive with accounts on different servers (even if only temporary, as in the case of instances and WvW, since those are somehow technically different “worlds”).

If you were in the same map in WvW it would work like the “LA” pic, if you were in different overflows in LA it would work like the WvW pic.

It’s also the same reason there are /team and /map chat functions in WvW but they both work the same. Some big hurdle in the coding preventing easy communication between worlds.

Hats off to all the ones who stood before me, and taught a fool to ride.

in WvW

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

I’ve said several times before here in these forums that it seems obvious to me that ANet has some of the <b>worst internal communication/coordination of any software company out there</b>, and in my opinion this is simply another example.

Opening with an extreme, an early indication to dismiss the rest of the post.